Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Run This Town (Rory+Ishu)

Gabriel and Haijime were too busy staring each other down to pay much attention to Cade.

As the Gamatom entered the room, Michelle scuttled away from the bed and went out into the living room, plopping down on the couch.

Ishu smiled when she felt him touching her and reached her hand up, laying it over his. She did not know how long he had been gone but she felt relieved to have him by her side again.

___

Eve walked over to them and put her hands up, "Come on you two- knock it off."

JD huffed and took his finger out of Isaiah's bullet hole, causing the large black man to grunt, "He won't let me take it out."

"Probably because you're not a doctor."

"Hey! I have medical expertise!" D:<

Eve raised an eyebrow at him, "You're a vet."

"That's medical!"

Eve rubbed her forehead and shook her head. "I'll go get Haijime."

"Who?"

"Haijime- Michael. Gabriel's brother. He's a doctor."

JD blinked. "Oh...." Then he pouted and sat down, crossing his limbs over each other.​

The other woman barely registered on his radar as Ishu moved and smiled up at him, relief filling him to be with her again, her soothing heart beat filling his ears and obliterating anything else. He wanted to tell her everything that happened that day. He wanted to share with her how scared he was that the brethren would come for him and end up hurting her as well. He wanted to tell her how alone and uncertain he felt among these new humans.

But she still hadn't spoken to him and he assumed that she was still having trouble fighting off the effects of the medication that the hospital had chosen to give her. It worried him and he wondered if she'd ever be the same again.

Then a new feeling registered for him and he caressed her face softly as he spoke, his raspy voice coming with a caring lilt. "I'm going to go get us something to eat, alright? Are you hungry? I'll be right back." Felt like he was saying that a lot lately and he reluctantly turned from her again, entering the next room.

He paused in the doorway and glanced at the brothers again, but moved past them into the kitchen without a word. Looking through the cabinets, he came upon what he was looking for and grinned slightly as he took out a can of tomatoes. Using the knife from his pocket, he cut the top open and began to greedily shovel small bits of tomato into his mouth, using his fingers. Glancing up at Haijime and still chewing he said, "Haijime, what should Ishu have to eat? She hasn't eaten all day..." They'd been a bit preoccupied and for some reason, the hunger hadn't really hit Cade until now. "When do you think the muscle relaxers will wear off?" Displeasure was clearly in his voice when he referred to the things.

Haijime looked over at Cade from where he stood and pointed at one of the cabinets, "There are a few cans of mixed fruit. She'll eat one of those." He'd seen her go a day without eating one time. She went straight for one of those and didn't even use a spoon. It was adorable and he'd laughed at her. He smiled when he thought about it but stopped when Cade asked about the medication, "Probably not until later tomorrow. There will be some residual effects but... she should be able to communicate." He knew it was the medication that was keeping her from being able to talk to them, which is why he hated that the doctors gave it to her.

___

Eve walked up the stairs and went along until she found the door, pushing it open and stepping into the apartment. Everyone glanced over at her and went back to their business, "Haijime, could you come out here? JD put a bullet in Isaiah and he's only going to make it worse if he tries to take it out."

Haijime nodded, "Certainly." He went into the bedroom and collected his First Aid Kit and walked over to her at the door, "Stay here." He gave Eve a stern but pleading expression and she nodded.

After Haijime left, Eve shut the door and walked over to the bedroom doorway, watching Gabriel as the two now began a new staring contest.​

Nodding at the answers to his questions - and feeling a bit bereft that he'd have to wait that long to get his lovely Ishu back to the way she was - he started to dig out the fruit cups Haijime had indicated, only pausing in his search for a spoon when Eve dropped in. Finding what he needed, he watched as Haijime left, essentially switching places with Eve as she came to stand in the bedroom doorway, sharing a long look with Gabriel. As eager as he was to get back to Ishu and feed her, he stopped for a moment to look them both over wondering again if the two were lovers.

This was something common among the brethren, dominant stare-downs, but usually they ended rather quickly; you didn't lock eyes with a superior Gamatom without expecting and inviting trouble. But looking at these two now, he wasn't sure who was winning.

Approaching the bedroom door, he slipped past Eve - giving her a guarded sneer as he did - and wandered back to Ishu's side. Sitting on the bed beside her, he set his can of tomatoes aside and opened the fruit cup, smiling fondly down at it as he remembered eating one with her. His first taste of fruit. Using the spoon and sitting close to her, propping her up slightly so she wasn't laying down completely horizontal, he gently fed her, watching warily as she chewed to make sure she didn't slip up and choke.

***​

Valheru had barely stepped through the door of the mansion before he was being sent back out into the night again. After the large Gamatom recounted what had happened, how Cade had shunned him and basically separated himself from him, turning Valheru into a lone target, an enraged Quin began to hatch a new plan for the next day and night.

First thing was first. They needed more brethren and he'd sent Valheru out to collect the southern pack, the jog taking a little under 20 minutes for the thickly muscled Gamatom. He'd found them in one of the houses on the quaint suburban block, the Gamatoms having broken in and feasted on the family that had been hiding inside. No neighbors from the other houses had come to offer help as the mother of the household and daughter's screams rang through the street.

Explaining briefly the situation to their leader - who welcomed him in lovingly; the dominant Gamatom was particularly fond of Valheru and his strong physique - they immediately agreed to join him, all of them piling into the red truck that they owned and barelling down the main street that ran through the city. The feeling of war and the lust of battle filled the air and the brethren growled and roared from the back of the truck excitedly as they made their way to the mansion on the northern-most hill of the city.

The two seemed to be having some kind of conversation similar to the one Gabriel had during the stare down with Haijime, but the topic changed to something specific between the man and woman. The tension was building between them but Eve was trying not to let it blow up and take up the entire room.

Michelle looked up and paused while looking between the two of them, "Uh... I finished the new scan. It's looking like they're recruited reinforcements from the south. No signs of attack plans for tonight- but I'll keep tabs on it." Neither of the dominant people in the room commented her but they did take note. Michelle put her attention back on the computer humming in her lap.

Ishu's body instinctively pressed against Cade's side. She opened her mouth as he fed her and chewed, her jaws slowly meeting again and again as the fruit ground between her teeth. She had little trouble swallowing, smiling up at him and gently kissing the side of his neck as a thank you.

___

Haijime made his way down the stairs and smiled at the two sitting on the ground. "Eve sent me to look at your wound."

Isaiah nodded and put his hand onto his other shoulder, moving the material of his vest so the hole was visible.

Haijime walked around him and stood up on his tip-toes, nodding at the sight. He knelt down and opened his first aid kit, going through it after putting on some gloves. "Do you have a high pain tolerance?" He didn't have much left of his numbing agents so he hoped he wouldn't have to use any.

Isaiah grunted and looked over at JD. JD smiled awkwardly, "Yeah, he'll be fine."

"Alright." He stood back up and carefully opened the wound, inserting a metal object to fish out the bullet.​

Well, at least she was responding a little more to him and the feel of her soft lips against his neck got him to relax even more. She would be okay. They would be okay. After feeding her another chunk of fruit - peach, he clearly identified by scent now - and waiting for her to finish it, he kissed her forehead lovingly, closing his eyes to savor the contact. Then he was reaching down to tip her chin up and locked lips with her, his mouth molding with hers tenderly in a soothing dance.

***​

"I don't like it," Dey said, standing beside his brother in the den, keeping his voice somewhat low so the others in the room with them wouldn't take his tone as disrespectful. The moon was still out, so there was doubt he was heard by even the farthest standing Gamatom, but so long as his opposition was kept low, it was considered submissive to their leader.

Quin shook his head, the grin on his face marred briefly by the cigarette he wedged between his lips for a long drag. "It'll be fine. I'll be fine. Besides, it's something the humans do, isn't it?" He put up his hand in a slight shrug as he turned to the other dominant Gamatom in the room, Lan, who nodded and brushed a hand through the scruff on his chin. "They talk, right? And ask for the things they want?"

"We shouldn't be asking at all!" Dey insisted, having to watch himself as his voice hinted at the anger he felt. "We fucking own every last one of them! We should be going in there and knocking away their silly toys and raping them to death for their insolence--!"

"Brother," Quin said calmly, cradling Dey's face with one black stained hand. "I understand why you're upset and normally, I'd agree with you. But circumstances are different now. Cade is there."

"He should be fucked as well!" Dey whispered vehemently, passion and hate filling his eyes as he gave his brother a beseeching look. "You should have never let him leave! Now look where we are!"

"I'm paying the price for my ignorance and inaction," Quin said levelly, keeping his tone firm, yet patient. "But I'm not sending my men running blindly in there when they have a Gamatom on their side. I have no clue what he's told them - no doubt informed them of the southern pack already, if he has any hope of them living - and we need to take the civil approach first. It's not something I want. Cade knows that if we're forced to come through those gates in the heat of battle, we will not stop at his little weapon toting friends. I let them have their gated nest to feel safe and comfortable. But if I have to go in there, I'm cleaning the whole fucking place out. Every last one. So,"

He smirked pleasantly, putting the cigarette back between his lips and letting it dangle there as he gave Dey a small reassuring tap on the cheek. "We'll ask for what we want and once we get it, we'll slaughter the damned lot anyway. At least this way, we can catch them off guard and possibly get them to hand the prize over. If they're taking weapons up against us in the first place, they're already stupid enough to think they can win."

Smiling as he kissed her, she pressed her lips back on his, petting the side of his face with her delicate fingers. She wanted to tell him that she loved him, but she could not get the words out to him. A part of her was ok with that because she was confident that he would be here tomorrow and whenever the medication wore off.

___

He removed the bullet and dropped it to the ground, setting down the tools he used to get it out, and then picked up some cleaning supplies. He carefully poured liquid onto a cotton swab and cleaned around the wound, then poured a dash of the contents into the wound itself. Surprised that Isaiah didn't react at all, he shrugged it off and picked up some gauze, placing it over the hole and taping it down, "There. You should be fine now."

Haijime smiled and removed his gloves, then packed up his first aid kit. "We have a little bit of room upstairs," If most of them crammed into the bedroom, "You're welcome to come up and rest."

Isaiah grunted. JD nodded, "We'll probably come up later. We take shifts. Plus, we gotta clean up this mess," He jabbed at the air behind him with his thumb, pointing over at the RV that had been turned over.

"Alright, I'll let the others know." He picked up his things and headed back upstairs, going into his apartment to see the same scene he'd left.​

After sharing that blissful kiss with her - her lips responding and moving against his giving him the reassurance that she would indeed be alright - he finished feeding her the fruit cup and sat holding her until she fell asleep. Thinking of what Eve had said about Gabriel and the soon re-emergence of others occasionally in the apartment through the night, Cade did not share the bed with her but kept to the chair in the room, watching over her and eating a few cans of tomatoes.

The hunger and bloodlust resurged briefly when at one point he became fixated on the heart beat of the other one - the bitch named Michelle - and he rushed to the fridge where he could smell the steak Haijime had gotten for him. But staring at the slab of meat and even though he KNEW it wasn't human, it looked very similar, the redness like a bloody chunk of muscle. Catching sight of it and actually smelling it up close caused the reverse reaction in him and he had to close the fridge and take a few moments to catch his breath so he wouldn't be sick.

After that, he was pretty much fine and stayed away from the humans, not talking to anyone but watching closely their interactions and the different things they said to each other. When morning came, he still hadn't slept, but fatigue was kept at bay with the eventual promise of Ishu returning to him and the anxiety of what would happen when the brethren returned. It felt like a false hope to depend on the humans to win this fight...but he had to hang onto something. Otherwise, he'd have to take on 16 Gamatoms all alone.

***​

In the dawn and fighting off more protests from Dey, Quin set out on his own, dressed in black leather pants and boots, torso bare as he walked into the heart of the city. His form was completely relaxed as he approached the gate where the brethren had attacked last night and he caught sight of one of the humans standing guard. Waving an obsidian hand to get their attention, he called out, "You there! Let me talk to your leader!"

Ishu stirred throughout the night, soon waking up in the morning but laying still for the most part. She looked over at Cade sitting in the chair next to her and reached over, laying her hand on his as he slept. She smiled, wondering when he would wake up to see her.

Michelle looked over to the Gamatom who called out. She gulped and looked up at Isaiah, whom held his chainsaw firmly. She nodded to him and rushed up to the complex, bursting into the apartment, "Eve!"

Eve had taken on part of the night shift and was napping on the coach when Michelle came in. She jerked up from the couch and looked over, "What?" She was already up and wrapping an AK47 over her shoulder.

"We've got a Hot one at the gate- he wants to talk to you." Michelle stepped away from the door and went down to her laptop, opening it and typing away, "He's alone."

Eve nodded and hurried out of the apartment, speeding down the stairs and walking past Isaiah. She walked on until she was a good 10 yards from the gate, looking over at the Gamatom that decided to come to them, "What do you want?"

