Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I love Google Docs!

When it comes to Google Docs:

• I use it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • I know of it but don't use it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I don't know of it but interested in trying it out

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I don't know of it and not really interested

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

PatricioINTP

Supporter
Supporter
When it comes to the debate who likes what and for what reason (IM, PM, threads here, or e-mail), how many considered using this or, if you know of any, another online word processor that can be shared online? For those who never heard of it, here is an introduction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqUE6IHTEA

Here is the pros and cons as I see it:

Free, and doesn't require any downloading

Can be shared and used privately between users

Updates the document in real time (fast but chaotic?)

One large copy of your RP instead of bits and pieces clogging your PM or e-mail box

Can save the document offline for backup or viewing

Can post OOC comments to the side (Just found this out!)

You will need to remember to put [done] or other sign saying you are finished. I plan to use this at work during dull moments (yes, I have permission to use Google Docs, though Blue Moon is a no-no), but might have to drop it quickly to take a call.

Editing the text to how you want it to look can be a pain, as it resets itself. For example, I like to use different colors to note who wrote what, and like it to be Times New Roman in 12 pt. I frequently have to reset it to this.

Does anyone else use this or heard about it? Any other pros or cons? Edit: And who are those who don't know of it but willing to try?!? *sniff*

I could see that working for your case but not for a majority. I would see no advantage of it for me personally plus i think BBcode is convienent and i'm used it it. I think you will find someone though.

I think windows live has their own docs also. I never tried google docs for anything. I like my portable word 2003 lol..i still use it on windows 7.

O C T O x p o d said:
I think I'll try it out (obviously if my partners agree)!

Or... with moi? Granted, it's not for everyone, and instead of a bunch of small bits its a whole lot in one. (I wonderith if there comes a point when we have to cut it to part II) The only real problem I have with it that is unique is when your both online viewing the document.

I like to peek and then leave her alone. She checked back in when I was writing and typed in, “Am I making you nervous?” Then, after I learned the mayor of my city committed suicide (or so it seems), we both got side tracked on that. Became a hypergraphic sort of IM for a while, and I hate IM. I want think time!

I got you're PM XD I like the idea of having it all in one document as it's written because I always have to copy/ paste all the replies into a word document :O I can see thought how it would be a draw back always seeing it, because once you post it, you can't go back and change it before you're partner sees it. Which do. A lot >.>

I've used it in the past for RP planning, and did one RP through it at the request of my partner (it was a compromise - they wanted IMs and I wanted threads so we settled on Google Docs). It worked well enough but I won't use it often because I liking having only one or two places to go to write my RPs. If I spread myself to thin between sites/apps then I start to forget where stuff is located and that's never a good thing.

While I do use Google Docs for work- and school-related documents and do enjoy its functionality, I don't know if it's useful in roleplaying. Also, I'm somewhat careful with Google, as it seems that you don't have the copyright, but Google.

That sounds like it is so easy. I wish I would have know this earlier. But I would have to make a new email address for google since I'm know as fallenvixen93 on there

G-docs has been around for a very long while though it has been vastly improved since it first came out. Quite useful, especially when at places where Adult Sites are blocked.

I have people in my work life that use it, but I've never had a real chance to mess around with it. Maybe once I'm back in school and don't feel like having RP site tabs up on my PC XD

I absolutely adore google docs, and I try to persuade people into using them as frequently as possible. It seems they're not very popular, though, and that makes me sadpants. >:

I think Google Docs is a pretty good service, eh posts documents and doesn't afraid of anything.

Back
Top Bottom