Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love through the ages (nightsorceress x skelace)

Lost Legacy

Lusting for the Dark
A weary traveler atop his worn out stead pulled up to the stables after a long nights journey. He wore an old draby gray robe, filled with patches of coarse, blue and green material. A squire boy came out helping the traveler off his horse and leading the animal into a free stable. The man pulled out a purse only to find it empty of all coin. Or at least anyone looking would have guess that the pouch was empty, yet the man still pulled out two copper coins and tossed them to the squire, before turning away and walking into the familiar town.

Once every year for the past eighteen years on the same day for he had been visiting small community. He would stay in town for a little while before heading back to where ever it was that he was from. In truth he came to find one person in particular. Now a good friend of his, the man wandered over to the house, he had spent so much time at. The village was just begging to come to life, as people went about their morning chores, and the market began to open up.

Reaching his destination, Alexander pulled down his hood, revealing a dark short cut hair, with a slight beard beginning to grow around his face. A smile was laid upon his face, as he brought his hand up to rap on the wooden door, of some small cottage.

Today was the day. He was coming, it was exciting to see him again. Would he finally see her for the woman that she was now, not the child he knew long ago. Aurora wondered as she looked herself in the mirror. She wear a crimson dress that showed off her womanly figure. Her long raven color hair was down. And her purple eyes seemed to sparkle.

She was doubling checking herself as a knock came to the door of her parents home. She quickly raced to the door knowing it had to be him. She collected herself at the door and then opened it her heart froze in her chest. there he was just as handsome as ever, he never seemed to age. "hello" she said almost meekly

Alex almost mistook the girl opening the door for Aurora's mother and took a sharp breath when he saw the beauty in front of his eyes. She had indeed turned into a woman over the past year, of that he had no doubt. As he looked down at those gorgeous purple eyes, he wished he didn't have to explain to her, what he had come here to do. But he couldn't afford to keep her from it any more. To do so would mean he had wasted the last eighteen years of his life.

"Hello there my dear. May I come it?" Alex bent slightly showing his respect to his friend, as his soothing voice carried from his throat. He certainly was glad to be back in her company though. As much as a companion Stella, his horse, was she never could really compete with a human friendship.

Aurora smiled at him and tucked some of her long raven hair behind her ear. "Of course come in, come in" She stepped from the door. She was so glad her parents had left the home earlier this morning. They would have a little time alone to catch up. Once he was inside ushered him to have a seat. "can i get you anything, some breakfast or something to drink." she was so excited to have him here she was trying not to let her childish side show.

Alexander sat down up with a sigh. These seats were so much more comfortable to a saddle. He smiled at Aurora, "No no. Of course not my dear. I am fine." He motioned for her to join him. "Come you must sit down, so we may catch up. Are your parents out of the house?" He looked around for the two, he had grown accustomed to their eyes staring him down as he spoke to their daughter, confused as to his reasons for meeting with such a young girl.

Aurora was happy he wanted to catch up she loved to hear about where he been. She move to sit next to him looking at him. She wished he was stay longer this time. "Yes they left this morning, Mother thought it was best, Since I am a woman now and can look after myself" she gave him a soft smile. " so tell me how long will you be staying this time?"

Alex nodded in agreement to Aurora's mother statement, and was once again forced to realize how the little girl he had been watching over had grown into a woman. "I... I don't know how long I shall be staying as of yet. There are a few things that I must have done while I'm here so we shall see." He scratched the back of his head a bit nervously hoping he could get this done and over with as gently and quickly as possible. "So from the looks of it this past year has treated you well. Any young man have his eye set upon you yet?" He wanted to know just how hard the news would be for her to take yet, before he laid it upon her. And that would mean finding out everything about those she loved and cared about.

Aurora was hopeful that perhaps he would stay long enough to get him to see her as a woman now. Maybe someone he could possibly marry now that she was of marrying age. "well there have been a few men that have come calling, but only wanting for my looks none wanting to the know the real me. Its like its some game for them." she shook her head, she knew she would only want to marry for love.

"Ahh yes such is the short sighted wisdom of youth. Do not worry I'm sure someone will come around for you." In all truth Alexander was glad she had not found a suitor, as that would make it just that much harder to break the news to her. He let out a sigh, as his mind went over how to say what was needed to her. It wouldn't be easy for her to accept he could tell that much. "So my dear, what's new since I last came? Any plans for the future?"

She tried not to look upset when he said she would find someone. In her heart she already had but he was far to foolish to ever see it to him she was just a silly girl atleast that was what she thought."nothing much has changed for me, life is the same as it ever was. But for you I am sure u had a wonderful year."

Alexander chuckled as she mentioned his year. Ever since she was a little girl he had spoken to her of all the places he had traveled, and she found them fascinating. Alex had been traveling for far to long now to find many things that amazed him to such a degree, but he did indeed enjoy retelling his tail to Aurora. In fact he loved doing just about anything with her, though he wouldn't tell himself he was that emotionally attached. "Indeed it has been an eventful year, perhaps I shall tell you about it when your parents return. But as of now there is something... I must tell you Aurora." Alex had been around long enough to understand that waiting any longer wasn't going to help him explain, what he had come to explain, and that he had to take this opportunity while her parents were not within earshot.

Aurora couldn't wait to hear what he has been doing in his year. He always had something new and exciting to tell her, and as she had grown older she longed to see the places he had been, and more for him to show her. Her sudden excitment died as he said he had something to tell her, her heart thought the worse. She inced a little closer to him and touched his hand. "what is Alex, everything is alright isn't it?"

Alexander took in a deep breath as she touched his hand, making the confession he was about to make no easier. "My dear... there is a reason I've come today... actually let me start over." Every word was deliberately spoken, slow and thought out, "You know how ever since you were young I've came around once a year?" Once she showed recognition he continued, "Have you ever... Have you ever wondered why it is that I've had such an interest in you since a young age? You know with me coming out here for no reason?" He hesitated unsure if this was the way he wanted to explain it, but it was not as if he could take back the words already in the air, so there was no point in worrying about it.

Aurora looked at the whole time he struggled to speak it was as if he was afraid to speak. Her forehead wrinkled and she nodded a little but at the same time bit her lip. She thought it odd when he asked her if she ever wondered why he was around. "i have never really stopped to think about it. Just more excited to see you every year."

Alex let out a sharp breath looking down at the young lady's hand putting his own on top of it, so that it was stuck between both of his. "Well... I've always been here because... because your different from everyone else here. Your different from any other girl I know." He was beating around the bushes and desperately wished that he could just blurt everything out.

Aurora's hand right away held his hand as she felt him touch her. She was still afraid that he was going to tell her something like he was going to be married or was never coming back, her heart fluttered in her chest. She almost laughed when he said she was different. "Alex, no i am nothing different. Trust me I am just like any other girl, ready to be married. and happy to have a good friend here."

A frown came over Alexander's face as Aurora insisted that she was as normal as any other girl her age out there. "No my dear you are not." His eyes raised to look at her sparkling purple eyes. "Ever since you were born I've felt you there... It's hard for me to explain but... You have been given a gift..." He sighed in despair knowing he was going nowhere like this. "Perhaps it would be better for me to show you." He raised his hands away from his placing it palm up in between them, "You see in my hand I hold nothing." He place his other hand like a cup over top of the first, pulling it close to his face. He gently blew into the small cavity his hands had formed. He pushed his hand back towards her, slowly lifting the top hand away. In the space that was previously empty now held a small yellow canary chirping cheerily at the two friends.

"Felt me? I don't know what you mean by that?" She questioned she never heard anyone say anything like that before. She realized quickly that this was the most perplexing conversation she had ever had. The he did the odds thing out of no where he made a bird appear. At first she was a little shocked but then laughed. "Oh i know your a magician, that is why you travel so much, But where were you keeping the bird this whole time?"

((sorry I jump off people stopped by unplanned))

Alexander sighed as his attempt to explain himself backfired. "My dear... I am no magician. I never stored that bird anywhere." He rose from his seat on the couch and began pacing back and forth in front of Aurora. "That really was magic. No tricks, no secret hiding places." He looked at her and knew that she wasn't understanding by the look in her eyes. "Eh... Here, let me show you something that could not be done by some normal jester." He pulled his sleeves up to his elbows. "Now whatever happens, promise me you will not scream." He worried about doing rather obvious magic around other people, as he would prefer they didn't hunt him for what he was.

Aurora looked at him for a very long moment. "I don't understand Alex" she finally admitted as he tried to tell her he was not a magicain that what he had done was really. She coked her head to the side an nodded. "alright i promise not to scream" Wonder what he could mean. She never thought Alex to be crazy but now she wasn't so sure.

Alex let out a long breath than drug it back in, his eyes were closed, and his arms stretched out before him. Slowly it seemed as thought the room was going dark, as if a large black cloud had suddenly came over the village that was just experiencing a bright clear sky before. Eventually the room became pitch black, as Alex began to chant words in a low, soft voice, that seemed to carry throughout the entire house. Then out of nowhere, small balls of a soft blue light began to appear about the room, illuminating so that Aurora could only see herself and Alexander.

Slowly and ever so gently the balls of light began to bob in rhythm, to a high pitched tune that began coming from the the balls. At first the tune was soft, comforting, and the movements of the lights were slow and gentle, but over time the tune began to pick up intensity and the tempo rose. As such the lights began to race around in circles as if dancers in some great ballroom dance. And as the tempo of the tune and speed of the lights seemed as though they couldn't go any faster, came crashing down in on Aurora. And just like that the two were back in the living room, with Alex standing up and a bright sunny day could be seen outside.

Aurora had a soft smile on her lip what could he be up to now she thought to herself. But just as sudden a thunder clouds moved over the sky the room darken. She could not see her own hand in front of her face. "Alexander" she called out but just as suddenly a gentle blue light formed. She Alex again but didn't help her nerves, her heart pounded in her chest like a drum.

She watched as they danced to the tune that was coming from no where. She stood to her feet to watch better. But then tune sprang up and the balls moved closer, she feared what might happen. She covered her eyes as they drew closer afraid they might hurt her. She whimpered but didn't scream as she promised.

Alex let his breath out as he felt the magic end, and he opened his eyes to see a whimpering Aurora. Apparently his planned had not worked like he had been hoping it would. Well of course it wouldn't. She had no concept of magic or of being immortal and he had basically shoved her into the deep end of the pool, so to speak. He rushed forwards embracing, Aurora in his arms, holding her close to him as he spoke soothingly. "It's alright my dear. It's over. I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

Aurora felt his strong arms around her, and she felt like a child again but that quickly past as his scent filled her noise, she felt like a woman in his arms now. Her head rested against his strong chest her arms were wrapped around him not wanting to let go. "Its alright, i was more shocked then frighten. It was beautiful....But how Alex? How did you do that, and why are you choosing to tell me your secret?"

Alexander let Aurora go taking a step back, once he was sure she was alright. "Like I said this is hard to explain." He scratched the back of his head and looked back down at the ground. His mind scrambled for a way to say this without sounding like he was crazy. "Do you remember me from... er. Do you remember what your parents looked like, five years ago? Do see how much they've aged in just five years?" He looked up into her brilliant purple eyes, "Now can you see how much I've aged?"

Back
Top Bottom