JD and Gabriel were in the RV and had been alerted by Michelle about the presence of a loan Gamatom- probably an Alpha. The two men were loading up their weapons but did not rush out to meet with Eve. JD watched from one of the windows and Gabriel stood at the door, shotgun in hand.

A hateful smirk that crinkled his nose slightly contorted Quin's face as another woman came into sight and addressed him. Were they joking? THIS was the new leader that Cade had decided to pledge his allegiance to? Quin tried not to feel even more wounded than he already did after learning that the Gamatom had also been fucking a human woman. Fine. If these humans wanted to play these silly games and act like their woman would save them, then he'd humor them for the time being.

"Lovely morning, isn't it?" he began cordially, his dominant status giving him the ability to stifle the hate brewing inside him at sight of her. He would kill the bitch with great satisfaction and imagined doing so through the friendly, toothy smile he gave her. "I think it would be obvious why I am here. Rather than bore you with the surprises we both encountered last night, I'll get straight to the point.

"A crime has been committed, my Lady. One of our own, a sinner exists in your company and he has evaded punishment for his offense. My people cannot tolerate such a thing to go undisciplined, especially since it is my personal belief that he suffers from madness because of it. You know what we are and what we are bred to do. Do not think for a moment that he's changing for the better or that he'll stay that way. It is in his nature to hurt women and he WILL if you let him stay. Hand him over so that we may deal with him among our kind, and give me the white haired maiden as well. It seems she is the source of this illness and we'll need her to fully correct the problem.

"And if you think to protect either him or her, let me give you one final thing to think about: I have 12 men currently at my command - you have what? 3 strong people able to wield weaponry? If you want to take the risk of putting their lives in danger, by all means, keep the Gamatom and the girl. But there will be a trial overseen by those much older and greater than I; in the early hours of this morning, I have sent out messengers to the nearby capital city to bring forth an elder. By this time tomorrow, the city of Anderton will be filled with at least 40 more brethren and if the one named Cade and the white haired girl are still not in our possession by then, we will clean the city out of all human flesh."

Quin wrapped a black fingered hand around the bars of the gate, looking at her with grim yellow green eyes. "This is not a game and not something we will tolerate among our people. Even if it means the city will be dead and devoid of food by the end, we will not stop until we have them both. What say you?"

She glared over at him as he spoke, listening to every foul syllable that dripped from his disgusting mouth. She let him finish his spout- his threat, his demands- everything. She didn't say a word and when he asked for her opinion her features did not change. Pulling the trigger, she let a torrent of bullets bite at him from inside the gate. She wasn't necessarily trying to hurt him and she didn't think the bullets from the AK47 would do much- but it was the message behind her actions that was what mattered to her. She would take them all on- every last one.

The three men in the parking lot looked up as the sound of bullet spitting into the air filled their ears, but they did not hear Eve. They recognized the firing pattern and stayed where they were, but each wielded their weapons readily.

Haijime fell out of the chair he was sleeping in and stumbled up to his feet, adjusted his glasses as he looked around, "Ishu?"

"It's alright. One of them came out to talk to us. Eve must be giving him a piece of her mind." Michelle beamed awkwardly and glanced down at her laptop, "Your sister is still asleep."

He nodded and rubbed a hand on his face, relieved.

Quin withstood every bullet, his chest puffing up to take each one into his body, standing his ground firmly as each one slammed home. Blood gushed immediately from each wound, letting out a thin trickle from each newly made hole before stopping just as quickly, blood already clotting. He waited until she was done firing, incredibly patient through the pain he barely registered, giving her a level look when she finally paused.

"The bells toll for thee..." he murmured, giving her a nod, the last sign of respect she'd ever get, before stalking away. As he walked up the street heading back to the mansion, soft tinkling sounds followed as the bullets lodged in his skin were finally pushed out by his body's rapid healing processes raining upon the asphalt beneath his boots. Well, that went about as well as he'd expected. And it proved one thing: they were even dumber than he'd originally thought.

***​

Cade jolted upright as well at the sound of gunfire, instantly on his feet, dark eyes wide and hair standing up on alert as he glanced around wildly. Then he was looking down at Ishu, murmuring over her and touching her to make sure she was alright before stepping to the bedroom door just in time to hear Michelle give Haijime her assessment on the situation. "One of them came? You are certain? What did he look like?"

Shit! Maybe whoever it was would tell the humans that he was wanted. They might kick him out to make themselves safer. From the sounds of the gunfire, it didn't sound like Eve or whoever was going to make any deals with them...but still. He looked warily from Michelle to Haijime, wondering if they'd indeed turn him over to the brethren. Eve had said he was "welcomed to the family" but honestly he had no clue what that meant. Did they really consider him a part of their pack? Or was it a superficial human thing?

No matter what it was, or how "real" or binding it was, he was not one of them...

Eve watched him leave and lowered her weapon. She walked away from the gate and headed over to the RV, giving it to JD, "Reload it and bring it up." He nodded as he took it from her and watched her as she walked away, going back up the stairs and into the apartment. As she opened the door she saw Cade looking a little worn for ware.

Michelle looked over at Eve, "He wants to know who it was."

She nodded and crossed her arms then leaned onto the door, shutting it with her back, "Looked like the leader. He wanted Cade- and Ishu."

Haijime frowned, "What?"

"He said that Cade was sick and that she is the cause of his illness. I dunno what they're planning to do but I'm sure there's a lot of blood involved." She stood up from the door, "We need to be ready for tonight. They could attack during the day but I doubt it." She frowned, "They've called for reinforcements. Expect an army." Her eyes shifted to Haijime, "If you have any friends, tell them to hole up where they can. They won't want to go outside until we're done with the extermination process."

With the new information, Michelle began typing away as she attempted to pinpoint the location of the extra Gamatoms.

The knowledge that not only had Quin come to visit here personally, but also that he and the others had Ishu in their sights as well, hit Cade like a punch to the gut. He'd stayed to protect her merely from the fact that she was his mate and he loved her, and he'd assumed that by necessity of being with her, he was putting a target on all of them, including her. He hadn't really known for sure that the brethren would want to take her for the same reasons he was being hunted.

What would that accomplish? Even if she was the "cause" as they thought, how would capturing her help? No doubt it was a ruse... They probably just wanted to kill her to satisfy their need for blood; it was a Gamatom form of justice being served.

