Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Check Mate~BenenxJaqueline

Benen Eachann

Supernova
Azer stood watch as the clouds rolled by the hills, he was old, though he did not look it Azer was close to 10000 years old, he had lived a long and hard life. He stood looking out over the sea and wished that he could finally settle down and stop the war that always seemed to be surrounding his life.

The sea of Nil was quite today, the waves lapping at the shores with peace, and yet somewhere in Azer's mind a typhoon was raging. He kept to himself, but soon he was reminded of a song that he had sung when he was younger.

It was more of a poem, from texts long passed from this world, from a man name Shakespeare. It was old and archaic,but he remembered it well;

I have of late--but wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all 
custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. 
What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

He finished and stood thinking and listening to the world.​

An earsplitting explosion rang across the land and smoke could be seen rising from the lab. A fire rose up, licking at the sky.
"Hurry, gather those chemicals!"
"Put it out! PUT IT OUT!"
"LET'S GO! The building is going down!" Scientists rushed out of the building with random supplies and equipment, anything expensive they would quickly try and save.
Alyssia was still inside, huddled in a corner. Her eyes wide in fear, she tried to scream, but ended up coughing from the smoke.

Azer turned to see the explosion behind him, his first instinct was to find any survivors and help any that he could. he was there before most of them could blink, he was a being of the old world but still looked human. "Quickly if any person is in there you must get out, this building is not safe and looks as if it will be coming down soon." Azer yelled this through the open outer door to the facility.

Finishing a horrible coughing fit, Alyssia now gave a hoarse scream, clutching a round brass object to her chest as she huddled in the corner, too afraid to move.

Azer heard the scream and ran into the collapsing building, the fumes strong, but nothing he hadn't been through before, he found the girl curled up with something clutched to her breast, it was made of brass. Still Azer needed to get her out. The woman suddenly felt the loss of ground, but found the touch of a man, his arms strong and he was effortlessly carrying her out of the inferno, she couldn't quite see who this man was, or how he could survive the smoke and fire with out a protective suit, but soon all that mattered for not, as the world darkened about her. Azer could since her body passing out from the environment and carried her to sea, not but a quarter mile away.

Alyssia stayed curled up, afraid to try and cling to whoever was carrying her, and terrified of looking up. Suddenly she could hear water, waves. She could smell salt. She slowly uncurled, and looked up, brushing some of her sootied blonde hair out of her eyes, "Hello?" She asked, confused.

Azer was amazed that she had awoken so soon, "Lie still you are not quite yet ready to get up after what happened to you in there. My name is Azer, Azer Deintal, whats your?"

Alyssia suddenly became more alert and aware. She was being HELD by someone. Her eyes went wide and she curled up again. She had issues speaking to people, being picked up and carried was not something she was quite prepared for.

"no, you need not fear, I saved you back there please tell, who are, this land is riddled with to many strangers,I know. but you must at least trust me." his words were kind and soothing in Alyssia's ears.

She tensed up her muscles tighter. After about a minute of silence she said, "Please phut me dohwn..."

Alyssia didn't take the cup and kept her eyes down. Slowly she began uncurling herself, holding the object carefully. She looked at it from all angles, making sure nothing was wrong.

She looked up, from her spot on the ground he looked very very tall, and she felt small, "Iz mhy remhot...." She answered, embarrassed by her accent.

"Mhy stchtoff...." She answered shyly. This man had such an alluring, calming effect. She was so much more open and didn't know why, "Vhere ham hy?"

"ahh, you are here because i saved you life my dear." he started to fill his words with some of his demonic powers of seduction, "now come on over here my dear sit, have a cup of tea, maybe a bit more if i could peak you interests?"

Alyssia shook her head. She shivered, feeling a sudden chill as his voice changed, though it still sounded very alluring. She began fiddling with her remote, trying to ignore the man and the feelings he gave off.

The sky began to darken as the onset of night came closer, and closer, Azer, looked around and piled a few pieces of drift wood together and shot an ignition spell into them. "My lady Alyssia, come closer to the fire, you may freeze to death out there"

Alyssia looked over, and shakily stood, approaching him slowly, cautiously, then sitting down again on the opposite side of the fire from him. She resumed fiddling with her remote, which gave the occaisional beep in response to her meddling.

Alyssia stopped and looked up for a second, before resuming. A buzzing noise could be heard, and what looked much like a tiny brass helicoptor flew towards them from the city, landing next to Alyssia. It a little less than half her size and strange looking, it had what seemed like a great many poorly made and unsightly attatchments and additions that not only looked bad, but impractical, added to what might be a sleek design. She now began staring at this.

Back
Top Bottom