Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Our Lives (Relix&Jocelyn)

How was she able to get scholarships? She left school to have a child! How could she have made up all those credits to graduate? Surely a G.E.D. couldn't get her any scholarships. Alex simply shook his head lightly as the female moved from his arms, sitting up at the opposite side of the couch. Her moving caused him to sit up as well, were they really about to fight over money? Maybe Alex was a bit old-fashioned, the male simply felt she shouldn't have to worry about all that anymore. She was the one having to support herself and their child for a good year, she was the alone. It only seemed right that A.J. picked up supporting his family, so, yes, he may be old-fashioned but it only felt right.

"Yes, Katie, for the time being you should be the 'little lady'." Alex spoke, his hand picking up the remote to pause the movie. "This is only because I don't remember getting a phone call, or a letter, or any notifcation, saying that I was a father, or even you saying that we had a child. For a year, you took care of yourself and our child. Why is it so wrong for me to want to be the sole provider for our family? Yes, I do say our family, but, this just recently became our family, where Bonnie was your child for a year while I had no clue that we even conceived."

Shaking his head once more, the male didn't really even bother to look in her direction; she felt her way, he felt his way. Alex didn't want to fight over this topic, about money. He didn't think she should have to worry about what goes on. Katie was going to college, she'd have other things to worry about; bills and where they'd be living at shouldn't be one of them. "Eventually, there'd be a time where you'd be there to help out the family. I just don't see it as right now, and that is because of the reasons I have said prior to this. I had no idea I was a father, now, when I'm trying to act like the head of the family, you continuously throw the money thing in my face. First it was lunch, now you want to pay for the down payment and the first couple of payments? No, not going to happen, Katie."

Hearing Alex's explanation made the girl's head shoot up. He was using the fact that she'd been raising Bonnie alone against her. Seriously? He may not have meant it like that, and probably didn't, but she heard it all wrong. She heard the accusation, and that was all. She was nearly seeing red.

"I wanted to treat you to a good lunch, Alexander." She said, turning to look at him. "I offered to help! Not to pay it all. I said I'd help. Meaning I'd put some money in with what you have to put. It isn't like I wanted to take away your manhood." Then, she went back to what he had been saying about her and Bonnie.

"So.." She started, standing up. "You are punishing me for having Bonnie on my own?" She asked him calmly. "Don't you think that I was punished enough? Don't you think that all I'd gone through after I had Bonnie would be enough punishment without you taking away my independence?" She asked him, folding her arms over her chest as she turned to look at him.

She was really pulling out the whole names? Really? Alexander. Bah, how the man hated hearing his full name. It was what his mother would do when she wanted to chide him, often times to exaggerate his punishing by saying his full name rather then A.J. or Alex. This was going to be no different, who was she to start using full names? Katie was only his girlfriend, not his wife. Clearing his throat, the male's attention was still focused on the television, simply trying to keep himself from growing too mad at her playing the 'Alexander' card. Scratching his head a bit, the male shook away a bit of his rage filled ranting. "In the diner, you didn't offer to help pay, you said you would cover the whole bill. Not that you would help pitch in, you didn't even give me time to pull out money from my wallet. You walked away."

"Don't say you 'offered' to help when I saw no offer, I only saw a 'No, we took you out to lunch, I am paying.' after I handed my wallet to pay." Scratching his chin once more, the male looking up to the girl who stood toward him, arms folded across her chest. "You know, you may see it as me punishing you. I see it as making up for time that I didn't have, you had to pay for both you and Bonnie for a year. I have only had to pay for us for a good couple months now, even then, there are times where you've paid for all of us with little to no objection from me. So, why now when I decide to object to you paying for the down payment and first couple months of rent do you get mad?"

Back
Top Bottom