Cade waited for Eve to say something along the lines of "sending him out of here" or "getting rid of the Gamatom among them" but she basically ignored him as she went about making her plans. He wanted to relax but he couldn't be sure and although he did not consider her dominant, he knew the others would listen to and obey her if she ordered him to be thrown out of the building as a solution. Not that he'd let it happen but...physically fighting these humans was not a good way to make a point that you were safe to keep around.

"Bitch...Eve," he said hesitantly, giving her a hard look, worry flickering in his dark eyes. "What do you plan to do? If they're bringing others, they'll most likely go to the NYC for backup. They have a lot of brethren there and a few of the elders still alive from the uprising." He glanced at the other woman for a second before looking back at the dark-haired woman. "I just want you to know... not that I'm threatening you in any way, but no matter what you decide to do... because of what I did, their plan will be the same whether you give them what they want - even just me - or not."

That wasn't making too obvious a case, was it? 'Let me stay because you're all probably going to die no matter what'. Yeah. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

***​

Vernon knelt at the large Gamatom's feet, his face down turned and his eyes latched on the ground submissively as he spoke, recounting the events that had happened the last few days. He and a few others from the southern pack took a truck and set out before the sun was chasing the night away in the sky and now they sat at the elder's feet, begging his attendance to their cause.

"It's not possible," the leader's voice said as he leaned back in his chair, Elynsynos's voice echoing in his throat and sounding like two people speaking at once. The more pronounced voice was that of a deep, masculine man and the other, the echo, was that of a woman, both sounding together in unison as he spoke.

Vernon did not beg, keeping his head down where he knelt, waiting patiently as the voices came again. "But even rumors such as this are dangerous if left unchallenged. I will go with you and see this one for myself. If it is as you say, I will deal with it accordingly. If it is not, then you will all be punished for stirring such vulgarities within the brethren's imaginations."

The kneeling Gamatom nodded his head gratefully and froze when the elder sat forward hovering over him, letting his hand move Vernon's chin up so he was looking into Elynsynos's gold on black eyes. "Before we march, I'll need a recompense for my efforts for getting involved at all..." and he licked up the side of Vernon's neck, causing the Gamatom to tremble in excited and fearful bliss.

Eve looked over at him and listened, soon quirking an eyebrow, "If I didn't want here- you'd be dead." She shook her head at him, bewildered that he didn't already understand that and looked over at Michelle, "We need to get pumped, got it?" She looked back over at Cade, "We're going to kill them- all of them."

Haijime stood up from his seat and walked past Eve, "Could you watch her for a bit? I need to, you know."

Eve nodded and stepped aside, letting Haijime leave the apartment. "Cade, just focus on protecting Ishu. Feed her, keep her hydrating. We'll worry about the fighting for now, ok?" She expected to need his help later on, but she also did not want to run the risk of leaving Ishu completely unguarded.

___

Haijime carefully left the complex and hurried down the street, panting softly as he came to a slow stop in the Grocery Store. "Jennifer?" He ran a hand back through his hair as he looked over at her and moved to her register, "Jennifer- listen. They're coming- a lot of them. I don't know much but you need to go into hiding for a few days- tell everyone to stay low, even in the daylight."​

Alright. Well, that definitely cleared things up for him. It wasn't exactly a declaration of loyalty, but honestly, something like that wasn't what he really expected from her anyway. One thing he made note of was that before Haijime left, he asked Eve to watch over Ishu...as if Cade wasn't right here already willing to do so. Or, more likely, it was because of Cade that he asked her to do that. It was like one step forward and two steps back with these people.

And then Eve was turning to him again and giving him what felt like orders and he grimaced slightly in response. He wanted to argue with her. To tell her he wasn't going to listen to a woman. But what she'd ordered him to do...was what he really planned to do anyway. So, for now, he silently followed her instruction, trying to forget the bitch and her odd dominant ways, as he walked into the kitchen and gathered a few things for Ishu.

Back in the bedroom, he set a glass of water beside the bed and a new fruit cup for her, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside her and brushing the hair out of her face with his fingertips. How did the brethren even know about her? And how had they figured out what she and he had done? Had they visited the orchard? It didn't seem likely, so he assumed they were making a lucky guess. For a guess based on luck it was pretty on the mark.

Then he worried all over again about their chances of success in this fight and what would eventually happen when the elder Gamatom came. Would the humans prevail? If they broke through their defenses and got him and Ishu...what did the brethren plan on doing with them? This had never happened before...

***​

Jennifer's eyes brightened when she saw Haijime come into the store, only fading when he came to a stop in front of her register, panting and giving her a warning about Gamatoms. Instantly, her face became distressed but then it firmed as she realized what needed to happen. "Alright, I know what to do. But first I have to close up the shop and everything." She was still talking to him as she started gathering her things and locking up the register, but she was already thinking and planning ahead on what she needed to do. "There's a phone in the back room that still works with the numbers of all the shops on this street, that I need to call." The she was coming around the counter and giving him a brief hug. "Thank you Haijime and if you get the chance, maybe run by my dad's, but don't if it's too risky."

***​

"I fucking hate this..." Bast murmured in a soft whine, his arm draped over his face as he lay back in the shade where they were hiding. Dey sat beside him in their hiding spot, smoking a cigarette languidly as he watched the terrain with an alert eye.

"I know you do. Just relax. At least Quin is taking action now."

"Oh and I bet you're real happy about that, huh?" Bast asked, sitting up and looking at the older Gamatom. "Now that he's completely pissed at Cade, you have chance to get his attention again."

Dey glanced at the other man but said nothing and there was silence between them for several minutes as the morning breeze carried the smoke from Dey's cigarette away from them. After picking at the grass under his boots, Bast finally made another irritated sound in his throat and said "Lookit! See that? That's the sun. That means I should be sleeping right now!"

Dey smirked and ran a hand over the back of his young lover's neck and said, "Should have tried to get some rest last night. Now, you'll be lucky if Quin lets you sleep between now and when the elder comes and you KNOW we're not getting sleep after that."

"I tried," Bast said exhaustedly. "Goren kept me up all night. It wouldn't be so bad if we were actually doing something; it's the waiting. So boring and makes me sleepy."

Dey shook his head, about to say something to that when something caught his eye. Movement. Even as far away as they were, he could see them clearly - humans huddling with their belongings on their backs, walking along the broken asphalt path on their way out of the city. They could not see the Gamatoms even as the male of their small group peered around anxiously for any sign that they were being watched or followed.

In this world when Gamatoms were everywhere, it was a bit unusual for humans to leave the cities in an attempt to run from their overlords. So, under normal circumstances, there weren't any blocks on the roads leading out of the city - at least not in Anderton, since Quin was usually lax about that sort of thing. That had changed this morning when Quin left to meet with the humans guarding the apartment complex, and he'd split up the Gamatoms in his and the south pack to watch the roads leading out of the city, with orders to stop anyone from leaving.

"Bast," Dey said giving a curt nod in the direction of the slowly moving humans and the younger Gamatom was sitting up alertly, his yellow eyes dilating as he focused on the small group. Then without another word exchanged between them, he was getting up and moving smoothly from their hiding spot, short, youthful body becoming like that of an instant predator as he moved into the sunlight, swiftly eating up the distance between him and the targets.

Dey watched apathetically as the younger Gamatom ran, the humans not seeing him until the last 10 feet or so and even then, not having much of a chance to run or do anything. He went after the women first, chasing down the 18 year old girl and her mother, killing them both with mixed growls heard on the wind. Then the father, who of course, stupidly charged the Gamatom in an attempt to save them or something just as stupid, like revenge, was beaten down and shoved into the pavement. Dey could hear the man's cries as Bast proceeded to rape him in the middle of the road, puffing on his cigarette as he enjoyed the show, the climax reached a moment later as Bast came and promptly broke the guy's neck.

Tossing his cigarette aside, Dey got up from his hiding spot and went to join the other to help him clear the road of bodies.

She could feel him stressing as he hovered over her, fidgeting with what looked like a fruit cup. Her hand reached up and held onto his. Smiling, she tried to reassure him that they would be ok. She did not know much about what was going on outside or what was to come later that day, but she knew she would be with Cade and, even in the end, that was all that mattered to her.

Gabriel stood up from his seat and moved closer to the doorway, stopping when Eve put her shoulder and hop between his body and the bedroom. She gave him a cross look as he glanced at her before looking back at his sister. He did not appreciate the treatment he was receiving- as if he was one of them. And this Gamatom- he was being treated like he wasn't some kind of murderer! This world was ass-backwards and he wanted to change it.

__

Haijime nodded and hugged her back, keeping her close for a few lingering moments, "I will. I will go right now." He backed away to the front door and before he closed it, he told her to be careful. He shut the door and hurried down the street, taking turns when he needed to and knocking on the front door of the gun shop before pushing the door open, "Hello?"

___

Its muscles rippled all over its body as it pushed on the ground, sprinting across yet another state line in search of- its pupils dilated as the scent of fresh blood met in its nostrils, blooming with the saliva of its prey. Growling hoarsely, it pushed harder, muscles stretching and growing as it sped up along the ground, roaring softly as adrenaline pumped through every vein and artery.​

All his worries seemed to float away with the gentle look she gave him and Cade returned her smile, letting the comforting silence speak for them both. Then his face darkened as he became aware of something happening at the doorway. "Is there something you need, Gabriel?" Cade asked with the slightest antagonistic inflection. There was a tension in the apartment he could feel and he didn't like that others felt the need to intrude upon his time with Ishu. Especially not THAT sibling, who he still knew nothing about.

***​

Frank Lapidus stood behind the counter of his shop talking with two other men who loitered on the other side of it. "Yeah, I know; they keep saying they don't want to get involved, but with the way things are going, we've only got a few years of life left. Who do they think is going to be targeted next? At least Canada is willing to help out occasionally."

"See, but they understand that they're probably next on the list. I think the creatures would conquer the rest of the landmass before they moved out across the sea--"

All the men looked up as Haijime opened the door and Frank's blue eyes lit up at the sight of the young man. "Haijime! Come on in, my boy! How goes it? Been a while since I've seen ya around!"

Frank had been a regular at the flower shop every week when he got the chance, even on the few things he had left to barter with now that money was running low; it was surprising how few of the humans left even thought about taking up arms against the creatures who plagued the city.

"Haijime, this is Brandon and Robert, two good friends of mine." The two men nodded in polite greeting, knowing of Haijime and his shop but not having much interaction with him before. "We were just discussing the current state of affairs and rumors and news from overseas. What can I do for you today?

"That was... that was some pretty strange business with your 'friend' yesterday," Lapidus said, his gravelly voice getting a hesitant edge to it as one of his eyes squinted in consternation and rubbed at his graying beard. "Seemed like an alright lad...for one of them and Jen seems pretty taken with him. Hope the guns worked out okay? Heard lots of shots going off last night and this morning. Everything alright?"

Gunfire heard in the night was not something neighbors came running towards as it no doubt meant the Gamatoms were attacking - there was no other reason to take up arms these days; it was understandable that it wasn't something anybody ran towards, especially not when one had their own family to protect.

***​

A deep rumbling purr came from the Gamatom's throat as he laid back in his comfortable chair in the darkened room, the soft sounds of sex and low conversation bustling around him distantly. In his private corner, Hart entertained the affections of his current human slave, a man in his 50s who used to work on Wallstreet before the uprising. Now, he was little more than a pet and a fucktoy for the dominant Gamatom and Hart's electric blue eyes gazed down in appreciation as the human's warm mouth enveloped him.

From the far end of the run-down department building, came another Gamatom that Hart knew, the man catching sight of him and coming to kneel by Hart's side and whispering in his ear. "There's going to be a march on Anderton tonight and the elder is leaving the city," the newcomer whispered, and Hart smiled in pleasure down at his human pet while he listened.

"I know. I heard. The woman fucker. Insane business. Bastard is going to get it good from the Lord when-when-Oh, fuck!" Hart smiled and panted delightedly, petting the human's chin and letting out another rumbling groan of ecstasy as the man's tongue traced all along his thick shaft.

"Hart. It's Cade," the other Gamatom said, licking his lips nervously.

Instantly, the smile on the dark-haired Gamatom's face disappeared and his blue eyes fixed on the other with a penetrating gaze as his brother's name was mentioned.

Gabriel leaned forward with a competitive expression, ready to yell at the Gamatom. But Eve lifted her hand onto his chest and kept him from entering the bedroom. Her expression sharpened on him and he tore away from her, stepping away from the doorway while giving the two of them death-glares. She watched him go back to the chair in the living room and looked back at Cade, then Ishu. She crossed her arms and continued to watch Gabriel.

___

He greeted Frank and the others with a friendly smile and nodded when asked about the guns, "Yes, we managed with them, thank you. But, I came to worn everyone. I've already been by the store and Jennifer is calling the rest of the shops. The Gamatoms are calling for reinforcements. We have a girl at my apartment who has a laptop- I don't know the specifics but we're estimating about 40 Gamatoms and something they call an "Elder". I don't know what all of this means but it's going to be a war zone out there tonight."

