Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ianic glanced over at the two women whispering. This felt odd. It was as if they shouldn't be here. He knew he would feel alot better once Amoz got back so they could keep moving.

De'Mona looked over at Ianic sensing the worried look on his face. " Don't worry, I'm sure Amoz and his friend Xhos wont have a hard time catching up to us. That's if they even want to."

Just then there was another earth tremor as the ground shook.

(sorry. back now!)
Amoz smirked to Xhos.
"Well, the rest of the group you saw earlier are traveling to find better shelter for some rather cold weather coming in. I was wondering if you would like to come with? Of course, the two of us don't necessarily have to go where they are, but I am cold blooded, and assuming you are too since you are half reptilian. Cold weather and cold blood don't mix nicely."

Felixia stoop up and wrapped her cloak around herself. "Common sense tells us it's time to depart. Let's get walking." She loosened her weapons in their sheaths and started walking, taking the lead.

((Do apologise for taking so long to join in, work kept me away.))

Some distance, roughly half a days travel, from where the others congregated was a lone individual, he stood in the middle of a most unusual arrangement. Set up about him were suits of armour, dented, battered, covered with dirt and blood they were all relics of battle. He spoke some words and heaved to at them as they animated and defended themselves. Attack and counter attack exchanged with thrust and parry, dodge and side stepped. It was a dance and regular practice of a man filled with fear of loss.

[ No problem, glad you finally made it :) ]

De'Mona fell behind taking up the rear.. letting Felixia lead the way for now. She wanted to keep a watchful eye behind them. Making sure nothing would be sneaking behind.

Ianic gathered up the leftovers and stuffed them back into his bag before getting up. "I don't know about you, but my common sense usually doesn't cause mini quakes." He commented towards Felixia. He stood and joined the line of travelers with De'Mona taking the caboose.

De'Mona walked behind the group as she watched Ianic and Felixia in the front whispering back and forth, in the center between her and Ianic and Felixia, was Clark as he struggled with the heavy bag. She could tell the others weren't happy about being rushed along. But personally De'Mona was only concerned about her survival and everything within her was screaming to get the hell out of there. After all if they wanted to go with her then she had to not only watch out for her own safety now she had the others to watch out for as well. Nor did she like the idea of leaving Amoz and his friend behind, but she knew they could move through the forest much faster then the rest of them and there for would have no problem catching up with them if they so wished.

................................................................................................................

Rayam stood on the other side of the small pond watching Amoz and Xhos. His presents hidden by the trees .. his aura mirrored his surroundings so that his scent would be undetectable.
hmm "so the others are going to find shelter" he said to himself a slight smile coming over his face as he heard the two talking.

His breath came ragged, his muscles were sore, his body ached, he felt his years and cringed. With a sigh and a laugh he fell to the ground, his littler marionettes broken and scattered to the wind from his exertion. Too old, far too old to still be in the game; but he was an addict and couldn't leave. Numerous times he had gambled his life and won, numerous times he'd gambled and lost and had neglected to pay his debt; but he was far too attached to his mortal coil.

The elements pressed in upon him and he became aware of his need of shelter and sustenance.

As Clark slowed down he started talking to De'Mona as he heard someone or something sneaking in the bushes.

Pulling out the map and trying to read it right, Felixia looked up and gauged the time by the sun. "If we keep up this pace, we will reach the cave in a hour or so." She called back to the rest of the group, stowing her map in her belt.

Clark ran ahead of Felixia clueless as where to he was to go,but he ran anyways as he vanished from the earshot of the group.

"good" De'Mona said ... she could see the cliffs on the side of the mountain getting closer .. it wouldn't be long before they had reached the cave. ..

As Clark moved cautiously watching his every move he ran back as fast as he can to the group asking if they have seen the camp site as he turned around,
And immediately shut his mouth.

De'Mona made her way up to the front of the group, " It's up there, I can see it." she pointed up towards the rocky cliffs. "I think we should be careful, We don't know if something is hiding in there."

Amoz nodded towards Xhos' reply.
"I will see you soon then, brother."
He turned and disapeared into the woods.
--
"Well, seems like I'm following you now," he told De'Mona as he came to her side from behind. Damn, that was fast.

"There you are, I was worried about you." she said to Amoz as she looked up at the cave that was situated in the side of the cliff. "well there it is.. should we go check it out?"

Amoz nodded.
"Yes. If there's anything inside, I think all of us can handle it."
(woohoo, wifi in my hotel~ will reply 2-3 times a day.)

Moving up into the cave.. it was dark but they could still see a fair ways in side from the light at the mouth of the cave... " It looks like somebody else was here recently " she said as she crouched down by some burnt sticks and ash that looked like where somebody had once had a fire going in this spot. .. "maybe we should look around and see if there is anything else in here that might help us"

"Let me go first." Felixia crouched down and shrugged her cloak off, heading into the darkness of the cave without making a sound. After several minutes, she returned and slid her cloak back on. "There was some bedrolls back in there, plus acouple packs of gear....I didn't see anyone else though."

"well they appear to be gone now, but we better be careful they could be coming back for them" De'Mona said as she lit a torch she had found near the old burnt out fire pit.

Amoz nodded.
"There's no one else here now. The scent has gone cold. No thermal signatures, either."
He took a glance around anyways.
"Seem safe enough. And WARM," he said, smiling softly.

Making her way deeper into the cave to where Felixia had found the other bed rolls, she crouched down examining them, " Hmmm yes but they might come back for this stuff. I think we should take turns standing watch, what do you think?" she said looking at the group.

But something else was bothering De'Mona, what would have made whoever this stuff belonged to just take off and leave all this stuff behind, surely they would need this stuff. It didn't make sense that someone would just go off and leave it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom