Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Accepting Applications- M and F for Avatar: The Last Airbender rp

grendelsblueichor

Supernova
Alright. Another rper and I got together and decided we'd like to do an ATLA roleplay. All characters would be OC, male and female are both acceptable.

The story is this:
Nearly one hundred years after Zuko took the throne and the Fire Nation united once more with the other Nations, the new Avatar has been announced. She is a Waterbender and is on the quest to master the four elements.
Both Zuko and Aang are dead. The descendants of the Dai Li's agents that were under Azula's command have formed their own legion, determined to destroy the Avatar whose past life shamed their families.
When he was alive, Aang stripped Azula of her bending abilities. Azula's son, infuriated at finding out his mother's cruel past and the actions of the Avatar, is intent on revenge. He has his own army of Firebenders who stand behind him.
Within the past few years, the two factions gained knowledge of one another. Seeing their common goal, the two joined forces with Azula's son at the forefront. Azula's son is probably in his 40's-60's, so he could also have grandchildren intent to help further their father's ambitions and restore glory and power to the Fire Nation in an attempt to restart the war.

We are wanting this to be pretty balanced, one male for one female type thing. So right now we are accepting applications and once we have narrowed it down, we will begin posting.
The other character being played is an Earthbender, so we need an Airbender and a Firebender. Airbender's are still pretty scarce, never reaching even half the full force they once were in Aang's youth nearly 200 years past. If you apply to be the Airbender, know that your character will probably not be coming into the rp for quite a while, as they will be hard to find, probably in hiding or training in secret at one of the Air Temples.
Preferably, we would also have someone play Azula's son, with others playing his children, if he has any. Preferably the Firebender would be someone from this rebellious group who eventually joins the Avatar on her journey. It could also be possible to have other characters like Jet, Tai Li, and Suki, though obviously OC versions. If you have questions, please post here or PM me.

My character:
Dahenahi, nicknamed Nahi. She is the female Avatar, a Waterbender. At fifteen, she finally mastered Waterbending and is setting out to seek training from masters in the other elements.

Nahi was raised in the Northern Water Tribe. Her father was killed in a fishing accident, her mother seriously ill. She is the illegitimate child of the head of the Princess' guard. He visited her every few months, never really having time for her because of his other family.

Upon finding she was the next Avatar, Nahi became enraged. She was all her mother had left. She put off going out into the world for as long as possible, wanting to be there for her sickly mother. Eventually even her mother knew it was time for her to leave and forced Nahi out.

So, with that, let the applications begin!

If it's down to chosing between an airbender and firebender, I have an idea for a firebender. I don't particularly care, as I could cook something up for an airbender. But, that being said, I do prefer going with something I have an idea for already that I can work off of. I'll give this a try if you're still looking.

Please feel free to create a character. We still don't have a permanent Firebender, so I'd definitely appreciate it if you made one. Thanks!

Absolutely not, we're just wanting a minimum of four, so this 'Avatar gang' will have one from each element. As stated in the opening, we would also appreciate someone playing Azula's son and possibly his children and side characters would be welcome.

Well let me know if there is a position open for another earth bender. I am interested. Like alot.

You can go ahead and make another Earthbender, if you'd like. The rp is starting out in the Earth Kingdom. We've already started the rp so the main Earthbender and the Avatar can get to know each other and build some background. We won't be opening it up to others until we get at least one Firebender and one Airbender.

I would be more than happy to play an airbender! I'm not even that fussed if I start later than everyone else, just gives me more time to create the perfect character for the role!

Awesome! Could you guys at least say what your names are and include a picture so we can get a better feel for you? Post your completed bio and background when you can so the two of us can approve them.

Baldemar is one of the few airbenders left in the world. As soon as his ability as an airbender was discovered, Baldemar was taken from his family to be trained by masters of the art. Being separated from their family was a tradition for all airbenders due to the dedication it took to master the art, as well as the fact that there was so few airbenders.

At the age of seventeen, Baldemar finished his training, spending the next year travelling the mountains and the air temples in the hopes of furthering his mastery, as well as maybe finding a pupil for himself. Never forgetting the bond that had developed between himself and his master and hoping to install that relationship into his own pupils.

I have a pretty good idea for a firebender (could also convert her into an airbender if last minute calls are needed), I just need a little bit of time to make her. This Christmas has sucked away quite a bit of time, but I should have something up relatively soon.

A nice little snipit that works, I think....be turning her into an Open Character as well.

(credit goes to original artist for image)Lawan is a not too well known firebending master who originates from well within the nobility of the Fire Nation. She is more famous for her dancing and performance. From birth she always had a fascination with fire, and it wasn’t too much of a surprise that Lawan was able to tap into the ability to bend fire with brilliant efficiency. At the age of seventeen Lawan made her family proud by mastering all the possible forms of firebending within the Fire Nation, including Lightning. However, something happened not too long after it was declared she was a master…Lawan disappeared.