He looked around at the guns and frowned, "I don't want any of you getting hurt. They're not after you- not until they're done with us. Please, find somewhere to hide until it's over." He did not want to think about the possibility of his own death. He wanted to be optimistic about the group and Eve's skill. He wanted to believe they would all live.

___

Its nostrils flared as many scents met inside, burrowing deep into it and pulling at its hunger. Growling again, it tried to focus on one scent and one scent alone. There was so much precious prey that it could take- oh how it wanted to take them all. It was nearing the borders as the sun began to threaten to fade into the other side of the planet- leaving the humans to fend for themselves.​

A smug satisfaction filled Cade as he watched the other man back down when faced with his bitch pack leader. Turning back to Ishu, he leaned down and kissed her forehead triumphantly, getting her fruit cup ready and helping her eat. When he caught Eve's eye at one point, he cocked a smug eyebrow at her before focusing his attention back on his love. A subtle battle for the rights to be close to the young woman and he was winning - afterall, he'd been ORDERED to tend to her and he was more than happy to do so.

***​

"Hide?" Frank barked in his graveled voice, obviously incensed by the news that Haijime brought. "Are you kidding? This is our town too! I'm not going to lamely sit by with my thumb up my ass while a bunch of cannibals try and run us all out!" Turning from Haijime, Frank pulled out an automatic rifle and began to load it, clicking everything in place before looking back up at Haijime. "Jen knows what to do in cases of emergency. She'll get all the youngsters and women into hiding within the hour. Me? I'm going to gather the pussified men of this blasted city and you're taking us with you to help defend those whom we love. This is still America, God dammit!"

Then Frank wasn't waiting for Haijime to answer, handing guns to the two men with him to carry and then loading up Haijime's arms with boxes of bullets and ammunition. Then he forced the young man to follow him as he left the gun shop, locking it up before he left, and they were going to different apartments in the complex and explaining the situation to the few men they encountered - obviously friends of Lapidus. When the men understood, Frank handed them one of the extra guns he'd carried from the shop and brought them along with them. Soon, they had a nice sized group of 10 men trailing behind Haijime, pressuring him to take them where they'd need to get set up for the coming night.

Back at the apartment, Frank Lapidus, with gun strapped over his shoulder and a glock on each hip, stepped through the door and glanced around once before zeroing in on Eve. "You the one in charge of this operation? We've been told there's a bit of trouble coming and we've come to offer our assistance in turning back the mongrel horde."

Behind him stood the grim, yet fearful faced men of the neighborhood - the baker, the carpenter, the mechanics for the handy-man workshop, etc. - all holding their newly acquired guns or guns they'd had stuffed under their beds at home. Didn't matter wither way; most of them had never fired a weapon, let alone killed another being.

***​

As the afternoon grew long, the buses were loaded with brethren practically to bursting as more Gamatoms heard the call and decided to leave home to join the fight. Hart made his way to the vehicle housing the elder, moving up the back steps into the bursting and noisy interior. Seat after seat was filled and occupied by brethren and near the front, lounging in his large majesty was the elder. Firming his expression, Hart decided to approach, but stopped while making his way up the aisle when he caught sight of Vernon, a Gamatom he recognized from his brother's pack.

The Gamatom's already long features were even more drawn and weary, his skin slightly clammy and his eyes glazed heavily. Kneeling beside the man in the aisle - and ignoring the occasional rowdy jostling he got from those around him - Hart shook the man's shoulder and slapped his face lightly to get his attention.

"Hey, Vern. Vern! Look a' me! Look! What can you tell me about these rumors?" a Gamatom who was involved in a playful wrestling fight with others nearby bumped violently into Hart's back and he issued a warning growl before turning back to Vernon. "What is happening with Cade?"

Vernon blinked slowly at him for several moments and at first, Hart wasn't sure what was wrong with him. Then he remembered; that sometimes happened to the more submissive brethren when they had sex with the elder. The Gamatom Lord's semen was supposedly like a drug that kept a clinging feeling of orgasm several hours after it was ingested or deposited into the body. Looking at the watery ecstasy filling Vernon's deadened eyes, he didn't know whether to feel congratulatory or sorry for the other man.

"I don't...I don't know..." Vernon said, sluggishly, panting slightly under his breath and squirming in his seat for a moment.

Annoyed, Hart grabbed the man by his shirt and shook him roughly. He could practically see the man's brain wobbling in his skull like a bunch of marbles. "Listen to me, asshole! TELL. ME. ABOUT CADE!"

"I don't fuckin' know, alright!" Vernon said, coming somewhat back to himself and feeling irritated that Hart was bringing him out of the blissful daze. "I'm just a messenger! I haven't even SEEN nor talked to Cade in three fucking days! Dey found their fuck nest and it reeked of Cade's cum and some random cunt! I don't know who she is! I don't know why he's gone insane! I don'tknow!Idon'tknow!"

Hart drew back a little at the man's outburst, making a mental note of the whimpering in Vernon's voice and watched in silence as the Gamatom settled down and the light of conscious thought faded once again from the man's eyes, leaving him a shell of pleasure. Shaking his head and letting out a breath, he got up and continued towards the front of the bus just as the rumbling of the engine roared and the doors closed.

By the time he made it to the front next to Elynsynos, the bus was moving out of the parking lot, followed by two others, rumbling out of the city in a line. The elder sat in a seat to himself and even sitting as Hart stood next to him, the elder seemed to tower over everything by mere presence alone. When Elynsynos became aware of Hart, he turned a golden eye on the younger Gamatom and a sharp toothed smile spread on his lips.

"Hart." the leader nodded his head and cocked an eyebrow as Hart returned the respectful gesture, making sure not to keep eye contact too firmly even though it almost seemed like Elynsynos playfully sought out to stare him down. "So glad you decided to join me and my army."

"I need to talk to you," Hart said, shifting his weight seamlessly as the bus took a broad turn onto the highway. "About the one they call Cade."

"Oh?" Elynsynos asked, pleasure filling his double toned voice. "He's your brother, is he not?"

"Yes," hesitantly, Hart got to his knees in the aisle beside the Lord's seat, nuzzling uncertainly at his long finger-nailed hand. Elynsynos allowed it, a small smile crossing his lips as his hand moved to cradle Hart's face and force the younger Gamatom to look up at him. Gazing up into that beautiful yet ancient face and feeling the man caress him comfortingly gave Hart courage to speak. "I don't know what you're planning to do...and I know you'll do what you have to, but please, don't kill him. Let me talk to him first...please, my Lord. I don't know what's gotten into his head...but I'm sure I can fix it if you just let me talk to him."

It was hard to tell from Elynsynos's heavy-lidded gaze if he was pleased or not and for a while he said nothing, continuing to pet Hart, sending shivers of panic running through him even as he felt soothed and desired to stay at the Master's feet forever. Finally, Elynsynos spoke again, the male and female echo of his voice moving slow and draw out, almost hypnotic in tone.

"I am told by his pack mate that they think he's gone rogue. True, he's drifted from the pack, but it seems no one has had any direct contact with him other than he appears to have attached himself to a group of humans. For whatever reason - and there are many different possibilities - he has associated with a new pack that is not of our race. This, to me, does not seem like rogue-like behavior. It is odd, yes, but he's still trying to attach to others in the Gamatom way.

"Then, I am told, no one has seen him with this so called maiden. Their idea of evidence is a cum stain in the same location of where a human female is scented to frequent. I sincerely doubt that he has fucked her as they say. It's simply not possible for our kind - if he HAS mated with a woman, she is no doubt dead and died before he could reach climax. Which...is in it's own way something to worry about..." Elynsynos smirked, amused by the prospect.

"But so far, the evidence they have given me is crap. I am not going to the city to harm your brother Cade. I am going to find the truth, to hear it from Cade's mouth and to see him with this phantom woman that only one Gama has seen. And if it turns out they're lying and it's just a silly story, I will punish Quin and take the city from him, shaming him for coming up with such a ridiculous tale.

"Your brother...Hart..." there was something firm yet tender in the leader's voice now and Hart forced himself to meet that golden and black gaze for just a moment. "He will NEED to be punished, regardless of the truth. Consorting with humans, even an all male 'pack' is a disgrace to his race. We rule them for a reason and it disrupts the natural order of things to do what he has. I make no promises about what will or will not happen."

Finally, Hart seemed to breathe, not realizing he'd been holding his breath the whole time and he nodded solemnly, kissing Elynsynos's palm reverently. "I understand, my Lord." It really was the best he could ask for and there was no point in arguing with the elder. But he vowed to find a moment alone with his brother and when he did...he'd beat sense into him.

Ishu leaned up as he held her and fed her, burrowing her face against his neck and licking the juice from her lips. She was starting to get her strength back, though she still felt a bit groggy.

___

Haijime wanted to tell them no, but he couldn't. They had a right to fight for what they cherished and he didn't want to take that away from them. He just hoped Jennifer's father would live to see her again. After recruiting more men and being forced to carry ammunition, he brought them to his apartment and set the boxes down onto the floor. He turned to Eve and moved where she stood, taking her post so she could handle the new recruits.

Stepping forward, she looked them over, crossing her arms and leaning on one foot, "You're all going to die." She wasn't going to lie. Lying would being claiming that even one of them would still be breathing when the fight was over, "You're all going to die but you're going to die fighting your asses off." She moved her hands to her hips, "I'll take you all down to the parking lot. We'll educate you on your weapons and then you'll be placed into a position."

She walked across the apartment and opened the door, motioning them to follow. She took them down to the parking lot and stopped over by JD and Isaiah, "I want all of those with automatics with JD. He'll show you how to hold you weapons."

JD waved at them so they would know who he was.

"Those of you with hand guns with stay with Isaiah- just don't stay too close to him. He operates a chainsaw. He is usually pretty good at knowing where you are but if you get in the way of his swings, he won't be held responsible. Now, anyone with decent ranged weapons will go up on the roof top. I want everyone in groups of three and one group of four. Figure out where you need to go- we'll move you if we need to."

"They'll be here, albeit soon. The sun is setting and we need to be ready. Kill them all and don't shoot each other. If a man is down, he's down. Don't try to save him. Are we clear!?"

___

Nearing the city limits, it slowed over a patch of blood and semen on the ground. Pressing it's face against the scent, it growled and snapped up, snarling and clawing at the dirt. Its back swayed, bones crackling, its eyes narrowing in on a few stays that were sent to watch the border. Snapping its jaws, it lunged forward, sprinting and closing the distance between itself and a pair of Gamatoms.

It lunged out onto one as it turned around, plunging itself into his chest and tearing him open. As the other stood in shock to the side, it roared at him, spearing him through the chest and lifting him above its body. Mouth gaping, it drank the blood that poured down its arm, reveling in the first kill of the impending night. The war was coming, and it wanted a part.​

Frank frowned when Eve declared them all dead men walking, but he firmed his expression as she led him and the others downstairs and introduced them to the rest of her crew. After she finished her speech, the men split up and began to make their nervous preparations - a lot of them needing a bit of instruction from JD, holding their weapons clumsily in their hands or clinging to the things as if they were life-supports - and Lapidus stayed behind turning to Eve.

"I don't much appreciate you spitting on the efforts of these men," he said in a wary and raspy voice. "Takes a lot of guts to come down here instead of hiding under the bed with the women and children, praying there's a town left to wake up to in the morning. I understand if you're trying to be realistic and none of these guys will run in the face of death - especially not since what we've been facing since the town was taken over has been ten-times worse. But sometimes a little hope makes the difference between a man getting back up when he's down or not. I brought them here with me today not to be used as fodder for the swarm that's supposed to be comin' but to let them make a choice in what happens and put the power back into the hands of regular humans. Just...have some respect, you know?"

He was silent for a moment, watching as JD corrected one of the men - the 28 year old and stocky baker, Adam - who was having difficulty adjusting his gun in his hands, before he turned old, blue eyes back onto her. "Anyways... I thank you for not turning us away outright and even though I know you're right, I pray you're wrong and we turn back these slime balls with minimal dead on our side. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be headin' up on the rooftop. Daddy was part of the National Guard way back when and taught me how to use a rifle well." Then he gave her a nod and left her side, taking two other men with rifles with himself.

In the town, Jennifer had spread the word along the chain of contacts that were still open and people were rushing home quickly, the streets clearing of everyone before the sky started to turn orange.

***​

When Eve left, Cade cradled Ishu against himself, hugging her tightly to his body and trying not to feel on edge. It was hard, especially with Eve's declaration of death for the new recruits who'd joined them. "Does she honestly think it'll be any better for her and her men?"

He needed to have hope. He needed to believe this would work. Needed to believe they would live. Looking down at Ishu, he caressed her face lovingly and murmured, "No matter what happens, I'm not leaving your side."

