Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Memories

The woods were thick with fog and she was seriuosly lost. Well she thought she was lost. A woman stumbled exhausted through the woods her bare feet bleeding and her clothes torn and ragged. She just seriously wished she knew where she was going.

A loud growl comes from her stomach. She wraps her arms around herself. and silently stumbles on. She had no memory of who she was or what happened to her she just woke up in the wood badly beaten as if left for dead.
She hoped to got she hadn't deserved it.

Within a dark room of his massive castle Rowen stared out at the night sky. He was alone in this massive building, as his parent died many years ago. He was a were-dragon, cursed with the ancient reptilian blood. He had the nature of the beast, but the heart of the human. It was this that caused him to keep himself locked away in his residence. He couldn't put others at risk, nor would he put himself in the sights of a hunter.

A small pile of gold glistened in the moonlight and it caught his eye. He smirked, remembering the days he used to scour the skies for targets to raid, and steal gold and valuables from. He shook his head, unsure what life had in store for him. He had a strange feeling in the back of his head. One that told him something strange was going to happen tonight, something that could change the path of his life forever.

Drifting almost in a dream like state she wanders deeper into the woods. Without even knowing it she walked right of a small ledge that droped maybe five feet down to lower ground. Even though the distance was short she let out a very girlish scream as she fell. " Really I scream like that?" She scowled herself. Standing only to find her ankle had be twisted. Hopping along holding on to trees for suport she wanders on undefeted by nature. Her stomach growls louder making her wince. She was getting weaker and weaker. How long had it been since she last ate. She had no idea, and she was in deep deep trouble.

His sensitive ears picked up a high pitch girl scream. He face immediately perked in the direction of the disturbance. He had his fair share of intruders of all ages and genders. He learned to never trust by appearances. Pushing up from the chair he was in he stuck his head out the window. His eyes focused with the power of his dragon blood. He could see the heat from a body, a living human was in the forest and seemed to be heading in this direction. Figuring it would be best to investigate this person before she got too close. He pulled off his clothes, exposing his muscular frame before he leapt from the window with no fear. In mid air his body twisted and contorted to almost twice its original size.

His body, now covered in black scales glided on new found wings as he made his way towards the girl. He could tell she was hurt, and if he had to guess by the way she struggled, she was hungry. He let out a loud warning growl from above, to test how desperate this woman was,

Hearing a growl she looked around knowing this time it wasnt her stomach, "Great now I have to worry about getting eaten." She growled frustrated. She hobbled along a bit faster trying to put weight on her ankle so she could get used to the pain. She might need to run and she couldnt be hampered by a twisted ankle. She leans down and scoops up a branch to use a a walking stick.

Smiling slightly she moves at a steadier place. She really hoped there was shelter somewhere. She really didnt want to be eaten.

Rowan noticed the girl seemed to pick up her pace. This made him smile as he saw that they were drawing ever closer to his home. He didn't know why he was trying to force her to his castle, but something inside of him told him to keep pushing. Swooping as low to the tree level as he could, he let out yet another earth shaking roar.

She was practacally running now. "YOU CANT EAT ME!!!" she yells. She stops in her tracks at the sight of a castle. "oh..." She walks up to the door and timidly knocks. "who has a castle in the middle of a forest?

As soon as they had arrived at the castle, Rowen flew behind the buillding where he could change his form once again, and hurry into the castle. He ran full speed through the empty halls until he reached he bed chambers. He looked around, slightly nervous, as he hasn't had company in a very long time. He finally decided on a black suit, with a green cape, matching his almost emerald eyes.

Rowen made his way down to the front door, hearing the girl knocking on the door. He put on his best frustrated look, hiding his excitement behind a mask of anger. He pulled the castle doors wide open and looked at the girl in front of him. His medium length black hair covering one of his eyes. "Who are you?" He asked in a deep growl tone as he sized the injured girl up

"I dont know. Sir could you help me please?" She looks him over thinking maybe he wouldn't hurt her. "I'm lost I woke up in the forest and ive been wandering for days in circles. I dont remember anything. I dont ever know who I am." SHe looks down looking sad and pitiful. "please help me?"

Giving her one last look over, he shook his head slightly and stepped away from the large doors. "I do not know how much help I can be to you. I have no experience that will benefit your lack of memory, nor is my castle upkept to house visitors. You are more than welcome to stay, but be advised. Do not enter the eastern tower. I have things that are better left unseen."

"Thats ok." she steps inside. "I mostly need some where to go, And Im a little hungry." As if on cue her stomach growls. "well really hungry." she smiles sheepishly.

He nodded and and smiled back. "Well, normally I hunt my own food. I prefer it to be fresh. I do believe I have some things in the kitchen. Follow me, and I will show you there. And please, forgive the mess. I have not gotten the chance to clean this place up." He closed the doors behind her, and continued to walk towards the kitchen. Long dusty corridors, doors that seemed to have not been open in many years. The kitchen, however, was stocked with relatively fresh breads and vegetables. Normally used to garnish his fresher meals.

"wow looks like you could use a maid." she looked around. "Your houses is awesome though." She always likes castles she thought as she limped after him.

"Yeah, the last time I had a maid she ... well lets just say she made a great farewell meal" He laughed as his own personal joke as he waved his arm across the kitchen. "Please, eat your fill. When you are finished I shall take you to a suitable place for you to rest."

Deciding to join her as she ate in the kitchen, Rowen smiled. "Well, I have certain qualities about me that are un-companion like. And out here I can be alone and not have to worry about pesky tax collectors." He sat in a chair and pondered. "You have absolutely no idea who you are or why you are here do you?"

"Ha, then you must be an angel sent to rescue me from my lonliness." He took a moment for the thought to sink in before he bursted out laughing. "Well at the very least, you have come here for some reason. It is the will of the gods." He stood up and walked towards the door. "After a good nights sleep we can discuss your further plans."

"Follow me." He said as he left the kitchen, giving her ample time to catch up. He made his way up a spiral stair case, far on the western side of the castle and smiled a he reached a set of large ornate doors. "This was the room of my previous geust. It isn't much, but there may be some clothes in there to slip into and there is a working bath." He opened the doors to a large room, furnished mildly well. An armiore sat in the corner and a door that led to the bathroom was in the far back.

"Please make yourself at home. If you need anything just yell, I will be around to hear it." He smiled a he backed up for her to take in the room.

Back
Top Bottom