Eight years later, Lawan reappeared as a considerably different individual then the prestigious prodigy she once was. Her firebending mastery was still present, but she was now using a different style of firebending. Lawan had mastered the Dancing Dragon style of firebending and completely replaced it with what she had known. How she had encountered the Sun Warriors is her own secret, but Lawan had also taken a huge liking to playing Pai Sho.

Now, at the age of twenty-five, Lawan is a renowned dancer and archeologist, searching for ancient histories of times past while also displaying her impressive skills in a very non-violent matter, however the recent upheaval in the Fire Nation has brought about a great change of concern for her. Lawan is very afraid of another great war starting, like her grandparents spoke of in the past, and has silently made her wish to find the Avatar, in hopes of making sure that peace is maintained. No longer a pacifist, Lawan took up her weapon and started to venture further abroad, gaining a larger reputation as a performer and a Pai Sho player. No one knows that she is seeking out he Avatar.

Lawan has a unique very bright orange flame that is different from the standard orange fire that firebenders use, as such it is considerably hotter.

Personality: Lawan is exceedingly vengeful, and has been known to seriously beat those who have offended her so. She is particularly protective of her friends, and going after them is a sure fire way to set her off. However, to offset her violent, vengeful, temper, Lawan is rather openly friendly towards those around her, and not afraid to talk or speak her own mind.

Kurmix, feel free to make a Firebender character, if that's what you'd like.

Shadow, your character sounds great! I really like that you worked in the Sun Warriors to your back story.

Yes. I'm currently doing a PM rp to get some back story with the Avatar and her Earthbending Master before starting. They will already be together when it starts, so we just need them to meet the other two masters and whatever side characters are going to be included.

The Master Earthbender is smoke770077. I've also had interest from Palaios as being a secondary Earthbender. Pandaboi also showed interest in being an Earthbender, but hasn't written up a profile for his char yet. I think it would also be nice to have some non-benders in the group, or some people playing the bad guys.

Well, since all benders are accounted for, I'm gonna go a different direction with my character. While not a villian, it's possibly he couldn't necessarily be a hero. I do enjoy that gray zone...

Daijin was born the son of a man of great notoriety. He was born to Daisuke, the leader of a rebellious faction within the Fire Nation. Apparently his grandmother, a woman by the name of Azula, had made herself quite the threat so as to receive a special "gift" from the Avatar. And by "gift", we mean "removal of her bending abilities". It mattered little to him in his youth, as he did only what he was told and what was expected of him.

But then, as he neared adulthood, his father's army came in contact with another group of traitors, the descendants of Azula's Dai Li agents. They too bear a grudge against the Avatar and many others, and so did the two organizations join forces. This gave Daijin the opportunity to escape the world he had been raised in; a life in exile and secrecy. Indeed, few even know that the man has a son.

And as immediately as his eyes had been opened to the world, so too did he realize the error in his upbringing. Realizing that his father and the many others around him were so very wrong, Daijin fled their encampment. He dissappeared into thin air, perhaps being considered dead or locked away for his heritage. He was gone from the world.....until now.

Hope it's alright that I took the liberty of naming Azula's son. In fact here's something else:

Daisuke. A general of his own army. An army of traitors. Spurred by the fate of his mother, he was quite to raise an army of militaristic individuals and turn them against the Fire Nations...and the world. Believe that the Fire Nation as it is now is weak, he seeks to reignite war across the lands to "weed out the weaklings". He is recently joined by the descendants of his mother's Dai Li agents, and has found them just as indispensable as she had found them when she attacked Ba Sing Se.

A cunning man, he has evaded several attempts at not only the dissemination of his forces but also his very life. Even now, his whereabouts are unknown, and the plans he could be conceiving in such a hide-away threaten the peace of the world.

Blah blah blah, evil villain. Again, hope that's alright. Otherwise I'll toss it...somewhere else. XD

We only need one airbender and it looks like that is taken and there are several people interested in earth and fire, so another waterbender would be good. Or a non-bender if you want to go that route.

I'll take waterbender.

Serph(ignore the staff), a water bender from the Norther Water Tribe has lived his entire life in his older sisters shadow. While he is an average waterbender, his sister, Kat (short for Katherine, but named after Katara), seemed to nearly live up to hopes their parents had when they named her.

Kat, while young, has been accepted as a waterbending instructor. While no one says anything to Serph, he always feels weak next to his sister, and that people make fun of him behind his back. Growing increasingly depressed, Serph decides its time to leave, as much as he loves his family, he can't take the (supposed) ridicule.

As stated before, Serph is a decent water bender, his only true strength is his healing ability, which is also the only thing he did better than his sister. He was originally a kid who always smiled and was quite confident, but recently hes become more withdrawn and silent. Depending on how the story starts he can either be in town preparing and training for when he leaves, or already gone.

Back
Top Bottom