Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amoz heard him crying, but let it be for now.

"Eh. I took my last assignment and finished. I usually don't take any during winter for, obvious reasons. Cold blooded. Can't focus too well."

"And family?" He shrugged.
"Mother is dead. Father is too busy to care about me with his 'merchanting'. I was an only child. Exact reason why I trained as an Assasin. To give my life purpose."

((It's a conspiracy I say, you all seem to post while I'm at work.))

"You'd be surprised how corruptible to mortal influence the Sidhe can be."

Whether or not the man had actually bribed the Queen's soldiers to tell her lies and spread rumours of his death he did not state; but the implication was there. Implications and half truths were his trade and he dealt them with a deft and glib tongue. Leaning forward somewhat the Marquis scratched the side of his face where some hair was growing in patches, it had been a while since he had the chance to clean up.

"Now pray tell, what brings you a calling at my door?"

Looking up from her piece of chicken, she turned to Amoz." Everyone has a purpose...even if we don't know what it is. The God's tell us this." She bowed her head and made a wing over her chest with one of her hands. After imparting her piece of wisdom, she continued to eat and pulled out a wine-skin, sipping from it. The signet ring on her finger glowed a burnished gold in the firelight when held up.

Ianic stole Clark's alcohol and threw it into the bushes. "Don't drink that here." He gestured towards the wood. "It's too dangerous to be even a little tipsy." He glared pointedly for a minute. His face relaxed as he asked, "Why are you sad anyway?"

Clark told Ianic this was the day he broke up with his childhood friend and Ex-Girlfriend
for Clark's best friend..

Ianic stared at Clark. "And you're still not over her?" He squatted close to Clark. "If you loved her, why did you let her go." He stood up and walked back inside the cave. He sat back on the bedroll and fell back asleep.

Rayam gave one of his little sarcastic smiles. " yes i've had a few dealings with the soldiers myself. If the queen only knew what the people she trusts to guard over her do behind her back" He laughed a little bit about this.

" ahh well, yes I wouldn't be out in this god forsaken place had I not been hired to track a rouge .. seems she has something that some men would pay dearly for. But she's met up with some other travelers so now I'm just sitting back and watching and waiting. I heard there heading towards the old ruins of Lazar."

.........................................................................................................

"I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I'm sure she would have been very proud of how strong and independent her son as become." The she went on, " I miss my family, they prbably all think I'm dead. Which is probably a good thing for them. It's better that there left with the memories of how I once was then what I have become." she said.

"Well I think you will like it up where we are going, the ruins of Lazar," She told Amoz. "I hear there heated by natural hot springs that run underneath the old city that cause the rocks to throw off heat and warm the air."

Amoz let out a content sigh, smiling softly.
"Not everything is pretty, but maybe you should go back and see them one day. Maybe after the bounty is off your head."
"And that's great. Hate the damn cold, makes me so damned cross. And tired. And sore. And.. eh. You get the point."
He stretched a little.
"I would give anything to be warm blooded."

She looked around quickly to make sure nobody had heard Amoz, " Ah very perceptive of you to have figured out I had a bounty on my head. But perhaps you already knew that." she asked suspiciously. Knowing Amoz was a hired assassin she was sure he probably had traveled in circles where her name would have came up. "So how come your not trying to collect the bounty for yourself. Surely that would be able to set you up for the winter."

Then she looked at him changing the subject, " And maybe you need to find yourself a warm blooded companion to keep you warm during the cold months," she chuckled a little.

De'Mona took some of meat over to Clark and squatted down next to him. " hows your head doing? you where getting pretty tipsy back there."

Amoz smirked.
In a whisper;
"Now why would I harm a friend for my own gain?"

He smiled softly as De'Mona made her next comment.
"Maybe I should," he said, winking, and going to sit beside the fire.

It was probably a good think De'Mona was a Drow because with her dark skin it was hard to tell she was blushing when Amoz said that, she quickly looked down towards the fire.

Then De'Mona looked over at Felixia, "Interesting ring, It looks very familiar, where did you get it." but De'Mona had recognized the ring and wondered how someone like Felixia would have gotten her hands on one.

Clark said "My head still hurts,Thanks for caring.
Clark bit the meat and smiled as he saw De'Mona blush and gave Amoz a thumb up as he turned away.

Amoz arched an eyebrow towards Clark. He knew what he meant, but really... did he have to do that?
He shrugged and laid back beside the fire, waiting for everyone to sleep to go on watch.

As Clark went back he thought about going to his old life..
On second he would stay with his new so called "Friends"..

"And you would like me to help you exchange for your silence in my regards."

There was no question about it, the man was trying to black mail him; but the Marquis was a man above such petty things. He hadn't escaped death for nothing.

"Tell me more of this rogue and possibly, I could lend a hand."

Rayam eyed Marquis thinking just how much he wanted this man to know. After all Marquis wasn't known for his trustworthiness.

"well seems there is a young thief that has stolen something of great value to one of my clients and he would pay handsomely to get it back, and not only that but now the thief has met up with others .."
Rayam decided not to tell him about the others. At least not for now, not until he found out just how much he could trust the man. which right now wasn't to far.

"You still haven't told me what role I'm to play in this scheme."

The Hunter was a man of patience; but even his appetite needed to be whetted if he were to stay on the trail, Rayam wasn't providing him with any new information; but what he wasn't saying spoke volumes. It was those little bits of knowledge which people held back which most interested the Marquis, and it was those same bits which he used to manipulate others.

So with a smile on his face he went on the offensive.

"You're afraid."

"pfff, please." Rayam said. "I think you know me better then that, not much scares me."

Rayan studied the mans face. He didn't need Marquis to get his little prize .. actually there were a few prizes to be had within that tiny group of travelers. But then Rayam always enjoyed a bit of chaos and terror when stalking his victims and knew with the two of them working together then could rain down quite a bit of mayhem.

"Well as you know they are heading up to Lazar the old ruins. The ruins have been deserted since it was abandoned over 60 yrs ago. I hear there is still a lot of treasures to be found up there, as well as a lot of curses. As you already know the reason nobody has gone up there to claim the treasures is it's said to be overflowing with monsters. Which is a fact I believe is lost on these travelers. I thought it would be fun if you and me scare up some trouble for them as well.. just like old times." he said with a grin.

Holding up her ring in her fingers, Felixia smiled. "It's an heirloom I acquired in the city from....relatives." She said, her voice hardening over the last word barely. The ring was a gold band with a silver crescent moon on it. "She yawned and leans back against the wall, looking into the fire as the wine in her belly warmed her. "I will take the watch if nobody minds." She stood up and walked over to the entrance of the cave, only slightly shaky. She wrapped her cloak around her and climbed into a tree overlooking the entrance and the surrounding area.

Clark woke up to see Felixia still awake,He sat down beside her trying to found out more about her.
Clark brang his bottle of water and alcohol and gave Felixia a shot asking her "Well will you drink it?"
as he took his book and snuggled up.

She drank the offered alcohol and made a slight disgusted face, though she was quick to hide it. "Thanks...." She scooted away from him slightly and continued her watch, her head buzzing in irritation. She sang softly to herself as the moon continued its journey through the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom