Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ishi's Travels

"No?" Ishi almost sounded disappointed. It was a surprise, but not an unpleasant one. But she caught herself before she made a fool of herself. At least, she thought she would look like a fool. She turned her head from him quickly and simply said, "Yes, I'm sure that would be best in the future." It was then they laid out the picnic.

It didn't take long for Chumana and Iona to return. Chumana was learning to walk faster, that was for sure, she beat Iona to where Ishi and John were sitting, making sure she sat on the opposite side of ishi that John wasn't on. she might've collided with the food if Ishi had not placed her hand on her chest to get her attention, telling her mentally that humans ate differently than dragons, and she was getting a rare treat to share a meal with them. So Chumana impatiently sat down, thinking that humans wasted a lot of time.

Soon Iona was nestled close to John as Iona said/asked, "I think Chumana is hungry, what can I offer her from this feast? Perhaps we should feed the kids first, then we can eat in peace?" She was sure he would agree, Iona alone was one thing, even Chumana alone was another. But the two of them together, that was an adventure.

As John pointed out what Chumana could have, it took everything inside Chumana not to grab it with her mouth immediately. But she waited out of respect for her humans, as Ishi fed her one piece after another. Quickly, Chumana ate each morsel quickly, and seemed to relish the taste of it. "Mmmm, this is different, I like it." Chumana told Ishi. Turning to John, Ishi asked, "What sort of meat is this, because Chumana seems to love it. Is it different that the meat she gets from the butcher?"

John had caught the no that Ishi uttered, although he wasn't quite sure what it was that she was saying no about and so made a mental note to ask her about that later, but at the moment he had to focus on making sure that none of the food was eaten by Chumana that wasn't meant for her. Luckily though, he had Ishi there to keep her in line so he didn't have to do much except point out what it was that he had prepared for the Queen. He didn't give them a name for the food as he started to get Iona's own meal together, putting the largest and freshest tubers and roots and he saw Iona grimace at the sight of them. "You need to eat your vegetables to Iona if you want to be a good Trainer." he coaxed before he piled on her plate 3 roast meat slices, breads and cheeses onto her plate. "Now eat up so you can become a good trainer like Ishi is." he said with a smile to the little girl who began to eat the meats first.

He started to gather his own food when Ishi asked what sort of meat he had gotten for her. "It's roasted vex worm and the meat is somewhat of a rare delicacy. That's mostly because the meat is normally quite poisonous, even enough to make a dragon seriously ill, but if cooked just right with the right spices it can be made to be quite a culinary experience, so I'm glad Chumana is enjoying the meal." he said with a small smile towards the little Queen before he began to put more food on another plate and then handed it to Ishi before servicing himself.

Ishi had to smile listening to Iona complain about the vegetables, but she said nothing. John had taken the responsibility of Iona, and he didn't interfere with Chumana. So she would say nothing, not that she would add anything. When John told her what it was Chumana was eating, she looked at him concerned. "You gave the little Queen something that could've been ....... cooked wrong?" Ishi chose her words carefully. She was sure Chumana did not know what poison was, but she did not want to think anything that would upset her. "How did you know it was cooked properly?" Ishi decided right then, this would be the last time Chumana would have the treat, unless John had it made himself.

Reaching for her plate, Ishi began to nibble on the various foods. It was very very good. Unfortunately, she was still rather full from Brunch. But Ishi kept busy feeding Chumana and herself. Even offering vegetables to the dragon, who, like Iona, had no desire to eat them. "John, can we postpone our training together until tomorrow? I think I'll need to sleep tonight after I tuck Chumana in for the night. We probably should be going back soon, I also have a date with Ulteth." She giggled.

John nodded his head and he understood why it was that she was concerned but he wasn't all that worried, as he had fed it to Ulteth a few times when he was just a drake and had done something good and deserved a reward. "While I understand it, you have nothing to fear for her Ishi. It can be cooked wrong, but the hold has the best cooks in the land and they wouldn't want to ruin the food. Plus I told them it was for the Queen and the took extra care to make sure that they followed the recipe to the dot and I watched to make sure that it was done so. Trust me Ishi, I wouldn't feed her something I myself wouldn't be willing to eat." he said, taking a small morsel that remained and ate it himself to prove his point before he returned to his own food.

Just as Ishi, he was much too full from the brunch he ate earlier and only ate a tiny amount of the food he had packed for them all, and when he saw Ishi doing the same he understood why as he felt the same as she did, and hearing what she said about heading back, he could only agree eagerly. "Yes I'm sorry you two," he said indicating both Iona and Chumana, "but we've been out for awhile now. Your bed times are fast approaching and I have something that needs attending to while Ishi is helping Ulteth." he said with a chuckle as he wondered how she was planning on getting that done. She was going to need a lot of oil if Ulteth was in desperate need of it.

Iona moaned when she heard that it was soon to be her bedtime, but then she let out a small yawn and looked over at Chumana with a sleepy look. "Chuminie sleepy too." she said in a small voice as she hugged herself close to John, "but I don't want to go to bed, Iz wantz to ztay up with you Eshi." she muttered before falling asleep in his lap and John looked down at her smiling before looking back up at Ishi with a smile. "How's Chumana holding up?" he said as he stroked the little girls hair.

Ishi was reassured by John's explanation of who cooked the meat. "Good to know." She agreed. Turning towards Chumana, she stood up and gently lifted her head up so Ishi could look into her eyes. "I think the walk back home will be good exercise for all the food she's has here. So perhaps we should start." Ishi smiled at John, so glad the day had gone well.

As John walked ahead with Iona in his arms, she walked side by side with Chumana. "I wish I could carry you, my love, but you, but I am not strong enough." She exchanged mentally with her. Chumana nodded, "Yes, but one day, I shall carry you." She said with a smile. Ishi's head immediate went towards her, "And how do you know that?" Again, Chumana smiled as if she had found a great prize, reminding Ishi of Iona in many ways. "Ulteth told me." Immediately, Ishi understood why Ulteth was so willing to spend so much time with Chumana. "Ahhhh, I think it will be a most interesting day when it comes." Again, Chumana nodded. They were nearing the Hatchling building and Chumana was just too tired to speak.

Before entering, Ishi waved at John as he left to put Iona down for the night. Chumana entered the building with great dignity. One would have had to know her well to even see the hint of tiredness within her. Soon she found a nice, clean sandy part of the room and laid down heavily. Walking up to her, Ishi told her she would return to oil her and left. It wasn't difficult for Ishi to get help, she discovered. She had only to ask and two or three young men willing carried a barrel of John's premixed oil to the Hatchling for her. She rewarded each young man with her sincere appreciation and fetched a small bucket, filling it with the mixture.

Quickly she advanced to Chumana who was already asleep. Gently she began to tend to her, but still Chumana awoke startled, until she saw Ishi, at which time, she laid her head down once more and just layed there, moving when Ishi needed her too. The oil feeling good against her skin. Her scent was that of a young girl wearing her mother's expensive perfume, and turned the heads of both human and young dragon as they passed by. It took an hour before Ishi finally was satisfied she had found every spot. Wiping her hands on a towel she had brought, she gently placed her hand against Chumana's cheek, "Sleep well my sweet Chumana. I love you and always will. I shall return in the morning." Ishi had finished just in time. The hatchlings that had been born with Chumana were already gathering around her. The males shoving for a prime place next to her.

As Ishi took the bucket and filled it once more, to the brim this time, she turned to look at the scene. It was amusing to realize that Chumana was already looked upon as a prize for just a glimpse of attention from her. Slowly her eyes lifted to Ulteth starring down at her. "I did not forget, my friend." She grinned. Ishi could've levitated up, but instead, she told Ulteth he would have to lift her. Ishi often amused him, perhaps that was why he loved her so. Ulteth had never loved anyone but John. John was his reason for living. But Ishi had captivated his heart first, long before John had laid eyes on her. And that was something Ulteth would hold dear. Never would he have believed he could feel so close to another human.

As he lifted her up, Ishi felt very much like Iona with John, and a giggle escaped her lips. Once he placed her gently next to him, he said, "I knew you would not forget." Nuzzling her he added, "John does a fine job, but he just doesn't have a woman's touch." He grinned. "I watched you with the little Queen, you are very gentle with her, Ishi. I've never seen another take as good care of their queen as you do Chumana." His voice soft, and only for her to hear. "Even the old Queen, who pretends to sleep, has watched the interaction between you and Chumana. I would say that it would be good if you were to befriend the Old Queen, I feel jealousy may rise within her. But, no one, other than their own trainer, has ever tried to speak to the old Queen on a regular basis. It won't be easy....but then, you don't seem to take the easy path, now do you?" He chuckled. Ishi came to the edge of the loft, her hand instinctively reaching up to scratch behind his ear, as she looked down at the Old Queen. "She would not hurt her child, would she?" Ulteth sighed softly, "It is not unusual for the Queen that is leaving to be jealous of the new Queen. But I sense something else in her. Her trainer has never cared for her position, and we have all known it. She could have been a great Queen, Ishi. A truly great Queen, if she had had someone like you."

A tear formed in Ishi's eyes, and she quickly turned as one fell down her cheek and onto her shirt. "I will do what I can for her." Was all she would say about the matter. But Ulteth already knew Ishi's mind was working on the matter. "But right now, I need to primp my friend so he is handsome for the ladies...." She giggled, wanting to lighten the time between them, though the old Queen laid heavy on her heart.

It took more oil to tend to Ulteth. Using the little Queen's oil, she reasoned that it was John's dragon, surely he would make enough for both dragons. She started on his head, going over every inch of him slowly and carefully. Every time she found a dry spot, a satisfying sigh would escape him. She found it encouraging, and smiled when she knew she had hit the right spot. She had worked down his back and both sides, now she climbed his massive leg. She found one particularly dry spot where his thigh rubbed against his stomach. "Oh my, this is very dry. Does it hurt?" She was surprised John had not found it. But she had to admit, she had already worked over an hour on her friend and still had a lot more to do. Wiping the sweat from her brow, she filled both hands with a heaping measure of oil and gently rubbed it into his flesh. Ulteth shuddered from the cool, soothing mixture. "That really is a nice oil." Ulteth said, "I wish John had made it long ago." He chuckled.

Once Ishi had finish his leg, she still had his other leg, tail and belly. But Ishi was exhausted. She had had a long day. "Ulteth, I think I need to take a break and a drink. Let me rest, and then I'll finish the job." Ulteth would not complain, he was enjoying this, so he encouraged her to do that. If she couldn't go on, he would not be upset, any other trainer would never have done this well for their charges. He just appreciated how far she had gotten. Wiping her hands of the oil on a clean cloth she had brought for this. She couldn't believe how soft her hands were all the way up to her elbows. Walking over to the water barrel, she opened the lid, dipped into the water with the dipper and took a long drink. Wiping her mouth, she closed the lid and came back over to sit near Ulteth. Softly speaking out loud, she observed, "You really care for the Royals don't you? I have seen how well you care of Chumana. I appreciate your help with her, my friend. But when you spoke so of the Queen, I realized.....or I think I have......you seem to have a connection with them both. Why is that, my friend? What connects you to them so?"

John smiled and carefully picked Iona up in his arms and followed Ishi back towards the Hatchling building but then veered off to head to his home and after that he had another matter to attend to but for now focused on who was now his adoptive daughter. He carried her over to his home and then gently laid her down to bed, but not before he helped her change into night clothes. She stirred a little at that but John hushed her and she nodded her head sleepily and put on the clothes that he got for her before laying her head back down onto the pillow and was once again off to daydream land. He smiled down at, and this was weird thinking it, but he smiled down at his little girl and bent down to kiss her lightly on the forehead. "Sleep well Iona, your gonna have a big surprise waiting for you in the future." he whispered and then left his home to seek out someone.

While night was falling, not everyone was going to sleep just yet and he walked until he found the home of the, out of a lack of a better word, the taskmaster Barbosa. John knocked lightly on the door and no sooner than he did, did a giant of a man step into the doorway and crouch so he could step through and then looked down at John. "What is it that you need? I haven't gotten any orders for any new homes, storage's or just about anything else, so I hope you have some work for me dragon rider." he said sternly and then stared down at John who only beamed up at Barbosa. "Well then you will be happy to hear that the soon to be Queen Ishi has demanded that a new home be built in the gardens for a little girl. She hasn't made anything specific yet but I will be asking her how she wishes the home built tonight. I just need you to get ready to build it. How does that sound?" he asked the man who merely snorted. "So long as it keeps me busy." was all that he said and then he stormed back inside his house and the sound of tools being gathered could barely be heard from the other side. John chuckled, knowing that the man was happy to finally be doing something productive for a change.

With a bounce in his step did John then make his way over to the hatchery, finding himself to be wide awake now, and stepped lightly on the sands until he stood just below the edge that was Ulteth's perch. "Ohhhhh Ulteth," John called out and waited for his tail to wrap around him and pull him up, and the sight he was greeted with made him laugh some more. "You look like you've been kept very busy Ishi, " John said as he moved over to her side and took one of her hands into his and kissed it, noting how soft and delicate smelling it was, and then looked up at Ulteth who was practically glowing, "and you look very happy. Come, lets get you all finished up, and you've done enough Ishi. You can continue if you want, but I'll finish it." he said and then moved over to the bucket that Ishi had brought up with her. He dove his hands into its content just to find that Ishi had used the oil for her Queen on Ulteth. "Ishi, this was made just for Chumana." he complained to himself but just shrugged it off and moved over to begin lathering up the stuff onto Ulteth's belly.

Ishi's eyes widened when she heard John's voice. Soon, Ulteth had him near her and he mesmerized her with his touch and kiss upon her hand. As was Johns way, he immediately took over the care of Ulteth with Ishi telling Ulteth mentally, "I'm so sorry, my friend. I should not have stopped." A small giggle coming from her as John partially scolded her for using the little Queen's oil. "But why shouldn't Ulteth have it as well, since he will sire the next queen?" She waited to see the reactions of both of them. She had known this for a while. She had watched the two of them together, and it had been given to her like a vision in white. Plus, her questioning Ulteth's interest in the Queens and their well being ceased, once she understood what would come one day.

As both turned to look at her, she began to laugh hysterically, even covering her mouth so he would wake everyone in the building. But they both seemed to copy each other with their eyes bugged out, mouths open, and she couldn't help but fall over laughing, holding her stomach. "Oh, if only you could......see your.....faces." She laughed. "You would ....... laugh......too!" She continued to laugh, with both of them looking at her like she was insane.

John sputtered something incoherent, but it was Ulteth that spoke first, mentally to both, "I have no interest in the child! I am merely being helpful to my Queen. Ishi, this time, you are wrong. I have John to work with, I have no time for such things." But Ishi sat up and giggled at the redness around his throat. She didn't know if that constituted blushing, but she took it as such. "Ulteth, I didn't say you would sire her tomorrow, silly. But one day, you will change your mind. Just don't worry and continue to be her friend. I am glad she is asleep, not that she would understand all this completely, but I wouldn't want things to be awkward between you." Ishi looked from one friend to the other, and just sat there smiling. She thought it was wonderful news.

John couldn't believe the words that came out of Ishi's mouth the next time she opened it, but John was completely shocked that she would even think of such a thing. Although while it was true that when the Queen did get old enough there would be a mating, John didn't think that Ulteth would do such a thing since he would be older than the Queen, not to mention that he would have known her since she had fist hatched. Out of all the mature dragons, say maybe the old Queen, only Ulteth stayed around and talked to her and helped her learn. He didn't once think of the two of them mating and having baby dragons together. "Hemublagh," John said, mushing the words into one of whatever it was that he was going to say before he shook his head and calmed his heart a little.

"Ehm," he said as he cleared his throat and looked at Ishi from his work and shook his head a little. "Ishi, don't you think your getting a little ahead of yourself? You don't even know how the mating process for dragons works. The Queen will take flight when its time and all the dragons of all colors, except blues and greens for whatever reason can't mate, and they will take flight with her and they have to be able to keep up with the Queen. Its a way of weeding out the week so only the strongest of them can sire her. Ulteth will be older, and I'm not saying that he won't be in shape, no, its just that age has a way of affecting all creatures, great or small." he said sadly as he looked up into Ulteth's eye which only stared back at him with a combination of blue, green and violet, "And you also don't know the emotional connection between rider and dragon during such time."

He then returned to the work that Ishi had started on Ulteth before she brought such a shocking, yet also intriguing idea as he went and dipped his hand into more of the sweet smelling oil and then went back to work on dabbing it and rubbing it into Ulteth's stomach. "Before I forget, I saw someone who will start making that home you ordered me to have built. He just needs to know how it is that you want the home and then he will get started on making it to your specifications." John informed of her as he looked over his shoulder to see how she would react hearing that he was going to fulfill his obligation to Iona.

Ulteth said no more about the matter, but simply listened Ishi to John tell Ishi all the reasons why he couldn't. However, Ishi wondered if, as Ulteth's rider, he had not felt the skip in Ulteth's heart. The look of hope within his eyes. And now, as the flame of that look seemed to subside the longer John talked about what could not be. Ishi just shook her head at John and rose from where she sat and walked to Ulteth. Gently she brought her hand up to him and slowly stroked his cheek. "Do not listen to what has always been, my friend. I tell you, you shall sire the next queen. Not because you are faster or in good health, but because she shall choose you above all others. As she grows, she shall see what I saw the first time I met you. She will have no other. This I promise you."

Ishi knew that John thought she was wrong, and she accepted it, as she continued to stroke his chin, then neck, making her way to where John was putting the oil on Ulteth. "And you should get use to the fact that what i say is true. For you shall be the rider of the new Queen's consort. This is why he should be bathed in the same oils as my little Queen." She said softly. Even then, she could feel Ulteth's entire demeanor change, and it made her smile.

Pulling away from them both, Ishi walked over to an opened window and leaned against the sill as she looked out across the landscape. She was tired and wanted to go to bed, and yet sharing what she had known for a while now filled her with excitement. It was then that John shared the fact that soon his house would begin to take shape and she turned quickly, smiling at him at the thought that Iona and he would have such a beautiful place to live. "Oh that's wonderful!! But why would I design it, it will be your house, not mine." Ishi just shook her head and crossed her arms as she walked back towards them. "All you have to remember is to make sure she has two room to herself, just a half wall separating the two, but not on the sides, a smaller wall in the center of the divided rooms. That way she will have a bedroom and a playroom. And when she gets older it will be a wonderful place for her and her friends to hang out and play games." It was something Ishi use to dream about growing up, if she had had even one parent that is.

Looking back towards the window she mused, "Perhaps I should have a living quarter built near Chumana. If I we should ever want to get away from royal responsibilities, Chumana and I could come stay with you and Iona for a few days, if that would be alright. Especially when Chumana wants to spread her wings more." Yes, Ishi was already thinking into the future and what might or should be done. She could see it unfold in her mind. Even made allowances for the unknown. She couldn't help but smile to herself of what type of future that might be. Suddenly she yawned and stretched. "John, if you want to talk more about the house, could you walk me back to my room? I will probably need to stop by the cafeteria for some coffee and a sandwich on the way for us. And.....maybe you could let me sleep an extra hour tomorrow and feed my baby?" She laughed, looking over at him.

John was almost done with his task of finishing putting the sweet smelling oil, which Ishi said with much confidence that both Ulteth and Chumana would be the two to mate and should therefore be bathed in the same oil, which caused a small chuckle from John. She seemed very confident that Ulteth would be the king of dragons and have children with Chumana. Who knows, maybe that will be the future outcome and John would just have to adjust to it is all. Its not like he could change the future anyways, he had to accept what happened. He just hoped that, if such was to be the future for them both, that she would be prepared for when her little Queen finally did take flight and did what she had to do to continue the dragon race.

Finishing dabbing the rest of the oil on Ulteth, and seeing that they ran out before they could finish with him, John turned to Ishi and shook his head. "I didn't have enough prepared to care of a full grown dragon, only enough so that you could oil Chumana several times before running out. Now we're going to have to see the herbalists tomorrow as well, but for now come," he said as he moved over from underneath Ulteth and approached Ishi to take her hand into his with a smile on his lips, "lets get you that sandwich and coffee." he said, and without letting Ulteth take them down John walked them both off the edge as he knew Ishi would keep them from hitting the ground and hurting themselves. He hoped at least.

Once they were on the ground safely did John then continue to speak as they left the hatching grounds to go to the cafeteria to see if they had any leftovers or some coffee for her. "You seem almost confident that this is how everything is going to happen Ishi. Can you see the future as well?" he had to ask before chuckling to himself mainly, "but I do hope you will be ready for that day when Ulteth sire's Chumana Ishi, we'll both be in for something crazy." This time he did not forget the mental link between dragon and rider, also recalling what happened to the previous rider to the Queen dragon. She herself had gotten pregnant that day with the man her dragon had bonded with. "Why is it that you want the two of them to be together though Ishi? Do you really think Ulteth loves her and that she will pick him when the time comes?"

