Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

*Closed, Apparently* (Risi and Lord Dakol)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
Minutes passed by as a darkened figure scaled the side of the gigantic castle. Only soft exhales were heard as the cloaked male climbed quickly, using the balconies and edges of windows to get higher and higher. The wind howled in his face, threatening to blow him off to his death, but the young man hung on. Lucius, a young male that was known for his athletic prowess and ability to steal from the rich and give to the... well, give to himself, primarily. He was clued in that the new-ish king had a trove of artifacts and ancient weapons near his room, and it was Lucius' mission to retrieve as much as he could...

A few years ago, a man married the former ruler's daughter, and as a result, became the new king. But it was unknown how old he actually was, or even if it was actually a man. No one but the people who lived inside knew exactly who it was.

Shortly after, Lucius vaulted over the highest balcony, landing into a roll and skidding to a stop... just inside the king's room. Standing up, he began to unwrap the black cloth around his head, uncovering his short, raven black hair and dark green eyes. Having soft, yet chiseled features allowed him a look that eluded most men in the Empire.

Looking around, the man searched the room, rifling through everything, but returning everything to it's original place. Lucius was just about to search the closet when he heard footsteps outside the room. Reacting quickly, he hopped back into the darkness of one of the corners in the room, making himself completely invisible.

RE: The Queen and I (Risi and Lord Dakol)

Clutching the strings on the back of her bodice, Veronica entered the room, then pulled them from the knot they were in, loosening them. The cool breeze of the window assaulted her, making goosebumps rise upon her skin. Rolling her eyes at the servant who had left it open, she sauntered over to the glass and shut it, then pulled the curtains shut. Loosening the silk ribbon a bit more, she finally removed it, resulting in only being in her tight black corset, her cleavage nearly overflowing from the top of the fabric.

Still in her skirts though, she walked over to the mirror, never noticing the cloaked figure in the room. As she began to pull the pins from her hair, her locks began to tumble from the bun it was set tight in. Veronica admired her pale face in the mirror, small lips, deep blue eyes and her 'golden' hair as Timothy called it. She hated that man, her 'dearest husband and King', the thought of his age compared to hers made her sick. Slipping off her heels, she walked towards the closet to put them in their place, along with her crown and jewels.

"Why in your room?" she had asked, when he told her that she would have to bring her things, expensive clothes and all, to his giant closet for safe keeping. He never really replied, but offered her a robe to wear once she was done changing, the same one that hung just inside the doorway now. After dropping off her jewelry in its side of the closet and her skirts and bodice in the other, she grabbed the long plushy violet robe and wrapped herself in it, padding towards the door. Right past the thief hiding in the King's chambers.

Lucius could not have been more surprised to see, not the King or guards, but the Queen herself. His normally half-closed eyes widening in interest as the young girl began to undress, keeping still in the complete darkness that enveloped him His eyes were soon distracted with the notion that she kept her jewels and other important items inside the closet.

Why there...? he thought deeply and calmly. The young man gently bit his lip as he spied the gentle curves that were hidden underneath the robe. After she had passed, Lucius took the opportunity to look up and see another vantage point. Swiftly preparing his legs, Lucius jumped high to the ceiling, his hands quietly gripping the sturdy board above before pulling himself up and into the dark rafters, and without any noise, no less. From here, he was able to follow her if he had decided to leave the room, as the rafters led into the hall outside.

The 'baby' Queen, as she was referred to throughout the castle, walked silently down the corridor, attempting to avoid seeing her husband at all costs. She knew that if he spotted her he would bring her back to his room and want to toy with her all night. Though he could still call upon her during the night, it was less likely. She dodged the main hallways and made the trip to her old "princess room". When her parents had been in reign, this was where she slept, and even though she had become the Queen, her husband had transformed her mothers adjacent quarters into his closet, rather than letting her use them.

As she let herself into her room, she crawled into her bed, pulling the covers up to her chin and laying back. Her eyes were open, thinking of how everything had gone wrong that night. Her eyes flooded with tears, her heart hurting, and the slight thought of fear that her husband would call upon her tonight.

Lucius followed closely above, his footsteps not even making a creak on the boards as he looked down at the Queen. She was then making almost random turns, which confused Lucius quite a bit, but after a while, it became clear she was avoiding the main hallway. As she then entered a room, the young man cursed as the rafter ended before the door.

Looking down, he heard or saw nothing as he jumped to the floor, only making a quiet thud. Seeing that the door was still open, Lucius invited himself in, slipping past the barley manageable crack. He then sunk into the darkness again, watching carefully to see if what else would happen.

Veronica heard the thud however, expecting it to be a guard to bring her where she didn't want to go, so she turned to the door slowly. But still, she was quick enough to see the dark blur enter her room.

"Who's there?" she asked, trying to pretend she was strong, but she was scared out of her mind, clutching the covers to her chest, shaking slightly. When there wasn't a reply, she squinted to the corners of her room and asked, "Hello?" A whimper left her lips softly, afraid of what had come to hurt her.

Lucius now saw that she had noticed his presence, and let out a soft chuckle. "Heh, you noticed me..." he said finally after a few minutes of silence. He still kept to the shadows, however and watched as she clutched the covers over her figure.

"I'm not here to hurt you, Queen Veronica... in fact, I'm here to steal something of your husband's," he answered, standing up so as to only see the outline of his figure.

Still clutching her sheets to her, she attempted to distinguish his face more, but didn't succeed.
"I don't have anything in here, its all in his room." She nearly begged, Veronica was so scared for her life. "Just down the hall, there's everything you could ever want." She sniffed slightly, her eyes brimming with tears.

Lucius raised an eyebrow; she's scared? Well, he was a dark figure watching a lone woman that was naked, so why not?

"Of course, you don't trust me," he muttered, then decided to step from the darkness, revealing his handsome face and physique. "Where is your husband, anyway?" he asked, looking around.

"I-in his r-r-room? In the d-dining hall? Wi-with his harem?" she stammered, still scared to wits end. She had yet to scream, and upon realizing this, she wondered why. Is it his voice? she thought, wondering if she had heard it somewhere before, but knowing that she hadn't.

Staring intently at him, she memorized his face, wanting to remember it if she got away. However, if he left her alone, she would never say a word. "Please, don't hurt me," she repeated.

Lucius was taken aback; a harem? "Wait, why does he have a harem when he has..." a nervous cough came from his throat, "Well, when he has you?" the young man asked curiously.

Even more confusing was the fact she had suspected his actions to be malicious. "Why would I hurt you, ma'am? To be honest, I'm only a thief."

She shrugged slightly, looking down at the bed covers now, slightly embarrassed. "I don't know. I'm not that attractive to him," she added, pursing her lips together, but then remembering the situation. "Because thieves also steal lives at times," she raised an eyebrow and shrugged on her robe that was lying in bed beside her. As she tied it, Veronica slipped out of the bed and walked over to him.

"So, why are you a thief? And why are you here?" she wondered out loud, but studied his face carefully, admiring the chiseled jawline and his bright eyes. "I mean I know why people steal, but," she shook her head at her stupid question, "You know what I mean." She pressed a hand to her forehead, she was still frail, looking almost underfed and underslept. It almost appeared that it took all of her to keep it together without breaking apart suddenly. Giving him a weak smile she moved over to her sitting area and beckoned him to sit beside her in the other chair.

Not that attractive? That's... pretty damn impossible, Lucius thought suspiciously. How could the freakin' king not find his wife sexy? Fuck, even he thought she was gorgeous. With a slight chuckle, the young man shook his head. "Well ma'am, I'm not that sort of thief. I've never been put in a position that forced me to do so."

The thief was certainly surprised as she walked over to him, apparently studying his face in case something happened. But as she sighed and held her head in one hand, a brief look of concern crossed his face, but she never saw it. "Well, your husband has hidden some artifacts, and I'm here to steal them," he replied, "But apparently, you're one of the more priceless valuables." he said with a small smile.

"Um..." he began to she invited him to sit next to her, "I thought you were scared?" he said, but sat down anyway, glancing at the slightly open door.

"You don't strike me as the vicious type," she commented softly, "If you had wanted to hurt me, you would have already." With a shrug she continued, "None of this is really mine any more anyways. I don't really care and he killed my parents, my friends, and kept me alive. I don't think I really fear death anymore." Pursing her lips she put her head back against the chair and closed her eyes in thought.

It went to the day he had came out of nowhere to suit her. She hadn't liked him to begin with, to much show not enough personality. And he brought a giant entourage, whom turned out to be his soldiers. They took the castle by storm in the night, but only the royals were killed and any servants that didn't pledge their services to him. Veronica was the only one spared, for him to marry and play with at his leisure, though he preferred his established harem women.

With a tear, she looked back to the thief. "Your name?" she asked for conversational purposes.

Lucius, oddly, rested on his hand as he looked at her. "You're joking. I mean, I always managed to get away from death, but I still fear it. You'd have to have no soul," he said, then smiled, "And I'm sure you have one, ma'am."

"He killed everyone that didn't serve him... right?" Lucius inquired with a raised eyebrow. He had already had a bad view of royalty, but this one took the cake, apparently.

"Me? Lucius," he answered with a friendly, somewhat flirtatious smile. It wasn't a coy, though; he definitely thought she deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom