Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Above the system? [Doom Cookie & ShackledKai]

Kai sat in the driver's seat of his 98 Camry with his hands clutched against the steering wheel. He was late picking up another employee's shift, and if he didn't clock in on time they both were going to be reprimanded. He didn't need another demerit on his record or he would most likely be fired and without a job, unable to pay for school. He obeyed the 30 mph speed limit as he crossed through some empty streets. The man rolled down his window to smoke a before-work cigarette but heard a loud vibration from the glove compartment. He slowly bent down to open it up and retrieved his cell-phone. It was an angry text from his boss, all caps. “Shit.” He muttered as she tried to pull himself back up to the wheel, but saw flashing lights in his rear-view. “Shit!” He yelled this time to himself, annoyed that he might have crossed a stop sign in his scramble to get his phone.

Kai pulled to the side of the road and adjusted the green jacket he was wearing, smoothing out all the wrinkles. He glanced into the rear view to part his hair and get the black locks out of his eyebrows. He looked at himself in the mirror, and then his smokey blue eyes turned to the figure exiting the police car. He slammed his fists on the wheel in disgust. It was a woman! His friends wouldn't hear the end of it if he told them he got pulled over by a lady cop. The boy simply reached back to grab his wallet with his information in it since he knew that was the thing she would ask for.

Emily was on duty today, just like every other day. She sat at her normal spot and watched traffic go by her. As she sat there she watched a man pass her with not only a tail light out but he was also on his phone. Oh the wonders of going 30 mph. Emily could actually see what people were doing and sometimes she wished she couldn't. She'd already pulled over a couple who drove by her earlier today attempting oral sex while driving.

She turned on her lights and proceeded to pull the guy over. She ran his plates real quick and saw that he had nothing too outstanding on his record; few parking tickets, few speeding, that was it. She got out of her vehicle and walked over to his. "License and registration please." she said in a kind but authorative tone. She was really hoping this guy wasn't going to be a douhe 'cause she was female.

Kai unenthusiastically held his middle finger on the trigger to roll the window down as the officer approached the side of his car. When she asked for his info, he flashed it right in front of her. “Yeah, yeah. Just do your job, woman.” He had a visible look of annoyance as he handed over his identification. Just then, his cell-phone rang again and he picked it up and opened it, blowing off the officer to read another text from his boss. “Goddamit.” He groaned and threw the phone onto the passenger's seat before looking back to the cop and handing her his insurance papers. He had to admit that she was pretty attractive, he had to wonder what made her become a cop and a crusher of lives and fun. “Here's my stuff, I know I was speeding or whatever, just give me a ticket, now.” He wasn't completely chauvinistic, but the person who he was taking his anger out on happened to be a woman. “Can you go ahead and write down your number on that ticket, too?” He said jokingly, but in a smart-alecy tone.

Emily ignored his attitude and checked everything out. "You weren't speeding Sir, but you do have a tail light out and you were on your phone. Both are heavy fines. I'm afraid I have to go back to my cruser for a moment." she could see that he was in a hurry, but she made no effort to move quickly as she headed to her vehicle with his information in hand. She ran his license, his registration and then finally his insurance. Everything checked out. Too bad his attitude hadn't. She spend a bit more time in her car, printing out the tickets and such, watching how he reacted to how slow she was going. After ten minutes she got out of her car and walked up to the front door of his.

She handed him the ticket and spoke in an authoritive tone, "Forget the number, I prefer bad boys." In all honesty she did. When she had the whip in her hand it gave her the perfect oportunity to give a few good swats. Bad boys always did something to deserve a swat or two. With that she nodded "Have a good day, drive safe and stay off that cell phone." she headed back to her cruiser and drove back to her normal spot she sat in. Just another day at work.

Kai rapped his palms against the steering wheel in annoyance at how long it was taking for the cop to run his information through. All the while, his phone was exploding with calls from his irate boss. After several minutes he finally grabbed up his phone and held down the power button to shut it off. "That'll shut you up," He said angrily as he saw the cop was still in her patrol car. It was pretty safe to say that he was fired. When the woman returned, he pawed at the ticket and swiped it from her hands. He couldn't help but crack a smile at her comments about bad boys. Leave it to a lady cop to have that sort of preference in her men. When she returned to her car, he decided to make a U-turn and head back to his house, there was no point in going to work to get chewed out so he would consider his not showing up as a form of resignation. On the way back, he decided to flip off the cruiser as he passed by it to voice his displeasure with the job the policewoman was doing.

Emily saw the man flip her off as he passed her, but let it roll off her shoulders. She was used to things like that, she really was. But something about how he acted bugged her, it really did. She thought about it on and off for the rest of that day, trying to figure out why it bothered her so much, but sadly she cam up with nothing. At the end of her day she decided it was time for a drink. She headed to the local bar after stopping home and changing into normal cloths. She sat at the bar, ordering a southern comfort and coke, sipping at it slowly. It felt great to have a drink.

Back
Top Bottom