Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Lord Dakol and Seraphine Light)

The nearing castle made Talia's cut wrench, her heart beating a little faster. She didn't like being so close to the castle, and she made a point to hide her face behind her hair, just in case one of her guard happened to be in the area. She was pulled along beside Lucius until they reached a window. The Princess stood a little behind Lucius, mostly hiding her from view as she clutched his arm nervously. "I don't look recognizable do I?" she whispered into his ear as she stood on her toes.

The window seemed to be empty, and she wondered if that meant the person wasn't there. Perhaps they'd have to come back later? The Princess moved back to standing regularly and glanced around the area, her eyes moving to the music and then back around to all the people moving about. They all seemed much more wealthy then the earlier folks she spoke with.

But she stood there, hiding behind Lucius as she awaited for the person to show up that Lucius wanted to get some things from.

Lucius glanced down at Talia and chuckled at her timidness. "No, you don't. But, remember: the city guards or anyone else don't know what the Princess looks like. It's fine," he assured her. He turned his attention to the window and smiled. "Seraphine! Are you there?" he yelled out with a grin.

"Who's there, dammit?! You know it's not time for me to open yet!" a voice barked back. It was obviously feminine, though there was a razor-sharp edge to her words. Soon enough, a beautiful young woman that looked to be a bit older than Talia appeared at the window. She had long blond hair that was tied up in a ponytail near the back, and had eyes of hard green glaring at Lucius. However, the expression vanished as Seraphine realized who it was. Her voice became noticeably softer as he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh, Lucius! What are you doing here?" she asked, obviously pleased to see him.

"I need some new equipment. This time, metal," Lucius replied calmly. Seraphine was about to respond when she noticed Talia hiding behind Lucius, and her eyes narrowed a bit. "Who's she?" she asked, with a tinge of envy in her voice.

Talia relaxed a little when he told her nobody would notice her and she felt a smile curl her lips up, but when a woman's voice was heard she tensed. She peered out at the woman that appeared and she felt her body tense at the friendly attitude she conveyed to Lucius. The Princess listened quietly to their small conversation and then felt herself flinch at the sudden envy in the woman's voice. Talia noted the narrowing of Seraphine's eyes and she tightened her grip on Lucius' arm. How dare the woman look at her like that! A bit of irritation flitted across her face as she eyed up the beautiful woman.

Talia felt like stepped forward, revealing who she was but she just bit her tongue, knowing that nothing that came from her mouth would help them any. So after a deep breath she stepped around Lucius and crossed her arms," Name's Isabella..." she said, her voice hard. It almost seemed like her voice held a challenge, especially as she stood her ground in front of Lucius now, her stance rigid.

"So...do you have what he needs?" she said simply, her own eyes narrowed at the woman.

Seraphine glared back, seeming to accept Talia's challenge. "Isabella . . . hmph. Of course I do. I'm the best in the city," she replied in a huff, crossing her arms before looking at Lucius with a sweet smile. "So, you need the usual, right? Grieves, vambraces, spaulder, chest guard?" she asked.

Woah, wasn't expecting that. Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Talia along, Lucius thought, No, I can't lose sight of her.

"That's right. Though, I need a pauldron instead of a spaulder," Lucius corrected with a sheepish smile. He didn't the tension that he apparently created. His eyes flickered to Talia, then realized something, "You need a weapon, don't you? That's right. Seraphine, can you set her up?" he asked.

The blank look that accompanied Seraphine told him that she wasn't agreeing. "You can defend her, right? Make sure she doesn't get . . . killed," she answered, glaring at Talia.

"Of course I can, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to protect her 24/7."

"What a shame."

Lucius sighed, then straightened back up, allowing a subtle, seductive smile to appear on his lips. "Please . . . I'll be so grateful..." he said softly, walking over to the counter and sliding his hand over hers. It was obvious that Seraphine was trying to argue, but her eyes continued to glance at his smile. "I-I... ngh... all right..." she muttered bitterly. "You owe me..." she added, smirking slyly as she winked. "I'll be back."

She the vanished, leaving the two as Lucius turned to look at Talia with a sheepish chuckle.

Talia glared angrily at Seraphine, her instant hatred for the woman growing more every single second she opened her mouth. The sweet smile that Seraphine gave to Lucius made Talia's fists clench. She listened to Lucius talk about what he needed but then released her fists when he spoke to her. The thought of getting a weapon from Seraphine made her angry again, and the other woman didn't seem thrilled about the idea.

"What a shame?" she growled quietly,"I'll show you-" she stopped before she said anything further. "I don't-" she was ready to say she didn't need a weapon, she had her own dagger in her satchel, from the castle, but Lucius was already speaking again and his movements made her eyes widen and her jaw drop. He slid his hand over Seraphine's and Talia gritted her teeth in response. She wasn't an idiot, he was seducing Seraphine into getting her a weapon, but it wasn't necessary and it made her very angry.

When she finally gave in, giving Lucius a sly look, Talia growled under her breath, her face on fire from the built up anger. Never before in her life had she had so much hatred for any one person. But Seraphine really seemed to get under her skin! As Lucius turned to her, a sheepish chuckle escaping his lips she turned on her heel and started to walk away. "Take care of it by yourself!" she snapped, her fists once again curled up at her sides as she tried her best to not look back at Lucius. If she stayed there she would end up starting something she knew she wouldn't be able to end.

So all she hoped was that he'd leave her alone and let her cool off!

Lucius knew perfectly well that Talia had a dagger, but it wouldn't be enough in case she was alone. She needed something that could both protect her an attack at the same time. As she stormed off, yelling something that made him flinch, his left eye twitched in anger. He knew better than to follow after her, and only hoped that she would be safe. Turning back to the window, he growled gently hopped over the counter, landing inside the small apartment. Lucius was instantly engulfed in warmth from the furnace that held the smithing equipment, and spun around to look for the young woman. "Seraphine! Really?!" he yelled, clenching his fists to control his anger. But he didn't expect to be ambushed. The weapon-smith came up behind the Thief and pushed him against the wall, holding his wrists as she smirked. "Finally . . . I've waited for a long time to see you again, Lucius. I've missed you." she whispered, leaning in, their lips inches apart.

A look of surprise and confusion flashed across his face, and attempted to wriggle out of her grip. "What? You ended it between us!" he replied with a growl, trying to move his head back to create space between them, but it was no use. But, despite his feelings for Talia, he knew there was a tiny ounce of attraction to Seraphine, and immediately knew that using his charms on her was bad idea.

Talia had made it a little ways away before she sighed, a little guilty that she'd stormed off. It wasn't Lucius' fault that Seraphine had made her angry. With a small smile she turned back towards the woman's home and looked around outside for Lucius. He wasn't there anymore, and she assumed he'd gone inside. So with a small smile still placed on her lips she leaned inside the window, looking around for anyone. But what she saw made her gasp in surprise. The image burned itself into her brain. It was Lucius, pinned against the wall, Seraphine's lips hovering above his own. Talia felt her heart shatter at the sight.

She was stuck. She didn't know what to do, she could jump through the window, let her mind go, or she could run. But her distress at the sight before her made her unsure. More pain overwhelmed her then anything else, and so before anyone could really notice her leaning into the window she jumped back from it, her feet carrying her swiftly away. She ran, ran as fast as she could past the merchants and the people playing music. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she used all of her energy to flee the scene.

What if he'd been held their against his will? Then the night before flooded to her mind. He seemed to have wanted her last night, but he'd made the excuse that they couldn't, not until it was safer. Perhaps he'd lied, maybe he didn't want her like that, maybe he was playing with her, and instead desired Seraphine over her. She felt tears sting her eyes as she found herself back into the lower class part of the city. Her run slowed down a bit, when Lucius was finished getting his "armor" he could come find her, but she wasn't going back there. There was no way in hell.

The Princess wandered about, her eyes downcast at the dirty road, people bumping past her on their way by. She saw a small space between to houses, much like an alleyway and she headed into it, moving farther in until shadows surrounded her, no longer the warm sun. There she sat down, her despair and hatred overriding her emotions. She didn't feel in danger, but she was naive. There were always dangerous people, no matter where you go. Especially if you're a pretty young girl.

"So what? I have you back, can't I..?" Seraphine said quietly, obviously getting intoxicated by being near him. Really, sometimes he loathed being a demi-god.

"No, I'm with Isa-!" Lucius began to argue, but was quickly silenced when he felt her lips against his. At the touch, his mind instinctively flickered back to the nights he had been with her, Seraphine's body writhing as he entered her. For just a moment, Lucius' body went lax, hands going limping as his lips brushed hers, returning the kiss. "N-No . . . mmph..."

Meanwhile, as Talia rested in a dark alleyway by herself, she didn't know that she wasn't alone. No, two figures appeared at opposite ends of the alley, blocking the exits as one of the grinned with a malicious glint in his eye. "Well well, we do we 'ave 'ere? A pretty little thing, eh..?" he growled, drawing a sword as he walked towards her. It was obvious what they had in mind...

But, he was saved. Lucius saw the glint of a right glow from his flesh and the image of Talia flooded his mind. Instantly, his body tensed and pushed Seraphine away. She yelped in surprise as she fell onto her bottom, looking at Lucius in shock. "What-?!"

"I can't believe you... get the armor ready, as well as a half-and-half sword. I'll be back in a few hours," Lucius growled, his tone dripping with disgust towards her... and himself. He hopped out the window, his eyes searching the city for where she would most likely go, then remembered which way she went, then ran into the crowd.

Talia looked up from her despair at the sound of voices. Her cheeks were covered in tears as her eyes looked both ways, there were two men. "W-What do you want?" she managed to stammer, her eyes narrowed as she peered out at them. She wasn't in the mood for company, but as she saw the looks on their faces she bit her lip. They weren't there for just friendly company. Instinctively she dug her hand into her satchel, her hand wrapping around the sharp dagger, hopefully it would do her some good.

"Go away.." she snapped, her voice wavering as she stood rigidly in the center of the alleyway. The Princess was afraid, but she still didn't regret running from that home. She was still glad she left, for anymore of what she'd scene would have surely broken her spirit in half.

She didn't know why it should matter to her. But she felt more hurt then ever before. Sure she had just started to get to know Lucius, but she still hated the idea of him with anyone else but her. Her chest hurt as she looked at the men. "Please...just go away.." she said softly, hoping they'd leave her alone.

The men ignored her, though their eyes noticed the movement made for her satchel. "Get your 'and out of there, sweety, or we'll cut your throat," the man growled, pointing the blade at her neck. "Now, come 'ere and let me see what you 'ave hidden under them clothes..."

The other man smirked, unsheathing a butcher knife, playing with the edge along his finger, obviously in an attempt to scare her into submission.

"Dammit..." Lucius muttered, wading through the crowd at a slow pace. It was taking too long! He then remembered that his body was healed, and glanced at a series of signs and rails. "Perfect."

Running to a few boxes, he hopped upon them and grabbed at a signpost without hesitation, pulling himself up to balance on the rail. However, he didn't stop. Hopping to the next one, he began to run above the crowd at breakneck speed, flashing by as he ventured into the darker corners of the city.

Talia tensed, gritting her teeth as she pulled her hand out of the satchel, the dagger firmly placed in it. "You don't scare me!" she growled, eyes narrowed. She was trying to put on a brave face, but truly she was frightened, unsure what she should do. The blade pointed towards her neck, made her step back, which didn't do her much good considering there was another man behind her. "Is this how you spend your time? You trash! Scaring defenseless women?" she snapped, her knuckles turning white because of her tight grip on the dagger.

"Its the weak that prey on the weaker..." she noted, her lips turning up into a small smirk. "I guess you two just don't have enough courage to fight people of your own level...Weaklings!" she shouted, her eyes wavering once more. She was crazy to think she could get out of this tumble. Talia bit her lip, her heart beating quickly as her nervousness kicked in.

Both of the men were silent after they listened to Talia's "speech". They could detect the subtle tremble in her voice; she was afraid. Very afraid. Suddenly, they began to laugh, their deep voices resounding within the small area. "Scaring? Fight? Who said anything about that..?" one of them said, then swung the blade quickly, knocking the dagger from her hand and leaving her vulnerable once more. "We just want what you 'ave, bitch. Your cunt." he growled, then slashed at her. However, the attack didn't hurt her, and only managed to rip her dress down her chest, exposing her tanned flesh.

Lucius stopped on a rooftop, needing to get his footing and find out where she was. "Come on..." he muttered, and closed his eyes. His ears tuned out most everything else and concentrated on voices that were important; not many, in fact. But, he faintly heard the voice of a woman... "TALIA!" he exclaimed, snapping his eyes open and running in the direction of her voice, unsheathing his dagger as he jumped from the building to land on another before running.

Talia yelped as the dagger was knocked from her hand and as she felt the fear rush through her she bit her lip. "Please...just stop.." she begged. One of the men slashed out at her, ripping her dress down the front. She cried out, her hands flying up to keep her dress from falling open. "Stop it!" she cried out in both anger and fear. She looked over her shoulder at the other man and then at the man in front of her. She was shaking, her terror overcoming her as she looked for any way out. "Lucius..." she whispered, tears falling over and pouring down her cheeks.

Out of impulse and stupidity she suddenly started to try and run past the man behind her, hoping that he'd be stupid enough to let her pass. But she knew it would be no use, she was done for. There was no way Lucius, even if he did find her, would make it there in time. She was in the hands of two strange men.

"Please leave me alone!" she shouted as she continued her attempt to run past the man. How did she get herself into such messes? Was there a black cloud floating above her head at all times? The Princess was much to good at getting herself into nasty situations. Of course Lucius didn't want her, she couldn't take care of herself, where as Seraphine probably could.

"Haha! Where do you think you're goin'?" one of them asked, holding out a large arm to grab, pulling her closer as she struggle. "Oi, this is gonna be fun..." he snarled, sheathing his blade as he reached down to tear her arms away, ready to expose her delicious flesh...

"Bad move." a voice said. Without giving them time to react, a figure jumped and knocked down the one who was holding Talia, releasing her. "Gahk!" the man cried out as a dagger was plunged into his throat, blood spurting out. The figure looked back, and the familiar red gleam of the demi-god's eye was revealed. He spun around, slipping the dagger out of the man's neck and advanced on his friend.

"Wha-What... who are y-you..?" the man stuttered, backing away as he dropped his weapon.

He didn't answer at first, and instead closed the distance and threw his dagger into the man's chest, a sickening crack resulted in his death as he crumpled to the ground. "Lucius..." he said quietly, pulling out his weapon with a tug. He cleaned off the blood before setting his sights on the Princess. "Talia..." Lucius whispered, running close to her and embracing her protectively. "Are you all right? I was so afraid I was late..." he muttered quietly.

Talia cried out, so sure it was the end, but then she heard a voice, and a moment later the man had released her, sending her sprawling across the ground. She watched as the men were taken down my Lucius, her eyes wide, and her cheeks covered in dried tears. "L-Lucius..."she sobbed. His arms wrapped around her in an embrace and she felt her legs give out, dragging Lucius to the ground with her. She buried her face in his chest, her tears wetting the fabric there. She felt her anger at him lessen a bit as he held her. He was obviously concerned, and that made her feel better about her earlier worries.

She was still crying as she spoke again,"What...What happened to..Seraphine..." she mumbled, pulling away from Lucius and holding up the part of her dress that had been cut open. "I..I'm sorry I ran away..." she apologized quietly, her eyes cast down at her lap as she sat on the floor. She reached over with a free hand and pulled her dagger back over, sliding it back into her satchel.

She didn't know what to say so she settled with,"Thank you..." her voice cracked. Her emotions were buzzing throughout her.

Lucius' heart leaped with joy that she uttered his name, and was honestly relieved to know that she still cared for him, as he cared for her. But, in hearing her question about Seraphine, Lucius hesitated. It wasn't the right time to talk about it, especially after what he had done. It almost tore his heart in half when he thought about it. He betrayed her trust. "Let's wait until we get back to the inn, all right? We'll talk about it there. And it's fine; it what I would have done..." he muttered, then released her for a moment to take off his shirt. "Here," he said, putting it into her hands, "Wear it. I don't want you to be indecent."

Then, the Thief, scooped Talia into his arms and began to carry her, taking her away from the bodies and back into the sun, where they were in a more familiar territory, and Lucius was obviously not bothered to be half-naked.. The expression upon Lucius' face was indecipherable, as he needed to work out his emotions and how he was going to explain it to her.

Talia sat quietly, taking the shirt when it was given to her and then she allowed him to scoop her up into his arms. He didn't know. He didn't know that she'd seen them in the house, Talia hadn't let him know she'd come back after the initial time she walked away. The Princess bit her lip, her eyes closed as she rested her head against his shoulder, letting the gentle rocking of his steps calm her down. Had anything happened after she left them? Had that obvious look of desire in Seraphine's eyes caused anything to happen? Or had Lucius stopped her? What was their relationship with each other? She had so many questions, and she was afraid to ask them.

Lucius said they'd talk back at the inn, but she wasn't sure she wanted to. His skin was warm to the touch and as they got nearer to the inn she opened her eyes, her cheeks a little damp still from silent tears. How close had she gotten to losing everything in that alley? What if Lucius hadn't come for her?

She shivered, her body twitching in Lucius' arms as her breath caught in her throat. Talia closed her eyes again, burying her face into Lucius' warm skin as she did so. She wanted everything to be different, she wished she'd not seen what she had. Lucius, pinned to the wall, Seraphine so ready to kiss him. She moved to clench her teeth and managed to nick her tongue, blood filling her mouth. An irritated scowl crossed her face, but she didn't say anything. She hadn't said anything since the alleyway, and she wasn't sure she would anytime soon. So she laid quietly in Lucius' arms, even as they headed back to their room.

The Thief finally managed to arrive in their room, where he was not surprised to feel that Talia was still hanging on and cuddling close to him, where he could feel her nose breathing in his scent.

He laid her upon the bed, brushing her hair away before moving back to grab a chair, positioning it at the end of their bed, where she could clearly see his face. "We need to talk, Talia," he said grimly, folding his hands together and gripping them tightly, still trying to figure out how he was going to tell her.

She laid on the bed, her eyes closed for a moment as she listened to Lucius speak. Talia didn't look at him, but as he pulled a chair up, sitting down and saying they needed to talk she bit her lip. "Lucius..." she whispered. "I saw you with her..." she said very quickly, the moment it was said she turned her face into the pillow, hiding the fact that tears threatened to pour over. She laid there like that, waiting to hear what he'd say. She wanted the truth. She needed to know where she stood in his life. Did she have a chance to be with him? Or was that taken already?

His heart grew heavy in an instant when he heard she saw Seraphine with him. He closed his eyes with a painful sigh, clenching his hands tight enough to draw a bit of blood. Lucius couldn't stand to see her in pain, physical or emotional. But, he couldn't lie to her. That wasn't possible.

"After you left, I tried to talk to her, make her see that I was with you. But she pinned me and . . . kissed me," he paused, controlling the gentle trembling of emotion in his voice. "I tried to leave, but for one second . . . I didn't. I foolishly kissed Seraphine back, but it wasn't the same. I didn't feel the same love and affection that you and I gave each other. I'm sorry, Talia. I understand if you don't want to see me any longer. I don't know how I could have made a mistake like that. I belong with you . . . and no one else."

Talia painfully listened to his explanation, and when he finished there was a long silence, one in which she thought would go on forever. She lifted her head from the pillow, only to see it soaked with tears that had indeed managed to slip from her eyes. She turned to Lucius, her face red and her eyes puffy, and without a words she threw herself at him, her arms wrapped around his neck, her body between his legs and her knees on the floor in front of the chair. She just stayed there, arms tightly around him, unwilling to let go.

She pressed a kiss against his neck, and rested there. He'd told her the truth, despite how painful it was. Yes, she was upset, and she wouldn't forget what had happened. But he'd still come for her, saved her, and explained to her what she wanted to know. For now, that was all she needed. And when she heard that he believed he belonged with her, and nobody else? Well that seemed to help her injured heart.

Lucius turned his head away a little, bracing himself for the loud yelling or painful strikes of her hands. But none came. He looked to her just in time to see Talia flinging herself at him, embracing him affectionately. He was partially speechless out of shock, trying to get around the fact that she was holding him and kissing his neck.

He knew that she hadn't forgiven him just yet, but it was well on the way. He concluded that his words about them belonging together must have helped, and why wouldn't it? Every word, as far as he knew, was true.

The Thief hesitantly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close as he felt her warmth and inhaled her sweet scent. Oh yes, this where he was supposed to be.

She laid there for awhile in his arms, just content with being close to him again. "When your things are ready...You get to wait somewhere else...I'll be picking them up...you can watch me from afar.." she said softly, but her voice was serious, hard edged. She didn't want Lucius to see Seraphine so soon, and besides Talia had a few things to say to the woman.

The Princess pulled herself from Lucius, trying to rid herself of so many images. Not only of Seraphine, but also of the alleyway, with the men. She sighed,"Good thing I've got new clothes..." she noted quietly as she pulled her satchel open. She looked up at Lucius,"Could...you get some food?" she asked quietly, hoping he'd say yes. She was very hungry all of a sudden, and thirsty. She stood up, her legs a little shaky as she sat back on the bed. "Are we going anywhere else today?" she asked curiously, wondering what she should wear.

Lucius looked down in interest as Talia spoke, wondering what she was referring to when he realized it: Seraphine. He knew the reason why she wanted to retrieve their items, and figured it was a better idea than going to get them himself. "Okay." he said, nodding to her request.

He stood up, smiling as she began to undress and turned away, not wanting to see her naked figure until the time came when they gave themselves over to each other. Lucius didn't need to be tortured anymore than he was now. "Of course. I'll be back," he said, leaving her alone as he walked downstairs. He took more time than he would usually, wanting her to have some time alone. Lucius spoke to Daka, getting a large plate of water, bread, and an assortment of fruits and cheeses.

Soon enough he walked back upstairs, knocking on the door lightly. "Room service," he said with a smile, waiting for her to beckon him in or open the door.

She changed into her simple brown dress, leaving the apron off, and while she waited for Lucius she walked towards the window in their room. Her eyes gazed out over the city and she frowned. There were some horrible people out there, and she really had to learn not to be trusting, and most of all she needed to be more careful.

Lucius finally returned and she heard his voice on the other side of the door. She ran a hand through her hair and then moved to the door, opening it slowly and letting him in before closing the door behind him. "Oh yum.." she murmured softly, plucking some bread off the tray he brought in. She sat lazily onto the bed and nibbled on the bread, her stomach growling irritably. "Thanks..." she said warmly, continuing to nibble on the bread.

"Is there anything else we need to do here?" she asked quietly, curious again. "Any other people?" She finished the piece of bread she grabbed and plucked up a few grapes carefully. "Oh! I have to remember to thank Daka by doing those dishes..." she murmured to herself. She thought back to the dishes in the bucket downstairs, if he hadn't already done them she planned to do them for him.

Back
Top Bottom