Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your Royal Vows [ Dev && WhiteStar ]

Devxx

Star
"So what do you think of her? I heard Lady Denning that she was throwing a fit in her room last night." A hush voice whispered as two maids started giggling back and forth. They were busy scrubbing the floors in the main hallway in preparation for some great banquet that was supposed to take place soon. The two girls had been up since dawn and they had been filling their time doing what maids did best; gossiping. The whole castle had been swarming with talk after the wedding that had happened last month. The kingdom of Terrin finally had their new queen after all these years of waiting. The king was getting old now and he needed an heir to the throne so it was no surprise that he had picked a young bride. Still, just because she was the queen didn't mean she was free from the bite of gossip.

"Would both of you hush up. You never know whose listening." A stern voice called out from behind them as they turned to see a rather large and matronly woman giving them a glare. Both the maids giggled nervously as they went back to their scrubbing while the older woman merely rolled her eyes and walked off.

It was true though, the ears had walls and when you were in a castle like this it was very hard to keep any secrets. The woman in question was currently in her own private chambers staring absentmindedly at the mirror while she brushed her hair for what seemed like the hundredth time today. Elena...Queen Elena looked every part of what a young queen should be. The woman had light, blond hair that hung down her back in loose curls and green eyes that shone out from an almost doll like face. Everything about her from the porcelain skin to the pleasing curves made her look so very beautiful and fragile, just like a queen out of a fairy tale. Yet this story had no happily ever after and this woman didn't need protection from any monsters or dragons. What she needed was to be rid of the man she was forced to call her king and her husband.

There had been talks of the wedding for years ever since she was a young teenager. Her family wanted more power in court so they had been pushing her forward as a possible candidate for the aging King's wife. Every little political plan had been put into place to make sure that she was chosen as the new queen and that her family would rise to power above all else. It didn't matter to them that the king was in his sixties and could easily be the young woman's grandfather. It didn't matter to them that she had no love for the man and the thought of him touching her absolutely revolted her. All they cared about was power and now they had it. For her own part though, Elena wasn't going to take this with a smile and do nothing for her life.

The girl had always been incredibly shrewd when it came to court life. She knew how to get exactly what she wanted and wouldn't let anything stop her. Elena might have no desire for the white haired king but she loved the power her new position gave her and if she had her way she would be ruling this land within a year. The woman might appear fragile and innocent but behind those long lashes and pretty green orbs worked a mind that could rival any warlord in strategy.

"Um...yo---your highness? King Alexi requested your presence in the great hall. He said there is someone there he wanted you to meet." A meek little voice called out behind her as Elena turned to see one of her chamber maids waiting there nervously. Giving another sigh she set down her comb and got up off her chair before making her way to the great hall. No doubt her husband had some unimportant noble who wanted to meet their new queen and spit out lies at how happy they were to have her. It was pathetic really; this whole political game. No wars could be fought that rivaled the amount of backstabbing and cutthroat actions that nobles would use just to cement their position in court.

Finally coming to the doors of the great hall she brushed a hand over her dress which clung to her and showed off one of the main reasons why the king had married her in the first place. Closing her eyes for a moment she put on a fake smile she had used during her wedding before opening the doors and entering.

Silence immediately followed the Great Hall the moment Queen Elena entered the large room. The Great Hall contained a large table with many chairs where King Alexi sat at the center of the long table. He wasn't alone, there was a man sitting next to him sharing a drink with the King. The man quickly stood up and bowed as Queen Elena made her presence now.

After the bow, the man pushed his chair out and made his way over to the chair to the left of the King. "Milady... please have a seat..." he said, as he looked to the King. The King nodded his head, "You know... I have servants for this type of thing..." commenting on the fact that the man was pulling out a chair for the beautiful Queen Elena. After the comment, the King reached his hand out and lifted up the glass of wine and took a sip.

"Well, my King... since the servants were excused because of our private meeting... I took it as my duty... as I do serve you..." said the man, who was in his early thirties. "Just as my father did... and his father...and so on..." said the man. The King smiled and laughed. "I am truly grateful for what your family has done for mine. And now, that Elena is here...my Queen...you now have another member of my family to make sure that the well-being is safe...do you hear me?" stated the King. The man nodded. "I will be her shadow as well... as yours..." said the man, before standing up and grabbing his sword and makes his way to the door. "I'll leave you two alone...and I'll get on that task...that we talked about earlier..." said the man, before exiting the Great Hall.

The King smiled, and turned to Queen Elena. "My Queen..." he said, taking hold of her hands and holding them as he stare into her beautiful eyes. "How are you finding your new home? Are you having trouble adjusting to your new life?" said the King as he then leaned in and gave Queen Elena a kiss on the cheek. The King at his prime was tall dark and handsome. Now, in his early sixties, he's skinny and wrinkled. It's no wonder, he has hired more guards to protect the castle. Though the man that was just in here, wasn't a guard, nor the right hand man.

His name is rarely mentioned, unless the man truly trusts the person that's is standing before his presence. That was why the King or the man when introduced to Queen Elena, his name wasn't mentioned. For the time being, all she needed to know was that this man will become her shadow. He will now of her every move...whether it be dining at the Great Hall with the King, as they were about to commence, or alone in her bedroom sleeping. The King smiled as the doors to the Great Hall opened. "My Queen... are you famished? Because I am..." he said, looking at the large rectangular table as servants entered and began displaying tonight's food for the King and Queen.

[[oic: not really happy with this, but it'll have to do, as this is my first rp in a long time]]

Elena was surprised to see a man there that she hadn't seen before. After a month as queen she thought she had met all the important nobles by now but she was positive she'd never laid eyes on this man before. Yet if he was important enough to command a private audience with the king then she had better be on her toes. Elena returned his bow wiht a small curtsey of her own as seh walked over to teh table.

"Thank you sir." She said simply as she sat down on the offered chair while still staring at him with a curious eye. Just who was this man and what was so important that the king would see him by himself? Usually this hall was crowded with advisers and lords all trying to get the king's ear and maybe win favor in court. Whatever it was she would have to be cautious.

"My shadow?" Elena asked as she looked from one man to the other. This strange man had said something about it being his duty to serve and watch over the king which must have made him one of the royal guards. Yet she hadn't seen him on duty with the others even when they were running morning exercises. If he was to be her shadow that meant he would be watching her very closely which only made the woman nervous. Did the king already have an understanding of how much she despised him and what she wanted to do to him? Was this man a spy who would tell on her if she did even the slightest thing wrong? There were too many questions going on in her mind and she didn't have any answers for them.

Elena had to force herself to not pull back when the old man grabbed her hand and actually had to smile when he kissed her. Any thoughts of him touching her completely disgusted her and she would have been more then happy to slap his hand away. Unfortunately that wasn't an option and she was stuck playing the good wife. "I am having no trouble adjusting highness. I do get a bit lost sometimes but I do love my new home." Elena answered as demurely as possible. She still had a role to play and dammit she would play it well.

"Yes Highness, I suppose I am a bit hungry. But just who was that man?" She questioned as the doors opened and the servants entered with food and the like. Who knew if he'd even give her an answer with all these people around but she was curious to find out as much about the mystery man as she possibly could. The woman wasn't about to let anything interfere with her plans.

The Servants did their job and placed food on the table. It was a huge feast. Though it was just only for the two of them. The left overs would be given to the servants, and if they had left overs it would go to the peasants who couldn't afford a meal. King Alexi looked at Queen Elena as the Servant placed a plate with food on it in front of him, as another Servant did for Queen Elena. "Someone who my family entrusted their safety and lives to for a century now..." said the King as he smiled and turned his face to look at the plate of food in front of him.

As the King lifted up the fork and began eating, the strange Man has left the castle as he was given a mission from the King. It seems there was a letter that the King felt it maybe some truth to it. Yes, the King knew that the Queen was too good to be true. He knew every time he touched her she wanted to pull away. King Alexi, wasn't that blind by his old age. He knew the reason why Queen Elena married him. Some of his noblemen told him not to go through with it. She wanted power...money...and possibility fame. And what he wanted was a beautiful woman by his side, even if it was for pretend, he didn't mind it. He knew she wouldn't object to him touching her.

So what was this mystery man's mission? Currently, he was going to Queen Elena's village, to mix in with the family. To see if he can get some truth out of them, as to if Queen Elena did really love the King. The Man knew the way Queen Elena walked in, her face didn't show any kind of affection towards the King. But the King wanted some proof, not people gut feelings. So that's what this mission was about. It seems someone dare to reveal the truth about this secret of planting Elena to the top, as the wife of King Alexi.So first, he would meet with this person, before meeting with Elena family.

If torture has to be done for them to reveal the truth, then so be it. The mystery man was certainly not against it. And as for what the King said earlier, this Man being her shadow. Well, this Man has apprentices who can do the grunt work for him. Though, he doesn't really depend on these apprentices much, but in this case, it needed to be done. These grunts were train to blend in the darkness, if they wanted to peek through a window, well learn how to climb a tree so you can be covered by the tree branches with leaves.

Either way, the Man will be gone for about a day, before returning with news for the King.

Elena was picking at her food while she listened to the King's answer. It sounded like he was a personal body guard of sorts but she'd never seen him even when attending different balls or feasts at the castle. Wouldn't a bodyguard stay with the King at all possible moments to make sure he was safe? There had to be something more to this man then what he was telling her but it didn't seem like he would give up that secret just yet. It sounded like Elena would be seeing more of the stranger in days to come so she'd have to see if she could get some answers out of him instead. After all, she was the Queen wasn't she?

Chewing absentmindedly at the food in front of her she knew that she should be savoring the wonderful meal that the chef had made but her mind was troubled. There had been gossip about her ever since she gained her title and she wondered just how much of it the King had heard. It wasn't unheard of for royalty to divorce or for a King to tire of his wife and even have her imprisoned or killed if need be. The man next to her had been great during his prime and no doubt even old age couldn't make a fool of him. Just how much he suspected was still beyond her but he played the part of a loving husband quite well and had a mask that even Elena couldn't crack.

Finishing what was left on her plate she put her napkin down before rising from her seat. "If you'll please excuse me sire. I've been feeling a little tired as of late and would like to retire to my chambers." Elena said as she leaned in a placed a small kiss on the older man's forehead before turning and leaving towards her bedchambers. She would still play her part of the loving queen and would simply have to be more alert to who was around her.

Maybe the meeting had shaken her more then she thought and maybe she was paranoid but for some reason the women couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Like there was always someone lurking in the corner making sure that nothing was amiss. It felt just like being at home once again. Even in her family's manor she was always under the careful eye of one of the nannies or her mother who would always rebuke her if she stepped out of line. Even as a little girl she was told to always act like a lady and never let her true feelings known. Gods how she despised all of them.

Her family saw her as a puppet that they could use to gain favor in court and gain power over their rivals. The King saw he as a pretty little doll he could show off and prove his power to. They all treated her like a china doll to be moved as they wished and so none had any idea of just what was going on in that pretty little head of hers. This woman wouldn't be happy with fancy clothing or servants to fulfill her every desire. She wanted power, craved it with her very being and if that mystery man was a threat to her plans then she'd simply have to get around him one way or another.

The King was well defended in his home front. This mystery man, his job is to make sure there's no threat that dares make it's way to the King's home front. So, yes, this mystery man is hardly ever around the Kingdom where King Alexi and Queen Elena rules. And when he's around, he's hardly there for more than three days. The sun was falling, the moon was rising. The King finishes his meal as the Queen leaves. It almost seem as it was planned, as the sun disappears into the horizon and the moon drops down from the heavens.

Never on the lips...except for their wedding day. The King Alexi thought to himself as he sat there watching the Servants clean up the large rectangular food by removing of the left-overs. What was the point of having such a young spirit if she dares not to show what her young body can do. He remember that night where they slept together, it was after the wedding. That was the only night it seems. Before Queen Elena left the Great Hall King Alexi responds, "I'll be there in a few moments..." he said, nodding... thinking to himself, how will she react? Was it unheard of for a husband to wish some quality time with his spouse?

During the dining of the King and the Queen, the mystery man was still on his way to Queen Elena's village. He was traveling by horse. It shouldn't take him no longer than a day's journey. But since night has fallen. The mystery man decided to travel for another mile or so before setting down in an area where he'll sleep for the night. The grassy ground was usually this man's bed. Back in the castle, every move that the Queen made, was being recorded by the apprentices of the mystery man. They were making sure they remember everything and not forgetting anything, because they'll have to write detail reports of the Queens action.

After a mile of riding the horse, the mystery man finally came to a stop. He knew that the horse was tired after riding so long. He got off of the horse and walked a bit before, sitting himself down under the tree and staring up at the sky. He wonder if the King was safe. He knew that the Queen was up to something...usually woman in power...were always up to something. King Alexi finally made his way to the Queen's chamber. He pushed open the door and looked around, "My Queen?"

Elena closed the door behind her none too gently as she stormed into her bedchambers and hand through her hair. She had been planning on getting some time to herself tonight but it didn't seem like that was going to be happening. Even though she had married the King only a month ago the only time they really spent together as a married couple had been on their wedding night. Since then it always seemed like he was either busy with ruling the kingdom or she had some excuse as to why she needed to be alone. It was strange after all, a newlywed couple should have been hard pressed to ever be apart from each other but then most of them weren't married to someone that could pass for their grandfather.

He probably wasn't happy with it one bit but he never tried to force anything. There were thousands of women in the kingdom who would have been overjoyed to have married him yet she, one one that was chosen, would have happily passed up the chance in a heart beat. Yet the only way to get the power she wanted was through this position and she'd have to make sure to keep her husband happy no matter what. It would do too much damage if he took up a mistress though sometimes she really wished he would.

The woman pulled off the tight dress she was wearing and changed into a simple white nightgown as she sat down in front of her mirror once more and started brushing out her hair. Her mind went back to the man and just what the job was that the two had been talking about earlier. It was obvious she wasn't mean to hear about it but she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach regarding the matter. Everyone had skeletons in their closet and Elena wasn't too anxious to have hers exposed.

Hearing the creak of the door behind her she turned around and saw the king arrive just as he said he would. "Yes sire?" The woman asked as she turned to him. Sire, majesty or even your highness but she never once referred to him by his first name like a loving wife might. Just how much was obvious to this man even in his old age. "Was there something you wanted?"

There goes that word again, "Sire" even in close doors she decides to challenge his patience. He gently shut the door as he wanted to keep the illusion that they was nothing going on between them. But realistically, there was an internal battle going on between them. It has yet to surface. King Alexi stepped closer towards his beautiful wife. When he heard the following words uttered after "Sire" the King almost felt his blood boil. How dare she asked such a question? Was there something he wanted? Of course there was something he wanted...why else would he have married her, why else would he be here in this room with her?

But once again, just like she was playing it cool, and committed to the role, the King was going to play it cool as well. Even if it might cause him a heart attack. He smiled and raised his right hand and placed it on her left cheek. Follow by a movement of that hand going forward, his fingers going through her hair as that side of her hair gets tucked behind the ear. "I wish it that we have an evening together... tonight...is that so much to ask...of my wife?" he said, moving that hand to the back of her head and forces her to lean forward as he leans in to kiss those youthful lips.

His free hand then slides down, feeling the silkiness of the night grown. He then pulls away after a moment of kissing. "Does the King... need to be any clearer?" he said, walking away from her then walks over to the bed. He sits down, as he disrobes his hefty King's Robe. Revealing his royal garments. Usually, with his past wives, the King doesn't need to say much more...but with Elena, there was a need to. He decided to speak more, "It has been a while... my Queen... how much longer...are we going to play this ruse?"

Elena narrowed her eyes as she watched him move about the room closely. His intentions were perfectly clear but she was fine playing the dumb wife for now. He was getting tired of this game though and she could see that it was beginning to get on his nerves. It was obvious between the two of them just how much distance there was in this little marriage of theirs. This wasn't the fairy tale ending that most little girls dreamed of and no doubt this wasn't what the King had in mind either.

The woman turned her head as she felt his hand on her cheek before he brushed her hair to the side and tucked it behind her ear. inside she was seething but still she managed to keep her face completely blank, devoid of any emotion that might give hint to her thoughts. The woman didn't like being touched without her permission and she especially didn't enjoy being forced into a kiss by this old man. He was the king though and he was used to getting everything that he wanted with no one telling him no. "That depends sire. Are you asking or commanding?" Her tone was even but there was a glint in her eye as she awaited his answer. He was perfectly within his rights as a king and a husband to command her to do something even if she didn't want to.

Green eyes followed him across the room as he walked over to her bed before sitting down and taking off his robe. She was crystal on just what he wanted but that didn't mean she was going to make this any easier. She turned to face him as the rustle of her night gown could be heard while she crossed one leg over the other. "Just what ruse are you speaking of Highness?" She asked, trying to keep her tone innocent and light. The old man was getting very tired of her pushed and it seemed as if she had pushed him just hard enough to break him.

This little outbreak of emotion was being recorded by the mystery man's apprentices. How will the mystery man react when he learns that what the King fear was indeed true? Either way, the mystery man will find out sooner or later. Because he was half of a day trip away from visiting Queen Elena's homeland. But right now during all of this, the mystery man was under a tree resting his eyes. It had been a long day for the mystery man. He had just completed a mission from the King and right away he was told another to be completed by the end of the week.

King Alexi slowly curled his hand into a fist. The King had never lay his hands on a woman before, but maybe this beautiful young mistress who stole his heart from the moment he lay his eyes on her was starting to become an exception. Never in his history of wives did they defy him to the point where he felt his blood was boiling. He didn't want to raise his voice as there were servants outside waiting for a command to serve their King or Queen. The King breathed a bit as he stared at her. "Enough..." the King finally spoke after thinking long and hard about this. "Come here...and sit by your King's lap...show him your affection that you love the land you are granted ownership by becoming his wife...if not...then I don't see any purpose for you any longer...your name has not yet appear on my 'Will' yet...so if I were you...I wouldn't be so confident as to you thinking you'll remain in power if I something were to happen to me...."

She watched him slowly, taking in his body language before making her next move. Obviously he was beyond annoyed and she could see him clench his fist wondering if he would actually use it. She was getting under his skin, that much was easy to tell, but what was difficult was judging just how far she could push him. The man might be old but he had been in more then his fair share of wars and had been a brilliant strategist in his time. Yet this was a completely different battlefield and she wasn't an army general like he was used to facing.

Looking away Elena took a deep breath before planning her next move. That was a direct order and even she couldn't defy the king so outright. Standing up she walked over to him before gathering her loose gown in her hand and sitting on his lap. "I feel completely ridiculous." The woman muttered under her breath as she looked down and could see her feet swinging off the floor. Right now she really did feel like a little girl sitting on a grandfather's lap which was not what one would like to feel when with their husband. She didn't make any motions to do anything other then swing her feet up and down waiting for him to react. Sure she couldn't defy him outright but she could still toe that line of doing what he asked and not a single bit more.

What an elaborate game that Queen Elena is playing. This was all just one big joke to her; this has to be…the King’s feelings were being poked at every moment with this girl. In the past, the prior Queen’s showed affection for the King everywhere he went, as to the point being was to show everyone just how lucky they were to be queen because the King had chose them. But then, as the King got order, and the woman that became Queen, were around his age, as the King had listened to his advisors. And the King wasn’t happy, because the Queen’s that were around their fifties didn’t want to do much but nag, and nag on the King’s ear about what they want to do with the Kingdom.

So the King decided that the next one shall be a younger and more beautiful Queen. Thus, we now have Queen Elena. Who’s currently sitting on his lap, swinging her legs, as if she was a child and he a parental figure, probably because of his old age, he would be the grandfather. But no more, the King feelings are done being toyed with, tonight the King wanted some affection, and he shall have it…even if it makes the Queen sick.

It seem as the King was lost in thought, but really, he was just seeing how long she planned on swinging those lovely legs of hers, or was it just how much the King can tolerate this act of crudeness. So the King finally acted, he couldn’t tolerate anymore of this. He quickly rose his hand and placed his right hand under Queen Elena’s chin, his thumb pressing force on her left cheek, while the other were placed on the other side.

“I shall have what I want…my Queen…” said the King, he leaned closer, his eyes stared into hers as his lips inched closer. “I know we are playing this game…but don’t forget…you were a speck of dust beneath my fingernails…when I went to your village…don’t forget where you came from…” he said, then grabs her and pulls her off of his lap and shoves her onto the bed. “I may be old…but I’m not weak…” said the King, standing up.

She could feel his hand under her chin and his thumb pressed to her cheek was pushing down hard enough to actually cause her some discomfort. Green eyes widened in surprise wondering just what he was thinking. They had only been married a month but he had always been so calm and collected that she would have never thought he'd actually lay a hand on her. This change of behavior was causing her heart to beat faster wondering what was going to happen next and if she had pushed him too far for her own good.

Anger was evident in her eyes as she clenched her jaw to keep from firing back at him. Her breathing got heavier as her chest was rising and falling as it took every ounce of willpower to stop herself from slapping him right then and there. A speck of dust, that was what he had called her. This old fool in front of her had actually compared her to a speck of dust and all it did was make her hate him all the more. She might not have been queen but at least she had been happy in her village without having to prance around in some poofy dress and pretend to care about a man she hated.

Elena let out a small gasp as he pushed her off his lap and onto the bed. She landed on the mattress with a thump as she winced slightly from the pain shooting up her wrist from the landing. Her hair fell over her eyes as she looked up at him with obvious hatred. "You can be as strong as you want but you're still an old man, highness." She spat that last part out as she looked up at him. He could be as strong as he wanted but that wouldn't change the fact that he was still old and was getting older with every passing day.

