Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overworked(Gemini)

"Yeah that's true. It took my friend a good while before she could get here, well, she'd been kicked out of her country." She felt she was doing Kat a disservice by talking about her like this despite not knowing where the hell she was. Jen felt horrible for it, but since Kat wasn't here she supposed she could talk about her like this.

"Oh.What does she do?" Okay now this was the difficult part. She looked away and bit her lip,thinking. "Alright. Well,she's a contracted killer.An assassin. I don't know where she is now but from what I've heard she was responsible for killing a lot of people in a building with a bomb,and shooting them when they came out." She looked away at this, and bit her lip.

"So someone who probably has a warrant out" She said "I won't tell anyone what you've told me".

She might have had a job bringing criminals to justice she knew better than to mess with an assassin. They weren't really the best of people for her to fight with.

"Let's change the subject I can tell this is uncomfortable for you" She said softly "What about you...what do you do for a living".

"Good.She'd end up killing me probably. She's incredibly dangerous. She um..got me interested in girls." She put in and looked away. Kat was a total badass and despite their friendship she made it perfectly clear that if she'd ever told anyone about her, or about her sister's rape, that the blond would regret it. "I just hope she doesn't come back, you know?"

"Umm..I'm an executive in an office. I'm basically the boss of the entire floor and I think they'll be promoting me to boss of the entire thing." She said,shrugging her shoulders modestly."It's an aggravating job though."

She looked at the girl and wasn't sure why but she put an arm around her to comfort her. This girl had been through alot and she knew that she was putting herself in danger by saying these things to her.

"If she does give me a call" She said "I'll protect you".

She wasn't sure why she said that but this girl made her feel protective.

"That's a nice job...no scum bags trying to take you out" She said said with a shrug "Something I am not cut out for".

"She's really strong.." She put in."Total badass too." Jen finished the last of her beer and smiled when the other put an arm around her. It made her feel safe, and she really liked the feeling. The girl turned her eyes towards her and nodded. "Yeah it's just kind of boring and tedious, but what job isn't? I guess the more adventurous ones are the exception but I'm not very brave, nor do I have the kind of will to do that kind of stuff." The girl said quietly,rubbing the foam of beer off of her face.

"I just can't handle an office" She said "I spent alot of my life growing up living dangerously".

Her father had been somewhat of an adrenaline junkie and stupid hustler. He'd get into trouble and she'd have to fight her way out of it. That was why he'd gotten so adamant about getting her out of the country.

"I don't think I could sit still in an office" She said with a chuckle "Though this job ain't all its cracked up to be".

"Well so does Kat." Jen said gently and looked at the other with a smile on her face. Her life wasn't as vicarious but it was still pretty hectic, what with her two jobs and taking care of her sister who luckily was spending the night at her friend's house. "I'm sure.You're pretty strong. I like that in a woman." Her face heated up somewhat and the pretty blond girl looked away,biting her lip. "Well, it is true though." She chuckled,running a hand across her pierced brow and then rubbed her nose piercing.

She looked surprised but then smiled and looked at Jen.

"You're strong too" She said "Even if you don't think you are".

She liked Jen the woman was smart, pretty, and very stable and quite independent. It made her happy just to sit with her and talk.

"Eh.Not really.But thanks." The girl said,going quiet once again and looking at her hands, almost as if she were fascinated with them. She grabbed her cell and fiddled with that as well. The blond looked up and smiled at her again,not sure what else to say. She lifted her legs out and stretched them out on the couch.The girl checked the clock, only four PM. That was good. She could relax for the entire day now. She cleared her throat and sighed,unable to keep her eyes off of the tattooed woman,though she looked away each time she saw her looking.

She noticed that she'd made Jen uncomfortable and cleared her throat and removed her arm.

"So...you're dad bought the house" She said "Its hard to imagine that one job could maintain all this".

It was a weak attempt to get onto a more comfortable subject and distract her from mentally kicking her own ass. She shouldn't be flirting with a girl who almost got raped that would just end in a place they didn't need to go.

"Yeah, Daddy bought the house. He and my Mother did anyways. He gave it to me when I turned eighteen.Was the least he could do, seeing as how all he cares about is work and they haven't spent time with me properly in years." The girl sighed and got up,walking towards the window and looking out of it. She shook her golden head to clear her thoughts. "Maybe I"ll just get drunk." She muttered, grabbing another beer and drinking that too.

"You had a proper home" She said a little sad "My father liked to gamble and leave me in the middle of it".

It wasn't her father's fault he usually wasn't able to fight the men who threatened him. So she learned how to it had given them an opportunity to earn enough money for her to leave. She watched Jen not sure why she felt sadder about Jen's life than her own.

"Home? Moving from place to place isn't what I considered a proper home." She said gently,looking towards the other and sighing. "I'll stop with the sob story.Doesn't matter anyways." Jen shrugged and sat back on the couch. Her eyes looked towards the other's and she frowned a bit,tilting her head to the side."So um.." She didn't know what else to talk about and she looked away,sighing.

"I'm sorry I just never had these things...I just didn't understand" She said softly.

She looked at her as she tried to speak but didn't say anything.

"You can ask me anything you want" She said to her "I don't really have anything I need to hide".

"It's alright..I'm sorry." Jen felt bad, for having all of these nice things, for growing up with very rich parents and more importantly for having a very well paying job plus another one she did mostly for fun. A frown laced her pretty features and she shifted around,trying to get comfortable or as best as she could at any rate.
"Oh well.." She looked sheepish. She never pried in anyone else's business because that was considered rude,so she bit her lip before she decided to go for a "safe one." That was the best route, right? Right. "So err..how long have you been doing your job for?"

"Bounty hunting?" She said "8 years".

She'd started this job when she got to America at the age of 14 she'd had enough experience fighting off men when she was younger.

"And don't feel bad...noone lives the same" She said "Besides I'm happy with my life even if I do miss home".
((Brain fail))

"Oh.Kat's been a killer for that long as well." She said gently, looking away and biting her lip. "Maybe a year longer,give or take." She shrugged and sipped her drink. The thought of having someone so tough and strong in her house gave her a sense of safety.Jen was quite glad she was there really. "I know what you mean.I do miss my home sometimes too though I do get to visit for a little while at least." Jen went quiet again and looked out the window,thinking.

"I'd love to go back if I was allowed to" She said with a shrug "But its no skin off my nose".

She gave a soft smile but she hoped her father was okay he'd stayed behind.

"Like I said I'm enjoying my life here" She told her "Plus I got to meet you didn't I".

She couldn't resist a playful wink even if there was nothing behind it. It was nice hanging out with her no ulterior motives no warrant nothing to ruin it.

Jen smiled and looked away bashfully when the other woman spoke. She rubbed at her piercings and looked back. "I'm obviously not the best to meet you know, since I got so obnoxious." She chuckled a little though and watched her wink,giggling gently. This was nice and she felt herself relaxing somewhat. She rubbed her face and yawned. "So..." She said, unsure of what to say now.

"You weren't yourself though" She replied.

She was waiting for another question but she could tell that Jen had some trouble with that aspect.

"You can keep asking questions" She told her "I won't get offended".

"Still.I feel horrible." She said and looked away. Jen couldn't help it. Leaving a good impression, drunk or not, was a priority to her and she felt absolutely terribly about it. Jen frowned,and sighed."err..have you ever um..used a gun on someone." She looked away,playing with her hands almost fixedly as she tried to clear her throat. "You don't have to answer..it's a stupid question.."

"Its okay I'll answer...yes I have" She said softly "But only in self defense...well except last night...I shot the guy to keep him from running".

She felt sick whenever she pulled the trigger but she knew that it was that or her life. If she had let the guy go he probably would have gone after someone else. He also seemed to know Jen but she wasn't sure why he did.

"I'm sorry if that's not the answer you wanted" She added "But I haven't shot an innocent person".

"Ah." Jen said,looking away a little. "I hate guns." She said gently. "My older brother was killed by one, shots to his head two times." The girl looked a little sad at this but sighed and shrugged. "Doesn't matter now, he's been dead almost ten years now." The girl put in. "And Kat has. She loves killing from what I've heard. Anyone who..gets in her way gets mowed down." The blond looked uncomfortable at that and looked away once again.

"I don't like killing...its distasteful but sometimes necessary" She said softly.

She'd almost been excessive last night she'd wanted to kill him but she knew better. The man was a creep but he hadn't put her life in danger.

"I can understand that" She said "I wish I didn't need a gun...but I know better".

She looked forward her eyes seeming distant.

"You're friend Kat sounds like an assassin" She said "I've only met one...but he was like that".

"Oh she is. One of the most deadliest out there I think. I know she's wanted by the government here. I have no clue where she is now though. Doesn't matter. I don't need to be hanging out with people like that." She shrugged her shoulders,looking at the darkening sky outside. "Um..want anything to eat? I could order something if you'd like. I just got paid today." Jen yawned and grabbed her cell.

Back
Top Bottom