Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Bird in Tangled Thorns (Remake)

Ishu

Supernova
She sighed and tapped her fingertips on the red plastic cup that she held between her hands. Her friends practically dragged her to a party that she didn't want to go to. They claimed that she needed to study less and party more. Yeah, ok, she liked to study. She had amazing grades without even trying. She just wanted to get ahead, she didn't care about parties! Honestly, she did not like socializing. Not with alcohol.

Acacia sighed and moved her hair over her shoulder. Her hair, like her skin, was white. She had a rare form of albinism that only affected part of her pigment. Her eyes were still pale, a light blue, looking down at the alcohol and fruit mix in her cup. She kept a grimace off of her face long enough to look up when one of her friends bumped into her.

She barely moved out of the way in time to avoid alcohol from spilling onto her white dress and light blue cardigan. She exhaled a relieved breath and frowned at her friend, "What are you doing?" Her friend just laughed and wandered off with a boy to dance.​

Partying, a great way to kill time, a good way to entertain your friends, and a good way to meet new people to entertain yourself in a variety of different ways, the best ones being finding a piece of tail to play with or picking a fight. Tonight however Dominic was more in favor of doing the first one, he wasn't the one throwing this party and he had promised his friends that he wouldn't start any completely necessary fights that night.

He was even dressed to be on his best behavior, instead of his trademark ripped up t shirt and jeans he had managed to find something clean, his jeans only moderately torn and the t-shirt, a Sex Pistols concert shirt still intact. Even his hair had been recently cut, no longer did the messy black locks hang over his vivid green eyes.

Walking through the door the first thing he did was grab a bottle of vodka from a nearby persons hand and take a long swig from it before passing it along to someone else without looking. From that point he looked out over the assembled people in the party, watching them mingle drink and dance until his prey was picked out, she looked like a delicate flower in the weeds that were most of the people currently at the party. With a grin spreading across his face he approached her slowly, putting in mind those who saw him a stalking animal. “You look pretty good.” He whispered into her ears as his hands found her hips and pulled her close, not caring to hear any objections.

Her delicate hands fumbled with her cup and spilled some water onto the floor. Blushing, she stepped forward and looked back at the person who had decided to touch on her. Pressing her lips together, she reached down and pushed on one of his wrists, "Please, let go of me." Her voice was soft but did not carry a demanding tone very well. The English accent, however, made her sound a bit more serious when she spoke to him, her eyebrows knitting as her light blue eyes stared up at him.

Acacia was indeed from Europe. She finished her basic schooling there and requested her parents send her to America for college. She did not expect the partying to be this bad, and she certainly didn't expect some random boy to touch on her. Despite his crude forwardness, she could not deny that he was handsome. Perhaps if he had better manners she would consider him.

Back in Europe, she was not good with the gentlemen. She never gave them what they wanted- because she didn't want to partake in sexual activities. She was too... pure and goal-oriented to bother in idle games with boys and men she did not care for. Sex was the last thing on her mind.

She was pretty damn good looking when viewed from behind but when she turned around Dominic could see that she was gorgeous, and that accent of hers, that hint of class that it gave her somehow made her come across as stronger and more delicate at the same time. He almost wanted to let go of her right then and there but he was hardly the type to be subtle about what he wanted, when he was after something he just went for it, blunt and head on until he had exactly what it was the he desired, doubt never entering his mind.

“Relax.” He encouraged her as one of his hands left her hips, the other hand holding on tightly while he reached out to grab her another drink, not knowing that it was only water that she spilled and ended up getting her a cup of jack and coke. Holding it out to her he did his best to put on a charming smile, knowing just how heavily the drinks at these parties tended to be mixed in the favor of the Jack. “This is a party, have a drink, tell me your name, maybe have a little bit of fun... just sitting in the corner by yourself alone is always a little depressing.”

He could be quite charming when he wanted to be, and right now he was turning it up as best he could, a dark charisma that helped him get whatever it was he wanted with nothing more then a smirk and a twinkle in his eyes that practically told you what he had in mind.

Her hands took the drink he handed her instinctively, the scent of alcohol and soda lifting into her nostrils. She did not plan to drink it but the gesture was nice. Also, on the plus side, he did back of a bit. She looked up into his face when he asked for her name and smiled when he mentioned how depressing it could be sitting, or standing, alone at a party. But when she looked into his eyes, those green, mischievous eyes, all she could think of him was that he reminded her of a snake. A darkly charming snake but nonetheless- he had fangs.

"Acacia. My name is Acacia." Forgetting for that moment that she was holding alcohol in her hands, she lifted the cup and took a sip, her eyes shutting and her eyebrows knitting together as the harshness of the alcohol hit her like a brick. She brought the cup back down as her features recovered from the blow and she gave the cup back to him, "I'm sorry, I don't drink." Perhaps she should have worn a sign, or maybe she should have used a permanent marker to put that on her forehead.

Dominic smirked a little as she revealed her name and sipped from the drink, it seemed that they were getting somewhere but seeing how she nearly spitting out her drink he had to keep himself from laughing quite a bit at it. “Good, we are getting somewhere now.” He said with a small smile as he took the drink from her, not like he could actually force her to keep drinking, especially when there was more jack then coke in the cup. Instead he passed it off to someone else who was passing by without taking his eyes off of his intended prey.

“I'm Dominic, and I happen to find it kind of strange coming to a party where everyone is boozing it up if you don't drink yourself.” He pointed out, now actually chuckling a little bit that her face no longer looked like she had bit into a lemon expecting an apple. “If you want we can get out of here, the both of us can find something better to do.”

He brought up the irony of her presence and felt the need to explain herself, "My friend- she made me come here," She smiled awkwardly and began to fidget with the hem of her cardigan. She watched him hand the drink off to someone else as he told her his name and she thought it was nice, fitting even for his appearance. Acacia reached into the pocket of her cardigan and took out a little red ball, twisted it open and rubbed something onto her lips, then twisted it back together and stuffed it back into her pocket.

"Oh... well-" This man, Dominic, wanted to take her somewhere else. Alone, she presumed. "I, er, don't know. I only know your name." She wasn't exactly prone to wandering off from her friend(s) with complete strangers- or just one stranger for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom