Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once everybody had settled by the fire and started to relax De'Mona walked out to where Amoz was standing watch, " see anything?" she asked.

Then reaching in her pocket she pulled out 3 tiny round orbs they seemed to pulsate throwing off a greenish glow about them. " I found these rolled up in one of the sleeping bags back there. What do you make of them." she said holding them out in her hand.

Ianic looked at the others. "I don't know if the person owning this stuff will ever come back so I'm gonna use one of these bedrolls." He dropped his bags down before collapsing on one. He sighed and closed his eyes, listening.

He shook his head.
"Nothing and no one."
Amoz took one and rolled it in his palm.
"It's not a jewel I know of. Too dense for glass. Unnatural glow, absolutely no scent to trace it with. I wouldn't be able to guess in a million years."
He handed it back to De'Mona.

De'Mona took the stone back and stuck the three back in her leather pouch. " You really should come in by the fire. It's to cold out here for you. I think it will be safe while everybody is still awake" she told Amoz as she headed back into the cave where Ianic and the others where resting.

Amoz shook his head softly, tucking his knees at his chest.
He finally gave in, coming inside and huddling beside the fire for warmth that he lacked.

De'Mona walked over to where Amoz was sitting by the fire and sat down beside him. She noticed Amoz shivering.. she got up and walked over to where they had found the discarded supplies and picked up one of the firs that had been left behind.. walking back over to Amoz she wrapped the fir around him. " You really need to stay warm this far up North." she said, "If the people don't come back for this stuff before we leave you should take this fir with you to keep you warm."

Amoz looked over at De'Mona, nodding subtly.
"Thank you, De'Mona. It is appreciated."
He stared into the fire a little while longer before the Assasin spoke again.
"Tell me, how did you end up here with us?"

She looked away quickly and noticed that the others all seemed to have fallen asleep. They hadn't had much sleep since they had woken up earlier that morning and had left the old camp, and now it seemed exhaustion had taken it's toll on the rest of them as they slept soundly.

When she turned back she didn't look at Amoz but instead starred into the fire. " I .. I had to leave where I was staying," then lowering her voice, " I killed someone." when she said that she looked up at Amoz to see what his reaction would be to her telling him she had killed someone.

Amoz shrugged.
"I've killed a lot of people for a lot of reasons. As an Assasin, I can understand your situation."
"Feeling like there's no one left to trust. Like if you even looked over your shoulder for a split second, something would be there to get you."
He nodded slowly, shifting his gaze over to De'Mona.
"I know the feeling."

She looked over and smiled at him, purposely leaving most of the details out about her escape and how she had a huge price over her head. The less people knew about it the safer for her. Cause even the best of people can turn for the right price.

"So, have you ever had to kill somebody you didn't want to?" she asked him.

(In another part of the forest)

Rayam stepped into the clearing with his hands on his hips throwing back his head in laughter, " Well, well, look who it is. Why if it isn't my old friend Marquis," Rayam said as he stepped over fallen pieces of armor, " still playing with your toys I see. I heard you got killed a few years back." He said as he looked over his old acquaintance. "So what brings you way out here in this god forsaken place?"

Amoz nodded.
"I had to kill the elf who taught me the art of assassination in the first place. He... he was a scam. A liar. Used me to gain things he wanted. I didn't want to believe it, the man was the closest thing I've ever had to a father... but I had to do it."
He poked a stick into the fire.

With slow deliberate moves that man came to his feet and leaned upon his weapon. He gave off an air of apathy as he regarded his unpleasant intruder, a voice from his past, though not one he had ever valued highly. Rayam and him had never wandered the same circle, only being on the periphery of one another.

"I don't die easily, though the Sidhe have never stopped trying."

Long ago in an act of revenge the Marquis and gone and destroyed a complete house of the Seelie Court and had gone on to use it as leverage to become close to the Unseelie Court, even going to so far as to gain the rank of Exarch. A very difficult obstacle to over come for a simple human; but the Hunter had never been very simple.

Power was too enchanting though and he had tried to bend the will of the Unseelie Queen to his, and so he had gone too far for his species and been driven out by the xenophobic Sidhe.

Ianic sat up. "What was his name? The elf you killed." He asked Amoz. The story he told sounded familar, but changed a little.

De'Mona listened as Amoz told his story to Ianic, " So you never knew your real father?" she asked looking at Amoz.

Hearing Amoz talk about his father made De'Mona think about her own family. She wondered what had ever happened to them. She hadn't seen or heard from them since the day she had been taken, so many years ago, when she was just a young girl of 14. She had a younger sister, her sister must be a young woman by now with a family of her own.

................................................................................

Rayam sat down on one of the pieces of fallen armor as if it where no more then an old fallen down tree.
"Yes I believe it was one of the queens solders that had said you had been killed. Or perhaps that's just what they had been telling the queen."

De'Mona lowered her eyes sadly as she head Amoz speak, then she turned her gaze towards Clark and smiled. " Hmmm smells good what is it?" she asked looking at the food cooking.

Felixa woke up with her nose twitching at the pleasant smells and yawned. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes she looked at the food and smiled. "That looks good." She sat up on her knees and dug into her pack, pulling out a couple extra spices that she threw into the food.

"Ne'Far." Ianic repeated it. He shuddered. He knew now why the story was so familar. His cousin was Ne'Far's lover. Not that they would ever admit to being connected with him. His nose twitched at the smell of food roasting. He got up and sat outside the cave, letting the smoke venilate out.

Amoz stood and went over to De'Mona, breaking his own silence.
"Well then," he said. "That was... fun."

She startled a little bit when Amoz walked over to her starteling her out of her thoughts. Looking up at him " sorry I was thinking how lonely you must be with out your family close by" .. " So do you have a new assignment? Anybody here?" she laughed but was only half joking. ..

She walked over and squatted next to the fire. " well at least it looks like we wont go hungry for awhile"

Clark took a bite of the Chicken as he took some alcoholic drinks from his bag and went to sit out side of the cave to drink.
As he cried and moaned he hoped his "friends" would not hear him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom