Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Magical Robe (Hat + Iri )

Hat-tori

Supernova
James Morrison smiled as he pulled the robe from the box, gently folding it onto a nearby table. He wore a labcoat and sensible black clothing, as befit a man in his mid-twenties. The condition was excellent. It could likely even be worn to this day! To think that such a babylonian treasure had lasted to this day. THere was even a tablet recovered with it, a work of art that seemed to detail how it worked.

Appaerently wearing the robe in the prescence of others gave the wearer incredible powers. Or so it seemed. It kept mentioning an 'inherent cost', whatever that meant. James frowned. His green eyes scanned the tablet again, and he sighed. He couldn't make sense of it, mainly because of the missing chunk. And the robe was far too small for himself.

He smoothed back black hair, and called for his new assistant, fresh from the senior apprenticeship program at the highschool in the area.

It was his first week on the job at the museum, and Chase Landon thought he was doing an alright job as an assistant. There wasn't exactly much to the job, merely attending to his boss' wishes and demands, but he held a lot of pride in his position, which was why he rushed over as soon as James called him, not wanting to waste a second dawdling.

"Yes sir, what do you need?" he asked, standing at attention for whatever his boss might have ready for him. He couldn't help but look at the robe and tablet on the table; another magnificent find for the archives, it seemed.

"This is an old babylonian robe. It's remarkably well-preserved. THe archeologists say it can even be worn without fear of damaging it!" he said with a grin. "This tablet even says it grants great power to the one who wears it." he chuckled. "All the same, I can't help but curb my curiousity. It seems like it's about your size, Chase. Would you like to give it a go?" he asked.

Chase eyed the robe warily, not sure if he was willing to trust an ancient tablet that said it would grant him great power. The whole thing had to be a sham, so he didn't think twice before agreeing. "Sure, I'll give it a try," he said, his tone disbelieving yet cautious. Picking the robe up off the table, he allowed it to unfold, looking it over before hesitantly trying it on.

Iridescent said:
Chase eyed the robe warily, not sure if he was willing to trust an ancient tablet that said it would grant him great power. The whole thing had to be a sham, so he didn't think twice before agreeing. "Sure, I'll give it a try," he said, his tone disbelieving yet cautious. Picking the robe up off the table, he allowed it to unfold, looking it over before hesitantly trying it on.

Nothing seemed to happen.
"Ah. I see..." he said. "It appears that traditionally, it's worn on its own. Nothing beneath or above it. 'The air and the robe are all that clothe me', it says." he said. "Besides, I'd like to see what it looked like when worn by the peoples who made it..."

Biting his lip, he seemed more than a little uncomfortable with the instructions, placing the robe on the table. "So, I'm supposed to..." he began, barely even comfortable with saying what the tablet was asking, "right here?" It was quite the odd request, but he didn't want to disappoint James and lose his job, so he slowly took his lab coat off, following with his shirt, shoes, socks, pants and underwear, his body completely flustered under the watchful eye of his boss. Grabbing the robe again, he threw it on, feeling a weird sensation emanating from it. He passed it off as merely friction from the fabric against his skin, chancing a look up at James' face in all his naked glory.

"It looks quite good on you!" James said with a smile. "Pity it isn't capable of doing anything special, though." he said, putting the tablet down. "Don't worry, I have the security cameras in this room uninstalled anyway. THey're just there for looks, so I'm the only one who saw you. And we're all men here, yes?" he said with a chuckle.

Chase nodded, smiling at James' words. "I'm glad. Otherwise this probably would've been the most embarrassing moment of my life," he voiced, laughing softly as he walked around the room with the robe on. "Maybe just putting the robe on isn't good enough; is there anything else on that tablet to explain things further?" he asked, returning to his boss' side.

"Just says you have to think about what you desire, and the robe makes it so." he said with a shrug. "SOmething about a... cost, but I don't know what." he replied, smiling. "I wonder if you could make a diamond on this table."

"What I... desire?" he asked tentatively, his mind racing with possibilities, but his mind was put at ease by his boss' next words. "A cost? I'm not going to like, spontaneously combust or anything, am I?" It didn't hurt to ask, although it did seem unlikely.

"Doesn't seem harmful." he said. "After all, it goes on about repeated use and that it recovers at sunrise..." he chuckled. "It's all a little silly if you ask me, but hey, who knows, right?"

Chase decided to give what James said a whirl, closing his eyes and really trying to focus on something he desired. A couple things came to mind, but he thought he'd go simple. "How about... a Yorkshire Terrier? I've always wanted one of those," he thought out loud, not exactly understanding how he was supposed to show his desires. When nothing seemed to happen, he sighed, having known that the whole thing was a crock. Just as he was about to open his eyes, he felt something nip at his toe, causing him to yelp and jump backwards. Opening his eyes wide, his gaze focused on the new addition to the room, a Yorkshire Terrier puppy that seemed to materialize out of thin air. "H-how did that get here?" he stuttered from shock, backing up even further from the dog, not sure what was going on.

The older man stammered, blinking. He watched the robe slowly begin to unravel, the string pooling at his feet slowly. It didn't seem to want to stop, even when it approached his knees. The puppy, to its credit, seemed as dumbfounded as the both of them.

The robe didn't seem to want to stop unraveling, a pile of string slowly building at his feet. "This is... insane," he mused, wondering how in the world this kind of thing could exist. Looking up at James desperately for answers, the endless falling string seemed to stop, the robe now up to his chest, exposing the lower half of him once again. "It doesn't even look like a robe anymore," he said, chuckling as he touched the remains of the robe that still adorned him.

James blinked, having a hard time looking away from the boy. "Uh. Well. I think we... uh. We uh, know what the cost is. And it rebuilds every morning... My god, Chase. THe possibilities."

Chase chewed on his bottom lip, still a little freaked out by the robe's power. This was reality, things like magical robes that could grant your every wish only existed in movies and on TV; not in the real world. "Wait, so you want me to keep using this? I don't know... I can't even imagine how this power will be able to affect me," he stated, sighing.

Back
Top Bottom