Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Survivors (akiriu x I)

Remnant_Of_Dreams

Super-Earth
(http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=715349 )
Angelique smiled as she stretched in the warm sunlight, she loved the freedom and the fact that she was currently all alone and didn't have to worry about being born with cat ears and a tail. Sure she knew the risks of being out in the open but being summer time meant that the river was full of cool water and even possibly some nice fish for her to catch, Angel was in every way a cat as she was human but normal humans had decided to try and take out everyone who was like her whether it was capturing them and forcing them to be slaves or just plain shooting them down like they were some wild animal. In truth she hated the humans for what they had done and because of them she had wound up alone and had no clue if there were any other survivors, of course she was only one person so could do nothing about it except keep her ears and tail hidden when she was among the humans. It was rather easy since her ears were the same color as her hair and she could hide her tail inside her pants.

Sighing softly she stretched out in the grass letting her soaked body dry out naturally, she had just gone swimming in the river and the cool water had felt relaxing. However, now she desired a nap and planned on catching some fish for lunch or dinner once she woke up. "So warm," purring softly she closed her eyes and laid on her side next to the river listening the the sounds around her. Soon she drifted off into a peaceful sleep unaware of anything else around her except the warmth of the sun and the sound of the river next to her as she slept.

( http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/Dark_rocker_angel/Anime-Demons/591b.jpg )
Nathan sat atop a barren tree. It was warm, and he finally had a chance to come out of hiding. He let his tail hang off the branch. It swayed back and forth as he ate an apple. He was truly alone, pure bliss.

He decided to go to the river for a swim. Even though he was a Neil, part human part cat, he still enjoyed water. He jumped down, landing without a sound. He crept up to the river in case there were hunters nearby. He saw another neko as he was at the edge of the river. He walked up to her, hoping that she was alive.

Her ear twitched slightly as the sound of someone approaching caught her attention and woke her up from her light sleep, opening her eyes she sat up and searched for the source ready to attack in case it was a hunter or some foolish human who believed they could capture her and turn her into a slave. When she found the source of the noise she paused studying the boy behind her she noticed he was just like her so relaxed a little but also stayed prepared in case it was some sort of trap, "hello"

He hopped back. Her movements shocked him. "Hey." He said looking at her. He stayed back, in case she would try and attack him. "Are you a..." he trailed off, too embarrassed to say Neko.

"Neko? Yes why do you care?" She stood stretching while keeping an eye on him, yawning slightly she turned studying him as she crossed her arms over her chest and her tail swished behind her testily. If he took notice to it he'd know she didn't trust him, even if he was slightly attractive. "What do you want? There is some reason you are here but I'm warning you if you try anything I won't hesitate to try and kill you, even if you are the same race as me." Even though it was soft her voice sounded cold as she spoke towards him keeping on guard even though she was still half asleep.

He stayed back sitting down on a boulder. He looked out to the river. He looked saddened. "It's nothing. I just had to make sure..." He watched as a fish swam in the river.

Angel looked at him curiously, "make sure of what?" The fact that he looked really sad brought out her more gentle side, if it hadn't been for the humans then she'd always be gentle but ever since the hunting of her kind began she had been forced to harden herself so she never got hurt and could protect herself and stay out of traps. However, there were things that always brought out the kinder side of her and a person being sad was one of them.

"As far as I can tell, there's none left. All hunted off even the slaves. I barely escaped." He kept his eyes on the river. He usually wasn't like this, but seeing another Neko after so long, it felt good to know there was at least one more.

She bit her lower lip and looked away from him and to the river, he was right about one thing. Until he had showed up she had believed herself the only one left which had pissed her off as well as left her feeling empty and alone, sighing softly she walked up to him and held out her hand. "Come on, instead of staring at it all day why no go swim? The water feels nice and there are plenty of fish to catch, we're not as alone as we thought. You and I may be the only one's left of our kind so shouldn't we make the best of it while staying hidden right under the human's nose?"

He nodded, removing his shirt and pants. He went into the river, the current not too strong. He went as deep as he could, wanting to be immersed by the waves.

Angel blushed slightly as he removed his pants and shirt, watching him enter the river she sat by the edge putting her feet in and continued to watch him. There was something alluring about seeing him swim in the clear water, of course it didn't help much that he was only wearing boxers.

He shot straight up, flying a few feet out of the water. He was happy again. He saw a specific fish and swam after it. Catching it, he swam to the girl. "Caught a fish." He said grinning triumphantly. It was a large fish, he had use both his hands to hold it.

Angel couldn't help but laugh, "yes I noticed... you can put it over there by the fire pit if you like so it doesn't get away." She studied him for a second debating on whether or not giving her name, shrugging slightly she smiled at him in a friendly manner. "I'm Angelique by the way but I usually just go by Angel"

He returned the smile. "Nathan. It's nice to know I'm not alone." He said,placing the fish by the fire pit. He sat next to her looking out to the river. He sighed happily.

"It's nice huh... to be free like this and not having to hide our ears or tail from those rotten humans, if I had the power I'd make them regret wiping our kind out like this." She blushed softly staring at the reflection of her and Nathan sitting next to each other, "since we're the last two doesn't that make us..." Angel paused not sure how to phrase it so it wouldn't be as embarrassing to talk about. When their kind had flourished and lived happily the men and women would pick their mates based on who they loved, however, Nathan was the only male Neko left and she was the only female Neko left so did that automatically make them partners? It was impossible to mate a human since they'd probably end up getting killed if found out, so the survival of the Neko race was left up to them. They could let it die completely or not.

He sensed her direction and was flustered. He blushed and looked away, nervous as hell. As it looks like, they are the last of the Neko race. The continuation of their species relied solely on them. "I think it does." He stuttered. It was to say. His tail tensed up, the hair on his back standing on end. "But do you really want to?" He asked. He didn't even know if he was ready for that to happen.

Angel thought about his question as her blush darkened a bit, she had no idea who Nathan really was since they had just met and even though he was the only male Neko left it made him her partner. However, she wasn't so sure she wanted to rush into things with a man she barely knew. Sure if things happened between them and it ended up going in that direction she'd go with it but she wasn't ready to try and make kids so soon, standing Angel bit her bottom lip as her tail twitched behind her. "I don't know... I've never thought about it before. But now, now it's different I suppose..." she looked at him for a second before going into the river swimming under the water as she tried to clear her mind and think things through.

He needed to think. He hopped into the water, trying to swim as deep as he could. He let the waves go over him, immersing himself in the river. The currents flowed around him, moving his body as he relaxed.

Angel turned slightly and noticed he had hopped into the river as well, smiling slightly she relaxed her entire body and let the water move her to its will but made sure to stay near the spot she had chosen to camp in for the day. The water was definitely relaxing but it didn't help her straighten out what to do about what should happen between the both of them, then again she never had to deal with such a situation so she wasn't sure how to handle it

He swam back up to the surface, gasping for air. He had drifted off a little so he swam closer. The water felt good against his skin. He immersed himself again, staying closer to the camp this time.

Resurfacing she gasped for air for a second then climbed out of the water and stood on the edge her back facing Nathan as her tail swished lazily behind her, Angel's entire body was dripping wet but she did nothing to dry off. Instead she stood there with her eyes closed listening to their surroundings and letting her body dry on it's own

He swam up again, getting more air. He saw her back at the camp. He swam towards her. The fur clung to his skin, revealing his ripped muscles. He sat on the rock and relaxed, looking up to the sky. The thought of the fish made his tail sway back and forth.

She looked at him for a moment and smiled slightly, it wouldn't be so bad hanging around with him from time to time. However, she wasn't so sure about being his mate or anything else. Sure it sounded nice and she understood that the fate of their kind was their responsibility, whether it was by destroying it or helping it to survive by getting pregnant and having children. The only problem was that she had no clue how she felt about him and she didn't want to raise anyone in the sort of world they lived in now.

He looked up at the sky as his fur dried. He thought about his current situation. Here was the only female left of his kind, and the fate of their race was in their hands. But he wasn't ready or probably even prepared. This day and age they were only prey. How cold they take care of children's if they were always on the run. The thought of her as at legast a friend did make him happy, a smile spread across his lips.

Angel started a fire and put some fish she had caught earlier near it to cook, sure being a Neko meant she could eat raw meat but it always tasted better to her when it was cooked. Turning she studied Nathan for a moment, "want any or are you going to eat yours raw? Since it's still day time the smoke won't be that noticeable so it's safe"

Back
Top Bottom