Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Family? (Skylar)

Zabel helped Dawn to her feet.
"It's 7 o'clock. I can see your still a bit tired, though."
He smirked softly. In all honesty, he was a bit hungry.

When dawn heard the time she knew they needed to eat. "What do you want to eat?" she asked him as she just wasn't that sure what he would want. She herself wasn't to sure either she was just hungry. Her stomach growling at her for not eating in the first place though she had been sleeping.

Zabel shrugged and went over to look put a window, making sure no one was coming or here other than them.
"Anything that'll get rid of my hunger. Despite what people think, demons will eat anything. Except composite materials. Damn indigestion..."
He chuckled softly to himself.
"Need any help?"

Hearing what he said she wondered if just human food would do. "So the food we eat can sub stain you?" she asked him as she started towards the kitchen. The only thing she could really cook was breakfast and oodles and noodles. She figured she would just make a good breakfast for dinner meal and be done with it seeing as it would be his first for being in the human world in so long.

Zabel nodded.
"Quite well, too. As long as I am bound to the mortal world, I can survive on human substinence."
He followed Dawn into the kitchen, smirking softly. He leaned against the counter and watched, his dragon tail carefully waving on the ground, making sure not to hit anything. He had his wings tucked against his back, and his black halo seemed to glow a little fainter as he grew hungry.

Dawn pulled everything out as she knew just what she would need. She would make pancakes omelets and grits to give him a big meal seeing as both of them had gone the day without food she was sure that they both would eat it all. She started on the pancake batter first mixing it all together while her mind kept going to what he was doing just around the counter from her. She kept blushing each time she looked up from her work. As she got to actually cooking the pancakes she started on the omelets. "What do you want in your omelets anything you want I'll put in there" she said to him as she was putting in lots of cheese ham and peppers to spice it up a little. She was actually doing an amazing job she tended to out do herself with breakfast yet when it came to dinner she seemed to always mess something up. She couldn't understand how or why. Only as he told her what he wanted she started to mix his as hers was cooking. the grits were the last thing she started on and as always she finished everything at the same time. "If you want toast you can make you some over there" she said to him as she felt like an idiot for forgetting about some type of bread.

Zabel chuckled.
"anything that's spicy or contains meat would he great in my omelett."
He watched as Dawn cooked everything to perfection. He smirked. She seemed quite capable.
"Thank you," he said as she finished. "And ill do fine without toast. All this food looks great."
He hugged her and went to go sit at the table, giving himself some food. He dug in, wolfing down his own food, but left plenty for Dawn.

Dawn was thankful she was hoping she had been right on what to make as she finished the meal up and they ate she was still rather slow with her movements she knew that soon they would have to go back to the city so that meant she would have to do another spell on his tail and wings so that they didn't just knock things over while they couldn't be seen didn't mean that they couldn't touch things. Of course she would have to make it were he had control over when it was like that so it would be more advance than she liked.

Zabel sat back and smiled, satisfied. He looked over at Dawn, who was still moving slowly.
"Dawn, you sure your okay? Do you want to go get some more sleep?"

Dawn looked to him with a soft smile. "Yeah I'll be fine" she said to him. While she saw that she hadn't realized just how much magic she had used up in getting him and the spells she had done. The truth was any energy she was getting back was being drained by her powers. As she finished eating she felt her head spin. "Maybe . . . not" she said as she suddenly collapsed on the floor her eyes closed as she struggled to get control of her body. Like demons Magic users when their power is too low they take themselves into a state of non use until its back at functioning level.

Zabel sighed softly and scooped her up in his arms, putting her into her bed. Zabel laid beside her and snuggled up with his little tired out pet. He smiled softly, unconsciously siphoning energy into her.
--<10:30 Am, next day>
Zabel smirked as Dawn slowly awoke. He broke the energy siphon.
"Dawn? Feeling better, dear?"

Dawn woke up feel much better in fact she hadn't felt so great in years as she looked up to him with a smile. "Yes thank you that meal must have done it" she said not knowing he had been the one to change things for her. She was really happy she could get things started as she sat up. "You hungry again?" she asked him as she wondered if she should order something that would most likely be delivered within the hour. She herself was wanting some chinese.

Zabel chuckled.
"The meal, and the boost I gave you. And," he paused to groan.
"Yeah.... I'm... pretty hungry. Siphon I gave you is killin' me."

Looking to him hearing his words she was actually shocked. "You siphoned?" she asked truly shocked he had done that only as she heard he was hungry she decided it was time to just go out to eat. "Here I'll do a quick small change in your spell to make it that your tail and wings can't hurt others and then make it more advance later" she said to him as she came to put her hands on his chest. She closed her eyes and chanted she actually knew this one by heart because she had been ready for that. Only as she finished and backed away she knew she would need a big meal too. "We're going out to eat" she said to him with a soft smile as she started to change clothes so that they could get going.

Zabel nodded. He went through a mental wardrobe and picked a simple black outfit, snapping his fingers and changing. He felt a dizziness in his head for a moment, but leveled himself out. He awaited Dawn, leaning against the front door. He already had a fake driver's license in his hand, just in case he'd need it.

(please more than that to post I was hoping you would start if I did)

Dawn looked to him as she saw the License. "Already have mine but I'll let you drive next time" she said to him as she walked out to the Deep Purple Ford Fiesta. She opened it up and got in the drivers side and started the car up. In truth she just hoped he would be okay out with the public before it had been in front of just family so she knew if he messed up they wouldn't hold it against him saying that he had just been nervous about getting a child. Only as she got to the nice chinese restaurant she gave a soft grin. "Hope you don't mind I'm kinda craving it" she said to him as she shut off the car and started to get out.

(yeah, sorry. Jet lag.)
He got into the passenger seat, fastening his seatbelt. It was a tad uncomfortable. He mentally cursed human laws and their pointlessness, but then reconsidered when he thought of how fragile mortals were. He chuckled softly aloud.
He watched out the window as she drove, not staring at anything in particular. Although he had kept an eye on the mortal world, it had indeed been at least seventy five years since his last binding. At least this one was on much better conditions than his last. The last had been way too precise for his liking.
He looked at the restraunt they were stopped at, licking his lips subconsciously.
"I'm fine with chinese," he said, smiling. He unfastened his seatbelt and opened the door, getting out of the car, waiting for her.

(I'm sorry just makes it hard to work with)

Dawn noticed how he seemed to have this far away look as they drove she started to wonder a little more about him. Had she really ruined his life by wanting to keep hers the way it had been. Though it was foolhearty now seeing as she was sure that fucking wasn't going to be just one time. No she was sure it would come again and this time she actually felt her body getting hot at the thought of him taking her again. She had to shake that thought from her mind. "Alright good" she said as she started in getting them a booth in the back as she just didn't like sitting by the front. She ordered herself something to drink and then started to look over the menu. "Oh by the way. We're major rich so don't worry about money." she said to him as in truth she had a few billion dollars in the bank from her parents and thats not including what she has in business's and homes, along with different cars.

Zabel chuckled, picking up a menu.
"Great. Tons of money. I think I might just stick around for awhile," he said with a soft chuckle. Zabel scanned the menu for anything that caught his eye, salivating slightly. He twirled a fork between his fingers as he thought.
He finally put down the fork, closing the menu.
"I know what he want," he said. Zabel pointed out a platter for two on the menu. He was quite hungry.
"Damn, I haven't tried a siphon before... guess I left it unchecked too long," he groaned, Burton his face in his hand. He rubbed his temple and looked back up at Dawn, putting on a half hearted smile. He had plans for when they got home.

Giving a soft smile she gave her order for everything as well seeing how weak he was she felt bad. "I'm really sorry I'll try not to drain myself again" she said to him as she hadn't realized just how much he had given while it did explain why she felt so strong. She was a little scared though to give it back she was still just sixteen so things like that were a little too advance for her. As she looked to him she wondered more. "Whats the other realm like?" she asked as she didn't want it to be about her all the time. She wasn't sure why but she felt a connection building inside her connecting her to him.

Zabel looked up at her.
"Hmm?"
He stirred his glass of water with the plastic straw provided to him slowly, pondering hoe to explain this.
"It's.. odd. Always shifting. Chaotic. But my realm, you can modify the space around you in any way you want. Do whatever you'd like."
Zabel stopped stirring for a moment, before picking up the glass and took a drink from it. He set the water back down.
"How long... have your parents been gone?" he asked carefully. He did not wish to hurt her emotionally or anger her at the moment.

As he spoke of the other realm she nodded her head. She had heard stories but she was never quiet sure what to think. One day she wanted to see it and not through some spell that let her look in. Though as the subject turned to her parents death she gave a sigh. "At first we just thought they were missing but we found their car and their bodies" she said as she looked away. "they had been killed over three weeks ago and just a few days ago did we find them" she said to him. "Somewhere somewhere out there are the people that killed my parents" she said to him only she didn't know the reason they were killed was because they had refused the mage's organization to take her away from them. She was powerful and they wanted her for themselves only she had been smart and followed her parents orders when they had gone missing and kept a protection spell up around her at all times. She had been thinking about what to do if they were dead those two weeks and that was how the plan was thought of.

Zabel nodded slowly, staring down at his water again.
"I am... sorry if it is an awkward topic for you. Just worrying for my daughter's sake is all," he said. He moved his glance to a tray of food coming towards them, and as soon as it was set down, dug into his large platter of food. He couldn't help himself; he needed the energy, alot. He stopped once to look up at Dawn, who seemed to he eating slowly and a bit depressed now.
"What's wrong, Dawn?" he asked, switching seats to sit in the chair next to her instead of across. He caressed her cheek softly.

Dawn looked to the food as it came. She was glad he was eating he needed it and after what he had done for her it was the least she could do only as he moved to her side of the booth she blushed a little. "Its just I want to find who killed them but . . I'm scared" she said as she felt shame for being fearful. While in truth she had all right to be she was still just a young girl no expected anything from her and yet she had the courage to get him from the other realm and make sure that she wouldn't be taken anywhere that was strength enough more than some would even know.

Zabel put down his fork.
"Hey... come here."
He put an arm around her and kissed Dawn softly, before breaking the kiss and taking a sip of water.
"You have an all powerful demon on your side. You have nothing to worry about, Dawn. If it all comes down to it, I'm
bound to protect you."
He finished eating, but stayed beside her. Zabel was starting to feel.... something else for what he had considered his pet not even twenty-four hours ago. It bugged him, a lot. Was he really falling in love with a mortal? Maybe the whole being a mortal thing could be fixed, but still.
A mortal?

Back
Top Bottom