Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I've tried this before, but now I have alot more free time... D&D 3.5?

Lawless

The Divine
Alright. Basically... I have no real campaign thought up. Not yet at least.

I'm just trying to gather up a group, and go for there. I don't care if I'm DMing or not. If I am, then I'll think of a campaign as soon as I can.

Before, I wanted to do it over Yahoo, however, I am perfectly fine with doing it over threads. HOWEVER. We'll go in turns, and as a suggestions, just to make sure that we don't wait here for months for one person to post... you have a week to post. If you have something come up, tell the DM.

Also, I figured if they miss more than two weeks, we can start rolling a percentile. 1-10, character death.

Anyone interested? I'm willing to compromise my ideas, since I've been wanting to do this.

I am interested, but lets make the week waiting shorter... much shorter!
I had done this kind of roleplay once, and the one who would be the DM had to write longer posts, to create the background and react to all previous posts, so that position should have a three day maximum delay, and everyone else should post once every day, and the DM could play the absent characters, when the plot needs it.

So, if somebody posts, then do not reply in a day, not even the second, then at the third day the DM could reply about his/her character, saying what happened, how she/he/it reacted. But that character would have a big chance to fall into the next trap, to get mauled or robbed... and after the third DM post, when the player was absent a full week, that character would become cannon fodder, all active players could write it, even killing off, if she/he/it was a prat. (Of course killing each other characters is not welcome at any time, not even from the DM...)

Speaking about the concrete game, I hope you have more ideas about the plot... And I hope there would be 3-5 players full time to play.

I'm also interested, but need to ask what books are you allowing for your players to take from? Are any off limits? And what level do you want the players to start at? A higher level can actually help you in establishing a plot.

And on a final note, lets stay away from known game worlds. Forgotten Realms may have a lot of back story, but if you decided to change anything than your players might get upset.

I am always craving dnd, more so when I do not have to dm as I often must. Count me in.

Ohhhhhh I havent played Dnd in ages! I quit after my DM moved on to 4th ed.. :(

1) ChrisGabriel- Once a day is tough.. I work and have school as well as a pretty hectic life.. Three days would be perfect, but I do agree with the three strikes your out.. minus special circumstances, which should be presented to the DM who will make the executive decision.. In good circumstances, the character can just be put on auto follow and their turns get skipped.

2) Friend from the Shadows- Yeah, higher levels might help, but no too high.. Sorry Panda Boi, but 15 is crazy, Due to problems with other players and what not I've never gotten a character above 11.. But I've probably had hundreds of characters played 1-6 and erased or put away while waiting for some one to come back. Jumping right to 15 weird because you automatically have 15 levels worth of stuff, instead of working your way up..

3) How will we do dice rolls? Not that Im accusing you all of being possible cheaters, but.. yeah..

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my rants but Im sorta excited.. :)

Lol... sorry. I can't really allow pathfinder in, in general. It would be about the the same as letting modern in... just modern can fit in without the game being too overpowered.

Only books I don't want in are any non-DnD books. Also... I'm not a fan of book of nine. I can do it, I suppose... but, I will immediately hold you at a higher standard than the other players.

I can tell you a bit about the world I'm wanting to bring you guys in. Though, I can't really say too much, because honestly... I don't know exactly what all I'm wanting to put in.

First off... level 5. It's not too powerful, but you're not a level one.
Secondly. This is a world with little-to-no magic. It will make things difficult, but at the same time, if you're a wizard or sorcerer... you're like... The Shit to commoners. (Also... don't take something like an Artificer or Vow of Poverty just to get magic stuff. That's just lame... and I will summon tentacle beats if your girls, or mega harpies if you're guys.)

That's about it for now, other than this is a very expansive land. Also, I like to take a Final Fantasy style thing with traveling. Pretty much you're going to have technology, so you can rent an air ship. Bitchin, ain't it?

xD Airship Pirates are awesome. Imagine... a cannon that is magically enhanced to shoot pure force. o.o Or... a machine gun of Magic Missiles! xD Instant KO. (Don't worry... I'm not that lame of a DM.)

Then I must take Artificer AND Vow of Poverty... And my first summoning would be some tentacles that got out of hand... :)

Really, do we have some background sometime? After all, if starting at level5, I had to know what to know about the world.

Back
Top Bottom