Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger and nightsorceress

"I've been a soldier for about...ah...four months now. I'm still new but I can easily hold my own unless they're sneak attacks...speaking of which, you've never encountered any bandits of the sort around here?"

Aurora was shocked to hear he was so new she figured with the way he carried himself he had been one for years. "there are bandits but then never come out here. Never had any trouble with them"

Aurora shook her head. "i guess there is a balance here, perhaps why the wolves never bother me, and the bandits never have a reason to either. Maybe there was so truth to what my father said about the world being to dangerous."

"Yeah I guess." He said shrugging as he laid back. "The world may be dangerous but its people like me who are there to protect people like you." He said smiling to her.

Aurora laughed she had a wonderful laugh. "well its people like me that help people like you after you are done protecting" she said with a smile.

"I'm not done protecting miss. I was actually patrolling the woods for any signs of the nearby town sending soldiers to attack us but...I guess they have not."

Aurora shook her head. "It seems you have a lot to learn about these woods. There is no here but me and the bandits" She shrugged a little she figured that most outsiders would not know about the woods

Aurora didn't even realize it was getting late it had been so long since she had anyone to talk to. "yes i suppose you are right. Can i get you anything before i go?"

Aurora smiled softly "its Aurora, and like i said i am right down the hall if you need anything" She moved the door she paused a moment to see if he said anything else

"Aurora...what a lovely name..." He said to her as she walked away. He smiled as he closed his eyes and laid back, trying to get some rest but it was hard as he had just woke up moments ago.

Aurora couldn't help but wonder just how long he would stay. She walked to the living room added some logs to the fire and settled on the since he was staying in her bed room

The next morning...

Nathan awoke with a yawn as he sat up. His wounds had fully healed and he felt as good as new now. "Wow....I feel amazing haha. I should really thank that Aurora girl."

Aurora had fallen a sleep on a blanket near the fire that was almost burnt out. She often fell a sleep next to the fire watching the flames dance and she deep in thought.

During the night, Nathan awoke, unable to sleep. He began to contimplate things in his head over what would he do from here on out and how he would thank this girl for her hospitality.

By the next morning Aurora had woken. She stretched a little and then moved to the kitchen to begin making breakfast for Nathan. She tried not to make noise because she figured he would still be asleep.

Aurora finished cooking and put the food on a tray. She tipped toed down to the bedroom not wanting to wake him if he was still a sleep. SHe carefully open the door and peaked her head inside to see if he was awake.

"Oh your awake" she smiled and entered the room with a tray of food. She brought it over to him. "I hope you like pancakes, eggs and bacon" she bit her lip not sure what he liked.

Nathan smiled and nodded. "Yes, I do. Thank you Aurora." He said before sitting up completely, happy to see he again. "You've done so much for me, are you absolutely sure there's no way I can repay you?"

Aurora moved closer to the bed she set the tray down on on his lap taking a seat once again in the chair by the bed. "No there really is not, as i said before just having you here is enough." She paused. biting her lip as if in thought. "well maybe there is one thing, when you are ready to go home if you could not tell anyone i am out in the woods that would be greatly appreciated."

Nathan shrugged. "To be honest, I've got nowhere to go. I am a freelancer, a roamer, traveler...journeyman. I was just hired as a mercenary to take out the bandits around here for the King but...well you see how it ended."

Back
Top Bottom