Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you think of this?

psychobilly-night

Supernova
Lately I've had an idea for a series of stories (Or comics if I can learn to draw better or if I can find someone to do the art) called The Bosses (Which the title itself is kind of ironic).
Basically it's kind of like a sitcom dealing with an alternate world where Video Games are much like movies and the characters from said games are treated like movie stars. The main story revolves around four guys who were laid off from their jobs as video game enemies. Thing is it is usually hard for video game baddies to get decent jobs these days (Part of the story comes from America's economic and unemployment problems). They met eachother on Craigslist and decide to rent a house together so they can each save money from whatever odd job they get. The stories will chronicle their lives as different obstacles come in their way. Obstacles like getting new jobs, dealing with humans who are even weirder than video game characters, and possibly love?

Characters

Curtis Teknocarnage: The boss of Level 4 in the classic Tek Dungeon series. Often heralded as the easiest boss known to man especially in an extremely hard game. Like the usual Sitcom archetype Curtis is the mellow guy who tries to live life normally.

Vlad Grimmisreaper: A grim reaper like character from the Frankensteinalvania games. He is on good terms with Curtis sine he's the only he can really tolerate. Despite his cool demeanor and level head, Vlad is known to be extremely violent and sadisticly sarcastic and often has fantasies of gruesomely killing people who annoy him.

Rick Grunt#12193: A greedy money loving robot from the strangely popular Uber-Generic-Shooter: Combat still bland after five games. He is known for his extremely depraved tactics in... well... just about everything. For example he adopted a child from over seas and got him addicted to crack and sex just so he could be on TV.

Tobe Jumppityzombie: Originally one of those jumpy zombies with sharp ass claws that jump around in old Arcade zombie games. To help with his jumpyness and over all hyper activity, the game directors hopped him up on loads of hardcore drugs and sugar. After the arcade business waned down Tobe lost his job, however the drugs have never worn off and he is known to be hyper, paranoid, delusional and well kinda of a idiot. He also claims to be able to see "The Old Ones."

Anna: The naive neighbor girl who is known for her eco-friendly... everything. She is Curtis' love interest. She is also known for her love of anime and cute fuzzy things (exactly why Curtis ((Who tobe often called 'Robotic Alligator man')) is afraid to ask her out for)
Hank: A neighbor who lives across from the Bosses. A pious religious man who is on good terms with Curtis and in some cases Vlad. Despite his religious exterior he has done several things which make him a hypocrit.
Phil: The stereotypical furry (I'm not hating on furries or anything, I'm a furry my self but I figured it would pretty funny). He is often secluded in his house next to the bosses and comes out of odd places to give oddly useful advice to the other characters or to help Rick in some of his schemes.
Kit: The hero from the Tek Dungeon series. Due to his fame and fortune he has become a egotistical douchebag and often antagonizes Curtis.

So what do you think? Anything I should add or improve on? What's some of your guys' ideas?

Maybe toss in a bitchy chick that never quite made it into the Video-game business cause her boobs were too small? XD

Something like this is sorta being done, but not quite as obscure as you're describing. I didn't recognize a single game or character you mentioned. However, I did like how they sounded and I think that you should give it a go. Some script from your comic would be a good way for us to see how this plays out, if you have it.

If you'd like to check out the comic I was talking about, click here. The illustrator and writer works for the folks who do Ugly Americans or some cartoon like that. It's enjoyable, funny, well drawn, uses new and old video game and movie references to drum up it's humor, uses a few original characters to place and move the comic around, and updates on Mondays. The one thing it does lack is a better commenting system (IMO) and/or a forum to chat about the comic. Having some sort of input would be nice to give the author as if she writes a bunch of stuff she likes and not what everyone else writes, it might be harder for her to sell merchandise to people who don't feel they've been entertained enough. If that makes sense.

Also, a sample of your drawing would also help us help you figure out who should be illustrating. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to assisting you! :D

@ DarkerMe: Hey that does sound like a fun idea.

@ Dramamine: Well the idea is to use made up games mainly for legal stuff should this become a hit. Unfortunately though I don't have a scanner (or art skills for that matter) but I am working on a script called Techno Chat Roulette if you want me to PM it to you.

@ Mr. Master: Ah I remember that show. Haven't watched it in awhile but I am trying to tweak it a bit so it won't be too much like that show.

Back
Top Bottom