Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Walking Home (Decadence and Candira)

"Hi Sophie," Keith said. "It looks like I won't be able to make it to class for a few days. I'm...uh, I've been locked up." He then chuckled lightly. "But don't worry about me. I just called to say that everything is gonna be fine, and not to worry if you don't see me for a couple of days. Someone will be looking for me when they notice I've been gone, so they'll handle my bail. But I just wanted to let you know that, and I miss you down here. Thinking about you has made jail feel almost..." He then looked around, taking in all the bleak, fluorescent lighting, the surly guards, and the horrid, pungent smell which reminded him of the boy's locker room in High School.

"Pleasant." He finished.

Instantly, she was worried about him. "What? Why did they lock you up?" she asked, pulling on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Despite his uttering of "it'll be okay," she wouldn't just leave him there. She frowned and put on her watch, taking the phone off of speaker mode as she grabbed her keys and her purse. "Are you okay?" she asked, heading for the door. If thinking about her was making jail seem almost pleasant, he must have been hurt. If he hadn't told her that he liked her earlier today, she might have thought he was insulting her. Now, however, she was just worried about getting down to the station in time.

"You know I'm not leaving you there, right?"

"You know I'm not leaving you there, right?"

Her voice sounded so pleasant, that he would have spent his phone call just to hear her voice, rather than to post a bail. Luckily, he had some powerful connections, but in the end, what were they worth to him when compared to her? (Note to self: Don't let them know about that).

"Wait, you're leaving right now?" He asked, his eyes widening in surprise. "You don't have to do that, Sophie." He didn't want to expose her to all of this. Yet he didn't mind seeing her again--but still! Her well-being was a priority.

"Well, unlike someone I know, I can leave and I am. So just accept it. I'll be there in a little bit, and then I'm going to kick your butt for calling me to tell me 'Oh, I'm in jail, but I'll be okay, I just wanted you to know so you can worry about me even though I don't want you to. Miss ya!' Honestly, Keith, you need to work on that." She rolled her eyes and locked the apartment door behind her and unlocked her car as she came to it. Did he really think she wouldn't have worried about him being in jail?

He listened to her fierce determination, smiling into the mic. "I miss you too," he said. That was what he loved about her, that take-no-shit attitude, marked with blunt honesty. If it was a stick she wielded, he would have wanted her to beat him senselessly for hours with it. Of course, he'd beat her with his own stick as well. She was like that ever since they were little, and it was something which put her above and beyond all of the other playthings he's screwed around with.

When she hung up on him, he placed the phone back on its hook, smiling to himself. The guard overseeing him frowned at him, perplexed by his sunny expression. "It ain't Christmas yet, son. Back into your cell." He said.

Keith sat his ass on the cold, concrete slab, continuing to think about Sophie, what he could do to make up for her trouble.

As promised, Sophie arrived at the jail in a few short moments. She wasn't impressed with the janitorial staff. You'd think that at least the front area would be clean. Unfortunately, that wasn't really the case. She walked up to the person at the front desk and explained that she was here to post bail for Keith Corbett. The man at the desk nodded and got the proper paperwork and watched the pretty girl as she filled out a check. Once it was taken care of, the guard took her back to see Keith, so they could walk together and have him sign the papers.

"You are in sooo much trouble." She crossed her arms as she stood in front of the cell door while the guard unlocked it and called Keith forward.

All of his fellow cellmates turned their heads toward Sophie, undressing her with their eyes. One of them whistled.

"Goddamn!" Another exclaimed, stroking his chin.

"Take me with you!" A tattooed biker said, flashing yellowed teeth from behind his dirty beard.

Keith glared at them, then smirked as he slowly rose to his feet. Even though she had disapproval written all over her face, he was overjoyed by the sight of her. She had come for him as she said she would. Sophie Renard never let him down. He looked into her eyes as he walked towards the cell entrance. It felt like years since they last saw each other.

He fought the urge to hug her, to thank her, to show his gratitude, but that wasn't appropriate in this time and place. Instead, he simply accompanied her just as she did so when they were at school. The roles were reversed. He followed her and the guard, keeping his mouth shut until he had to fill out the paperwork.

Once he was done, he left the station with her. "I know," he finally said to her as they made their way down the stairs outside the building. "But let me thank you first before you proceed to kick my ass." He then smirked at her.

Sophie raised an eyebrow at Keith's cell mates as she was mentally assaulted. The one who whistled at her received a look of almost motherly disapproval and the one who'd said goddamn got the same treatment. The biker almost made her lose it and start laughing, but she managed to remain aloof enough to deal with Keith and the paperwork with a straight face. As they were walking out she looked over at him and he immediately began to speak, his first words of gratitude. She tried to keep an annoyed expression, but just laughed and lifted her leg to literally kick his backside, which she did. Hard.

"There. Victory is mine. Now are you ever going to make me do this again?" She asked, crossing her arms once they were at the bottom of the stairs.

