Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dancing with Death. Enos and ParallyzingLullaby

Enos

Star
He'd been at his job for awhile. Since Cain and Able to say the least, by now he'd seen so many humans that he barely took a passing interest in them anymore. It wasn't until one of them narrowly escaped him that he followed them. Although that didn't mean much either, they all came to him at some point. However only those that took their own life belonged solely to him if he wished it. He'd kept and discarded many over the centuries and millenia. It was all the same. Still it made his existence interesting for a moment to have them. He was Der Tod and he did what he could to keep busy.

Indiscriminate, he was in choosing those to embrace. Young, old, weak, strong...all the same to him. But on the rare occasion he would hunger for more. Lust, one could say...and that was when he sought out those few prized victims that he could lure into his arms and administer his ending [/font]kiss.

The wheezing breath of a young child no older than ten blew into the warm air around above her small sweat covered face. The atmosphere was thick and heavy with the weight of death while loved one gathered around her bed, holding their hands together in prayer. They were lingering around to see what the results of the medication she was just given would have on her illness.

Everyone in the room waited around for what felt like hours and when they felt she was going to pull through, the child released another wheeze and a strangled gasp as she let go of her last breath. A woman in the room screamed and buried her face into the chest of the man next to her.

They seemed to be her parents of the unfortunate child. Both of them slowly moved over to the little girl and leaned down to lift her petite frame into their arms. Hugging her tightly they cried and whispered endearments to the child, accepting the painful sting of loss. When the father was about to place his dead daughter down to rest on her bed a loud gasp sounded throughout the room as her body pulled air into her lungs. She lived… pulled herself back from death itself.

Der Tod cursed. She'd been so close! He'd had her in his hands and then she had looked into his face and pulled away from him. He knew it was only a matter of time before she ended up with him anyway. But it irked him to think she'd slipped from his grasp. Now that she had seen his face she'd be able to see him walk among the living as he stalked out his victims.

Although, now that he thought of it, it could also provide him with the opportunity to keep her...yes, some years down the road he'd visit her again and perhaps drive her to let go of her life. Those that welcomed death were his by right. Ah well, he was patient. He could wait...

Eight years later in another room within the same house that very child now classified an adult at eighteen stood beside the bed of a love one, her own very mother. Her father was knelt on his knees holding her delicate deathly thin hand while he listened to the Priest read off a prayer to help her passage to heaven. They knew Anna Marie D’Lusienne had been ill for a long time, this day was looming on the horizon for quite some time. Arianna bit down on the inside of her lower lip to keep her emotions in check. Her father was already grieving and didn’t need her added sorrow making things even harder. Just when the Priest finished his prayer, made the sign of the cross and spoke the final Amen- the lady of the D’Lusienne family finally passed on.

Der Tod stood to the back of the room. The woman was just on the brink of expiring and just before she took her last breath. He wandered over to her with an elegant sweep of his midnight blue coat. To this woman he seemed an angel come to deliver her from suffering. His face was gaunt, his frame slender but there was elegance to him. In his slow strides, the flutter of his shoulder-length golden hair and the extension of his long arms as he touched the dying woman's cheek. Bending low he pressed his mouth to hers, stealing from her lips her life's breath. He picked the still woman's shade up, out of her body, leaving the flesh behind where it lay. Glancing back at the girl for only an instant before he melded into shadow, taking with him the girl's mother.

The young woman frowned when she noticed that very same man she saw when she was a child. She looked from person to person in the room to see if anyone could see this guy being so intimate with her dying mother, but none of them seemed to notice anything at all. Not even her father who was still clinging onto the delicate hand of his wife while the blond man leaned down and kissed her. Arianna blinked rabidly as she stared at the man, watching him pick up what looked like her mother spirit and walk away into the shadows, then… he was gone and so as her mothers spirit. She could feel the difference in the room and that was when she felt the full weight of sadness grip her heart. Unable to bear hearing the tortured sounds of her fathers mourning she turned and left the room, hand clasped over her mouth to keep in her own sobs of sadness. She quietly closed the door behind her then walked down the hall to her fathers study. She needed to be alone, to adjust to the fact her mother was no longer of the living and that she may very well be losing her mind.

Der Tod knew the girl could see him. When she ran from her mother's room crying he was indifferent to it. They always cried...those left behind. When he was new tears were an enigma to him. He could not weep but it didn't take him long to discover that they were the expression of human pain and suffering. In the beginning it had saddened him, made him reluctant. But he knew better now, they had to end eventually. To make room for more the old had to leave. Things stayed in balance that way, he took the new soul to the afterlife and followed the child to the study. She was upset...perhaps he could bring home two souls this day.

"Arianna," he said walking up behind her. "Do you know who I am?" he touched her hair with long, thin, cold fingers.

Arianna was in her own little world of pain and hadn’t noticed anyone accompanying her until she felt fingers in her hair. Chills rolled down her spine and she shivered noticeably as she quickly raised her hand to grasp at her hair and pull it back over her shoulder and away from whoever dare touch it. When her violet eyes settled on eyes so blue one could get lost in them she suppressed the urge to gasp. “It’s you…” she said in a hushed whisper as she stepped back away from him. “You are the man that… tried to take me a-and took my m-mother just now…” She finished, the threat of tears tightening her throat. “What do you want?” she asked softly while eying him cautiously.

Der Tod knelt before the girl. "No need to be so frightened pet, I'm not your enemy." he tenderly stroked her cheek. "You seem so very sad and lonely, I came to offer you some...consolation." he said silkily brushing her hair away from her face with deceptively gentle hands. She was a pretty one, he still appreciated beauty when he saw it. He wondered if she would go with him.

The young woman blinked in confusion when she saw him kneel down in front of her feet. The very gesture made her mind jumble into twisted knots but she was immediately set back on track when he called her his pet. The name unnerved her considering what she just saw him do to her mother. Even so she listened to him but stilled when she felt the gentle touch of his fingers on the side of her cheek. They were so cold, like delicately formed icicles that sent even more chills down her spine. His voice was so calm and soothing, so attractive and easy to lull into like he was reciting an enchanting lullaby. However, when the word consolation fully sunk into her mind she jerked herself back from his touch, bringing her back up hard against an unyielding wall. “I don’t need anything from you.” She said firmly, even though her body hummed with desire and the wicked temptation to fall into arms. No! Those arms were just as cold as his fingers, lifeless and unfeeling.

Der Tod smiled and advanced on her, placing his hands on the wall on either side of her face. "Are you certain? I can liberate you, just think...one kiss from me and you'll never have to cry again." He touched his lips to her cheek, letting them move along the tracks of her tears. The flesh felt hot under his cool mouth and his arms closed around her, inviting her to return the embrace. She had to kiss him willingly; young, healthy, people didn't just keel over and it was against the rules for him to take someone before their time. "Let me sooth you," he offered.

Arianna gasped and pushed her back tighter against the wall to try and get away from him but she was distracted by his words and the icy softness of his lips on her cheek. She shivered as she felt the combination of his cold lips move over the wetness of her tender flesh and then the butterflies in her stomach batting their wings franticly. Her head turned to the side moving her lips as far away from his as her neck would allow. “Death is something we humans have to live with…” She began, in a soft whisper. “And I am strong enough to keep living with the reality of death regardless of how painful it is.” She added firmly, placing her hands on his chest and shoving him away from her.

Der Tod smirked. "You say that now, but I have a feeling your tragedies are just starting...I'll wager that before long you'll beg for release." he said smoothing his long coat. He bowed elegantly "Until then, good bye my dear." he disappeared slowly, like shadow fading in the sunrise.

The young woman remained stiff and pressed to the wall until the man in front of her faded away completely. Releasing the breath she was holding Arianna allowed herself to slowly drop down onto her rump where she wrapped her arms around her knees and cried. What in the world was happening to her?

Several months had passed since the last time she saw the handsome devil that tried to convince her to join him in death. She figured he expected her to flop over and give up on life when the going got tough, when death seemed to be all around her and she felt no hope for happiness in her future, but she was stronger than that. That was until her life was turned upside down.

It was late into the night and Arianna couldn’t seem to get to sleep. She wandered around the house, walked in the gardens and drank some soothing tea but nothing seemed to work. Releasing a frustrated sigh she began walking back to her room but paused when she heard a strange gurgling sound, it was link someone was choking. Filled with worry Arianna began to sprint in the direction of the sounds.

Panic seized her while her heart pound against her ribcage frantically. When she reached her fathers study the door was slightly open. The young woman was about to shove the door open wider when she saw her father knelt on the ground over another man, he was clutching a bloody knife tightly and had a terrifyingly vicious look on his face. I she hadn’t known any better she wouldn’t have recognized the man as her father.

What in the world had he done? He killed someone but why, what happen? She knew from the look on his face it wasn’t self defense but a vicious attack designed to attack the other man. Placing her hand over her mouth she jerks herself back from the crack in the door and quickly but silently runs to her room. She hadn’t slept at all that night and when morning came around and her was gone to the company she made her way to his study.

Entering the room she half expected to see a stained carpet or overturned furniture, perhaps the police or a maid but no. The office looked as though it hadn’t been touched at all. Frowning the young woman ran over the her fathers desk and searched the top for the knife or any evidence to prove she hadn’t gone insane but she couldn’t find anything. Moving her attention from the drawers she already searched she looked at the one her father always kept locked.

Kneeling she slid her hand along the bottom of the underside of the desk and smiled when she found the secret key. She had discovered the key when she was playing hide and seek as a child. At that time she was so young an naïve and because of her near death when she was ten her family always treated her well, gave her everything she ever wanted. But now, her father was keeping horrible secrets from her.

Arianna frowned even more so as she wiggled the key into the lock and opened the drawer. Her eyes widened when she saw the knife in a display case, fully cleaned and tucked away like a precious keepsake. Moving her hand past the knife she reached for some papers that caught her eye. What she read on those papers confirmed her suspicion and made the dread she felt all the more powerful.

There in front of her on this thin strip of paper was a contract between her father and a local slave trader. Her father had agreed to send slaves into the family’s underground storage where they would be killed. What puzzled her more than anything was why her father would do such a thing. What did he have to gain from killing people? She didn’t understand. Confused she tucked all the papers into the drawer and put the key back where she found it. With shaky hands she pushed her hair back from her wet face. Frowning she pulled her hand back and looked down at the moisture, she hadn’t even realized she was crying.

"So you know about your father's little contract with me?" Der Tod's icy voice seemed to fill the air around the girl as he spoke. Seeing the girl's bewildered face he chuckled. "Oh he doesn't know he's contracted to me, but killers are my kind, they send lots of souls my way." he reached out and idly petted her hair as thought she were a cat. "Does it upset you pet?" his fingers moved over her tears. He lowered his face towards her. "Shall I...kiss it better?" he purred tracing the tip of his wet tongue along her cheek, his hands on either side of the desk kept her from escaping as he pressed against her intimately.

She should count herself lucky that he appeared to her in the form of a handsome man. He had no real form, no gender, no race. He was an entity, he had many faces and names depending on location. In some lands he was a bird, others a dog, sometimes a dark shadow. He could be man or woman as the need suited him, for this girl he'd chosen a form called Der Tod, a seductive gentleman. The title was German, he liked the ring of it for this form. He wondered if his current shape pleased the girl.

"Come now...don't be silent." he whispered, "I can make this very good for you," he nuzzled her cheek, seduction was one of his favorite ways of tricking people into accepting his fatal kiss. His hands wandered over her body caressingly. He'd make her beg for it if she let him...

The young woman nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard the frigid voice of the man she knew wanted her soul. At the mention of the contract being with him and the fact killers were his kind she felt her heart tighten. She now knew her father was a killer and was trying to pull himself out of this so called contract it seems. Why did he even resort to this? What caused him to sign such a thing with a cruel being as death knowing he would stain his hands with the blood of innocent people and all for what?

Arianna tightened her shoulders when he began to pet her hair like she was an animal. When he called her his pet and touched the tear tracks on her face she shifted slightly attempting to get away but he only moved closer. She raised her gaze up to his handsome face and watched his cheek and ear as he moved the tip of his wet tongue over her flesh. Once again she tried to move but he had trapped her, this time in front of her fathers desk with his hands on either side of her body.

She was far too petite to fight him off and she wouldn’t dare try to harm someone that was already dead, she wasn’t stupid. However, this man made her feel stupid. As she shivered she tightened her lips together and pulled her eyes off him, planting them stubbornly onto a book shelf standing against the fall wall. Arianna frowned as she listened to him speak again, once again trying to tempt her into allowing his kiss.

When he nuzzled the side of her cheek, the very one he licked she felt her body tremble but not from fear. Arianna was an untouched woman, pure and sheltered from the day she escaped death. Her family protected her but also gave her everything she ever wanted and more but the only thing she ever wanted was the ability to be herself. From birth everything had been decided for her, set up so she didn’t have to lift a finger and always planned out without her knowledge.

The temptation to do something for herself was nearly overwhelming, even if that thought was to embrace death. She was lonely, trapped in a sheltered world with a killer father who never let her do anything for herself. However, if she gave into this temptation and allowed him to kiss her it would be his accomplishment, not hers. He was simply trying to manipulate her into kissing him for his own benefit.

Arianna felt herself shiver from the feeling of his cold hands touching her body. She could feel the chill through her clothing as he if were caressing her bare skin. Such thoughts made heat rise to her cheeks and a strange tightness throb between her legs. Unconsciously she pressed her legs together while he tried to move back from him only to bring her up tighter against the desk.

“Of course I’m upset… but that doesn’t mean I-I…” Distracted, she moved her eyes over his handsome face then pinned them on his lips. Swallowing, she gently cleared her throat. “Gorgeous or not, without a warm soul that feels love… I am in no way interested in joining you, or kissing those cold lips of yours.” She said firmly. Her body of course betrayed her but she curled her fingers around the edge of the desk and continued to hold it in a death grip.

Der Tod chuckled, she was a strong one alright. That didn't mean she wouldn't want him eventually and that didn't stop him from trying. "You say that now, but you can't escape me forever. No one can, however you can choose to accept me and perhaps be spared an unpleasant end." He said stroking her hair and kissing her neck softly. He always tried to get rid of those that could see him as soon as possible, it was detrimental to his cause to be exposed for long, even if it was only to a single person. He had to get her before she figured out that she could interfere with him taking others around her.

"I cannot have you against your will if it is not your time. The choice is yours Arianna." He said backing away a little. There had been people who had fallen in love with him before, it took a bit of patience and charm but that wasn't asking much of an eternal being. He also had to be careful to stay detached where she was concerned. He'd twice made the mistake of returning the feelings of such people, he'd still been young at the time and foolish. He was colder now, more calculated. This girl would fall for him, not he for her. Although he wasn't above pretending...

With a swish of his coat he stood, "If you think this incident with your father is tragic then just wait and see what lies in store for you. Mark me my sweet, this drama had just begun and you may yet find yourself longing for my touch to bring you relief."

Arianna was full aware of the fact she couldn’t escape him, he was death. Nobody could escape him forever but regardless of that fact it still wasn’t her time. She was healthier than most people and still active in everything she did, there was absolutely no reason for her to give in to his demands. When he touched her hair and kissed the side of her neck she knew she shouldn’t have felt anything but anger or even disgust but to her horror she felt the tingling sensation of arousal. However, the moment he reminded her of her choice she snapped herself back into reality and glared hatefully at him. “Yes, it IS my choice and I choose to live.” She stated firmly then straightened herself slightly when he spoke his warning. “I will deal with the events in my life as they come… not run away when the going gets tough.” She said softly.

It took a moment for Arianna to realize she was still holding onto the desk in a death grip that was until her fingers began to ache for relief. With a sigh she released the desk and walked away from it and the evidence of the horrendous acts of evil her father committed. Half way to the door she paused and gasped when she noticed her father standing just beyond the hall. He looked to have been waiting for her. “Papa…” She said softly, and approached him slowly but the closed she got she could see a malicious look in his face. Arianna… what have you done?” He asked, in an icy tone of voice.

Taken aback by her fathers tone she stopped walking and began to backtrack but he reached out a hand and grabbed her wrist. Without a moment to gather her thoughts she felt her father roughly pull her forward. “Have you any idea what I sacrificed to keep you safe? To keep you in this luxurious environment?” The grip he had on her wrist tightened to the point of bringing tears to her eyes. “I sold my soul to give you what you needed because the expenses of your treatment made your mother and I bankrupt.” He said loudly. “The last thing I wanted was a distrusting nosy daughter that didn’t know her place.” He added with a growl before roughly releasing her wrist and forcing her back against the side of the hallway. “Go to your room.” He said, turning his back on her. For a moment she simply stood there but when he looked over his shoulder and stared at her with that hateful glare she immediately turned and ran down the hall to her room.

Der Tod watched the scene unfold, it was only mildly amusing...although he had certain sadistic tenancies from time to time he did not wholly favor needless cruelty. He did what he did to keep the world moving, goodness knows if people didn't die there'd be no room for the new ones that were born every day. With the new technologies coming to play there were more people being born per day than he could take at once. He feared that if the pattern continued the earth would run out of room. But that wouldn't be for a long time yet and he could always summon a plague to wipe out a good chunk of the population before it became to numerous.

He wondered if Arianna would take much more of her life turning upside down. Perhaps she wouldn't kiss him but maybe he could offer her...comfort. His cock gave an interested twitch at the thought. He might not have been able to kiss her before she was ready but there were other things he could do...intended to do if she'd permit him. She'd soon find that death was going to be her only friend in the days to come, and who knows? After a night of sweet bliss perhaps he'd get that kiss,
seduction could be most advantageous.

Entering her room Arianna turned herself around and back up against her closed door, she covered her mouth while she attempted to blink back the tears burning in her eyes. She knew the cost of keeping her alive had taken a large chunk out of her fathers funds but he made it sound as though it was her fault she got so deathly ill. She was but a mere ten year old child! Did he really feel underappreciated simply because she found out something he hadn’t wanted her to know? Even though she knew it wasn’t her fault she still felt like she was partially responsible for her fathers actions. Looking down at her bruised wrist she squeezed her eyes shut tighter while she clamped her hand harder over her mouth and slid her body down to the floor in front of her door. Soft sobs of sadness filled the cold air around her as forced her body to stiffen in an attempt to calm herself. Closing her eyes she lowered the hand that had been covering her mouth and placed it over her beating heart. Was this life truly hers then? Did she have a right to request freedom if it was her fault her father committed such a horrible sin? Sighing the young woman leaned to the side to lay down on the floor. She curled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, shielding her face from the harsh sunlight beaming through the windows. It was in that exact position she had fallen into a restless sleep. Curled on the floor like a confused child or a lost soul with a troubled mind.

While the girl dreamed Der Tod danced through her mind, he whirled her through her memories, happy and sad, in a strange waltz. He would guide her around her thoughts before pulling her to him and settling kisses on her face or neck, he was careful not to touch her lips though. She hadn't asked yet and he couldn't take until she did...

The scene swirled and they were surrounded by stars, the midnight heavens glittered beautifully and eerily around them as Der Tod wound his arm around her waist. "You're sad...tell me what's wrong?" he coaxed stroking her face with deceptively tender fingers.

The long wavy brunette colored locks of her hair swirled around her shoulders wild and free as he body moved with a liquid grace that allowed her to keep up with deaths dance. Her violet eyes remained open only for a short time before she allowed them to slide close, letting herself loose enough to enjoy the mystical travel through her memories. When the scene changed to that of a midnight scenery of glittering stars she reopened her eyes to admire the view.

Arianna tore her attention from the view when she felt the arm of her dance partner move around her waist. His question, spoken in such a soft voice tempted her tears to return but she blinked them back and moved her face away from his touch. “You were right…” She admitted finally, looking away from him. “But… that doesn’t mean I want to die…” She added quickly, retuning her gaze to his. “When you said the drama had just begun… you meant it didn’t you?” She asked halting her movements and eyeing him with suspicion.

While on the floor the young woman moaned softly in her sleep while her body twitched slightly, causing her to roll onto her other side then onto her stomach. Her face rested over the back of one of her hands, teetering on the edge of her fingertips just over the hard wood of the floor. She breathed in and out evenly while she slept on undisturbed.

Der Tod gave her an ironic smile, "I am many things...a liar is not one of them." he said. To her statement about dying he said:"Correction, you don't want to die yet. That's fine, I can wait. I am eternal." as he said this he caressed the line of her back pushing her closer into him. "Don't think just because I can't kiss your mouth I'm going to disappear though," he rubbed his lips into the juncture of her neck and shoulder as he spoke. "there are plenty of ways for me to pass the time."

Arianna couldn’t help but grin at his frankness but frowned and quirked up her lower lip in irritation when he corrected her on the subject of her own death. When he reminded her of his immortality she inwardly groaned. This man was going to drive her insane and not in a good way. At least that was what she thought up until she was coaxed closed to him and then heard his next comment which she instantly forgot the second his lips touched the space between her neck and shoulder. A soft groan slipped past her semi parted lips before she could stop it. This is a dream! She screamed at herself inside her scattered brain. He couldn’t possibly mean that he would spend his time doing this sorts of intimate things to her? Even if she had control over the option of giving him her kiss or not she couldn’t control when and where he touched her. The very thought both frightened and excited her. She was about to lean into him when her head slipped off the end of her fingers and collided with the hard wooden floor. With a loud moan of pain she woke herself up and rubbed the red spot blooming over the smooth skin of her forehead.

Just as he'd been on the verge of slaking his growing desires for her she'd vanished from the dream. Damn! She must have woken up. With a sigh of exasperation Der Tod vanished into the shadows to return to his scheming and plotting.

Back
Top Bottom