Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Freshman Fridays and Anxiety Attacks (Faolan and Blistered)

“They're not really that good. I've never had a teacher before. I sort of...taught myself.” Mia took her sketchbook back, a little smile on her face. Mia had been drawing ever since she was very little, and had never been taught by anyone. She was taking an art class this semester though. It was a lower level art class and her parents said she would more than likely be moved into a higher level class, but Mia was content with what she had been given.

She set the sketchbook back into the box, carefully sliding back under her bed before sitting beside Jeffrey again, just as close as she had been before.

"Self-taught?" Jeffrey asked with a surprised look on his face. "Awful lotta detail in those pictures for someone who was self-taught there, Mia." He added with a bit of a chuckle on his face as he watched her remain right beside him and in turn, Jeffrey would do likewise, sitting right there where he was, smiling at her as he leaned back a bit while resting his hands in back of himself.

"So I'm guessing one of the classes you're gonna take this year is Art-AP or something of that caliber?" He asked in a bit of a joking manner. "Besides, you really got an eye for it."

“I just have a basic level art class this semester, but they said if I did good enough they would give me a higher level class next semester.” Mia watched Isamu stretch out on her bed, then curl up, purring contently. She began to purr softly, the two purrs filling the room. The neko reached for her container of food and slowly continued to eat, the purring from her growing louder. A couple minutes passed and she had finally finished off the last of her shrimp. She set aside the empty container before turning her head to look at Jeffrey. Mia was still sitting very close to him, her purring fading away slowly.

“Thank you again for breakfast. It was delicious.”

"Now I thought you were gonna go for the Advanced Placement class straight out." Jeffrey answered with an arched eyebrow as he leaned forward a bit while keeping his eyes aimed at Mia with the same smile on his face before watching both Isamu and Mia both purring at the same time, the sound filing the room as if there were two fully grown cats in the place. He didn't seem to mind it much, really. Rather, he welcomed the racket. It was a lot better than his last roommate where he would constantly blast music from his radio so loud that people couldn't even concentrate. At that point, Jeffrey went to the dean that time and arranged to have a room transfer. It was granted in a matter of minutes and now, here he was, sitting right next to two purring cats. Soon enough though, Jeffrey would then go back to finishing his breakfast, spending a little while with it before eventually finishing it some time later.

"Not a problem, Mia." Jeffrey answered with a smile on his face before wrapping an arm around Mia's shoulders and giving her a little bit of a hug. "It was my treat."

“They said it was a good idea for me to take just basic, freshman level classes this semester, to make sure I don't get overloaded with work while I adjust to everything. If I do good and don't have a lot of trouble adjusting they'll put me in Junior classes next semester like I am supposed to be.” Mia watched Isamu as he slept, the kitten's purring fading away. He looked so peaceful laying there, curled up into a tight little ball with the tip of his black tail laying in front of his nose. A soft smile spread across her face. Then she felt Jeffrey's arm wrap around her shoulders. Her body tensed, head turning to look at him again. Pale cheeks flushed red, ears laying against her head as her tail twitched. The touch of another, especially one who was not family, was something the neko was not use to.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea for ya. Start slow then work your way up. Besides, I think it'll be a helluva lot easier on you in terms of workloads." Jeffrey answered with a knowledgeable nod of his head as he kept his eyes on her with a smile on his face. "Besides, when I first got here, that was basically the same thing I did - look around for easy classes to get my foot in the door of then work up." He added as he stuck the side of his other hand out low then slowly moved it upwards until it was about eye level with him then turned his head to see Mia blush at him as well as notice that she was getting a little tense. "Hey, ease up, Mia. If you like, I can give you a massage to help settle ya down." He offered, his expression easily becoming a worried look.

“I..I don't...I mean...I...” Mia stuttered and her voice faded, cheeks turning another shade of red. She was silent, watching him for a moment. His arm around her made her nervous, but not the chest-tightening nervousness the little neko so often felt. Mia could feel her cheeks grow warmer. As seconds passed, his arm started to feel good around her, which made the neko more nervous. She began to fidget, her soft ears and fluffy tail twitching. Maybe a massage would calm her down.

“I think...I would like that...” She fidgeted a little more, looking at him then looking away.

Nodding in reply, Jeffrey would then slide his arm back from Mia's arm and rested it on her far shoulder while his other hand moved up to her near shoulder before he then adjusted his posture around so that her rear was placed in between both of his legs then leaned to the side a bit. Oddly enough, he could still that she was still tense, but it wasn't the kind of tense that had him worried so much in the first place. But then again, everything about Mia here seemed rather odd to him.

"Here we go, Mia." Jeffrey said after a moment as his hands began to rub at her shoulders gently. "Just listen to the sound of my voice and just relax, OK?" He asked in a soft voice.

Mia's body tensed more as Jeffrey adjusted himself so that he was behind her. She remained tense for a few minutes before finally allowing her body to relax. His hands felt good, working out the knots that had built up in her muscles over the years. Her body relaxed more and Mia began to purr, eyes closing slowly. She began to lean back a little, purring louder as he continued to massage her shoulders.

“This feels...good.” Her ears laid against her head in a relaxed way. All of her nervousness seemed to fade away as minutes passed by slowly. The neko seemed oddly...content. Mia was much calmer than she had been before he started.

Once he saw that Mia was beginning to relax and become more comfortable with his touch, Jeffrey continued to massage her shoulders, easing his hands over the knots that he had felt must've been there for quite a while. Geez, Jeffrey thought. This poor girl must be really tense. I think this is gonna require more of these massages like this in order for her to loosen up. He added to himself as his fingers continued to dig and work her shoulders with great accuracy and depth.

"Always good to know, kiddo. But like I said, you need to ease up on yourself or otherwise you're gonna need more than this when you're in a hospital." He answered with concern in his voice.

Mia's purring grew louder as he continued. She scooted back a little, her back nearly against his chest now. His hands continued to work out all the knots. Mia had relaxed quite a bit in the short amount of time he had been working on her shoulders. Her head turned to the side, lightly rubbing her cheek against his hand. His touch felt wonderful now that she had allowed herself to relax. Her ears twitched and the tip of her tail moved to wrap lightly around the wrist of the hand she was rubbing her cheek against.

"Your hands are warm..." She muttered, her voice soft and low.

When Jeffrey began to notice that Mia was completely relaxing on him, Jeffrey gave Mia a bit of a smile now. After that, his hands had now eased off their deepened movements and just resumed on just rubbing her shoulders normally when he notice that her tail had now curled over one of his wrists and felt her cheek rubbing up against one of his hands.

"Well, I keep 'em in my pockets for most of the time." Jeffrey answered in a gentle tone of voice as his hands continued to move.

Mia scooted closer to him, her back pressed against his chest. The warmth from his body was soothing, her purring fading away as she rubbed her cheek against his hand again. She liked how it felt against her skin, warm and rough. Rougher than her own skin, anyways. The tip of her tail moved down from his wrist, brushing against his arm before resting beside them.

Mia felt more relaxed now than she had been in a very long time. It was just them in the room, no sea of strange faces surrounding her. His hands had worked out quite a few knots already, and he had not pulled his hand away when she rubbed her cheek against it. Her purring had stopped by now, leaving the room completely silent.

Right when Mia had now laid her back against his chest, Jeffrey smiled to her softly as he heard her purrs slowly fade away as he watched her continue to rub her cheek against his head. It was a bit of an odd contrast, with her skin being soft and smooth while his was rough. To be honest, it made him smile a little bit more as he then caught her tail moving further down his arm and then brush against his arm, making him chuckle softly.

After that, his eyes veered back over to Mia's face as she kept on rubbing her cheek against it, behaving so much like a typical kitten of sorts. Well, in theory, she was a cat, so that was kind of a moot point. Very gently, Jeffrey turned his hand around so that it was now facing palm up and gently traced his fingertips all along her cheek, smiling at her still. There was no words he could say to her at this point, for if he did speak, then there was a possible chance that he would ultimately break the silence that was now ever present in the room. So, he just remained silent as well, just rubbing at her cheek gently.

She pressed her cheek more against his hand as she felt him turn it over. His palm was pressed against her cheek now, his fingertips brushing against her soft lips. Mia grew still, keeping her cheek pressed against his hand. Her hands moved up slowly, fingertips brushing lightly against the back of his. She covered his hand with hers, holding it there against her cheek. The contact felt amazing to the little neko.

“I like this...” Her voice was soft and low. She shifted a little so both of her legs were over one of his, her shoulder pressing lightly into his chest. It brought her a little closer to him-closer to that soothing warmth. Her head tilted to rest against his chest, still holding his hand against her cheek.

At first, Jeffrey was a little tense when he felt Mia grow still, but then smiled softly as he then felt her hands on his own, the fingertips brushing against his own and then held it there in her hands. For some reason, seeing her like this seemed rather adorable in his eyes, making him laugh just a little bit. Not enough to disrupt what she was doing, but rather just showcasing that he was comfortable in letting her do what she did.

"I'm glad." Jeffrey answered in a quiet tone of voice as he watched her shift her posture around so that she was settled into his lap with both of her legs swung up over one of his. With that, his unoccupied hand would then settle down on her side, caressing it gently as he watched the neko remain there in his lap.

Mia began to purr softly again, sitting still as his hand caressed her side. It soothed the little neko, causing her to purr more. Being this relaxed and secure around someone was a new feeling for her. She liked it. Maybe he would sit with her like this again some other time.

Her eyes closed slowly as she sat there, content. He was warm, and her stomach was full. As time passed, she began to drift off to sleep and the purring faded away. He would feel her body begin to relax completely, leaning more against him. A few more minutes passed and her hands released their grip on his, resting in her lap. Her breathing slowed and she leaned against him more. Mia was fast asleep now, the combination of a full stomach and his warmth causing her to doze off.

When he began to hear her purr yet again, Jeffrey smiled softly at Mia as she gave out her soothed purr to him, seeing that she was fully relaxed and secure with him there. No doubt he would have to take this up with her once more should he be permitted.

As he looked down at her, Jeffrey saw that she was sitting there, perfectly content with him being there and holding her this close to his own body. Soon enough, he saw that Mia was now drifting off to sleep on him. Smiling at this, Jeffrey remained where he was, his arms and hands curled all around her in a tender embrace, letting her doze off on him. She was honestly so precious sleeping there, that he absolutely had to get a picture of this. With that in mind, Jeffrey reached around in his pocket and reproduced his smartphone once more and then began to fiddle with it for a moment before he saw the time.

9 o'clock. He thought as he looked at it for a moment then looked at her once more before utilizing the camera function of the phone and then pointed it at Mia as she dozed off on him and then pressed the center button, taking the picture of Mia sleeping on him. With that, Jeffrey then replaced the phone into his pocket once again before replacing his hand on Mia's side, rubbing softly.

Mia would continue to sleep as long as she remained undisturbed, her dreams peaceful. She had been nervous about coming to school last night and had not gotten very much sleep. Her breathing remained slow and steady, Mia shifting occasionally to get more comfortable. As she slept, Isamu woke and stretched, yawning. The black and silver kitten watched Jeffrey and Mia quietly as he licked his paws clean, then jumped off of the bed. Another stretch and he trotted over to the two, mewing softly. He pawed lightly at Jeffrey's leg, wanting a little attention too. His master was asleep, so that left only one other person in the room who could possibly scratch behind his ears.

“Mew~” Isamu mewed again, pressing his head against Jeffrey's leg. The kitten began to purr, rubbing his head eagerly against Jeffrey's leg as he waited to be scratched.

As he continued to watch Mia sleep on him in perhaps the most peaceful way, Jeffrey continued to keep his hands curled around her gently as he listened to the neko girl. Soon enough though, Jeffrey's ears perked to the sound of her kitten Isamu give out a yawn then glanced over to him as the kitten trotted over to the two of them after giving out another stretch as he then saw Isamu pawing at his leg, followed by mewing at him.

A chuckle was all Jeffrey gave as he then took one hand off of Mia and then reached over to Isamu and scratching the little kitten behind the ears with a smile on his face. "What do you want, huh?" He asked with a little smile on his face as he continued to itch the top of Isamu's head. "Ya little brat." He added with another laugh.

A soft mew was heard, but it did not seem to come from Isamu. The kitten's ears perked up at the sound and he looked at Mia, letting out one of his own soft mews. She stirred in Jeffrey's lap, yawning. Mia had not been asleep very long, but she was already feeling much better. She had just needed a small nap. Purring, the neko tilted her head back to look up at him, eyes barely open. Her nose brushed lightly against his chin, her breath warm against his skin. Mia yawned again, shifting in his lap so she was almost facing him completely. Her face pressed lightly against his chest. She took slow, deep breaths, his scent filling her nose.

