Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for ideas for a plot from pic.

Evo Var

Supernova
This is the picture that I found and now I am wanting to make a plot out of. Any ideas/ thoughts are welcome.
r169_457x257_293_Hope_and_Change_2d_sci_fi_soldiers_ruins_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

I was thinking of a squad based rp. either the characters are feral (people who have grown up in isolation) who have been in the area for most of their lifes so they have seen the horrors of wars first hand.

Thank for taking a look.

It could be those two are what the guards look like and the people inside are kept from the real world and told their village is all their is to leave would mean death . They do not want them to get out cause all the people inside have unique talents.

Prepare yourself, some historical fiction is about to go down.

The year is 1978, the place is the city of Naperville, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. The world has completely gone to hell. In this world, the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis continued escalating, until the tension between the U.S. and the Soviet Union finally snapped. No one knows which country launched the missiles first, and frankly no one really cares anymore. In a few short minutes, no fewer than 46 nuclear warheads were launched. What the world had been dreading ever since the end of World War II had happened, America and the Soviets had mobilized their nuclear arsenals. Within the few short hours it took for the missiles to reach their targets, cities were wiped off the map, people were incinerated to atoms, and the whole world seemed to shudder in agony.

Its been 16 years since that happened, and things have gotten even worse. Following the massive destruction and release of nuclear fallout, both countries hesitated, unsure how the other responded. The surviving members of the Kremlin chose to take the initiative, and initiated an initial air invasion of the U.S. Soviet soldiers were dropped into various U.S. cities and prepare the way for the true invasion that was being prepared. Sending them into the heart of the blast zones, where they could land unopposed, the Russian troops quickly began advancing into the surviving areas around the epicenters, gunning down civilians mercilessly, marching over shell-shocked survivors as they sought to cause as much devastation and discord as possible. It is in the city of Naperville that one of these battalions has settled.

The fighting has continued for more than ten years, and the Soviets' plan had a drastic change. The fractured Soviet leadership began to bicker amongst themselves, seeking to take the top position. As a result, the invaders only received half the back-up they had expected. While they have remained in control of the now aptly named Red Chicago, they now deal with armed resistance based in Naperville. Seen as a rallying point for resistance fighters, people make every effort to make it to the quasi-fortified city. However, Soviet shock troopers are constantly on patrol to prevent any new members from making it to the city of Naperville. These troops are known as the Zhivyh Mertvetsov, the Living Dead by their comrades. They were all part of the first strike force to hit the ground, and thanks to radiation exposure, there is no telling when they will simply fall over and die. While the gas masks they wear do little to protect them from remaining radiation, they serve to hide the now disfigured faces of these men who now have nothing to live for but the former glory of their once mighty motherland.

On the other side of things, men, women, and children from across the north-central U.S. have gathered in Naperville, which barely survived the nuclear attack that turned Chicago into a parking lot. People go about their daily lives as usual, but everyone has a gun at their side, and is ready to defend the city to the death before giving it up to the Reds. After waiting years for help that never came, they can only rely on each other to survive, Tears, laughter, sorrow and love all bloom in this ramshackle excuse for a fortress, and it will stay like that until one side wins, and the other rolls over and dies.

Hmmm...

Well adding on to the arching plot line our beloved friend, Nothing, has contributed, let's storm how the roleplay should be actually carried out. I believe as the GM, you probably have the knowledge of controlling NPCs. In this case zombies. Well perhaps we could hop from a day to day basis with the small so call 'fortress' being constantly maintained and habits established so routines seem to come naturally. Then of course just jumping from day to day without much action and plot change would be...dull? That's when you the GM exercise your divine power and kick that rapier into your brain to explode all the deadly ideas that have been locked away. Perhaps forcing the group to move after some sort of event causing the fragile fortress to tip over and break. *shrugs*

I personally don't believe in too much meta-gaming and it leads things to be rather un exciting and enjoyable. A little won't hurt of course!

Thanks for the time you brave men and women have devoted to my lacking ideas!

If this game starts Nothing would have to be GM cause I can't GM. Its just not my thing.

Back
Top Bottom