He arched his back, throwing a hand to feel his aching butt. He looked down at her with a surprised smile, upper teeth showing. "No ma'am, I won't," he said, grinning. Then he slowly crept up to her and brought his hand up to her hair, tugging at it lightly to pull her head towards him. With his other arm, he wrapped it around her, spinning her around and pressing her against him. He exhaled, closing his eyes, sniffing her sweet scent. "Thank you, Sophie."

She watched him as he crept toward her, not sure what he was up to, but she didn't move. When his hand tugged at her hair, she came toward him a little, still unsure of what was happening. Sophie gave a little squeak as he put his arm around her and the world started to spin. She tucked herself into him as he spun her and then looked up at him as he sniffed at her and thanked her. "Y-you're welcome...." she said softly. "Seriously though, if I ever find out you did this again, you'll get more than a swift kick to the pants." She frowned. It was hard to be mad at him when he was so happy to see her. He was hugging her and smiling and...charming. Damn it. The more she looked up at his smiling face and those green eyes of his, the more she felt herself wanting to like him too much to be mad.

He watched her with his green eyes, studying those brilliant, swirling dark orbs of hers. God, did he love how he couldn't tell what color they were sometimes. It immediately reminded him of her personality, in some way, since he was never sure what she'd say or do; despite her being so straight and serious all of the time. He loved how she switched from fiery to demure in the blink of an eye, yet had the tenacity to be either whenever she chose. He let her finish, bringing up a finger to comb a curly lock of hair as he listened to her speak. He nodded.

He then released her, walking away towards her car with his fingers curled up against hers, leading the way. He stopped at the driver's side and looked back at her expectantly.

She let him play with her hair and lead the way to her car. As he looked at her expectantly, she simply stared back. After a moment she laughed and crossed her arms. "You really expect me to let you drive, don't you? I don't know if I should be impressed at your ego, or pissed off at your sense of entitlement." She tilted her head and kept the keys out of his reach. "Either way, the answer is no. Now be a good boy, and go to the passenger's side."

Her condescending tone was something to behold. Hearing her smaller figure bark up to him like that, calling him a 'good boy' and ordering him to the passenger's side stiffened him a bit down there. She never knew what he looked like with his pants down, did she? He didn't know what she looked like without her clothes on either. His curiosity began to linger as he made his way to the opposite side, giving her a foxy smirk.

"Is this how you're like in bed?" He asked. "If so, I'd like to see more of it."

She shot him a look and then rolled her eyes as she unlocked the car and climbed into the driver's seat. "Yeah, well keep dreamin', pall. It'll take more than a grin and some light flirting." That said she stared her car and put on her seat belt. Once he was in the car, she looked over at him and sighed a little. "Okay, where would you like me to take you?" she asked, leaning back in her seat a little. "And I swear to God, if you say, 'to bed' I will visit such violence upon you, you'll wish you were still in jail."

He cocked an eyebrow at her, falling more in love with the fiery redhead with every word uttered. "I was thinking I'd take you to dinner for your troubles," he said. "And 'to bed?' Don't you tempt me." He then chuckled. "So what are you in the mood for? Personally, I feel like Italian, but it's your call. You are the one behind the wheel, anyhow."

Keith should really be shivering in his britches right now over his impending sentence, but he was calm and upbeat. Even though he was a repeat offender, this was his first time caught with a stolen vehicle, so with the right attorney hired, he could get off on a probation. He severed the thought and decided to focus on Sophie instead. Criminal Law always put him to sleep.

His laughter and the statement before made her wonder if he really wouldn't have thought to say such a thing, but let it slide as he told her he wanted to take her out. "You wanna take me to dinner? Shouldn't you be saving your money for the attorney you'll need?" she asked, pulling away from the station, not wanting to stick around longer than she needed to. She made sure to look both ways and headed toward the area in town with the most restaurants anyway. It was better than staying put. Sophie paid attention to where she was going. She was a good driver.

It absolutely floored her that a guy could get thrown into jail for something like this, after having a record (which she was aware of) and be this calm. Maybe he was just in shock? Whatever it was, she wasn't sure what to think of the calm, slightly flirty Keith that was sitting in her passenger's seat.

"Of course I want to take you to dinner. It's the least I can do after having dragged you out to post for my bail. And about the lawyer, don't worry about it. I know someone who's saved me a couple of times. He's really hotshot--never failed on me." He then chuckled. "Of course, he is expensive, but that's why I'm getting a little help from some..." he looked at her. "Some friends. I just owe them a few favors and then things will be clean."

They were approaching one of his favorite Italian restaurants. He pointed over so she could pull over. A large sign entitled, "Vinnie's" shone from the front. "If you're feeling like it, Sophie, you could pull over here. I love their Tortellini."

He bit his lip as he glanced around the restaurant, as though he were looking for someone.

The fact that he thought his intentions should be obvious was somehow confusing to her. Still, she was hungry, and she had gone out of her way to get him...Why did they have to be driving past Vinnie's? She'd heard delicious things about the food there. And suddenly she was all gung-ho for pasta. She pulled over like he asked and parked. His little speech about "friends" and "favors" made her nervous, however.

"You know...you don't have to go through your...friends. Seriously, favors can be anything." Worry was written all over her face. Not so much worry as concern. She frowned and looked at him. This had been the longest day she'd ever been through.

After they left the car, he waited for her to get out and lock her door. It always annoyed him whenever someone would dash out of the car once he parked, and he wanted to make sure Sophie felt comfortable, since this had been a pretty long fucking day.

Seeing all of that worry on her face bothered him though. He stepped in beside her and put his arm around her as they made their way inside the restaurant. "You always look so cute, you know that? Even when you're worried, and especially when you want to kick my ass." He then gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Inside, ceiling fans spun quietly above them in the ambient restaurant. About a quarter of the seats were taken by giggling couples and a few families as they chattered quietly under the warm glow of dimly-lit candles. A tall, weary-looking host greeted them, bowing with a white cloth over his forearms. Soon, they were seated at a booth with Keith scooting right next to Sophie; his body between her and the edge of the seat. He bent his head forward, gazing dreamily at her candlelit profile as he brushed his fine hair aside with a wave of his neck. He rested his foot right beside her, just like where it was during Dillinger's class earlier today.

Sophie blinked and he was at her side, his arm around her as they walked toward the neat-looking little place. His comments did little to take the worry away, but they did make her smile in spite of herself. Feeling as though he wouldn't listen to her if she told him to not do it again, she just leaned into him, accepting the comfort that he offered to her. "Gee, thanks," she said with a smile.

The place had an interesting ambiance to it. It was obviously a place that housed dates, but there were families here too. Romantic and soothing at the same time, it was actually quite a charming place. She slid into the booth and put her purse by the wall when he slid in next to her. They were very close to each other, his face closer to hers than it had been for most of the day. Her candle-lit profile was blushing again, and as he flipped his hair, she caught herself feeling a little melty while looking at him. Damn it.

He was being very sweet to her, and she wasn't entirely sure what to think. She felt his foot against hers again and looked over at him. She chuckled at the situation, amused by how at ease he seemed to be around her now. "Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of a booth if we're both on the same side?" she asked, pushing some crimson locks behind her ear. "Or are you thinking of using it as a foot rest?"

He held his face close to her until their noses were a mere inch or two apart. "Not if I get a chance to be this close to you," he said. He could feel the warmth from her lips at this range. He paused, staring into her eyes again, which looked even more dark in the dim surroundings. Strands of his fluffy, emo hair covered half of his left eye. He pursed his lips a bit, feeling the silver ring on the left corner of his lower lip tap against his front teeth.

Just then, the waiter arrived, handing them their menus. Keith turned away, grabbed a copy, and handed one to Sophie. "Dinner's on me," he said, as he held up the menu like he was reading the morning paper, before placing it flat on the table since it was too dark to read at that angle.

He held his face close to her until her pulse sped up to an uncomfortable pace. She was still blushing, and the overwhelming urge to close the small distance between him was barely held in check. He stared into her eyes and she found herself mesmerized by him, the emo fringe only adding to his appeal. Oddly enough, straight-laced Sophie had a weakness for the whole emo look. Damn it. He was winning her over without trying. His one-liner had actually melted her a little. Before long she would be putty in his hands. Just when she was sure he was going to kiss her, they were interrupted by menus.

She let out a sigh of relief, but was surprised when that mingled with feelings of disappointment. What was happening to her? So confused, poor Sophie smiled and accepted the menu burying her face in it for a little reprieve. Being so close to him...caring so much and experiencing so many emotions...it was starting to wear her out. Once she caught her breath, she ran into the same problem as him and mirrored his actions. After a few moments of studying the menu, she found what she wanted and smiled.

Surprisingly, Keith wanted to save his first kiss with Sophie for a more meaningful moment than a casual dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was a nice place, to be sure, but he felt that he could do better than this. Besides, his busted lip wouldn't bode so well with any make out sessions anyway. Despite that, his heart had been thudding in his chest, being so close to her like that. He had to take a moment to catch his breath as he tried taking her attention away from it by browsing the menu. He eventually decided upon a tasty Tortellini dish which he ate quietly once it arrived. In between morsels, he would look over at Sophie, observing her eat.

Sophie had ordered a plate of Chicken Parmesan with a wedge of garlic toast. She ate that first, and smiled softly, trying not to let the silence last too long, but she couldn't think of anything to bring up. "So how is it?" she asked, eating her food. She was a neat eater, thank God. The way he was staring at her made her a little uncomfortable, but she still ate, trying to look like she was enjoying herself. The food was fantastic, and she would have been enjoying herself more if he would talk to her.

"It's wonderful," he said, chewing quietly, before dabbing his mouth with a napkin. "You're such a neat eater," he said, pointing at how orderly she dissected her Chicken. "It's like you're rearranging furniture on your plate. It's cute."

In contrast, he forked through his food, treating it like what it was, food. He mutilated the layer of mozzarella cheese on the top and mixed it with the meat sauce as he ate. The way he handled the food once it was off the place, though, was rather feline and graceful. "So how do you think of the place? It's nice to have a moment where we can talk again, huh?"

Back
Top Bottom