Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Far From Home (FaolanTelep and Dark_Knight)

It had started off as a normal day for the young elf. She had woke long before the sun had begun to peek over the horizon. The air around her was already warm, as was normal for the start of summer. She pulled on a shimmery silver dress, leaving her forest green cloak in it's spot beside her bed. It was going to be a very warm day today and there was no chance of rain so she would not need it. Luna wanted to feel the first warm rays of the sun against her skin. Long, sky blue hair was brushed carefully. Her hair was streaked with several different shades of blue, both lighter and darker. Bright blue eyes glanced slowly around the room, eying her sword for a moment. Luna rarely made her morning rounds through the forest without it, but today was different. She left her sword in its place, grabbing only a small pendant ocarina on a leather string. Hanging it around her neck, she headed down the stairs and out of her little inn.

An hour had passed when Luna paused. She was nearly halfway done making her normal morning rounds through the forest that surrounded her inn, and she had heard very little noise in the forest. This was the time when the night's creatures should be returning to their homes to rest and the early risers should be starting to stir in their dens. The elf frowned, sharp eyes examining her surroundings carefully.

“What is going on?” She mumbled to herself as something squealed wildly from the bushes nearby. Luna stepped forward to see what was going on, crying out as a flash of light blinded her. The elf blacked out.

After what only seemed like minutes, the elf slowly came to, struggling to her feet. Her head was pounding and her eyes hurt. She tried to blink away the spots, shivering...shivering? Why was she cold? Luna glanced around. The area she was in was...very unfamiliar. Were those buildings beside her? They were so tall. The ground beneath her was unusually hard and the air was cold, wind nipping at her bare legs.

“Where am I?” Confused and still trying to blink the spots from her eyes, Luna began to walk down the alleyway. She was obviously not in her forest anymore. Where was she now, and how did she get here? Spotting a group of men at the end, she approached them slowly. Luna stopped, suddenly aware that approaching them was a bad idea. They turned and ran at her, the little elf trying to turn and flee. Everything that happened next was but a blur to her-the men had forced her down, kicked her and hit her. Luna struggled hard, finally managing to scare her attackers off with a bit of simple magic. The damage had been done, however. Luna was covered in bruises and several gashes. One of them had drawn a knife on her when she resisted, and it felt as if a few ribs had been bruised. She stumbled forward, collapsing on the ground. Her entire body hurt-Luna had never been this wounded in all of her life. The frozen ground made her shiver wildly, her now tattered dress offering her almost no protection against the cold wind. She watched in amazement as a few flakes of snow drifted down from the sky before blacking out.

"Aww... I was only a few minutes late, no need to keep me in detention this long." The young man grumbled, as he walked at a quickened pace to get home, thoughts of the warmth of his apartment dancing in his head. For Syrus the day had started out normal enough, having woken up later than he should have, which was very much normal for him, thanks to his faulty alarm clock, he had struggled to put on his school uniform at a quickened pace as he dashed off at too school in the hopes of still making it in time, another normal occurrence for him. But despite his best efforts he was still a few minutes late, as he tried to sneak into his desk as the teacher looked away, only to be caught mere inches from his desk by Ms. Joana, the strict elderly "bitch in the mud" he would say stick, but he figured bitch was equally if not more so helpful in describing the tired old hag. Doing his best to come up with an excuse for today's absence, all he could blurt out was "Um... well... you see... funny story..." before miss Joana promptly gave him detention, sadly another typical occurrence for Syrus.

The rest of the day going by without the least bit of divergence from the norm, Syrus wished at times for some "different" to happen, but discredited the thought by wondering why he would want to change such a peaceful life such as his, though he could do without Ms. Joana... or the detention she so willingly handed out to him.

Then came the dreaded time, the last bell having rung, the other students were free to go off to their homes or club activities, unlike Syrus who was to stay in a classroom by himself as Ms. Joana kept a watchful eye on him. In all honestly though, the situation wasn't too bad, it gave him enough time to get his homework done, the only problem was the remaining hours of boredom that occurred after he was done. This school had an interesting policy on repeat offenders, every offense, after the first, led to an increase of 5 minutes to detention time, and now at 3 hours he was quite the repeat offender. Though he actually deserved more than just 3 hours for all of his "crimes," Ms. Joana put a limit to it at 3 hours because she couldn't keep him past the clubs, though Syrus thought it was just because Ms. Joana wanted to go home herself.

The boredom now at an end, he quickly packed his things and went out into the winter wonderland he called his home town. It being close to November, the temperature had dropped and some even expected more snow soon. Regardless he bundled up, wearing a nice warm red jacket, and several layers of pants, though that wasn't even enough, as the cold seeped into any open spots of flesh causing him to shiver at times.
Taking the same route as always, he eventually made it to the alleyway that served as a bit of a shortcut to his house. Navigating though the small pathways, he eventually was stopped in his tracks at the sight of a girl, and while this wasn't that odd an occurrence him having stopped to take a look at a beautiful girl or two a few times in his life, this was quite the different reason that he stared and quite the different reaction. His eyes wide, his mouth a bit dropped, he couldn't help but to blatantly stare at the beat up and bloodied girl before him.

Thinking that this was none of his concern and that he should not get himself involved in what could be a murder, his body acted before his mind as he hunched over her and began to examen her wounds. The bumps, bruises, and small gashes apparent, he placed two fingers on what he thought was the artery in her neck. Feeling a fast, but steady heartbeat, and low breathing, he was a bit relieved to see that she was alive. Thinking about maybe calling an ambulance, he unfortunately had no phone to call, having left it at home due to his rush in the morning, he then decided to call from home and have them pick you up, only to walk a few steps and then return, thinking this cold weather was no place to leave someone in your condition.

Taking a deep breath, he hunched over and picked you up, only to now notice that your ears were oddly shaped, his eyes a bit ascewed in surprise him having looked over them initially due to your wounds. "At least she's not a fatty..." He said to himself as he noticed you were quite light and a bit short, he then made his way to his house and put you in his bed. And while, he originally thought this wasn't his problem, as he stared down at your now covered figure and face he knew it was... at least until he calls the ambulance and they get here.
1189288181_AnimeBoy51.jpg

(This is just an idea on how he looks like, save for the outfit.)

The elf remained unconscious as she was carried to his house and laid in his bed. After a few minutes had passed she stopped shivering and began to stir, eyes flickering open. Luna sat up slowly, letting out a low groan as she clutched at her sides. Her body ached badly, but she could already feel her wounds starting to heal up. It would be several days before they were fully healed, but at least they were beginning to scab over. She would need some warm water to wash them with soon to keep away infection...Her thought trailed off suddenly as she blinked away the fuzziness and looked around.

“W-who are you...?” Luna blinked, suddenly realizing she was not out in the cold anymore, and that there was a young man who looked close to her age standing there in front of her. Blue eyes looked him over slowly. His ears were rounded and his eyes were green-he must be a human, she decided. This made her nervous. How far from her inn was she? There was over a hundred miles between her little inn and the nearest village. She would have noticed if someone had recently built a house nearby.

“Where am I?” She asked before he could answer her first question, frowning. The elf looked around slowly. This was a very strange room...she had never seen one like it before. She did not see any sort of candles, but she did see a strangely shaped orb on the ceiling that reminded her of the orbs she used at home to light the inn when the sun set, using just a little magic. Maybe he could use magic too, though it was very rare for humans to learn. Then, maybe he was a mage. A young one, but the spell to illuminate a small orb was very simple and it was something Luna had learned to do a long time ago.

The lady continued to look around, waiting for his answer as she kept her hands on her sides. It helped ease some of the pain-one of those men from earlier must have bruised a few of her ribs.

"My bed is gonna be full of blood huh?" He said under his breath, as he gazed at your hurt figure one last time before turning around, with the intent to walk to his phone and call 911, in the hopes of getting you some medical treatment for your condition. "... well, it did need to be cleaned anyways." He said attempting to look on the bright side, despite the weird situation he got himself into. Taking a few steps to his phone, which lay on the table where he "conveniently" forgotten it this morning in his ultimately futile attempt to reach school on time.

"Hmm... I wonder if anyone woulda found her, if I wasn't late going back to school..." He contemplated for a second before, taking his phone into his hand and unlocking it. Suddenly his ears seemingly perked up upon the sound of an inquisitive voice from behind him. Turning around, just as he was about to make the call, his wide eyes displayed the fact that he was quite surprise to see you conscious, and even more so to see that you began to move arounds a bit after having taken a look at all of your wounds.

"Woah, woah, woah..." He said, as he suddenly dropped the phone and, almost sprinted towards you placing his hands lightly on your shoulders, and gently pushing you back onto your back. "You shouldn't be moving around much, you really hurt..." He said, as he searched for words, knowing how disorienting it must be to suddenly walk up in an unfamiliar place, though he had no clue exactly how unfamiliar this place was to you. "Look the name is Syrus. I... um... found you in an alley, and you seem to be beat up, so I took you back here to get you some medical treatment. I was doing nothing weird, I promise..." He said those last few words, as he pressed his hands together almost in what looks to be a prayer.

Luna resisted as he sprinted over to the young elf and forced her to lay back down on the bed. She sat back up, ignoring any further protests he had about her being too injured to move around right now.

"Syrus...thank you for helping me. Had those men not caught me off guard and without my sword I would have been fine. They were nothing but cowards and fled when they saw that I was not some silly human girl they could harass." Bright blue eyes looked him over slowly. He seemed honest enough, and she believed that he had brought her here only to seek help for her.

"There is no need to fetch a doctor or healer, whichever you might have nearby/ I can clean and bandage these myself. They will be fine in a few days. Could you get me a bowl of hot water, a rag, and a few bandages if you have any?" She said this while looking over the wounds once more to make sure none of them were as deep as they looked. Luna was so engrossed with making sure that every muscle and nerve was working properly that she had forgotten about her unfamiliar surroundings for the moment.

"Swords... human girl... she's probably doing better than I figured she would be in that condition, but maybe she got a few screws loose... I mean I did find her on the street afterall." He thought, not sure how to respond to her little rant. "... well now that its come to this I gotta see this through, and make sure she gets some sort of treatment." He continued as he looked upon the proud girl, she was obviously in alot of pain as she checked herself for any scratches and bruise, as well as for checking if she could move most of her body.

"Okay, look..." He thought for a second before realizing that he didn't know her name, "... you, while I know you won't go to a hospital so they could check you out." Her seeming like the type to attempt to escaped as soon as the coast was clear. "At the very least, you are staying here until your wounds are healed, I'll get you what you need so you can properly address your cuts and bumps, be right back." He said, as he left only to come back moments later with a first-aid kit, and small pot of warm water. He them placed them to your side, as he popped the first-aid kit open, while quite full, it seemed like many things were moved around quite a bit, as if it had been used quite a bit.

Once Luna was satisfied that everything was working properly and had taken no permanent damage, she looked at Syrus. He had offered her a place to stay while her wounds healed. Luna decided that she would indeed stay. She was in an unknown area. Luna would have to take a moment to figure out how far from her home she was, and the thought of being injured in a foreign area with no weapon made her frown. What had possessed her to leave her sword at home? The elf rarely traveled anywhere without it.

"Thank you for your help." Luna's voice softened as he reappeared with hot water, and a strange looking box. As he opened it and began to shuffle through it, Luna peeked into the box. Nothing in there was familiar to her, besides the small roll of gauze. Even that seemed to be made of a strange material.

"What is all of this?" She frowned, pale fingers brushing strands of her blue hair behind one of her slightly pointed ears.

"You've never seen this before..." Those words left Syrus' perplexed face, as he tilted his head to the side at her question, things just seemed to become a bit more out of place as he spoke with her. Even if she was in fact a homeless person, who wasn't all quite there, she would at least at some point come across things like disinfectant, band aids, and rubbing alcohol as they were quite commonplace. Yet this girl stared at them with about as much confusion as he had reacted to her question with. "This may take some explaining..." He thought.

"Well I guess it can't be helped. I'm going to have to give you a run down of how these things work. Um first off..." He said, as he stared at the box trying to figure out what to first explain. "I guess we'll go with the rubbing alcohol, this..." He said as he held up the bottle. "... is used to disinfect wounds, so as to make sure they don't get infected. Um... well I guess thats a bit redundant isn't it. Anyways..." He said before a brief pause. "... the band-aids are used to cover up smaller wounds, they have a sticky part on each side that helps to latch onto your skin until you decide to take it off..." He continued to rattle off what each item in the box did, until he had explained everything. "So do you have everything you need, or will you need more help in... applying this stuff."

As he rattled off a list of every item in the strange box, Luna's frown grew. Where was the White Leaf, to grind into a paste and mix with water to better clean her wounds. There was no Blood flower petals or Elven Nectar, to slow the bleeding and speed up her abnormally fast recovery rate, either. What was this rubbing alcohol made of? What herbs turned such a clear color when it was ground up and added to water? And how did he make the bandages stick like that? They were so small.

"I...I think I will need help. I don't know how to use any of this." Blue eyes looked at him, a confused look on her face. Just how far from home was she? How did she really get here? Luna glanced around the room again, looking for something familiar to comfort her, but there was nothing. She had never seen any of these things before, but this boy acted as if they were common items, and mostly everyone knew how to use them.

"You never seen this have you...?" He asked inquisitively, his head still a bit cocked to the side as he contemplated on how someone could go through their whole life and never had used such items. Maybe she was luckier than most, but, at least for now, she didn't seem all that lucky, the visible bits of blood around her body a reminder of her misfortune.

"Maybe I should have explained things a bit better..." He continued to ponder. "... not that I know the dynamics behind how these help in healing, but at the very least if I at least made it sound smarter than she probably woulda felt better about this." He continued, as he began to prepare the items, grabbing the alcohol and drenching it within a cotton swab. While he was no amateur at taking care of wounds, they were mostly his own, this would be the first time for him to treat another person. "Um... hold out your arm..." He said, as he had finished his preparations. "... this make sting a bit..." He said, holding the small swab and placing it upon a small cut, hoping to take care of your smaller wounds and then move on to the bigger ones.

As he applied the rubbing alcohol, Luna flinched, but did not pull away. The clear liquid stung worse than any herbs she had ever applied to her cuts before. As the stinging sensation began to fade away, Luna frowned. This boy did not seem to know much about tending to a person's wounds. Luna always cared for the larger wounds first. Those required the most attention and could result in infection if left open for too long-or worse, the person bleeding out. Maybe this rubbing alcohol worked differently.

"Have you ever tended to an injure person before? You never start with the little cuts and scrapes. It is the larger cuts that must be cleaned and bandaged first."

"Other than myself. Nope." He said, plainly as he continued to dress and fix the smaller wound. "... but considering I'm the only one here with any such knowledge on how to use these things, I figured I would have a better shot than you at the moment." Him now wrapping a small bandage around it.

"I also figured that I might as well start small too make sure I knew what I was doing..." He explained, as he finished up with the bandage, it wrapped snuggly around your arm, but not tight enough to to hurt or strain you in any way. "Well there you go, here let me take a look at your bigger wounds now, I should be able to take care of those..." He said, as he prepared more rubbing alcohol and disinfectant.

Luna nodded. Starting small to make sure he knew how to use the rubbing alcohol on someone else was a good idea. When Luna was using a new mixture of herbs she always started with a small cut or scrape to make sure it was the right proportion of each herb. As he began to prepare the disinfectant to use on her larger wounds, Luna hesitated. Her dress would have to come off. It was wet and dirty, and it was going to get in the way when he started to tend to the wounds on her sides. If she kept it on much longer she was going to get sick, or worse. The dirt could get into her wounds before he had a chance to clean them and start the infection process. With a little difficulty, Luna managed to stand up. She slid the straps down past her shoulders so the dress pooled at her feet, leaving her in nothing but a pair of silky looking underwear of the same color her dress had been. Her cheeks turned bright red as she sat back down on the bed. The skin beneath her dress was as pale and flawless as the rest. Her form was curvy but not too thin at the waist. Lean muscle was hidden beneath her soft flesh, the result of years of training and living on her own.

Naked, it was much easier for him to see how badly she was wounded. Large purple bruises were already forming along each side, and in several spots on her arms and legs as well. There were cuts and scrapes along her arms and legs and a few scrapes on her back. The area over the bruised ribs was a darker purple than the rest of her bruises.

(Sorry about the last post, didn't mean to refer to you when I meant to refer to your character.)

Looking down as he began to prepare the next batch, he carefully calculated the amount he would use on the bigger wounds, and once things seemed come together in his head he gave an approving nod to himself and lifted his head. As his eyes lifted with his face, he commented, almost eagerly, "Alright, onto the bigger wou..." only to be stopped by her sudden rise, not sure of her intentions, his eyes then widened as she began to take off her tattered dress.

"Wait, um..." He says a bit to late, as she pulled her dress over her head revealing the slim figure and flawless skin that lay underneath. He couldn't help but to avert his gaze a bit, as he felt the heat find its way to his face, as his cheeks turned a shade of red. "Um..." He said, as he attempted to find a way to break the awkwardness that must have occurred, as least in his head.

In truth, he shoulda known this was going to happen, once he had offered to treat her wound, but the situation stopped his mind from forming that bit of common sense. "Alrighty, gotta just not think about it... I mean, I can't treat her without looking at her, right?" He thought to himself, as his gaze began to fall upon her once more. Making sure not to stare at any, what he would call, "danger spots" he focused himself on the wounds as he said, "Be ready, this may sting a bit more than the last few cuts." He then went to work, attending to all of the wounds he could see.

Luna refused to let her gaze meet Syrus', his reddening cheeks easily noticeable. As he applied the disinfectant to her wounds, she did not flinch. Luna knew what to expect after the first time and was able to mentally prepare herself for it. She sat still, shifting occasionally to reveal another cut or scrape that needed to be tended to. The men from the alley had done quite a bit of damage to her, but everything looked like it was going to heal up properly.

"Thank you for helping me." Luna gave him a soft smile as the last cut was cleaned and bandaged. She picked her tattered dress up off the floor, looking it over. It would need to be cleaned later, but it was not beyond repair. That would have to wait until later. Luna did not want to add any stress to her body, no matter how small the amount might be. She was already worried enough, being in a strange place some unknown distance from her little inn. She folded the dress up and set it down beside her on the bed before finally turning those bright blue eyes on Syrus, looking him over slowly.

"Alright looks like you are all set." He said as he finished with the last cut, cutting the last piece of cloth that hanged off the unused bit of the bandage. Then steadily gathering the rest of the items, he began to put the medical supplies into the their respective compartments in the small kit, taking a mental note of any items he may need soon. "Look like we are low on alcohol, possibly some banda..." he said outloud, until he was interrupted by her words of thanks.

"Don't worry about it, I had nothing better to do anyways, and leaving you alone like that wouldn't have sat right with me anyways." He replied, attempting to play it off as not a big deal, though it felt a bit nice to receive a bit of thanks. Giving her a bit of a smirk, his eyes were still careful not to fall any lower than her neck or else risk a sudden rush of heat to his head and cheeks, though they were already a bit red due to her words.

Watching the girl look over her tattered dress, he then noticed her staring down at him with her bright blue eyes. She continued to look in silence, as he began to feel every second that past. "What does she want... is there something on my face." He thought to himself, as she kept on staring, though it had been no more than 10 seconds he could of sworn minutes have gone by as he began to feel all the more awkward by the second. "So, where are you from, do you have a home near here? Or somebody I could contact for you?" He said, in his bid to break the silence.

Back
Top Bottom