***​

Along the eastern road, the buses came, shadows growing long on the asphalt in the orange and red light. All through the ride, the noise within the vehicles did not subside but grew in feverish tempo, so by the time they arrived, the mass growls and roars could be heard above the rumbling of the engines. Outside the gate for the mansion was where they pulled up, emptying their living contents in the street and on the overgrown lawn.

As Elynsynos disembarked, he issued a few orders to the different pack leaders of the group of 60 Gamatoms, and left them to start organizing the rabid army. Walking up to where Quin waited at the gate, every smooth and finely toned muscle rippled with his sauntering steps, broad shoulders covered in sleek, shoulder-length dark hair and the earth itself seemed to bow below his feet.

"Welcome, my Lord," Quin said graciously, bowing low before standing straight as a rod in front of the other Gamatom. "I wish you could be visiting under better circumstances--"

"Forget it, Quin," the dominant Gamatom said, his voices echoing in that silky smooth manner. "I'm more than happy to abandon my post to come see this little circus act you've got going on." Gold eyes looked over the slender Gamatom as he swallowed thickly, before continuing. "Your man briefed me as much as he was able - his ass was such sweet candy - but I'm sorry to say you sent me the one man who knew the LEAST about your current situation. So, after I hear everything directly from you, I'm going to tell you exactly what is going to happen to your precious hovel here. And believe me, candy ass or no, it's not nearly enough to pay for the damage done to the brethren's reputation with this lovely story you've all cooked up."

Eve listened to him and didn't comment. In all honesty, she agreed. They shouldn't be battered by her words- but she couldn't let them come to the fight and expect to live. Her own people knew they could die at any moment. For whatever reason, they had been lucky so far. Watching everyone go to their stations, she went back up to the apartment. She saw Haijime, now holding an automatic, and nodded, "Gabriel, you should get down with the others."

Grunting as he pushed himself up, he drew his weapon and looked over at her before walking past her and going outside, descending the stairs and joining the fleet in the parking lot.

Eve picked up her sniper rifle and looked over at Haijime, "I'll be up top. Michelle will stay here." She turned on the radio on her hip, "we'll keep in touch." She stepped out of the apartment and jumped up onto the railing, using the weight of her weapon to help throw herself up, flipping backwards and landing onto the roof.

Haijime looked back at Cade and Ishu, seeing Cade talk to her quietly. He smiled and looked back ahead of them, giving them some privacy.

Michelle spoke into her radio, "Alright team- it's lookin' like they're getting their numbers together."

Ishu smiled at Cade and nodded, happy to hear that he would stay with her no matter what. She believed that everything would be ok in the end.

___

Tearing the skull of the slaughtered Gamatom from the skin, it pushed the skull into its mouth and crushed it into bits with one chew, swallowing the bones and gnawing on the brain matter before swallowing it as well. Prodding into the skin sack, it grunted- it had already eaten everything but the skin. Huffing, it turned its body and turned its chin up, inhaling the scent of something stronger than just a Gamatom.

Teeth exposed as it grinned, the black in its eyes whispering around the glowing gold iris. Snapping its' jaws, it rushed past the bloody patch it created and hurried into the city.​

Standing on the hill next to the elder, Quin watched as the Gamatoms marched with the setting of the sun, the large orb in the sky turning everything a blood red as it dipped below the horizon. There was no order to the ranks, a writhing mass of bodies, wild, beast-like eyes glowing in the dimming light and the hum of boots on the pavement and rumbling growls mixing in harmony.

Hart approached from below where the last ranks of Gamatoms stood, ready and waiting for the final strike, bowing slightly to the Lord before turning icey blue eyes onto Quin. Coming to stand beside the other man watching the procession make it's way into the city, he murmured, "I blame you for this. I told you to look after him."

"Me?" Quin said with a note of incredulity as he cast a small glare at the darker haired man. "If anyone should be blamed, it's Cade for doing this in the first place."

"Those years ago when you stopped in NYC with your pathetic little band and I met him for the first time, I let you convince me to allow him to go with you with the promise that you would take care of him. Is this your idea of leadership?"

Quin shook his head with a sneer and looked away from him. "What did you expect me to do? Cade is a free spirit... he likes his space and I've found he did better when I gave him enough room to move around. So, I stepped back and let him do his thing. The one time I DID exert my authority and he runs off completely to join the humans and that filthy woman who decided to shoot at me - THAT is what happens when you try and dominate Cade, alright? He'd rather listen to some gun-toting bitch on a hopeless quest, than his own brethren. Even Valheru couldn't sway him. So don't fucking come here acting like I stood by and let all of this happen. Cade made his choices and like a stubborn fool, rejected what I offered."

Hart said nothing as he watched from the mansion's porch, the brethren disappear from sight within the city but he made note of the Leader's haughty grin as he stood proudly on the other side of Quin.

Through the streets, following the dominant growls of their different faction leaders, the Gamatoms ran, most nude from the waist up and several naked altogether. Any humans, men or women that they met in the streets were killed, no moment spared to feast as they swarmed towards the apartment complex, shadows enveloping them as night fell.

***​

Lapidus looked up when Eve joined them on the roof, nodding to her respectfully before turning back to his gun set up on the edge of the roof, looking through the scope down below. "They're comin'," he murmured in his graveled voice, blue eyes fixated and targeting at the farthest spot where the first would become visible. "Can't see any of 'em yet, but you can hear 'em."

Men positioned below at different parts of the gate, adjusted their hands on their weapons, looking anxiously about as the bloody growls in the distance grew louder.

The great bulk of the Gamatoms came charging from the front street while the rest came around the back of the complex, swarming towards the gate. As soon as the Gamatoms came into sight, Frank opened fire, old eyes fixated on the mass of flesh below.

Isaiah revved his chainsaw, rushing forward as the Gamatoms became to flood over the fence. He sliced through them while JD and a few others opened fire, taking out the strays.

Gabriel kept their backs clear, firing at Gamatoms that came too close to them.

Eve immediately began to fire, shooting into the torrent that appeared at their front. As the numbers began to grow, she looked over at Frank and the others with him. She said nothing as she continued firing, swiveling her weapon around to take out a Gamatom that had jumped the fence and headed toward the back of the others. She got him in the shoulders and swiveled back, leaving Gabriel to splatter his brains on the parking lot pavement.

She pulled the clip back, a shell spitting over her shoulder as she fired into the flood of Gamatoms again.

Isaiah yelled out as the Gamatoms began to swarm him, slicing through three of them and kneeling down as JD fired over his head, knocking a Gamatom back by putting a good 50 bullets into his chest. Isaiah then stood and moved back, keeping the other men covered as Gamatoms came at him again.

Back
Top Bottom