Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Touch of Death or Life (sinfulrook)

ukeshadow

Supernova
Tena sighed as she looked out from the second story window her shoulder length light brown hair blowing in the wind as her brown eyes looked over the wonderful things outside her window. It was her room window with a wonderful view of the garden in the backyard. The garden was tended by what she liked to think of as a wonderful man. To her this was a man who could do anything. Tena lived alone in the big house with her father, Ken, who kept her almost locked away from everyone.

Ken hide Tena from the world because one touch from her skin would kill anything and well he did not want that to happen but he did not want to loose his daughter. Ken tried his best to keep her from everyone not letting them know about her deathly ability.

Tena did everything possible to leave the cage of a house to go out to the garden but every time she touched the rose's that she loved so much they would wilt and die. It happened every night when she went out alone then when the roses were brown and dead on the ground she would leave in tears.

One day well her father was out of the house at work Tena took this opportunity to go out and view the garden closer in the day time. as she was out there she saw a hurt bird so with out even thinking she went over to it to help the bird but as soon as she picked it up with her bare hands since she forgot to put on her gloves the bird died bringing the girl to tears.

Ken's personal gardener, a young man named Noel, who was only 22 at the time, had finished college with a major in computers, but he abandoned that dream and moved on to another: gardening. Noel loved plants and creating life with his two hands. Whether it was planting a seed to grow a few flowers or veggies, all the way to digging up trees to replant them somewhere more safe.

Every day he'd come back to Ken's home with the same problem, the roses would be wilted and shriveled up after just a day or two. He didn't know what to do, so just every day he'd ask Ken for money to buy new roses to plant. Of course, Ken didn't hesitate to pay, and Noel was more than happy to make the garden alive again.

On the day that Ken's daughter decided to come outside, Noel was just heading to the backyard from around the side, and just as he approached the gate, he heard weeping. He rushed to the backyard and saw a young lady, crying on her knees over a dead bird. He rushed over to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, not remembering her name since Ken never talked about her other than the day they met.

The 18 year old girl was covered in long sleeved shirt and pants her face and hands were the only thing not covered but the day she had first met Ken her hands had gloves on them. She had forgotten her gloves inside and because of that the small bird died and Tena felt so bad for what she had done but no one new of this deathly power of hers and her father hated it and how it made his life harder.

Tena looked up at the kind voice and saw the man before her that she often watched as he worked hard on making a beautiful garden. She then looked down to the small dead bird and said between sobs "Im sorry... i didn't mean to... im sorry" She was so upset that she could not even really explain what happened. She just wanted to help the bird she did not even think about the fact she forgot about her gloves.

Tena was not letting go of the poor dead bird she just wanted to help him fly again but she killed him instead and it hurt her so much that she just stared at the poor bird dead in her cold white hands.

While having gloves on, Noel slowly took the bird from her hands, not realizing she had killed it. "It's okay, just relax and take a few deep breaths." He said and looked at the bird. "All we can do is give it a proper burial." He tried to calm her and put one hand on her back gently, rubbing it to try and make her stop crying.

The girl may have been only a few years younger than him, but she was a beautiful girl, that he couldn't deny. He slowly stood up and took her hand, helping her stand up with him, hoping her tears would fade soon. Noel hated nothing more than seeing girls cry, especially pretty ones like Tena.

Once she stopped crying, he took his gloves off and carried the bird over to a small spot in the corner of a garden, where there was nothing planted yet, but he was planning on burying the bird there and planting something ontop of the bird's grave as a memory.

Tena did her best to relax as she listened to Noel's voice. Slowly she started to stop crying as his gloved hand rubbed her back. Not even her own father got this close to her since he new what she was capable of doing he feared dieing if he got to close. she never had anyone touch her and try to calm her down so having Ken there was nice even though she new it would not last she could not let her father find out she left the house.

Tena's tears faded as they walked over to the garden where there was a spot they could berry the small bird. She then helped Noel make a grave for the bird and she watched as the bird was buried under the dirt. She then stood up and looked at Ken with a smile. She was a little better now that the bird had been buried but she still felt bad for touching it and killing the poor thing. "Thank you Noel" Tena said softly.

((His name is Noel, Ken was her father incase you don't remember from your first post XD))

Noel stood up and nodded, putting his gloves back on. "It's not a problem Tena." He told her with a smile. "I have to tend to the rest of the garden now if you don't mind. I just don't understand how the flowers keep dying so quickly." He said as he went over to the dead roses and started digging them up, having a new set of roses to plant with him. He put the dead roses aside, next to him on the ground, then carefully planted and watered the new roses, one at a time, taking up some time.

He kept thinking why the roses kept dying, and the only thing he could think of was animals, but he didn't know that it was Tena that was killing everything she touched, nobody ever told him and he never witnessed it.

Tena smiled at Noel then she watched as eh worked on the roses she had killed yet again. She just wanted to know that they felt like. She heard and saw on tv that they were soft but every time she touched them they just died not letting her find out what they feel like. She soon looked away and headed inside to clean her hands before her father got home she did not want him to know what she had done she new he would get mad and yell at her. After washing up she went to her room and watched Noel work. She did not know if he new she always watched him but she was never going to stop. She admired how he worked with the plants and kept them alive and well.

Noel worked for about an hour or so on the roses, then had to tend to the rest of the garden that was still alive, watering the tree saplings and trimming rose bushes. When he got up one time, he looked back at the house and saw Tena watching him, then waved at her with a smile. He knew she watched him a lot, but he wondered why she had to stay indoors all the time. He wanted to ask Ken, but he didn't want to lose his job either, so he left that matter alone, it was none of his business. He heard Ken come home and waited for him to come to the backyard, talked to him about a dead bird that he buried to use as mulch in the corner for something else, then watched him go back inside.

Ken came home and talked to Noel. when he found out what happened he told Noel he did the right thing then he gave him some extra money for what he did and some money for any thing he needed for the garden. Ken then went inside and headed to his daughters room to talk to her about what happened. After a small fight with her he went to his office room to work.

Tena sighed as she was yelled at for going on and for what she had done to the bird. Tena then went back to her window and sighed knowing she would not be able to talk to Noel again not after what happened.

Noel heard the fighting while he was trimming some more hedges near the wall of the house. He didn't know why they fought, but he felt really bad for the poor girl. He looked up and saw Tena in her window once more. He stepped back a little bit and motioned for her to come outside.

He didn't want such a pretty girl to be locked up in her room all this time. He was going to show her how to take care of plants, but mainly he just wanted her to be outside and appreciate life, not just sit in her room and mope all day long, it wasn't healthy. He went back to the hedges, hoping she'd accept his invitation to join him outside.

Tena smiled as Noel looked up at her and motioned for her to come down and out side. She was not sure what to do she had already gotten in a fight with her dad for going outside but she did not want to stay inside. After thinking for a minute she got up and put her long gloves on that went to her elbows then headed outside.

Once outside she went to Noel with a smile. "Hi" She said softly as she walked up to him and looked at what he was doing. She hoped he did not ask about why she was wearing so much since it was a very hot summer day. she would not know what to tell him if he asked but she also did not want to think about it.

Noel looked up at her and smiled. "Hi yourself." He said to her and finished up what he was doing, quickly. Afterwards, he tood up and wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Why are you wearing so much in this heat?" He wondered, but he probably shouldn't have asked, so before she had a chance to answer, he pulled her over to the roses.

"Here, I'll show you how to take care of the roses." He said to her and knelt down with her, digging up a spot for a rose showing her how to plant one, not using his hands, but helping her plant it on her own. He wasn't going to let this poor girl just be locked up alone inside her home, she needed some sunlight rather than just some from her window.

Tena smiled as she watched Noel then when she heard what he asked she was trying to think of a reason why but before she came up with one she was pulled away and over to the roses and thankfully for her further away from her fathers office window.

Tena knelt down and watched Noel then did as she was told and with her gloved hands she planted the roses. "There beautiful" She said as she looked at all the roses in the area. She just wished she could feel the silk like feeling the peddles had. She wanted so much to know what plants felt like but she new it would never happen she would never know what it was like to be like everyone else.

Noel smiled when she planted the rose and couldn't help but ask her anyways. "Thank you, but why do you wear those gloves if I may ask?" He asked her a littly shyly, not knowing if it was a personal preference or is she had some sort of skin damage or what. She seemed too beautiful to be locked up.

"And perhaps you know why the roses keep dying?" He asked her curiously once more, since she seemed to look out her window at the garden a lot, maybe she saw some animals or something digging them up or someone intentionally poisoning them when he wasn't around.

Tena thought for a moment then she had an answer for him that would cover for the amount of clothes she wore as well as the gloves "My skin is weak to the sun so i keep covered as much as possible or ill get really sick." Tena hated lying but she new she had not other choice in the matter she had to tell him something and that was the best she could come up with on the spot.

"As for the roses im not sure...... probably just a touch of death" She whispered the last part then stood up and asked "What else can i help with the garden?"

Noel stood up with her and looked around, not knowing what else there was other than watering all the plants. His mind was lingering on the whole 'touch of death' thing she was talking about. "Nothing else really other than watering everything." He told her and went over to grab the hose and the spray attachment on it. He hauled it over to where she was and handed it to her, turning the water on beforehand.

"What do you mean by just... a touch of death?" He asked her, wondering what she really meant. His whole life he has seen things wilt and become sick, but he'd always manage to nurse things back to life, even if it meant taking days or weeks to do so.

Tena smiled and took the hose and started to water the plants hoping she was not watering them to much. She had always watched Noel work so she was trying to mimic what he would do and how long it took him to water plants. She new if she messed up he would help her like he did with the roses.

"Its nothing just a saying for a reason why something would just die over night. Its not like anyone would have a reason to poison the plants and a animal cant do that to them." Tena said as she worked.

Noel stood next to her and watched her water the plants, pointing where it was a little more dry so she would water there more. She was doing really well, almost as if she was a gardener herself. He was very impressed at how well she was doing everything, barely needing his help.

"Maybe a neighbor does it out of jealousy, and skunks normally poison plants when they use their nasty spray." He said and shuddered at the thought of a skunk. "Either way, I'm just happy to work for some money, and happy I get to see a girl like you every day." He mentioned her and blushed a little, looking away.

Tena new she was pushing the subject to much but she could not help but say "Can a skunk kill them like that over night." She soon finished watering the garden and put the hose away after turning it off. She did not know why she was trying to make him think it was something else it was not like she could ever tell him what she was doing that it was all her fault that the roses died so often.

Noel watched her put the hose away and he thought about it a little bit. "Well not even poison can kill it overnight... But then who or what could do that?" He asked her as he went over to her by the hose, then turned to look at the beautiful garden when he was by her. He was impressed that her plantings ended up the same way his did, she had talent for gardening as well, but he was wondering still why she had those gloves on.

Tena looked to him then said "i dont know what could do that to the garden." She hated lying to him she wanted to tell him the truth but she did not want to scare him away and she was sure if she told him her father would yell at her for it. Ken was so scared that people would freak if they new what she could do and he was scared the police would take her away from him. He had worked hard to keep her safe and he was never going to let her go. Tena looked around some before asking "Will you be heading home now that the gardening is finished?"

Noel sighed and nodded. "I guess I have to, nothing left for me to do here." He said with a slightly disappointed voice. He looked over at her and put his clean but yet gloved hand on top of hers. "I'll be back tomorrow, maybe I can show you some more things." He said with a bright smile, wanting to spread his happiness and life to her as well. She seemed so sad and lifeless almost when she spoke, it was rather odd.

Tena watched him and nodded then said "If i can get out of the house ill join you." She liked being out with Noel and she was sure what skin was showing would love it as well. "Noel can you not tell my father that i was out here with you. He dose not like be being outside since the sun is not good for me." She was trying to keep to her lie and not mess up but it was hard when she hated lying to him.

Noel nodded at her with a smile and pulled away from her. "I never saw you out here, only in your window." He told her and began walking away. "Take care now Tena, be safe." He told her as he waved to her and walked out the side gate of the backyard, closing it on his way out and going out to his van, putting all his things away in the back and closing the doors on the back, climbing into the driver's seat and looking at the house. Tena... He thought to himself and then slowly drove away.

Tena stood there watching as Noel walked away. She then looked to the garden and said softly. "im sorry Noel its my fault the roses die" She then turned around and walked to the back door and walked inside. She put her shoes away and headed to her room. As she walked into her room she took off her gloves. it was the only area of the house she was aloud to keep her gloves off with out getting into trouble by her father. She then sat on her bed and sighed before picking up a book and reading till dinner.

She did not do much all day and during dinner she talked to her father about how she liked how the garden looked but this only got her yelled at for the bead bird and the roses. After dinner she had a shower then went to her room and stayed there for the night. in the morning she hand breakfast alone since her father was at work again.

Back
Top Bottom