Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Touch of Death or Life (sinfulrook)

Noel had a regular day after he had gotten home, eating his dinner in his apartment all alone, since he didn't have enough money to buy a house yet, but had the money to pay bills. He went to bed and couldn't sleep for a while, his mind on Tena for some reason. Once he fell asleep, he slept silently.

In the morning he woke up from his alarm clock and turned it off, yawning and doing everything he normally did in the morning: shower, breakfast, and then go out to do his daily routines for work. This time was different, he decided to go do his gardening at Ken's house first, knowing Ken probably wasn't home. As he arrived, he went into the backyard right away and wondered if Tena would be at her window watching.

Tena went to her window after she finished some house work and some home school work. She then sat there reading waiting for Noel to show up. When she heard the gate to the back yard open she looked down with a smile as she saw Noel. She then put her book away and put her gloves on before heading down to him. "Hello Noel. How are you today" She was happy to see him and she was happy that she did not go out to the roses last night so they were still alive.

Noel smiled when she came down and put his things down beside his feet, looking at the garden. "I'm good, thought I should start here today and maybe come back again later." He told her and then looked at the alive and healthy garden. "How are you? I hope your dad didn't yell at you again when I left..." He said to her apologetically almost. He didn't know why her dad yelled at her, but perhaps it was just some family matter he shouldn't put his nose into. He left his bag where it was and went to grab the hose, turning the water on.

"no he didn't yell at me." Tena lied but she did not want Noel thinking he was getting her into trouble. "So what are you doing with the garden today?" She was willing to learn more it was better then staying inside all day. She needed the sun more then just though her window. Plus she wanted to be close to someone she never got to be close to people because she was to dangerous.

Noel heard the lie and handed the hose to her. "You are going to water the plants again, and I might plant some seeds and I could show you how." He told her with a smile and helped her pull the hose over to the plants so she could water, standing next to her and watching her do it without the need for him to tell her that she needs to water somewhere else some more. "Tena, when I told your dad about the bird, he seemed angry when he left, and then I heard some shouting..." He said honestly and then looked over at her. "I'm sorry for making him yell at you." He said, not knowing why still.

"ok... plant some seeds that sounds fun." Tena said with a smile as she started to water the plants like she saw Noel water them many times before. She was good at all thing just because she would watch him every day. She loved how he created life so easily. Tena looked to Noel then back at the garden and said "Its ok we always get in fights it was because i was outside he got mad he just dose not want me to get hurt since i get sick if i get to much sun on my skin." Tena said lying once again.

Noel nodded to himself slightly. "I see." He told her and then went over to his bag of tools, having seed packets already in it and went over to the empty space, putting his bag down and then telling Tena it was enough. "Just put the hose down, we'll need it to water the seeds." He said to her and pulled her gently over to the empty spots, digging up a small hole once and putting a small seed packet in one spot, burying it and marking it so they would know what's growing there.

Tena put the hose down liked she was told then moved to Noel and knelt down. she helped make holes for the seeds and helped plant them as best she could with her gloves on. "What seeds are these?" Tena asked wanting to know what they were planting. She loved helping him make things grow instead of watching as things died like she always had to do.

Noel looked at her and smiled when she helped him plant the seeds. "These will be tulips, I think they're the 2nd best flower, right after roses." He said with a smile and slowly got up, wondering what time it was. "So is the sun really that bad to you? I mean, you're out here now and you don't seem getting one bit sick." He asked her as he held his hand out to help her get up and off the ground.

Tena smiled and said "i like Roses and Lavender the most. Roses are beautiful there the best flow ever." Tena watched as Noel got up off the ground as he spoke about something she did not want to talk about. "Its because im mostly covered and im hiding a lot of it so i can stay out longer with you." Tena lied as she took his hand and stood up. She hated lying to him s he wanted to just tell him the truth but new it would never happen. She could never tell him the truth or her dad would get mad and she was sure she would loose Noel if he new the truth.

"Tena, I don't think anyone deserves to be yelled at constantly, it just doesn't seem right." He told her honestly and went to go grab the hose, handing it to her so she could water the seeds. "And you should try to stay out longer periods of time so you could get more used to the sun, maybe then you won't get sick. It's like a vaccination, you take in a little bit and your body fights it until you're immune." He told her with a smile and helped her water the garden some more.

Tena sighed then said "He is just concerned and stressed thats all." She looked at the hose then took it and watered the seeds as she said "ill do my best to get more son but i only can come out when by dad is not hom i dont like to worry him." She said then finished watering the seeds and started to out the hose away. She then looked to Noel and said "I should go back inside and rest before i get to sick."

Noel smiled and watched her put the hose away, taking off his gloves and going over to her, putting his hand on top of her head, not touching her skin. "Thanks for helping me, and be safe Tena." He told her and then walked away from her sadly towards his things, packing everything up and starting to head towards the gate to the backyard.

Tena flinched as Noel touched the top of her head. Not even her dad would do that in fear that he would touch her skin and die. "your welcome. thanks for teaching me how to plant seeds." She wished she could just hug him and stay close to him but she new she never could. Once he was gone she went inside and up to her room quickly changing out of the now dirty clothes and into clean clothes and gloves then she went back to reading by the window.

Noel went back to his van and packed everything up, planning on stopping by once more just so he could see Tena. After making all his routes rather quickly, he came by Ken's house once more, as to not raise any suspicions that he came earlier. He grabbed his stuff out of the van once more and went to the backyard, still sunny outside and the ground already dry. He went to the backyard, making sure to make the gate opening rather loud for Tena to hear.

Tena sat at her window reading and soon fell asleep in till the loud noise of the gate opening woke her up. She looked down and smiled as she saw Noel but she new she could not go down since she could hear her dad in the house. She hated being trapped in the house when the person she wanted to be around was free to rome outside. She waited till Noel looked up at her before she dropped a note to him the said

I cant come down dad is home im sorry.

Just as the note made it to Noel, Ken walked out of the house and up to him. "Noel how is the garden doing do you need any extra money for anything that died?"

Noel quickly read the note and hid it just before Ken came outside to talk to him. "The garden seems to be blooming beautifully, and no, not today, I'm jut happy to be working for you anyways." He replied with a smile and then looked up to look at Tena, then looked back at Ken. "Say Ken... Is it alright if your daughter came out here to help me? I mean, every time I come here she watches me do my work, maybe she could help me water the garden a bit?" Noel asked as kindly as he could, hoping Ken would have a change of heart for his daughter.

Ken looked up at his daughter then said "no she is to stay inside i dont want her getting out where its dangerous. Anyways she is late for her lessons" He said the last part loud enough for her to hear him then watched as she moved away from the window and headed to her lesson. "Please forget about her she does not need that hope that she can be like everyone else." With that said Ken went inside.

Noel grabbed Ken by his shoulder to stop him from going inside. "What if I told you she planted some of those roses over there?" He told him honestly and forced him to turn around and look where he was pointing. "She helped me out yesterday while you were probably holed up in your office. Your daughter isn't in any kind of danger, if anything, you're the only dangerous one, yelling at her and probably beating her as well." Noel told Ken off and then shoved him back towards the inside of the house. "If you love your daughter, you wouldn't keep her locked up in that room all the time, you'd at least let her go into her own backyard just so she could enjoy the sunlight a bit." Noel said in anger then grabbed his things starting to head away from the house and towards the backyard gate.

Ken got pissed at hearing all of this. "You don't know what your talking about boy. I would never lay a hand on my daughter." Though this was for different reasons then Noel new. "You better watch what you say i can find others to do your job then you will never be around this garden or see Tena again. She is none of your concern you take care of the garden thats all your paid to do not leave her along before you get hurt." With that said Ken went inside to 'talk' with Tena about er going outside.

Noel was just as pissed as Ken was, then stopped him one more time, this time in the doorway between the backyard and the indoors of the house. "Listen to me Ken, I can report this to child services and have you arrested for abusing your child. She needs to go outside and live her own life, not listen to you and sit locked up in her room. Go ahead, take my job away from me, it still won't stop me from reporting you to the authorities for child abuse." Noel told him and walked away, grabbing the water hose and turning it on. "And I'm rather sure I wouldn't get hurt, especially not by someone so weak as yourself." He taunted her father, wondering if he'll attack him.

"You know nothing of the situation You could never understand why i do this." Ken yelled then slamed the door. He leaned against it then muttered "She is to dangerous and likes you to much that is why she should not go out." He then headed to his office to think. Tena had heard what happened and new this was all her fault she new she should not have ever gone out and disobeyed her father. She had hoped Noel would not tell him she had asked him not to she trusted that he would never tell Ken she helped him. After a while her father walked into the room interrupting her lessen to say "i dont want you going around him any more your getting carless what if you touch him then what will you do." Tena sighed and nodded sadly she still was not going to stop but she sure was going to talk to Noel about what he had done.

Noel watched Ken go inside and was just as mad. He wasn't going to report Ken to the authorities, at least not yet. Noel had to do his job now, and so he grabbed the hose. He rolled it out and turned on the water, going over to the flowers and starting to water them with a gentle shower, letting the water hit the petals since it didn't seem like the sun will be up for much longer, and so it was safe to let the plants get some much needed humidity. As he watered, he glanced back towards Tena's window every now and then, wondering if she'll be alright.

Tena went back to her lesson after her talk with her father then after the lesson she went to her room. Once in her room she went to the window to see if Noel was still there though she did not think he would be since it had been a while well she was in her lesson but she still wanted to check just in case he was then at least she could watch him well he worked.

Noel finished watering the garden and looked around the garden, spraying some bugs off the flowers and everything else. It took him a while, and then he also had to weed the garden out, since some new weeds were begining to sprout. It was a long job, and it took him a few hours, the sun barely shining anything within the first hour of his weeding. He was upset and didn't want to do anything for that man anymore, but instead he kept his head level and did his job like he should.

Back
Top Bottom