Sitting down she brought her knees up to her chest and blew a strand of hair out of her face. "There are some things even you can't force." She let out, not even looking at him. He could never force her to act like a loving queen or even do more then pretend to care about him. When out of the public eye he'd always know that she despised him with every fiber of her being and nothing was going to change that.

Whak! The Alexi had enough of her foolishness, and out of frustration from his new Queen, he raised his hand and slapped her. He then backed up a few steps. “Never in my life…had I ever hit a woman…but I’ll make you an exception…if you don’t show me affection…fine…if I can’t force you by taking away your power…then perhaps…I’ll force you by telling you that the man you saw earlier…he’s on his way to dispose of your family…on my order…” he said, turning around and walks towards the door.

“Their bloods is on your hands…Queen…” he said, glaring at her as he opens the door and walks out follow by a slam of the door shut. King Alexi quickly walks over to his bedroom which wasn’t far. Just as he left, one of the apprentices of the mystery man jumps down from the ceiling and appears behind the King. “Your majesty…” the King stopped, “Tell him to do it…send out our fastest bird…her family to be disposed of by morning…” the King then resumed his walking to his bedchambers.

The apprentice nods and runs the other way as fast as he could to the rooms where they kept all the birds that were messengers for the King. As for the mysterious man, he was resting under the tree. Only one hour has passed by since the man arrived at this location. He yawns, as his power nap was done. He clapped his hands to wake the horse as he got back on and began riding towards his destination.

Elena's widened as she gingerly put a hand to her cheek where she could already feel the pain flowing through to the rest of her body. Her mind was almost at a state of shock as it tried to process just what had happened. Never had anyone actually laid a finger on her in such a way and she wouldn't have imagined the King to ever have been able to do so. She had pushed him too far but that little act had pushed her just as hard as she could feel the anger boiling in her blood even as her cheek started to go numb.

Her head shot up as she heard what he just said and it seemed as if all the blood had drained from her face leaving her as pale as a ghost. Her family. He was going to kill them.

As he shut the door it seemed to awaken her as Elena shot up off the bed and grabbed the nearest thing to her which happened to be the mirror before she threw it against the wall shattering it into a thousand little pieces. Some of the pieces ricochet against the wall and dug into her hands where little drops of blood fell to the floor around her. That monster was going to have her family killed and he had the gall to say that their blood was on her hands because she wouldn't show him affection after being forced to marry him. With that she let out a cry of anguish before collapsing on the bed as tears streamed down her face and the blood on her hands stained the white nightgown.

Even through all the tears it was still anger that reigned supreme in her heart as it cried out for revenge. Elena was not a woman to simply sit back and act docile in order to please a monster like Alexi. Her family's blood might be spilled but she would make sure he paid in full for what he had done. She would bring down both him and his puppet in the worst way she knew how as she twisted and manipulated them until their corpses laid at her feet and she took his kingdom from him.

Elena would have her revenge.

The horse was now galloping on the dirt road heading towards Queen Elena’s village. It seemed all it needed was a bit rest. The mystery man couldn’t help but keep fantasizing about Queen Elena as the horse hurried on towards their destination. He wondered why King Alexi gave him such an order. To interrogate them about the Queen as if there was trouble in paradise. Sleeping with such a beautiful lady, how could that ever be a bad thing?

The mystery man had a widen smile on his face. He couldn’t help but retain the beauty that of which was Queen Elena. How could he interrogate the Queen’s family? They were probably wondrous people, happy that their little home town girl is married to the King. And that was exactly that, within an hour, the mystery man arrives at the village of where the Queen had spent her childhood life.

Everyone was out celebrating, that one of their own was now at the royal palace. Men were drunk and shouting out “Hurray for Elena!! May our happiness live forever…this is to our sixtieth day of celebration!” the mystery man hop off of his horse and walks over to these group of men shouting out how happy they were.

“Excuse me men…did the King pay for all of this?” said the mystery man. The men shouted for no apparent reason. The mystery man figured they were drunk with alcohol. “Do you know Elena?” shouted one of these men. “Yes, I do…I work for the King…” said the mystery man. “Hey wife, give this man some good ale…he’s a friend of Elena’s…” replied the man. “If you don’t mind me asking…how did they meet…” said the Mystery man. Remembering that if they gave him trouble about the past of Elena, he will have to interrogate them and if they still aren’t cooperating then death be upon them.

Back
Top Bottom