It was a curious thing for the little neko. Every creature had its own scent-that was something she had learned when she was very young. Part of the scent was what they were, and their gender. The other part was that one creature's specific scent. Mia had learned over the years how to identify a handful of people by their scent alone. However, none of their scents had ever effected her the way his did. No one had ever smelt so...wonderful..to her. She couldn't even begin to describe it. His scent flooded her nose, overwhelming her senses. For a moment, the neko seemed to loose control of herself. Her breathing quickened and she turned more in his lap, facing him. Small hands shot forward, lightly grabbing hold of his shirt. Mia leaned in, her nose brushing lightly against the side of his neck as she took another deep breath.

At first, Jeffrey had though that Isamu let out another mew in his general direction, but after a little bit of thought as he then glanced over at Mia when began to feel her move around a bit in his lap a bit with a quirked eyebrow. Afterward, Jeffrey heard Mia purr, the sound resonating within his body as he saw Mia barely open her eyes to him but he could tell that she was now awake even as he saw move closer to him to lightly brush her nose under his chin. It made Jeffrey smile a little bit more even as he now felt her warmed breath on his skin as well as her shifting around in his lap so that she was just about facing him entirely. It was a bit of a perplexing moment for Jeffrey, but he wasn't about to argue with it.

What was even more odd at the moment was when he noticed Mia's breathing patterns had deepened considerably, making Jeffrey arch a brow again with a sort of "what is she doing" look on his face. But then again, it was probably better for him to not ask questions at the moment and just let her do whatever. Soon enough though, he felt Mia shift in his lap one more time to face him completely and then lean in to place her nose on his neck and listened to her take another deep inhale of his skin. For what purpose was she doing this, Jeffrey began to wonder as his eyes looked down to Mia in curiosity.

She sat like this for several minutes before suddenly letting go of him. Mia let out a soft mew before quickly moving away from him, ears against her head. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were having a hard time focusing. Startled by her own actions, Mia climbed onto her bed, forcing herself to sit still. Why had she reacted like that to him? Nekos had a much stronger sense of smell than humans and she picked up the scents of others whenever she was close enough. However, none of those scents had ever had that effect on her.

“You...you smell good...” She panted softly, tail curling around her own wrist. Mia scooted further away from the edge of her bed, trying to get some distance between them. She did not want to loose control like that again. Fidgeting a little, she watched him carefully, afraid she might have scared him. He had helped her out, and now here she was, acting all strange. He would probably want a new room mate. She could feel her chest tighten at the thought of being forced to move into another room.

At first, Jeffrey was still looking at Mia pure in curiosity when he suddenly felt her let go of him and moved back from him with her ears flattening against her head. At first, Jeffrey had no idea as to why she reacted like that when all he did was simply welcome what she was doing, but then again, he did wonder what had triggered that. Maybe it was because she had a much more acute sense of smell than others, he wondered. Whatever the case may be, Jeffrey was now looking up at Mia as she sat there on her own bed, possibly embarrassed by what she thought she might have done. In honesty, Jeffrey smiled at Mia before he then stood up onto his feet and smiled at her once more.

"Well, I do take care of myself. That's one of the things I pride myself on." Jeffrey answered as he then walked over to Mia and then sat down beside her once again. "And hey, don't worry about what happened. I didn't mind what you were doing there." He added with a shake of his head and placing a hand on her back, rubbing it lightly to reassure her.

Her breathing was still heavy as he moved to sit beside her again. Her body was acting so strange. She wanted to be close to him again-to breathe in his intoxicating scent. To feel the warmth his body gave off. Finally, she gave in. Mewing softly, she moved to straddle Jeffrey, one leg on each side of him. Mia began to purr loudly, brushing her nose against his neck. Her hands lightly gripped his shirt and she squirmed a little in his lap, panting softly, having forgotten that she was wearing a short skirt today.

“It's...it's...something else..but...I can't...I don't...I...” Her voice trailed off, thoughts jumbled. The more she sat there, the harder it became to focus and string together even a simple sentence. His scent was like alcohol to the little neko. She had lost all of her focus, and most of her self control. Her eyes closed and her hands tightened their grip on his shirt, not wanting Jeffrey to pull away from her.

Back
Top Bottom