Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yin & Yang (*Velvet~Lust* x Shad0wX)

Eva Wilson undressed in her bedroom of her small apartment on 34th and 70th on a cool summer's night. The cold air from the opened window caused goosebumps to scatter across her soft skin. She shivered and went over to close the window and did a double-take, noticing a set of police cars rush passed her street, chasing a car with bullets flying passed them. "Just in the nick of time," she said to herself as she finally changed into her suit, becoming the alias and heroine, Illumina.

She walked over to the mirror and smiled, checking out her new suit she made for herself, instead of the one she had before, where it ripped in half from her previous run-in with Tenmin, the now-captured villain of the city. Unfortunately, there were more villains than needed in this city and with her schedule being busy with her full-time business representative job during the day, she can only help by night as Illumina. No one knew about her job as a hero, except for one person, her mother, who unfortunately passed away a year ago from a stroke. Eva sighed, remembering her mother and quickly closed her eyes and bowed her head down in respect. "I will fight for what I believe is right and do my very best," she said softly to herself, as she walked towards her window.

After climbing out of her window quietly, she started to raise her body up on a balcony above her to the next story and kept on repeating it, until she reached the roof. If someone tried turning on their lights, she would use her powers and soak up the light energy from the source and turn their lights off immediately, increasing her strength and dexterity. She overlooked the city while on the roof and noticed the police run out of their cars into an abandoned construction site, most likely chasing after the culprits.

Eva jumped over every alley onto every rooftop she could in order to get closer to the construction site where all the action is. Finally arriving at a roof closer to a beam being carried by a crane, she jumped onto it and tried staying in balance, feeling the beam sway back and forth from her sudden jump. "Shiiiit.." she said under her breath, trying to keep quiet as the beam creaked a bit. "It's only a matter of time until I see those criminals run pass me... Then I will be able to make my move."

Issac Smith had already been tailing the suspects as the Vengeful Shadow. He was using his power to to levitate making sure to stick to the shadows so he wasn't seen. His black cloak made him invisible to the criminals. He sped up past them and made it to the construction site first. He looked for something he could use to stop the culprits from escaping. Almost instantly a crane caught his attention. He used his power to take the crane and shift it in front of one of the possible escapes not thinking there was anything or anyone unusual on it. As he continued to block escape routes with his power. He could hear the criminals and the police approaching.

Eva gasped, holding onto the beam for dear life, as she could feel the crane rotate toward one of the exits from the construction site. She was afraid that maybe it was one of the criminals and shot a small beam of energy toward where she thought the culprit was. "You're not getting away!" she said to herself very quietly, hoping she hit him or at least grazed him to get his attention.

Issac caught the beam of energy in the corner of his eye and quickly avoided it. It only grazed his shoulder slightly. "Who are you?" He asked. It couldn't possibly be another villian, could it? Now the sirens were louder, they were close. Whoever this was he hoped she didn't end up getting in his way.

Eva scooted across the beam after falling and catching herself on her stomach. She cringed and clenched her jaw in a bit of pain. "None of your fucking business. I will give you 10 seconds to surrender yourself to me and the police." She swung herself, trying to aim at him with her feet to kick him off the beam, hoping she won't miss.

Issac used his power to detach the beam from the crane and just let it fall. He pushed himself further from her and made sure he landed safely. And now he knew what it was, 'surrender youself to me and the police,' she was another hero. "You've been mistaken... the bad guys your looking for are there..." said said and pointed to the one direction he hadn't blocked off. The criminals car drove up moments after he spoke.

Eva screamed as she felt the beam over her fall, she quickly climbed and let the beam fall below her, quickly jumping off of it before it landed. "How dare you do that!" She retaliated as she readied herself in position to defend herself. "Mistaken?" She squinted and noticed him in some kind of suit. She couldn't believe she was talking to another hero. "Well, I suggest you go home. I already have this situation take care of," she said quickly before sneaking off towards a stack of massive beams to hide behind so she could jump the criminals when they get out of the car.

Back
Top Bottom