Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Wonderland MY ASS!

psychobilly-night

Supernova
Aaah the journals. Figured it'd be fun to make a new journal after my user name change.
So why'd I change my name? I caved into peer pressure and said Fuck it and got it changed (thanks Goatse).

Basically this journal will be about my day to day stuff, my thoughts on things such as video games, entertainment, roleplay, politics, and such. As well as random thoughts in my head. And they get pretty fucking random. As in one time me and a friend got into a discussion on why the plural for fetus should be Feti (it just sounds cooler). Whatever.

So stay tuned, or don't... I don't give a damn either way. Comment if you want I'm open to critique of the intelligent kind.

PS3 woes.
Recently during Thanksgiving my PS3 broke. I'd be playing a game and it would freeze up and suddenly shut off. So now it's dead. Damn. But luckily I plan on getting a new one for Christmas so I can finally play Splatterhouse.

Now for those who don't know what I'm talking about. Splatterhouse was an old arcade game released back in... 88 or 89? I don't remember but it was known for at the time for it's crazy disturbing shit. As Corey Coleman of Spill.com put it "Friday the 13th meet H.P. Lovecraft". Also it was the first arcade game to get a parental warning sticker and in a way it kind of helped pave the way of modern horror gaming.

Anyway most people, namely critics, aren't gonna like Splatterhouse. I personally blame all the damn modern warfares and black ops and stuff. Seriously can we just get a petition going to at least go a year without any real world shooters? Don't get me wrong, I love games like Battlefield bad Company but I'm getting sick and tired of hearing "Oh Modern Warfare/any COD Game is the best game ever!" Ah well probably just my opinion. I tend to love games that are usually hated by critics such as Sengoku Basara and Postal 2.

Speaking of Postal I'm excited as hell for Postal III. I like how it's a bit more story driven and in third person. But so far I'm not liking the animations and such. Ah well, Postal 2 was pretty low budget and it was awesome as hell.

RE: Been awhile since I've done this.

Okay sweet just three more days of this semester left and two weeks of doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing but playing video games, roleplaying, Civilization IV and web comic browsing.

Also recently I learned of the sequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy (called Duodecim... no idea what that is). Should be pretty awesome since they got Laguna in it. Sorry FFVII nuts, personally, I thought VIII was better than VII. That and Golbez's third outfit is pretty beast. Kinda has the cool monk like feel to it. Lightning... eh... I haven't played FFXIII but once I get my new PS3 i'll check it out.

RE: Been awhile since I've done this.

Okay as my sig says I'm getting tired of people setting up Post Requirements. Now while I understand setting a guideline like "Atleast try to get in 3 sentences." I can under stand that. But most of the time you see people people putting up "Give me five paragraphs or no deal." I mean... seems a bit harsh. And yes I can type more than five paragraphs but I'd rather save that for essays and such. Not roleplaying.
But I'm not bitching about that paragraphs exactly.
It's these Literacy Levels. Not just on this site, but on other sites a lot of people seem to get the definition of Literacy wrong.
For some reason nowadays Literacy means how much you can type. And yes this bothers me a little bit. Mainly because Literacy by definition is being able to read, write and comprehend basic English language (or whatever your native language is). My niece wrote a four and a half paragraph about what she wants to do for Christmas Vacation for her school. Fucking thing is filled with grammar errors, misspellings and the whole nine yards, hell if she put that on most of these sites where people practically preach about these Lit. levels then they would consider her Advanced Lit or whatever the hell you guys call it now a days.
I personally find it unrealistic to set these boundaries. Because, well honestly only three or five sentences is all you need at times. Not the five bahjillion paragraphs most people require. I mean, honestly if you are capable of writing that many paragraphs then awesome. Good for you. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic snarky tone. I'm just ride of potentially awesome RPs ending just because I didn't write 500+ words even though I wrote enough to keep the RP going. *facepalms* I would link you to a recent example but I don't want to incriminate her over something stupid. That and i don't know if she has totally left it out.

RE: *Sweet ass upright bass solo*

Forgot to add something.
Now not always but about 90% of these so called adv. lits are the snootiest mother fuckers I've ever seen. Like being able to type a fuck load of paragraphs and calling themselves Advanced Literate REALLY makes them that fucking important.

Hope you don't mind me posting but I agree entirely. Literacy is your comprehension of your language and how well you are able to use it. Not how many paragraphs you can write. I'm just impressed as to how few people I see using chat speak anymore on roleplaying sites. It's something quite refreshing. Back on topic though, I whole-heartedly agree with you.

I'm trying a thing in which I change the name of the journal thread to something relating to the latest post. Tell me what you think.

You know what sucks sometimes being part of a small time forum like this? When you do something that kinda ruins your appearance and makes you look like a complete asshole to the forum. I'm sure we've all been there sometimes. I remember one where I posted something in PvP and realized I meant to post it somewhere else.

Also recently... well... today. Well let me explain.
Me and another user were doing an RP. It was a kickass idea. Basically my character was an American living in Japan. He somehow got involved with the Yakuza and winds up being forced to marry a geisha of another clan in order to bring peace between two rivaling clans. Oh man it was gonna be sweet. I had so many ideas for it. Cool ass fight scenes, hilarity, ecchi situations, racial tensions (since one of her ideas was to make the Geisha kinda racist against my character). Then I had to blow it.

To Juicy Fresh
I apologize greatly for being an ass and jumping the gun. For some reason I thought you had dropped the RP because of your post requisites and the fact that you said that if one didn't meet those requirements that you'd ignore them so I was kinda worried that I didn't meet those requirements. Okay yes that sounded a wee bit corny.
I know that Writer's block can get the best of us and I understand now why you didn't post. I'm an idiot.
We can continue the RP if you want but if you don't want to it's understandable. I just wanted to apologize for my being an asshole. It wouldn't been a really badass RP if it weren't for me.

RE: Apologies to Juicy (At bottom)

Well luckily I patched things up with Juicy Fresh.
Good news is, she accepted my apology and was nice about it.
Bad news is we won't be continuing the RP.

But atleast all is well now. Well and so ends another day. See ya'll tomorrow guys. Same Psychobilly place, Not so same Psychobilly time. Good night.

RE: The cheesy ending of a sitcom.

Well today I had to perform a bit of an operation my PS3 60 gig model. I've had the thing for years and it got the Yellow Light of Death during Thanksgiving. So after all this time I finally realized "Fuck! My game was in there!" A game I spent many many hours on. So I had to take apart my PS3 to get the disc out. Ah well. I'm getting a new one this christmas. Now I gotta get the harddrive out so I can use it to carry over my game progresses. Man and I was extremely close to unlocking Nobunaga Oda.

RE: Last time on ER Game Room.

Yup, especially with Postal 3 coming to PS3

Alright! Last day of the semester tomorrow and luckily It's a half day for me. But as I think about next semester (my last semester of highschool... for good) I keep remembering my dream.

My dream is to one day make a shop where people can come in and make their shirt. I'm not talking some airbrush and shit, I'm talking about full on ink, screens and everything. Kinda like the Build-A-bear but for shirts. I don't know what I'd call it though.

RE: Sweet dreams are made of ink.

Well I had an awesome christmas!
I got the PS3 God of War bundle and Splatterhouse (which.is.fucking.awesome. may do a review later), a Monty Python DVD, Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter, a bitchin Marvel vs Capcom hoodie, a T-shirt that says "STREET FIGHTER II ZOMBIES" and has a picture of zombified versions of guile and M bison fighting, and several other things.
Today I went after christmas shopping and purchased Batman Arkham asylum and Uncharted 2, a Soul eater necklace, Soul Eater volume 4, Scott piglrim 4 and an MXPX CD.
FUN TIMES!

And now for a shitty plug. I'm currently looking for someone to do a certain RP with me. Here's the link

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=18795

RE: Christmas and a shitty plug

There's a lot of things I don't get...

1. GLEE.
EVERYBODY knows GLEE. Whenever I go on Youtube to look up some Journey song for a friend about 80% of the results are from GLEE. Same thing with Rocky Horror Picture show. Now I watched an episode just to see what the deal was... So... Degrassi with music numbers? I'll Pass.

2. Horror Flicks
Why is it that Horror flicks that are Straight-to-DVD are waaaay better than the ones released in theatres?

On the topic of Horror films.

3. Paranormal Activity
So... two hours of watching stuff move? I actually fell asleep in the theatre... though it was cut short by the little "Cheerleader" crew behind me screaming at almost everything.

4. Cartoons
Why do cartoons suck these days? I remember fondly way back i nthe early 2000's when all the cartoons were awesome. Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Hey Arnold, AAAH Real Monsters and a few others. Now... now it's just shit!

5. Yo Gabba Gabba vs MTV
I've been babysitting my five month old neice alot and because of it I've been watching that Yo Gabba Gabba on demand. Why is it that Yo Gabba Gabba, A FUCKING KIDS SHOW, has a lot better music than MTV? I mean they bring in awesome bands like The Ting Tings, Aquabats (which I think the leader of that band actually created the show), Biz MArkie, The Shins and more. What does MTV have? Well... really bad reality shows. Seriously what happened MTV?! You had awesome shows like JAckass, Wildboyz, Daria, Viva la Bam and more! Now look at you!

RE: We are Rant-amily! I got all my ranters with me!

Well... snowey as hell in Indiana. Big ass winter storm, ice covering pretty much everything, power going out in different townships. Luckily my area still has power. Anyway I've been off school for about three days and out of boredom I began to browse some of my older posts here.

You ever browse through some old posts of a forum you've been on for awhile... and then realize how much of a total DICK you've been. Now at first I though, well they just don't under stand me. Then I realized it was my fault.

My old username. Which was Juggalo-warrior. Now I may be a fan of all things psychopathic but looking back that was a dumb username. Maybe that'd be more appropriate for a 360 gamertag or a PSN ID... Is it called Gamer Tag? I don't own a 360 so I wouldn't know. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I did get some diss on this site due to that name. I can understand, not a lot of clown love. Nothing wrong with that. To each his own. Once again it was my bad that people began to hate me, as if having a shitty username wasn't enough I acted like a total dick and pretty much reaffirmed some stereotypes.
Nothing to do with the post topic but I have this to say on the topic of people who said I'm retarded for liking ICP. Music is not meant to be used as a way to judge people. For example, some people may like Raver music but you never find them at actual raves, some people might like metal but may do things that could be considered un metal. Music should'nt be used for judging. It's meant to entertain those who like it.
Anyway, I have criticized for my roleplaying skills. But ya know? Maybe it isn't such a bad thing. A while back I was doing a roleplay with a user named Atzura. It was a cool RP and I loved where it was going. Though she quit because of a few mistakes I made (adding youtube links to songs for mood is acceptable on some sites but not all). Anyway while I admit some things she was harsh, I over reacted thinking she was attacking me. Really kinda helps ruin your cred a bit. If anything looking back has helped me take criticism more responsibly.

So in a way making mistakes isn't such a bad thing. Infact hell it can help you in the long run. Also to those reading this, even if you have a poor start on a website you can surely make a comeback and help repair your cred a bit. Whether it's just a simple 'I should apologize' or changign your shitty username to a less shitty username. And whenevr you feel that people are being a bit harsh on you, remember that old quote "If you strike me now I will return far more powerful."

Aaaand totally off topic but have you ever found yourself repeating a word over and over again in your head? Weird...

Back
Top Bottom