Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

About a Girl (Sho x ImagelessButterfly)

ImagelessButterfly

Planetoid
The day was cloudy and cold with a chance of cynicism. It didn't help that she didn't currently have a coat either...

Kaida's shivers however were hidden by the baggy black hoodie she was wearing and the acoustic guitar on her lap that she was trying to tune. It wasn't as if she wasn't used to cold weather or anything, but normally she had more than two layers on. Then again, that was before all of her possessions fit in a duffel bag and two guitar cases. Sighing, she shook her head and continued to work, hoping that the weather would warm up.

Playing for change at artisan fairs was definitely not what she was looking for when she came to America, but when your only other options are stripping or prostitution, you take the what you can get. It was around 8 o'clock, the booths around her more or less completely set up, their owners eying her carefully while they waited for the tiny trickle of potential customers to speed up. Kaida couldn't really blame their upturned noses though. She didn't exactly look like any kind of professional.

She was wearing her last pair of jeans without holes, but because they were light blue instead of normal dark colored denim they were noticeably dirty from her inability to wash them for a couple days. Her blonde hair was also a bit disheveled; the short pixie cut of it giving her "sex hair" no matter how many times she brushed or washed it. But maybe the thing that really worried them was the size of the sweater compared to the size of her tiny hungry-looking frame. Considering this was America and all, they were probably expecting her to pull out a gun any minute.

She laughed quietly at that thought before focusing her eyes back on the guitar, as her numb fingers toyed with a little melody while her ears checked the tuning. Not bad at all for doing it completely by ear...
Deciding to save her voice, she simply started to play an easy tune she had wrote a while back, not trusting her fingers to play anything new until they warmed up some. She kicked her case hard enough to turn it around for people to toss in change, hoping to get enough to buy something to eat in a few hours.

She was currently staying a few blocks east from here in a run down, and most likely condemned, church. But since it was one of the few buildings with lockable rooms to keep her guitars in, she had no other choice as far (as rent free flats go). She needed a job, this much was true, but without a resume she was pretty much out of luck.
She gave a nod of thanks to an older man who dropped a couple ones in her case, before putting on a happy face, and getting to work on attracting an audience.

Zack crused as he yelled in his phone. He had to meet with a client of his that hired his band weekly for 2-3 nights. It was good money and the club bar was successful so he always got the money for him and his band.

"No no no! I am not asking for DOUBLE! Just a raise in our pay! Come on! our music gets you more and more popular!" Zack said angry at his client. "So? This isn't sweden or finland or...wherever nordic country you came from!" Zack added as he drank his coffee.

Zack was going to his apartment. It was natural for him to make good money from being a leader of a mildly successful band but he needed more. He just visited his sister after picking up his newphew from school. Being 24, Zack 'finished' college after getting the most basic degree in audio and didn't bother to continue after getting a successful gig when he was 22. For 2 years, he's been hoping for a bigger shot. However, while his parents lived in Miami FL, his sister married when he was 10 and lived in New york ever since. Every now and then, he visit for a hello considering that she was his only family for miles. As usual, she insisted that he continue school even with his somewhat successful band.

He wore a open black long coat over a orange black stripped scarf. He was wearing converse (although cold as hell) and black straight jeans with 2 chains on either side with a stylist belt. He had a long sleeve orange shirt with the words: "Bite me, I got a fro!".

In fact, he had a bit of a stylist jew fro although not jewish of course. His curly hair gave him the name fro boy as he had green eyes that poped out.

Zack turned at a corner. "I am not at home, I was visiting a family related to me-" he started as he continued to walk

Kaida continued to play, but was interrupted by a cough that shook her, making her hand slide and cut open her finger.
"Fuck." She muttered, shaking her left hand. And then she saw Zack, and cursed even louder. This guy looked a bit crazy, but he definitely had money. She sucked on her finger before playing a little louder, glad that her fingers were numb. The people in the booths started to look at her a little more kindly, now that they could hear her playing something sweet and bubbly, and began to leave her alone.
More people were following Zack, many of which checking out the live music that the skinny woman was creating. If there was one thing that Kaida was grateful for, was her ability to swallow pain and put on a happy face.

She was wrapping up her first tune when she noticed that directly in Zack's path was her guitar case. With a horror struck look she shook her head, and tried to get him to look before he tripped, or worse, broke her case.

"No, I am not mexican just cuz I speak spanish!" he yelled in the phone. He began to attract attention by just a bit from the people watching Kaida although they listened to her and gave out money. "I am COLOMBIAN background-"

Zack was cut off as he took attention to what was in front of him. He tripped over her guitar case and fell forward. Because he tried to avoid it by moving over it, he actually tripped in front of the case rather than land on it. He cursed as he fell forward and his phone slipped. The iphone fell and cracked on it's screen at a corner of it.

"Zack Zack?" A voice said through the phone. Zack cursed again as he answered. "Let me call you back-" He said before hanging up. He groaned and stood up rubbing his leg and looking at his phone. "Aw man I just bought this a month ago...." he said as the crack got a corner of the screen. While it wasn't 'terrible', it was still not a slight to see on a touch screen.

He looked back and saw the girl. "Sorry, your case isn't broken is it?" he asked.

"...No..." Kaida said without even looking at it, watching the small crowed walk away from her laughing. She sighed before looking in the case, seeing approximately ten bucks in change. That was enough for a cheap breakfast at a seedy diner, with no tip. She cursed under her breath and got up from her post on an over turned bucket and started to pocket the money. She wasn't going to deal with this guy.

"Are you okay?" she asked not really caring, just wanting him to go away, her rage starting to come through about losing her audience. It didn't matter if it was still early, she was hungry, and now some pompous asshole couldn't even watch where he was going.

"That sucks about your phone." She said simply, placing her guitar in the case and shutting it. It was then that she noticed that the metal was a little dented but otherwise fine.

"Yes I am fine. and thank you" he said brushing off his legs. He streched." I don't suppose you're in a band that I know?" he asked in reference to her guitar. He looked around and noticed that she was about to leave.

"Going somewhere?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not in any band you would know." she sighed, pulling her case over her shoulder. "And since my crowd is gone it it's going to take at least another half hour for me to gain another, I figured I'd just go get something to eat." she said a little testily.
"So if you don't mind I think I'll get going." she spoke pushing past him slightly.

"Wait" he said as he grabbed her arm a bit gently to get her attention. "I feel like this is somewhat my 'fault'. He said frowning a bit as he looked at her.

"And you seem just like a guy that I know who did the same thing as you.....unless you're not a homeless player?" he asked raising a eyebrow. He looked at her clothes. "I can tell that those pants weren't made 'ripped'......also," He did a small sniff in the air.

Kaida was close to punching him in the face. "Let go of me." she said glaring at his arm. "And get away from me before I break your face." She said bitterly meeting his eye.
"And for your information, I can do just fine without your 'help'. I've made it this far, so just shut up." she said pulling her arm away feeling an unlucky combination of dirty and pissed off.

"When was the last time you BATHED?" he asked her curiously. Of course, he made sure that only she was the one who could hear him. He let go because she looked at him speechless. He kept a calm face as he thought (yes, she's another Tommy....) he thought as he then said. "mind telling me your story? it wouldn't hurt to talk" he said to her.

((I am pretty sure you know already that Tommy is one of his band members. lol))

"Fuck. You." She said, obviously hurt. "I don't need your pity, I sure as fuck don't need this 'talking' bullshit you are spouting, I just want to go get some food." She said on the verge of tears, both from being embarrassed and being angry.
She stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. "I have no reason to trust you anyway. I don't think there is much difference among men, even if this is America, and I am not about to blow you for cash so just go away."

"Look, from another music player to another, I feel that I should a least HELP. THere was a time when I had trouble finding work and did this myself...I had to go through this without help." Zack said looking at her. He could tell that she was about to cry.

"Do you think of me as a perv who just only wants one thing from a helpless woman? If you were a guy, I help you either way. Musicians need to look out for one another." His greens eyes looked at her eyes.

"Would you a least tell me your name? A least let me know your name...By the way, I am Zack, band leader of a somewhat succesful band..." he said walking up to her. He held out a hand but it looked too good to be true. (Man, What if I was her? And she was me? would she help me?" he wondered.

She looked at his hand, but didn't touch it. "My name is Kaida. Allard." She said simply, taking a step back. "I've been here for three months. Trust me. I know what men in this city can be like." She spat back, her cerulean eyes searching his.

"I'm from Canada. I had to leave, and now I'm here. Thats my story. Except, getting a job is a little hard when you aren't a citizen and you don't want to go into stripping. Are you satisfied?" She said, crossing her arms. "Because I haven't eaten in over twelve hours, so I would really like to go get something before I lose my temper and just break your face."

"Canada huh? Good to know that you're used to the Cold....I prefer hot actually" he said as if they were starting conversion. "Considering that you're 'illegal', I suppose you DON'T have any choices after all...." he looked at her Case. "How much...?" He asked her raising a eyebrow. (12 hours? That's not healthy, where is she staying?) he wondered curiously.

"How much what?" she questioned back, taking a noticeable step back. She didn't like that phrase tossed around, even if it was to her case.
"And I'm not illegal." she said, sort of lying. "I do have some papers..." Her visa expired three weeks after she arrived. A particularly cold blast of wind hit and her teeth chattered slightly. "Look, I got a lot of stuff to do..."

"With what amount of money? I saw somewhere around $7 american dollars in your case...I don't think you have much to do..." he said honestly. He then looked at her and smile. "want a actual job?" he asked her. "I am being nice here for a pretty girl" he said to her.

"I..." Her words trailed off. She gave him a dark look but, softened it slightly after a few seconds. "Look I don't want to receive hand outs, okay? I work for what I get. And I'm not about to change that now. Plus, I don't have much experience with most things, so really it's kinda pointless." She said shrugging off his offer.
"Plus, seven bucks is enough for breakfast, and I need to go check and make sure nobody has taken my stuff. Then I need to go and see if there is a busy fair or market going on somewhere, so I can keep working."

"How much longer till people will stay away from a girl that smells and dresses bad?" He asked her as another struck. He looked at her sliently waiting for THAT answer.

Kaida stared at him, before balling up her fist, and decking him as hard as she could in the jaw. "You are such a dick. Don't claim that you are going to help someone, and then insult them. I mean, fuck, like I'm really supposed to trust some pompous idiot who thinks he's the best damn thing since guitar strings, and treats other people like shit? I know that I'm dirty, I know that I should be doing better than staying in an abandoned church, I don't need the reminder. Thanks anyway though." she said moving away.
"Plus, I much rather be taking care of myself than have some stupid jerk off think he needs to take care of me. Been there, done that, thats why I'm here in the first place. Go to hell." She said feeling tears run down her cheeks. "And for the record, whatever 'job' you were offering, I was about to take it before you did that. So thank you for also making me aware about how I'm too damn trusting of people."

He took the punch and let himself go against the wall. "I suppose I deserved that..." he said as he looked at her again calmly. "Sometimes, you need to remind those WHY they need your help in order to actually help them." Zack said standing up. He had a red mark on his chin but otherwise, he remained the same. "And I am glad that you actually trust me. Shall we go?" he asked her as if she had told him that she was going with him.

Zack looked at her with his green eyes. Clearly, he wasn't going to take no for a answer and he wanted to help no matter what. He wasn't angry or aggressive. Just....clam and she knew it.

"You'll be given a place to sleep...if you do decide to take the job. I assure you" he added as he stood there in front of her. He didn't seem bothered by the fact that she punched him.

She stared at him. She knew she wasn't going to win this. Still not fully trusting him, she crossed her arms, looking down at the concrete.
"I want my stuff. I'm not leaving it alone over night. And what is this job anyway? You did make note about my problems stripping right?" She said nastily, walking with him, careful to keep her distance. She was fully prepared to rip his nuts off if the situation turned sour.

"Of course....and your job, I am actually looking for someone to either clean or be able to work with equipment that the band uses....have any experince in either?" he asked her as he looked over at her. "Which church? the run down one?" he asked her as they headed in that direction. "And no, If I needed a stripper, I would've asked a whore" he said flatly as he looked forward.

"Umm, yeah. I've done that before." she said with a shrug. "How many nights a week? Minimum wage?" She asked trying not to seem to excited. She laughed a bit at his whore comment shaking her head. Things like that were all in the eye of the beholder anyway.
"Yeah the abandoned one. I was surprised no one else was in it to be honest. It's pretty cozy. Then again...maybe it's blasphemy. Never really bothered to learn things like that."

"We'll talk that over when we get to my friend's place...speaking of which." he got out his phone and frowned at the crack screen. He sighed and dialed a number.

"Lilly? yea, listen." throughout the walk, he explained to his friend of his new friend Kaida. "Yes- no- come on!" He said as they reached the chruch. While Kaida went in for her things, she could hear Zack talking still.

"I don't think so, I am not having her at my place.....no, I don't think she like that. Come on, she's a girl, you're a girl! You got no roomate and she's homeless! I don't think she prefers MY place...atlhough nicer than yours-" he said.

((Is Lily a character you would like to play? If not I would willingly take that role, if she is to be in the Rp more ^^))
Kaida grabbed her bag from a locked confession booth, along with her electric guitar, trying not to pay too much attention to the conversation Zach was having. Then again, he was more or less arguing about her future...
"Look I can stay at the church it's not big deal." she interrupted, with a job I'm sure I can find enough for some crappy apartment in no time." she said simply. "You don't need to take care of me."

Back
Top Bottom