Ishi was still being amused by the shock floating about Ulteth and John, when John ran out of oil. "Poor Ulteth, I'm sorry, old friend, that you didn't get a complete oiling. Maybe next time. Tomorrow I shall pull all my future royal weight to get gallons and gallons of it." She smiled up into his eyes and gave him a hug. Ulteth told her, "You have given me much to think about, Ishi. And, I must hide my feelings better in the future." He chuckled. "You better not, Ulteth, I rather like your feelings." She whispered into his ear.

Then suddenly John was ready to get the food and head somewhere to discuss the house. His hand taking her's seemed to be something she had gotten use to, for she reached out and grasped his. However, his confidence in her did surprise her. Stepping off the edge with assurance made Ishi feel he trusted her, and it also made her feel warm inside. Indeed, they did have a soft landing, and as John asked her if she could see the future, She answered, as she looked back at Ulteth one last time and waved. "Just my Chumana's future it seems." But then he went on to speak of them both being in for something crazy moments if Ulteth and Chumana did mate. Ishi looked at him funny, but said nothing. The night air, the full moon and the stars...oh those beautiful diamonds that twinkled in the darkness...... left questions by the side of the path, to be spoken of at a later date.

But she did answer his last question, "I do not want or not want them to be together. You have not seen how Ulteth treats her when she is left in his care. Nor do you see how she looks into his eyes with such admiration. I do not believe my Chumana is even aware she cares for Ulteth already, but Ulteth has loved her the moment she was born." Ishi glanced at John, "Do you not notice and feel these things as well, John?" It was still difficult for Ishi to come to grips with the fact that most people do not do, feel, or know things as she did. She almost felt sorry for them, for she would be lost without them. But then, perhaps Ulteth wasn't even aware of just how deeply he cared for the little Queen until Ishi pointed it out.

Once they gathered a couple of sandwiches and coffee, Ishi suggested, "Why don't we go to your rooms. That way, if Iona awakes, she will find you there. And it would give whoever you left to care for her a chance to go home and sleep." She was sure John wouldn't mind this arrangement, as much as he doted on the girl.

John frowned a little when he aid that could only see Chumana's future, as he would have loved to known a little about his own, but powers didn't work exactly as one hoped. He himself knew what that was like, rubbing his lower right arm for a moment, glad that Ishi seemed to have forgotten about the fact that he had performed magic in her room when they had fort met. It was a secret that he was trying to keep hidden from everyone, although a few knew without him wanting to and Ulteth was one of them. He though would keep it a secret instead of revealing it to others though, so true was he to his rider, and John was glad that he had a bronze dragon such as him for he was truly one of a kind.

Once they had all of the sandwich's and coffee that they would need Ishi suggested that they head back to his room so that way if Iona was to awaken then he would be right there for her he merely nodded his head. "Alright Ishi, if thats where you wish to talk." John said but his voice sounded like he was a little disappointed, but he didn't show it on his face as they walked back to his room and he held the door open for her before following her in as well. Iona was still fast asleep in her bed and John smiled as he moved over to the little child and stroked her hair a little before kissing her. "She's gonna need more than me though you know Ishi. She needs a mother. A father can only do so much for a little girl but he can't replace what she needs from a mother." he said absentmindedly before turning towards her with a small smile on his lips, if it looked like a sad one as well.

"Well now that we're here, what is it that we need to discuss Ishi?" he asked as he took one of the sandwich's to bite into it and chew slowly as he looked at her and sighed.

Ishi was surprised at John as he opened a sandwich and took a bite, "Not in here, John. We might wake Iona." Ishi just shook her head, took John's hands, waited for her to gather the stuff and pulled him out of the room into towards the living room. "Also, I thought you needed to find out my opinion so you could get the builder right on it. But I now realize, you need to sleep and so do I, so let's sit down on the couch, eat, drink and get the basics down."

Letting go of his hand, she sat down on the couch took the food and coffee cups, setting them on the table and opened a sandwich to eat along with John. "Well, you need the basics, like a living room, a place to cook, a room for you, Iona and myself when I visit. Perhaps you should have a loft outside where Ulteth can perch, maybe even Chumana when she comes with me?" This was getting exciting. "Oh and a wash room of some kind? And Iona will need a closet for all those frivolous dresses you insist she wear." She smirked. "And the cooking area must have lots of storage."

Eating some more, she began to think of where she would live, once John and Iona was gone. It was then it hit her, and she almost chocked as her head jerked towards him . "Wait.....are you getting married? You were looking for a mother for Iona and you never thought to tell anyone?" Her brow creased, her eyes hurt. How could he call her a friend and not tell her another woman would be coming into their lives? Besides, what kind of woman was he even thinking of bringing around, and would she and John's closeness change? Ishi suddenly began to turn her eyes away from him, sat her uneaten sandwich on the table not knowing if she should get up and leave or ..... or.......what else was there that she could do?

Standing, "I wish you had told me. You'll have to completely change the design .....and ..and really John!! Don't you think your future wife should have a say in how your new home should be?!" Tears formed behind her eyes and not wanting them to spill in front of him, she ran to the door, then to her room. Closing the door, she locked it, went to her bed and held her hands over her ears so she would not hear him if he came to the door. She should've been happy for him, but she wasn't. Inside she was feeling an emotional bedlam of what she should feel and what she did feel. Never had she be plagued with such a whirlwind flowing inside her.

John couldn't help but chuckle at himself for not thinking more clearly that they could possibly wake Iona up in her room if the two of them should get overly excited over the prospect of the new home and so let her guide him out of Iona's room to sit down in the living room. He was glad that she was there for while he would have thought of some of the basic things, like a living room, kitchen and bedroom for each of them, he would have never thought of adding on another room for Ishi or having a loft built for Ulteth and maybe even Chumana whenever the two came over, but he would have never thought of making Iona a large enough closet for all of her clothes, and especially the dresses he would be getting her, and John looked over at her when she suddenly asked him if he was getting married.

John was confused by this as he didn't recall even saying anything about getting married, at least he wasn't planning on it yet until he was sure of how the woman felt towards him, and he was going to tell her this as well but before he could say a thing she had already stood and then stormed off for with tears, leaving him there confused as to "What the hell just happened?" He thought everything over, and only what he had said earlier would have set her off as he said something about a mother then. "Your kidding me," he said with a shake of his head and then sighed before standing up and headed over to Ishi's room. He tried to open it at first but it didn't budge at first. John sighed as he leaned against the door and focused hard. His power was fickle and sometimes it would do weird things, like if he was unlucky he would blow the door open. but luckily he merely passed on through it like he was just passing through water.

Standing there in her room in a short daze, John followed the sound of Ishi's crying until he stood behind her as she lay in her bed and then he walked over to take her hands into his and looked her in the eye. "Ishi, I said I was looking for a mother for Iona yes, but I haven't found a woman who I thought that could be the mother I want her to have. There is, however, one woman that I think she would love very much Ishi," he said and despite her struggling he kissed her gently on the lips, "and that woman is you."

Ishi was secure in the fact that she could cry and feel sorry for herself and there was nothing John could do about it. She wasn't even sure why she was upset, really. But somehow she felt she was loosing something. Perhaps she had become too comfortable with how things were. She had had vision of how she, Chumama, Iona, Ulteth and John would live out their lives just as they were now. Again, her world was being torn apart and she had no control over it.

Ishi was not aware that John had abilities, so when she felt him take her hands, she tried to jerk away in fear. But then she saw it was John, glancing at the door wondering how he got in. His words rushed over her and she only got a few words, "haven't found a woman.......only one woman that Iona would want..." Then he kissed her. Not a friendly, best friend type of kiss on the cheek or forehead, but a full frontal, warm kiss that said I want more than just friendship...type of kiss. ...and that woman is you. The words froze her in place, as she looked into his eyes.

Slowly, her shoulder moved back as she slipped off the bed and moved away from him. Walking to the window, she wrapped her arms around her in a protective move and gazed outside. "I...I can't be a mother, John. I don't want to be. Iona.....I love being around her, but....I am Chumana's caregiver, and thats all I can be."

Back
Top Bottom