Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overworked(Gemini)

Silvereye

Star
Ugh, she was so tired of working. This job in her office paid a hell of a whole lot and she got a lot of hours in, being the head executive in her branch and all, but it was SO tedious and aggravating. She'd spent hours reorganizing papers that her employee and coworker had so carelessly left laying about. She was so obsessed and meticulous about keeping things nice and neat and alphabetized and that was why it had taken so long.

Jennifer pulled her hair loose from the band that had been holding it up, long, slightly curly blond tresses tumbling out. Hmm, maybe she'd go get something to eat. Yeah, that's what she'd do. Making sure everything was taken care of, Jen walked out of her office and out of the building, stepping into her car. She revved up the van and took off,turning on the radio.

She turned into the bar and stepped out,heading inside. She knew this place served food and alcohol. She'd probably only have one beer, maybe after she ate. The twenty two year old blond sat down on the stool and ordered herself a steak and some Diet soda, sipping her drink when it was brought out to her.

This place wasn't bad at all. Pretty nice actually. Better than what shape it was in back when she was sixteen and drank here. A smile slipped onto her features as memories came back to her and when the food came she began eating,pulling out her phone and texting her friends then yawning. A lot of people were elsewhere and so she was the only one sitting on the bench. Good, it gave her more time for thinking.

((sorry about the pic but I like to see my characters and the two parenthesis are ))
mercenarylady.jpg

Lina looked up the bar and sighed softly her eyes shining with amusement.

"Not bad...but the pubs back home are better" She said her accent giving away her british roots.

She stepped into the bar looking around before going to the bartender and ordering a beer. As she waited she sat on the stood and lit up a cigarette. She was dressed in a black tank top and jeans with a pistol hanging at her waist. It was completely legal for to carry it thanks to the permit for her bounty hunting job. When her beer came she paid and took a large swig. There weren't many cute girls in the bar until the blonde walked in and her eyes lit up.

"Now here's a prospect" She said with a grin and stood with her beer.

Lina wasn't a straight girl in fact she wasn't completely a girl either. She was what was known as a hermaphrodite a girl with male parts it made for an interesting ice breaker after a couple of dates. With a sly smile she stood and walked over to the bench.

"Hello miss is this seat taken" She asked not bothering to hide her accent.

Jen finished her food and decided to order a shot of vodka and a beer. Hell, what harm could it do? She wasn't going to go out and get completely wasted so it didn't matter did it? Nope, not at all. The Scottish American stretched and looked around,smiling at the bartender and ordering another drink. "Thanks." She said, her accent having been gone since she moved her over sixteen years ago. She looked up and took a large swig of her beer,licking her lips and turned her head to the side,a smile on her face.

"Nah, it isn't.You can sit here if you want to." She asked, smiling. The fact the other girl had an accent piqued her interest,but she wouldn't say anything. Wasn't any of her business anyways, she reasoned. The blond rubbed her head and sighed. "Work absolute sucked." She put in and sighed raggedly.

Of course, she noticed the pistol near the girl's waist and at once her calm demeanor stiffened up and she turned her head away. Guns brought back horrid memories for her,her brother having died because of gunshot wounds. She discreetly scooted a little away,leaning over and nervously playing with her phone.

"Oh err..bathroom..Put my drink right there.." She said and got up,walking into the bathroom,anything to get away from that gun. Jen sighed, cursing herself for being such a wimp, but she couldn't help it. Guns absolutely terrified her.

((Sorry I had to go early last night))

"Thanks" She said with a smile.

She took a swig of her beer and set it on the table before looking over at her. It made her kind of disappointed to see the girl scoot away but she wasn't sure why the girl was suddenly nervous.

"Okay" She said as the woman got up and went to the bathroom.

With a sigh she laid her head in her hand it was time to try and figure out why the girl was nervous. Then she realized she still had her gun on maybe that's what it was.

"Oh duh" She said to herself.
(GAH BRAIN FAIL)

She couldn't go back out there, not seeing that gun. Horrible memories of seeing a shooting, and seeing bullet wounds in her dead brother's head came back to her and she shivered a bit. The girl wiped at her face and went into a stall and locked it, then sank down to the ground. "Ugh great..." Jen muttered and looked down at her hands. She was being horribly cowardly but she had good reason to. She didn't know what the woman was doing with a gun, hell she might be planning on shooting up the restaurant and bar up. "Oh God.." She muttered underneath her breath,glad at least she had her phone on her.

So if she had to call the cops she would. She tensed up, expecting at any moment to hear the sound of gun shots and people screaming. Wait, here she was, stuck in the bathroom. She'd be stuck in here unless she could sneak out. Well, better to be trapped than out there and not getting shot.
Okay Jen, calm down. She told herself. "There has to be a reasoning that she brought the gun,maybe she's holding it for someone. She did seem awfully laid back about it though. Well that's how the shooter at my school was before he shot up everyone. Damn it.." She turned her head away and let out a little sigh,running her hands across her face. As long as she didn't go out there she'd be fine. She hoped the other wouldn't follow her in here. Maybe if she kept as quiet as possible..yeah..that would work.

Lina waited by the girl's table for a few moments nervous about following her and leaving some drinks unattended. Though as time passed she got a little more nervous she was in there for awhile.

"Screw it...I'll buy her some new drinks" She said and stood with a sigh "I have to explain why I have the gun".

She went to the bathroom and noticed as she got to the door that indeed a man did go right for the drinks. There were just some people who had no scruple. She committed his face to memory before entering.

"Miss...are you in here...I don't know your name..." She called softly "Are you alright...".

She walked up to the closed stall and knocked softly not trying to open it.

"If its the gun...I've got a good reason" She added.

Jen let herself slowly calm down. She wasn't in here yet, so that was good. She brought her phone out and began texting.Well,when she deemed it safe she'd go out there. Perhaps she could make an escape through the back door.She'd have to go around to get to her van, but still. The blond let out a shaky noise, her heart still pounding hard in her chest. Blood greatly disturbed her, as did gunshots and just the sight of guns.
Then she heard the restroom door open and she tensed up completely.She heard the woman's voice and she tensed even more so. How'd she know which stall she was in? The blond bit her lip, trying not to panic.

After all she didn't know this woman and how dangerous she was. Anyone carrying a gun on them immediately made her extremely frightened of them. She was debating not saying anything at all,hoping the other would leave but then she made a sound and cleared her throat.

"Oh..err good reason huh?" Yeah, good reason. No one in their right mind had a gun for a "good reason." What was the good to guns at all? They were meant to kill, animal or human. She figured the other was going to do some killing and she'd be horribly foolish to say anything to piss her off.

She quickly covered her mouth with her hand to stop her heavy breathing. She didn't want to even look at it because if she did she'd panic and bolt out of here and part of her wanted to do that right now.

She bit her bottom lip wondering how she should go about this.

"I'm a bounty hunter...you know what that is right" She asked "I find people with outstanding warrants...this gun is too keep me safe".

She took her gun out of its holster and dropped the clip into her hand before kneeling down and sliding them under the door.

"Here...these are the bullets..." She added "I can't fire it now...so will you come out...please".

She reholstered the gun and stepped back from the door.

"Plus I owe you some drinks" She said "I had to leave your others to come in here...you can't really drink em if I leave".

She'd actually done something she'd been told never to do removing the bullets from the gun and giving them to someone else. Though she'd done it to hopefully make the girl less nervous. If she hadn't done that the girl might've panicked even worse so there really wasn't another option to calm her down.

"Yeah I know what that is..sort of. My..friend works like that except her job is..messier." She laughed a little nervously at that and flinched when the bullets went under. "Please..take them away." The blond said loudly and looked away. "I..I hate guns. My brother was killed by them and my school had a shooting a while ago. I saw someone get shot by a pistol." Jen pulled herself in tighter before she let out a ragged sigh and stood up.

"I'm not very thirsty anymore anyways. I think I'm gonna order some dessert and then go." She stepped out of the stall, and ran a hand through her hair, looking at the other still warily. "Err..I'm just gonna...go out now.." She chuckled again nervously and walked out the door and sat back down on her bar. That guy was still there and now was staring at her and she looked away. He smiled and came nearer and she pushed him away gently. "Errr..sorry not interested." She put in and ordered some cheesecake and began eating,sighing heavily and turned her head towards the guy drinking and pointing at her now.

"Whatever.." Jen grumbled, deciding to drink anyways and downing the alcohol.

"I'm sorry" She said softly "I didn't know...".

She stepped aside as the girl left the stall before going inside to retrieve her bullets.

"Bye...sorry for scaring you" She said softly as the girl left.

She put the clip back into her gun and holstered it before going back out into the bar. A couple more drinks then she'd leave that was until she saw Jen drinking from the glasses that had been left on the table.

"Just great..." She sighed then noticed the same guy earlier smirking and growled softly "I'm going to be working tonight".

She took a spot at the bar near him watching Jen closely she would not let anything happen. This guy was a definite scumbag and stood walking closer to Jen. He had to have put something in her drink but she wasn't sure so she couldn't bust him yet.

Jen did indeed feel funny and she shook her head,her eyelids beginning to drop after a good thirty minutes of staying there. The man feigned concern and walked closer. "Are you alright miss?" He asked gently and in her disorientated state she shook her head and let out a groan. The blond stood up and began walking out,clutching her head in her hands and letting out a tiny groan. "C'mon hon, I'll help ya out of here, them drinks must have been too much for ya." He said,hiding his lecherous grin as she walked out of the door and he followed.

"Wha..?" She asked, blinking slowly while she walked into her car and he followed suit. Even though her mind was foggy she still somewhat enough sense to know this was wrong. "Get away from me.." She said and he slipped into her van with her, making her yell loudly and try to fight him off. "Get off!" She screamed loudly, punching and kicking but the effects of the drugs were nearly too much for her.

The blond felt herself grow more and more subdued until she felt him pin her down and with a sob she closed her eyes and waited for it to be over with and prayed she wouldn't remember this later on.

She stood as he walked out of the bar with her and ran for the door. It made her angry that there were bastards like that. Her eyes darted around as she tried to find them until she heard the scream.

"SHIT" She swore angrily her hand going to the gun "I'll kill that bastard".

It didn't take her long to reach the van as she saw him inside her car. With an odd silence she opened the car door and gripped him by the shirt pulling him from the car. The gun was to his head in seconds as she looked at Jen.

"Are you okay" She asked her then directed her anger to the man "I oughta kill you for this...you rat bastard".

"Stop.." She mumbled loudly and looked away again until she felt his heavy form being pulled off of her. The gun just scared her even more as she shut her car door and locked it,pulling up the windows and not bothering to answer the door. "Keys..where's my keys..." She said,reaching in her pants pocket and pulling it out,mumbling words underneath her breath as she tried to lodge it into the ignition.

The man was horrified and stepped back a little. "What..business is it of yours anyways?" he snarled, though his eyes were still widened in utter fear.

"Oh God..she's going to kill him..and right in front of my car..." The blond mumbled,looking away quickly and nearly throwing up when she thought of it.Her eye sight was getting blurrier but she'd managed to start the car despite her grogginess.

"Ma'am...don't drive...he's slipped you drugs" She said loudly "Please...I don't want to have saved you just to have you crash".

She looked at the man her eyes full of rage.

"You'll keep your mouth shut and get on your damn knees" She said angrily "You're going straight to the cops...if you run I'll shoot".

She glanced from him to car as she pulled a zip tie out of her pocket. It was habit to carry it around with her but she didn't usually get a chance to use them. As the car started she swore but tried to keep calm as she moved slightly to stand in front of the vehicle.

"Ma'am don't drive...you're not in any state...if you'll wait I'll have the cops here" She said.

This situation had deteriorated fast if she stopped the girl from driving she'd lose the scumbag but if she kept the scumbag she knew that Jen would crash if she tried to drive.

Jen's eyes were flickering back and forth, the drugs in her body keeping her from fully hearing the other but she did. "Don't..tell..me..what..to do..." She said loudly, letting out another groan and she hit her horn, thinking she was driving under her drugged state. "Get out of my way you stupid pedestrian.." She said, again shaking her head and coughing a bit. The man smirked despite his fear and anger. "She'll never last..the drug I slipped her is incredibly strong..hope the stupid bitch does decide to drive. She's a whore."

"Oh God..." She said,shivering a little and looking up through hooded eyes and she stepped on the gas slightly."I'm sorry..I..I have to get out of here..it's too dangerous for me here...put the gun uuupp.." She slurred softly,her vision beginning to darken now.

"Oww..my head hurts..." She groaned and made sure the doors were locked and the windows were up. Well, if she was to pass out at least no one could get into her car without her keys. "I think I'm going to faint..." The blond held her head to her hands,rubbing it and moaning softly.

"You bastard" She snarled keeping an eye on Jen "When she's out you're ass is mine".

She'd enjoy pistol whipping this bastard for drugging Jen. When he called her a whore she almost snapped but kept her gun trained on him.

"You're a sick disgusting pervert" She said "I'm going to make you wish you'd never met us".

She noticed that Jen was going to pass out soon and hoped she would. When that happened this bastard would be knocked around until he couldn't move and the cops would be called.

"Ma'am just lie back" She yelled loudly "When he's subdued I'll call an ambulance...just don't drive".

He sneered,though he did pale when she said she was going to beat him. "So what? She's a little whore? Haven't you heard? I hope she does die.." He muttered, but Jen didn't hear him. Her eyes were half closed and she was breathing hard,her face pale and she closed her eyes. "I just wanna go home..don't call the ambulance please...I just want to go home..." She was going to faint at any moment and she backed up on her breaks a little, the car now coasting slightly.

Everything was spinning right now and she looked behind her then back forward. "Fucking hell..." She said quietly, and took her hands off the breaks, putting the car in park and looking forward for an instant, her face blank before she let her eyes flutter and she slumped against her car, unmoving. It didn't even appear she was breathing she was that far gone.

He sneered again and began backing up and then of course tried to make a break for it,getting as far away from her as possible and moving around to the other side of the van."She's dead.." He snarled, of course bluffing somewhat but was trying to push her buttons before he went to jail.Stupid but then again he was more than slightly intoxicated at the moment.

"JEN" She shouted seeing the poor girl slump against the steering wheel.

Rage took over as the man bolted and she fired missing him by an inch. As he said that Jen was dead she'd had enough.

"I'll fucking kill you" She ran onto the hood of the car aiming at him again "Freeze or I will kill you".

Jen was in trouble if she didn't kill him quick she couldn't save Jen. This had gotten really bad really fast and she knew that there was no fixing it. She quickly fired again aiming for his knees hoping she didn't miss. If he was still able to run after that she'd give him some brownie points before tying his hands.
((sorry brain fail))

He laughed at that. "Why do you care so much about a girl you don't even know hm? She's a slut!" he shouted loudly, hoping to get another rise out of her. "And Jennifer wouldn't want blood all over her car would she now? Maybe after this I'll find her again and take her virginity.." He snorted and then let out a hiss of pain as one of his knees was hit. He was running on one leg by now and he turned the corner and looked around desperately for his car, he began hopping towards it now,hoping to reach it.

Jen jerked awake again,the drug making her wake up and keeping her in and out of consciousness. "Uhh..what.." She said weakly,and shook her head. "I've got to get out of here.." She muttered and again restarted her car,beginning to pull out of the bar. Despite her dizziness the girl was fighting it and was determined to get rid of it no matter how much it would cost. She had to get home to her sister.Kate needed her.

She jumped off the car and chased after him knowing he wouldn't be able to move very fast. Though how did he know her that wasn't a good thing.

"FREEZE" She shouted.

She gained on him enough to attempt a tackle and was pleased to find it was easier than she thought. As her weight came down she brought her gun up against the side of his head. The zip tie was around his wrists before he could recover from the blow. He would never be able to get it lose without cutting it but she was already dragging him back to the van.

"SHIT" She swore seeing Jen starting pull out of the parking lot.

Dropping him for a moment she turned and aimed her gun.

"Sorry...I'll get you some new tires" She said softly and fired for the front tire.

She quickly aimed and shot at the second one hoping it was enough to stop her.

He groaned and went down,immediately began struggling when he was bringing her back to the van and he snickered despite the pain going through his body. "You bitch.." he snarled loudly."I hope she's dead.."

Jen was almost out of the lot when she heard the gunshot hit her tire which knocked it out. She froze and widened her eyes,breathing heavily and taking her hands off the wheels. She managed to turn her motor off and relock her doors and crawl to the back of her van,hiding.

The blond felt the drug beginning to take affect once again and she let out a short groan of pain,clutching her stomach and laying back down onto the seats.

And within moments she felt herself pass out, once again going completely still.

She breathed a sigh of relief when the van stopped then turned to him.

"You shut up" She said angrily pistol whipping him "You'll be able to talk all you want to the cops".

She then heard sirens and gave another sigh that meant someone had called the police. Holstering her gun she gripped the collar of the man's shirt as cop cars pulled into the parking lot. She was going to catch a lot of heat from the officers for taking matters into her own hands instead of just scaring him off and calling them.

An officer stepped out of his car and walked up to her noticing the gun at her waist.

"Lina...how many times have you done this" He said noticing the man "What'd he do this time".

"Drugged some girl and tried to run" She said unclipping her holster and handing it to him "I fired four shots one into the ground...one into his knee...and two into the tires of that van over there".

He nodded as he took the gun from her and shook his head.

"Still a bitch.." He snarled, letting out a short grunt when he was pulled up. "I hope the girl in the van won't ever wake up." The cops were going to lead him into their car and they did. He wasn't going to be doing anything for a while, that was for sure. Maybe in jail but that was about it.

Jen was groaning a little as another round of consciousness woke her up. "Aiden..." She said, thinking her brother was here again. The blond shook her head out and let out a little grunt as she sat up.She of course tried to start her car but it wouldn't move right. She stepped out of the vehicle and looked down.

"Who the hell shot my fucking tires?!" She demanded loudly,everyone looking at her. She stumbled back and crawled back into her van. "I'm not coming out of here." She said,relocking the door and getting out her cell phone. "I"ll just call my car repair to come and get me new tires." The blond put in,still trying to clear her head.

"And then I'm driving the hell back home."

"If she isn't its a life sentence" The officer told him "Or the death penalty".

He drug the guy to the cop car as Lina let out a deep sigh worrying about Jen. When Jen came out of the van and yelled Lina wanted to cry happily.

"Thank god" She said with a sigh "I'll handle this officers'.

She walked over the van and knocked on the window hoping to calm Jen down.

"Jennifer...is that your name?" She asked "Its okay...come on out of the van...you're going to need to give a statement".

She waited a few moments as an officer came toward the van.

"When your done one of the officers would be glad to escort you home" She said "Or I can if you'd prefer...I don't have a gun on me".

"Yeah that's my name..." She groaned and then looked towards the others. "I don't wanna come out. I just want to drive home. Is it that hard to understand?!" She snarled loudly, angry that she couldn't drive her car.

Seeing the cops there only made her angry. "Oh NOW you show up! Where were you when you were needed? When my brother needed you, huh?" She looked away and shook her head. "I don't want to talk to them. I just want to drive myself home and forget this ever happened. I'm going to call a car repair service and they'll change my wheels." Jen sighed heavily and looked out.

She grabbed at her stomach again and shook her head. One of the cops looked a bit concerned. "Ma'am.." "Don't ma'am me! I hate you cops!" She let out a little sob and turned her head away,then leaned back against her seat.

Back
Top Bottom