Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Bounty Hunter's Conundrum (BlisteredBlood x Candira)

"Hmmmm, well, I think tap would be an interesting choice, but unfortunately, I have no shoes for you or me. We could just try it like at the club again." She gave him a little shrug and then stretched a little more. "We could find something to dance to and then decide," she said, thinking aloud. "Not sure what to say..." She was also well-rounded in the way of dance. Kelly loved to work her body, whether it was powerful, high-energy dancing, or more subdued and controlled movements. In another life, she could have been a dancer.

"Well, we could try the tango. After all, it does take two in order for the dance to work." Dante suggested as he eventually finished his burger a little while later before resuming his handiwork on the breakfast potatoes in front of him before he turned his attention back to Kelly. "But then again, we can just go freestyle and just say let's go balls out." He added with a shrug of his shoulders and a smile on his face. After all, what harm could it do, he figured.

"But, considering how well we did back at that nightclub, I'd say that that's more your type of venue and music." Dante then noted as he pointed at her with a knowing look.

"That's a fair point. But if we went with the tango, how would we decide who won? After all, we'd both be dancing." She chuckled and leaned forward. "Otherwise, I think I'd be all for it. We could do salsa dancing," Kelly suggested, thinking of a middle road. "It's kind of like club dancing, but there's more form, we can both dance together if need be, and we can still judge how well we did individually."

She watched him polish off the burger he'd seemed to enjoy so well and the way he seemed to eat it all up. It was interesting to see how at ease he was around her after just knowing her for a night. But then again, who was she to say that he was a certain way. Though she was still a bit cautious, it was becoming easier to trust him with each passing moment.

Besides that, he was witty and handsome, and he had a playful side to him as well. She was relieved to find that the person she was going to be spending a good deal of time with, despite the way it would all end, would at least be a decent man. Kelly only hoped that he would accept her side of the story when the time came.

"Yeah, you got me there." Dante answered with a nod of his head as he eventually got about half of the breakfast potatoes down before he let out another belch into his fist once more then patted his stomach for a moment as he felt as though he was getting a little bit full from the whole thing before he heard her bring up the choice of salsa dancing. Granted, that could work, but given the nature of how the two moved together, it seemed as though they would both be judged as a pair instead of separately.

Dante continued to sit there with a pensive expression on his face as he sat there with a hand under his chin and his eyes closed, trying to figure out what the two of them could dance to. There was the offer of something with a bit more of a freestyle flow to it that would enable plenty of high energy movement set to a thumping bass line, but he wasn't sure of her back would be able to handle the major axial load. So it had to be something that combined both plenty of sensual grace along with something that would judge the both of them on separately. But what, was the question Dante asked himself.

Soon enough though, Dante noticed her eyes were on him, but in a more positive light when he caught her looking at him. Granted, this was supposed to be a job and all, but what was the point of not having a little bit of fun and most importantly, where else in the world would you be able to find someone that was as every bit of a knockout ever since the variation of the word was developed? Surely not in this area, he could tell you.

She watched him as he considered his options, listening to the problem they were facing. As she contributed to the problem-solving process, she couldn't help but think he was cute as he started to get a bit full. "Hmmm, seems like we should wait till you've burned off a little of breakfast." Kelly chuckled and got up to put his burger away and put it in the fridge with hers. When she returned to the table, she had a glass of juice in her hand, tilting her head as he closed his eyes for a moment to think.

He caught her looking, but she didn't mind that. Indeed, she sort of enjoyed when he noticed her. So she sat back down across from him, leaning forward. "Think of a kind of dance?"

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Not for nothing, but that was a pretty filling meal." Dante answered as he then lowered his hand from his chin for the time being. Besides, there was always a time for thinking about what the two could do for a dance later when his stomach began to digest it all as his posture took on a more relaxed stance as he sat there, his eyes locked on hers still even when she came back a short while later to then sit across from him.

"Well, it's a little hard to decide at this moment in time. But hey, I'm certain we can think up of something along the way. But to be honest, I was thinking that we could just go completely balls out with a freestyle routine. But, I also want it to be a bit more controlled for your back's sake. No telling how much residual damage there is." Dante eventually spoke again with a bit of a shrug of his shoulders.

"I love making it. Feeds me for days, usually." Kelly smiled and let him gain his bearings. She was a little surprised that he was taking her back into consideration. Though he had just fixed her back and might have been worried about undoing his work, she was quite touched that he had. She got up and came to his side, kissing his cheek.

"It's sweet of you to worry, but I'll be okay. I danced with as much damage as I had and I was fine. I'll be even better now." She smiled and squeezed his shoulders, getting up leaving him for her juice for awhile.

"Heh. Seems like you and I would get along great during road trips." Dante answered with a smile on his face as he then leaned forward in his seat and propped his chin up with his hand once an elbow was resting on the table then closed an eye when he felt her lips on his cheek to only return a smile to her.

"I know Kelly, but I just want to make sure you don't screw up your back later." He then added with a nod of his head before he then held a hand out to gently grasp one of hers and then took it back to his lips, giving her a gentlemanly kiss to her knuckle. Hey he might be a bounty hunter, but he wasn't without chivalry.

"I think we would get along well," she said with a chuckle. Dante was something of a charmer. "Really, I'll be fine. I promise." Kelly was just going to her juice when he took her hand. She turned back to him as he kissed her knuckles. It made her blush to know that he would do so. She looked at him and smiled softly, letting him keep his hold on her, wondering what was next.

Dante still held onto Kelly's hand when he heard her explain to him that she would be fine, but apparently Dante didn't seem to believe that. Not until he saw it with his own eyes, anyway. Then and only then would he ever be convinced. But then again, there was also one other recurring thought that would run through his mind as well, for when - or possibly if - he brought her back, what was to be her punishment for doing whatever it was she did anyway? Would it be a little more lenient or possibly even more harsh?

But then again, the only way he was to find out about this is if he got a hold of his employers at Zio Matrix and find out about it himself. Besides, they were a little bit cryptic around him when they sent out a representative on their behalf when they said for him to bring her back in whatever condition she was found in. After a little while longer of him holding her hand, Dante would then let go of her hand gently before he resumed sitting down at his seat with the a bit of a pensive look on his face.

Kelly let him hold onto her hand, watching him as he thought it over. Or at least that's what she thought was happening. He didn't really seem to believe that it would be fine at any rate. She watched him until he let her go, a thoughtful look on his face. Something had obviously taken hold of his mind, and she wasn't sure if she should interrupt. She frowned a little, not sure where he was going in his head. "Umm, Dante?" Here she leaned down so that her face was on level with his. "Is everything okay?"

There were some things she'd done that she wasn't proud of, but she'd never meant to hurt anyone. In fact, it was quite the opposite of that. But Zio Matrix wasn't interested in her side of the story. She had done much to bring them down over the years, but they remained powerful, and angry as all fuck. Her punishment would not be merciful.

At some point she would tell him her side of the story. Hopefully he would believe her, rather than his employers. They were known for embellishment in their story-telling. With a sigh, she looked into his eyes. "I don't live with regrets, you know. Even if it does hurt a little, I'd rather have that than miss out." She smiled and kissed his cheek before standing up straight and taking up her juice for another drink.

Dante simply nodded in reply as he continued to sit there with the same expression on his face, still wondering about a few things even as she asked him if he was alright before he turned his expression back up to her in the form of a more reassuring smile on his face. Sure, he might have been worried about Kelly, but the fact remained that he couldn't let her see him be all worried about it, even if she did happen to see it written on his face.

When she spoke of not having any regrets, Dante nodded in a simple manner once more at Kelly before receiving her kiss again as he then saw her get up from her seat to then pick up her glass of juice. "I don't have very many regrets, either. But the fact that I live for the moment is more than enough for me." He said.

She smiled and finished off her juice, rinsing the glass and leaving it in the sink for now. Though she had been cleaning up, she didn't offer to take his plate. Partly because she wasn't sure if he was finished eating yet, and partly because she just didn't feel like it. After all, he would take his stuff to the sink when he was good and ready. For the moment she made no move to change their situation.

"Well, what should we do now, Mr. McPhadden?" She was only teasing, but the way she said his name was strange to her as she said it. As though he were some sort of authority figure. And in a way, he was. "Since we're living for the moment and such."

"Well," Dante answered as he was addressed by Kelly. "What is it that you would like to do today? I know someone like you has a few ideas in her mind." Dante said as he then went back to his meal a short while later when he felt his stomach had now given him enough room to continue eating all while his eyes were aimed up to her with a smile on his face as he then finished with the breakfast potatoes some time later.

The fact that he asked her what she wanted to do instead of just saying what he wanted was endearing. She took his plate when he finished up the potatoes and quickly cleaned them up before coming back to him. "Hmmmm....that is an excellent question. Would you be up for some time in the park? Or maybe you want to go shopping for food and that frilly apron?" She chuckled and crossed her arms watching him, wondering what he might choose.

"Well, how about we do both? We can hit the park and chill out there for a bit and then we can go shopping not only for some food later tonight, but also go to that costume shop I mentioned for that frilly little apron, too." Dante answered with a small grin on his face as well as a little laugh of his own while he crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked up to her with an eyebrow arched just to gauge her reaction.

"I like the way you think," she said with a little laugh. "Wanna head out then?" she asked, smiling as he crossed his arms as well. She held a hand out to him and smiled at him as he sat there in front of her. "Or do you need some time to let all that food settle?"

"Sure, why not? Besides, with some activity going on, it'll help with the digestion. But then again, I got a pretty good metabolism anyways, so it won't be long before I digest all of this stuff." Dante answered with another laugh as he then got up from his seat a little while later and then patted his stomach as he spoke before he then walked over to his jacket and plucked it off of the coat rack before slipping it on back over shoulders then stuck his arms through each respective sleeve before setting his arms down to his sides.

Kelly grinned and walked with him to her door, pulling on a coat that hugged her nicely. She put her keys in her pocket and grabbed her purse too. "Ready to go?" The pretty girl smiled and put her hand on the door, ready to take a little walk with him. The park wasn't too far from her place and she liked to take walks there every so often. The little entry way had her standing fairly close to him, but she wondered if he was okay with that. He didn't seem to have much trouble with it.

Once he saw that Kelly was all set with her jacket wrapped around her nicely, Dante once again nodded in reply before he followed her out to the door and ultimately out of her apartment with his hands in his jacket's pockets, smiling a bit once he was out. "Ready as I'll ever be, I'll tell you that." He answered with a bit of a chuckle before he opened his arms out wide for a moment with a good stretch before flopping them down to his sides then began to walk with her close by.

Kelly smiled as he stretched and then led him out into the sunlight, locking her door behind her. She kissed his cheek and took his hand, feeling full of energy now that she actually was awake. She smiled and turned to face him. "God, it's beautiful this morning," she said with a smile.

"Yeah. First time in about a month." Dante answered with a humorous chuckle of sorts before he smiled once more with the same smile on his face as he continued to follow her then looked around from left to right as he walked, feeling rather at ease with himself as well as a little revved up from the not only the meal but also from one the best night's sleep he had in quite some time. One might even say that this day couldn't get any better unless if Jesus himself showed up and turned water into funk.

She laughed at his comment and shook her head. "It hasn't been that bad. But it feels great." Kelly smiled and crossed the street with him before getting to the park. She saw the swings and pretty much ran for them, immediately hopping into one, starting to pump her legs. "Swings are great!"

"I was being sarcastic, ya little brat." Dante answered as he crossed the street with Kelly as he then saw her literally take off ahead of him towards the park a short distance away and set herself down on one of the swings and started to pump her legs to gather enough momentum to start swinging on it. Dante would eventually follow her lead once he was across the street a little while later and arrived at the park a short while later and then settled himself into the other swing beside her and sat down in it while watching Kelly swing back and forth.

Stopping her swinging as he sat next to her, Kelly smiled. "Come on, Dante, have some fun." She laughed and got up walking over to him. "Want me to push you?" she asked with a smile. She smiled and leaned down to him, looking into her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom