Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TV Tropes website

PatricioINTP

Supporter
Supporter
How many are familiar or use this website? I discovered it just before I lost access to my internet (@#$%^&*!!!) and is so full and interconnected, it can be of some use to us RP writers. And I will be updating my request thread with it once I have more time. I found a few posts here that mention it in passing... how does one find Blue Moon on TV Tropes?... but nothing about the site itself. I found this site after started a new RP involving an anti-villain, but not sure how to work that in without him turning into an anti-hero instead. This helped in that problem.

For example, take this long list of character archetypes and ideas: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharactersAsDevice. Some seem very appropriate for Blue Moon, including this one. Specific examples and variations are included, along with those that are similar but different. If you have a favorite tv show, movie, book, or game, you can look it up and see what they did and perhaps find others that use the same thing. Even music is included, like my favorite E Nomine. I am a fan of the Temeraire series, and if I find a trope I liked being associated with an aspect of the story or characters (say Stalker with a Crush or Stalker with a Test Tube, which involved a female dragon with Temeraire), I can find other shows, books, or games that do the same thing. Just browsing it when bored may result in new and fresh ideas.

...you linked to TVtropes. You are a horrible, horrible person. I'll allow xkcd to speak for me:

tab_explosion.png

I can't get away now. I hope you're happy. This is what I'll be doing for the next several hours at least. >>

But yeah, I use TVtropes frequently. And I get trapped there even more frequently. It's like a black hole of interesting from which I can't escape.

FORGIVE ME!!! I did not knew the entire website is a contagious time destroyer! I guess that means no RP with you set in Tamriel with you, right?

PatricioINTP said:
FORGIVE ME!!! I did not knew the entire website is a contagious time destroyer! I guess that means no RP with you set in Tamriel with you, right?

That and Tetris are the two things guaranteed to drag me away from TVtropes.

Back
Top Bottom