Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark missed his home as he told his story "I was a heir to the throne but at the time we were being invaded I survived,You know and they didn't which brings me here".As he scoots more away from her and hears her humming,He tells her "Let it out let me hear you, Come on don't be scared" as he bobbed his head back and forth.

Amoz literally stuck his hands into the fire, his scales immune to burns. It felt quite nice really, toasty. He kept them there for quite some time to try and lull himself to sleep before his watch came.

De'Mona narrowed her eyes as she watched Felixia and Clark out in front of the cave. She had remembered where she had seen that ring before. Her Master had owned one as well, how could she forget it when she had worn the bruises from it so many times. She also knew those rings where given to very select few.. all of them "men" from a special society. She knew Felixia being a woman couldn't have possibly come by that ring the way Felixia had claimed she did. ..

She was startled from her thoughts when she saw Amoz put his hand in the fire. "Oh My goddess what are you dooooinggg?" she said as she reached out and pulled his hand out of the fire, "are you crazy your going to burn yourself!"

Clark chuckled and told De'Mona "Don't worry Amoz's scales wont be burnt so It's ok."As he went back to reading.

She examined her ring absentmindedly, nothing stirring outside of the cave aside from a few breezes. She stood up and moved back over to the fire and looked over at Amoz. "Your watch now, lizard." She said, settling back against the wall and wrapping one of the furs over her body to keep warm.

Amoz looked up at De'Mona.
"I have scales, not skin. Can't be burned."
he nodded and went to the front of the cave for his watch.

Ianic woke. "When are we going to leave again?" He asked sleepily. He ran his fingers through his hair lazily. He glanced at Felixia's ring. "What's that?"

Inwardly the Marquis reflected on what a coward the man who sat before him was. The plan presented was simple and straight forward; but there were unspoken items that gave the Hunter pause for consideration. Treasure was too simple a reason, a thief was too simple, more was at hand here and he didn't know if he wanted to be involved in it.

Solitude suited his temperament so poorly.

"There were no old times; but I will help you. Young blood often needs to be taught a lesson."

Clark told Ianic "I don't know if we even are going to move again.." as he walked away from him he told Amoz to use his super-hearing are Clark thought he heard somebody or something out there.

Rayam stood up and shook the dust off his leather pants. "hahaha good old man, perhaps you can teach me so old tricks that I don't know about." Rayam said sarcastically.
"right now there held up in some cave about a half days ride from here. I was thinking perhaps heading up to the ruins and getting there before they do."

[Sorry for the late post.. writers block :p ]

.........................................................................................

De'Mona looked at Clark and Ianic, " You boys seem in a hurry, I had a hard enough time getting you guys moving just to get you up here, now your both in such a rush to get out of here" she said. "I don't know. I was thinking perhaps resting here a day .. I think we are all tired and a rest may do us all some good. What does the rest of you think?"

Clark throws her a piece of chicken and walks out of the cave saying "I gotta take the washroom" as he was walking he heard moving things in the bushes.
He immediately ran back to the cave with his wand out looking real hard if there were anybody there.

Stretching languidly across the fur under her, she yawned and looked at De'Mona. "Your the leader of the group I think...it's up to you, leader." She giggled and laid back down on her back, intertwining her fingers behind her head.

"Why don't you go do that, stir up the hornets nest and all."

A grin dominated his face as he spoke and looked to the sky. It had been a while since he'd been part of the game and a fresh jolt of adrenaline coursed through his blood. Eying Rayam he wondered just how much the man could take, let him dash himself upon the blades of others.

"I'll make sure they follow the proper path."

And with that he lifted his weapon and began to march off, ignoring the fatigue in his body.

Rayam watched Marquis as he walked off.. not to worried about the proverbial hornets nest, not with his own hornets next of lesser demons he could call upon at a moments notice.

"You go do that old man, and I'm just going to head up to the ruins and scout around and see what might be up there to put to our use" he said.
Sounding not to worried. And why should he be, Rayam had been up to the ruins countless times over the past few years. As a matter of fact most of the monsters and other creatures where nothing more then his own personal play things. But it would be nice to have some new play things to torment once the travelers settled into there new surroundings.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"Ianic let me take a look at that map of yours".. De'Mona said.

"Hmm, Looking over this map it looks like the ruins are another two days from here, if the weather holds out, But there doesn't look to be much in the way of shelter between here and there and it looks like it's going to be a long journey even at best." she said.
I would suggest we rest here a day and gather our strength before we head out, we wont have another chance until we get up to Lazar."

Getting up and moving to look over De'Mona's shoulder, she nods to herself. "Definitely a couple of days, perhaps three if we get any trouble." She settled down next to De'Mona and laid back down, enjoying the warmth of the fire while it lasted. She didn't want to counter-act their "leader", but the distance was closer to four or five days, weather permitting. She smiled slightly and thought she had better teach her how to read a map soon.

Smiling down at Felixia, "Thanks, they don't exactly teach us how to read maps when they keep us locked up all the time." De'Mona had been referring to all the years she had been kept as a slave. "but in any case I think we should be prepared for a long journey .. and Amoz doesn't seem to be able to take the cold much .. it's going to be hard for him till we reach the ruins"

"Hmmmmm, can't he be kept warm by these furs we have here?" She motions to the fur she was laying on and the others that the party were using. " I guess we should go ahead and search through these packs for everything of value that we could use." She though about how much they could salvage.

"Yes I was thinking of that myself," she said turning to Felixia. "Perhaps tomorrow I will see if I can figure out how to patch a few of them together to make something for him to wear."

"and your right before we leave we will take what ever we can salvage with us, It doesn't appear that who ever left this stuff is going to be coming back."

She looked outside the cave and saw that the moon was low in the sky. " Looks like we still have a couple hours before morning....catch some sleep while you can, De'Mona." She snuggled down into her furs and rested her back against it.

The Marquis trekked all through the night tell he came to a spot along the path the group would be required to come upon. He took up a seat and let his body relax, joints creaked loudly as he did. Reaching into the folds of his clothes he took out a long pipe and began to smoke. His actions reminded him of someone from the past, an unknown individual who was just a set piece of the scenery when the Marquis saw them, always sitting and waiting.

De'Mona had a hard time sleeping, She had been having strange dreams for the past few nights. She kept tossing and turning waking up. One of those times she had noticed Amoz had kicked the furs off and looked like he was shivering in his sleep.. she walked over and covered him with one of the firs.

Then she walked over to where Felixia had been sitting at the front of the cave.. As she looked out into the darkness the hair on the back of her neck started to prickle, and a chill ran through her.

Sitting down on one of the rocks next to Felixia, she didn't turn to look at her as she kept looking out at the tree line "That ring, You didn't inherit it like you said you did, did you?" she asked Felixia, but it was more of a statement then a question. She looked back over her shoulder, back into the cave to make sure everybody else was still sleeping.

Smiling and without opening her eyes, she nodded, "Nope....it was my payment." She remembered how she had been tricked into luring out an entire street gang so that the original owner of the ring's gang could kill them all. They made no distinction between the rival gang and herself, nearly splitting her skull open. "He owed me, and I took my payment from the cretin." She sat up slowly, her hand drifting to her hidden dagger in her vest. "Why do you ask about it?"

(sorry. I've been really busy.)
Ianic shivered. The fire had gone out a while ago. He knew because he was the one who doused it. He was restless, but he tried to get some sleep. He finally put a knife and whittled a stick in the back of the cave. It was almost morning, though half of the group wasn't asleep. He made a shape of a small cat with wide face and snout. He slowly drifted back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom