Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Our Lives (Relix&Jocelyn)

REDHEAD.jpg

"Katie Scarlett, if you don't get you ass moving, you won't have a ride to school!" Of course, the over-eager person trying to get to school wasn't a student. It was actually the mother of a seventeen year old girl who didn't want to go to wake up.

That girl was an attractive redhead, who was grudgingly walking from the kitchen with a cold s'mores pop-tart in her hand. She usually didn't wake up until halfway to school, at which point she would be drinking her coffee and grumbling about homework. It was routine, and mother and daughter actually enjoyed it.

"Yeah, yeah." Scarlett said, rolling her brilliant blue eyes. "Like you'd actually leave. Where would you go anyway?" Her mother grinned and nodded for the door.

"Katie Scarlett, into the car." The girl nodded and walked out to the sedan, munching on her pop-tart.

True to form, by the time Scarlett reached the school, she was alert. She nearly bounced as she went to her locker, at least an hour before class was actually going to start. So, there she stood, in her blue boot cut jeans, soft blue tank top, and light blue high heeled sandals, going through her locker in search of all of her books.

Alex Johnson

Tuesdays were far, far, far, far worse for A.J. then Mondays were, Mondays usually gave him the usual not wanting to get out of bed feeling, but him eventually roll out of bed to stumble his way to school dead tired. Tuesdays, well, it was rare for him to make it to his first period on time. If he didn't stroll in one hour late, leaving a good twenty minutes left in the class - Alex didn't show up till third period.

A light groan passed through the male's lips, the days he showed up to first period. He was early, way early. Usually because he wanted to talk to his best friend Katie, and he knew he really couldn't do so when he was around his girlfriend. Something about Katie being around Julia just, well, he didn't quite know. Katie never stuck around when his girlfriend strolled around.

Pulling the bag over his right shoulder just a bit, A.J. sleepishly walked into the building, a yawn escaping his lips. The male's locker was just a couple places lockers from Katie's. A light smile graced the male's lips as he noticed his friend standing in front of her locker putting all her stuff away. The male didn't know how in the world she got up so early and was quickly awake - Alex couldn't ever do it. He was 'awake' at one in the afternoon, that was it.

Stepping behind Katie, A.J. quickly slumped against her. Resting his chin over her shoulder as his face turned in toward her neck. "Ahhhh," The male breathed out softly, lightly moaning at the unusual comfort he was getting. "You need to get yourself a double, Katie," A.J. spoke softly, eyes shutting. "I could use it to fall asleep on at home." A light laugh passing through his lips, eyes opening as he pushed himself up some, hands planting into the lockers next to her's, pinning her to the small vicinity between his arms.

They were. . . affectionate in their own ways to one another, this was usually just a game. Times there were wants of something more, but, who were they to bicker about that? When she was single, he had a girlfriend - when he was single, she had a boyfriend. It was the way things went, that was life. "How do you do it?" Alex asked, questioning her total alertness. Most likely by getting to sleep on time, rather then staying up till one or two waiting for that bitchy call to make sure he wasn't doing something 'wrong'.

Scarlett had her books piled on the edge of her locker when she felt the chin pressing into her shoulder, and heard the all too familiar male moan. Not that she'd ever heard is sexually from the man behind her, but she had heard it in other situations with him. Their stance at her locker was nothing new for them.

She didn't look back, because that would just cause her to whack her face against his, but she did acknowledge him. She even smiled at the moan. Of course, the smile vanished almost immediately when the guy told her that she needed a double. That didn't bother her at all. She liked feeling needed and appreciated. "I've been telling you for almost four years, don't call me Katie." She said as she finished organizing her locker, just in time to be pinned to it.

He had the "Scarlett" thing down for all of a day when they'd met Freshman year. But, then in homeroom he'd found out that she had two first names, and preferred the second, and it had been down hill. And she was pretty sure he was the only one in the whole school that called her "Katie". She loved him, but that didn't mean she didn't want to rack him when he called her Katie.

"How do I do it?" She asked, managing to turn her whole body around so she was facing him. It had meant brushing her bottom and hips against him, and then her breasts, but it was a success. "You mean, how do I manage to be super beautiful in only fifteen minutes? Or how do I manage to be fully awake before noon?" She asked, a teasing smile spread over her full lips. "That's easy, Alex." She said, knowing exactly what he meant. "I go to bed at a reasonable hour. It helps that I'm not the one dating Miss-Trust." She added.

She knew all about his little girlfriend. And she hated everything about the girl. From her fake personality, to her over worry that her boyfriend was doing something bad. While Scarlett had never known anyone more loyal or trustworthy than Alex, Julia seemed to think that he had impure thoughts twenty-four/seven. But, Scarlett was not going to question A.J too much about it, as it was his choice to be with her. She just planned to make him see that there was better out there for him.

A.J called her 'Katie' as she called A.J 'Alex'. It was all part of their friendship, they did something the other wouldn't let people other then them do because of their 'feelings', or so you could say. Alex had a strong connection for her, there was definitely a want for him to be with her - they simply were never socially 'single' at the same time. Surely, they definitely could be perceived as 'dating' by how they interacted at times; such as the time now. Alex had the female pinned to the locker with barely any space between them, faces a good ten inches apart. Usually doing it to see who caves first and tries to squirm away, surely, there had been a time or two she did that sort of thing to him - normally only when he was single, and her boyfriend wasn't around.

A.J. simply shook his head lightly, 'Miss-Trust' was her nickname for two reasons with Katie. First, her last name just so happened to be Trust, Julia Trust. The second, and this simply being how close their connection was, her knowledge of why in the hell he was so damn tired in the mornings for school. Julia wasn't exactly someone who didn't trust him, she just wanted to make sure her mind wasn't right with all the thoughts of him cheating. Cheating, now. A.J. couldn't help think of impure thoughts, when alone, of Katie.

"Yes, how you manage to be super beautiful in only fifteen minutes," A.J. replied a playful-mock voice, face slowly closing the already small gap between their faces. There were a few times that he almost didn't pull away and simply place a light kiss on Katie's lips. "I think you are just a morning person, Katie, I don't think you can stay up later then-"

"Mr. Johnson!" The voice rung from the end of the hall, Mr. Brown, Biology Teacher. "Mind giving the female a bit more then breathing room, young man?" The balding male's facial expression glaring at the boy as he pushed himself back, ending their game before one could buckle from under the pressure.

A small laugh passed through A.J.'s lips, attention turning back to Katie. "As I was saying," Alex spoke, a light smile resting on his lips. "You coming over this weekend or am I going to be skipped out on another one day of the month where you stay the night?" His mother was completely fine with Katie staying, for the most part - he simply had to sleep on the couch while she crashed in his bed. Thankfully, his mother was a heavy sleeper and wouldn't hear a bomb go off.

Scarlett had heard enough complaints from former boyfriends about her relationship with A.J., to know that people talked about the time they spent together. It didn't bother her, though. She wasn't one to easily change her actions to please other people. The most important of them was A.J., and he wasn't pushing her to change who she was.

"I might be a morning person." She said, leaning closer to him. She considered actually kissing him, letting him have a good kiss so that she could make him realize that she was the right kind of person for him. If her actions hadn't already done it, then maybe if he knew she was still interested.

She was looking down at his lips when the Biology Teacher cut in, and broke them apart. She offered a small laugh herself and leaned back into her locker. She took a quick breath and settled herself down. "Of course I'm coming over this weekend." She said, smiling. They both knew that she would come around to his house as much as she could. With her mother and step-father going away for the weekend, it had been the perfect time for her to stay over at his place.

"I'm looking forward to staying in your very comfortable bed." She said, winking at him. She was teasing slightly, but also, she was flirting. She wanted him to have visions of her in his bed. "So, what got you up so early today?" She asked him, changing the subject suddenly. "I didn't expect to see you here so soon. I thought it would be lunch before I saw you."

The whole step-father bit didn't last very long, six months then his mother wanted a divorce. Though, that was only the most recent thing to happen to him, so, it wasn't like she was there through the whole thing. Katie was there for the quick, hasted 'lovey-dovey' crap with the two, she wasn't there for the bickering like he was. "Well, I am glad to hear this," Alex spoke with a nod, a light sigh passing through his lips as he looked away. Turning back to smile at the female, shaking his head a bit at her last question.

His mother's new boyfriend got him up early. In essence, he was a leech; he slept on their couch, ate their food, simply did nothing. No job, no income, didn't collect welfare. Just lived off his mother, who already had two mouths to feed on her small check every week. "Figure I'll tell you ahead of time," A.J. began, eyes looking down the hall once again, it was like clock-work. He knew when to expect his girlfriend, she'd be rolling up anytime now and she'd be oh-so happy to see him there on time.

"My mom got divorced, while already picking up a new boyfriend - he's living with us, practically. The school has been calling about my tardiness, so, he bitched to my mom about it. My mom bitched to me then told him he had full rights to wake me up in the morning." Yeah, A.J. got up swinging this morning. "So, here I am." Shrugging softly, "But yes, this weekend we'll still be free since my mom will be taking her boyfriend instead of her now-recent-ex-husband." Nodding lightly, they still had the house for themselves.

"But yes, I should let you get to class. . . 'Miss-Trust' will be here soon. I'll see you after school or something." A.J. spoke, giving the girl another smile before leaning forward, lips placing against her forehead before spinning over toward his locker. Quickly placing in his combination before tossing his bag in, any moment now she'd be there to grab him around the waist, giving the students in the hall a big ol' PDA.

(( Gonna toss you a OOC PM real fast. ))

Scarlett raised an eyebrow and frowned, she had actually liked Alex's step-father. He'd been pretty fun. "Sorry to hear that, honey." She said, putting her hand on his arm softly. "She was even sorrier that he had to live with a man that was taking over father rights so easily. And she thought that it was strange that his mother was doing the same as her mother and father. But, that was fine with her, it fit her plans better.

When he said he would let her get to class because of his girlfriend, she flashed him a smile and nodded. She sighed as she accepted the kiss then closed her locker and hurried on her way. She really didn't like seeing Julia with her hands all over A.J. Sometimes she thought the girl did it just to annoy her. It was pretty clear that they didn't like each other.

There was still some time before class, so the girl hurried to her Latin class. She had become very close with the first year teacher, who was helping her with her plans to go to school as a Latin major the next year. She planned to go all the way for her doctorate, but would teach after her bachelor. That was what Mr. Scott was doing. She walked into the classroom, jumped onto the teacher's desk, crossed one leg over the other and picked up a stack of papers.

"Well?" She asked as she leafed through it. "What did I get on the test?" The man laughed and swatted at her leg, before grabbing the papers and pulling out her's. A, of course. She smiled proudly and looked at him. "People are going to start accusing you of preferential treatment, Mr. Scott." She warned him, and they both laughed. She worked hard on her grades.

When Alex said he'd speak to her after school or something meant that they would see one another through the course of the day - A.J. would simply have Julia at his hip. She was inseparable from him, unfortunately. It was just how the girl was, which was played into the fact about how A.J.'s and Katie Scarlett's relationship. They both had been openly flirtatious to one another, making advances, just. . . never went the full distance. It was always under one circumstance or the other that they were never single together, a topic they had talked about at one time or another. A.J. being the one to bring it up because he was single and was a bit tired of the games going on between them.

Then, it wasn't that the male wasn't responsible for his own games being play - such as the one previously. The male wasn't single, he wasn't taking into the matter of how it did feel when he was single and she was not. The simple gut-wrenching feeling mixed with a bit of dread. Always wondering when it'd be his turn, but, they discussed that; simply wasn't meant to be. "Well, look who is up early." Cooed a soft voice, A.J.'s attention shifting from watching the female disappear into her class toward Julia. The brown-headed, fake, wannabe cheerleader. A light smile graced his lips, only to feel a light peck from the girl. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. . . " The male muttered lightly, it was odd for him to be here but she'd know why exactly if she listened to him rather then her constant thoughts of him being unfaithful.

Third period was a normally boring class, despite the making to be a ton of drama in that class. A.J., Scarlett and Julia were in there. Scarlett sitting with her own small group of friends, even though that A.J. urged her day in and day out to sit by him. They were best friends, she could ignore Julia for one class to be able to sit by him, thats what he thought at least. Julia was pretty easy to ignore, hell, it bothered her when she was ignored. . . by anyone. She was the 'I'm the center Star' sort of person, with many other flaws, and had to be what everyone was talking about or she'd get jealous, mad, pissed off and a whole list of other things.

Letting out a small yawn, A.J. stretched his arms above his head, the desk that usually sat Julia, empty. She had gotten sick and needed to go home, nothing out of the ordinary. The girl had started taking some weird vitamin or something to keep her body fit through the upcoming winter so she'd still have her body for the summer. A few of her friends joked about it being morning sickness, A.J. didn't find that at all funny. . . who joked about pregnancy? Plus, it wasn't like she was getting any from him - well, turn that around, wasn't like he was getting any from her. Shifting a bit in the back desk, Alex's eyes felt like weights, constantly closing only to shoot back open. Hands continuously rubbing at them, yawns escaping his lips. There was still three minutes till the class started, A.J. was simply hoping for Katie to keep him company for the class. Least she'd cover for him if he tried sleeping.

Scarlett loved her Latin class. She loved the history, architecture, language. Everything about that class fascinated her. That was also where she was happiest around the school. Everywhere else she came across Julia's friends, saw their sneers, heard what they had to say about her. She really didn't get the girl. Did she really think that if A.J knew about what she said around school, what her friends said, he would be fine with it? Did she honestly expect that it would be alright for her to speak so badly about his best friend? It was a stupid policy, if you asked Scarlett.

Come third period, she had heard that Julia was out of school for the day. On a normal day, she would have dreaded going to Law, dreaded seeing someone all over Alex with her unable to do anything about it. Usually she hung around some of her other friends, two people that were in her Latin class. And they would try distracting her from glaring at the couple. But that day, she knew she could sit with Alex, and could have a good time with him. Just what she liked.

Scarlett still hated that she and Alex had decided it wasn't meant to be for the two of them to be together. And she actually planned to change that idea. She wanted him to realize that it was maybe meant to be, that they just had to work their own lives so that they could be together. That was why she hadn't gotten herself a boyfriend yet. Maybe after she had a real conversation with him and he still decided that they shouldn't be together.

Walking into the class, Scarlett slid into Julia's usual spot, this time being the one to lean against the other. She put her head on A.J.'s shoulder and smiled to herself. "Busy day." She commented as she faked a yawn. "Will you be my pillow?" She joked, turning her head up to look at him. After a minute, with a sigh, the girl lifted her head and sat up. "Miss-Trust sick again?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She knew that the girl wasn't giving it up, so she didn't even offer the joke. Besides, like him, she didn't think it was funny, why joke about pregnancy?

Feeling the girl's head rest against his shoulder brought a light smile to the male's lips, the seemingly tiresome day just got a bit bright - even if it was just for one class period. Katie simply had that connection with the male to make him feel better by being there, the male was sure it worked the other way around to. "Yeah, Miss-Trust is sick again," Alex spoke in a dull tone as he answered her question. They weren't surrounded by Julia's friends, but, there were a lot in the class. 'Miss-Trust' would hear all about this little thing within the next five minutes, then A.J. would hear about it come after school.

The male tried his hardest to stay indifferent on the everything Julia and her friends said about Katie - yes, Katie was his best friend and he did cut their spiteful conversations about the girl abruptly when they tried pushing the issue in front of him. It was just that he was dating Julia, not Katie. He couldn't always defend someone, no matter how important they were to him, if he wanted to have a relationship with the instigator. Surely, it didn't make him look good. . . but, he was just playing it deaf. Girls in high school always talk, why should he pay attention to rumors? The male knew Katie wasn't bothered by them, so, why should he be? There was really only one that bothered him, but, he shrug it off that it didn't. One he really didn't like thinking about.

A light yawn passed through Alex's lips, "My mom should be getting a whole bunch of junk food for Friday, Katie," The male spoke, yawning once more as he turned to look at the girl. "She knows us and how we pig out most of the time. So, she's going out to spend some the money she is taking to her trip on us." Shrugging lightly, the male had told his mother several times to not do it - they would find something in the house to eat, it didn't matter.

"Also, she's a bit mad that you haven't been coming over." Alex spoke, grinning lightly, his hand dropping from the top of the desk to move to Katie's side, beginning to tickle the female. Alex knew why she wasn't able to come over, why she wasn't coming over. Julia took every opportunity to ruin what plans they had, surely, this upcoming weekend would be no different. "So, you better skip school or something and apologize to her before she leaves." His hand coming off of the girl's side as the teacher came in, Julia's friends looked straight but gave the occasional glance behind to see what the two were doing. It would be like that all hour, some would pull out their phones and text Julia. He knew it, but, he didn't really care at the moment.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and shook her head. She was a bit concerned about the way the girl was getting sick. Not that she showed it. It was of no concern to her if she wanted to pollute her body with whatever was the most recent trend, or at least that's what she told people who tried talking to her about it. She liked to think that it was for Alex that she was concerned, it was his girlfriend who was getting sick, and he had to be worried too.

Not a single person in the school knew where her true worry came from. It had been before she and her mother had moved there. When they'd lived in Colorado. And she really didn't plan on telling anyone, not even Alex, though she would tell him anything else. Still, she remembered vividly when her own mother had been into any pill pushed her way, anything that would improve her health. What had happened? The woman had stopped taking the right medications, she was bipolar, and had gone off on just the bad ones. She'd ended up out of her mind, speaking gibberish, slapping Katie around, and weighing only eighty pounds. Before they'd put her into the institution. She didn't want to see that happening to anyone else. Even Julia.

She must have been slightly zoned out. She heard Alex talking about his mother buying them junk food, but that was a fog. It was when he tickled her that she finally snapped out of it with a jump and startled laugh, turning to him. "I'm sure she doesn't really miss me. Doesn't she get along with Julia?" She asked curiously.

She could see the people glaring, all Julia's friends, and inside she sighed. Outside, she made a face at them and was tempted to show them a finger. She was bothered by the rumors. Part of her found them funny, but then there was a part that hurt. She hadn't even done anything to Julia, besides continuing the same friendship with Alex that she'd had since they met. She didn't even flirt as much as she would have if he was single. But they talked about her. And she was pretty sure they were the ones that had started the rumor about her and her Latin teacher. Now that one hurt the most of all.

"I'll stop by before she leaves." She promised as the teacher came in. She had out her notebook, but it wasn't for notes, in that class it never was. She slowly drew a hangman board and set out eleven underlines. On top, she wrote "Character", then passed the book on to her friend.

A.J. was worried, but, none of his protests to the female really were being heard. Julia simply shrugged it off, continued on with her topic while throwing the pill of the week in her mouth. It wasn't that intelligent, the male vocalized his disapproval in the early beginning then it fell off when nothing he said made impact. He wasn't just going to break up with her because she didn't listen to him about these dietary pills or whatever she was taking. That was just petty, made him look more of a control freak then anything.

The light smile that rested on his lips didn't come back, even after the teacher had walked into room and began her lecture on Law Education. His mother knew exactly what A.J. was feeling, she knew exactly how his relationship life was like without him needing to tell her. She was his mother, she had that instinct. She felt that the two should quit their bullshitting around and stop making it unofficial, so, Alex's mother didn't really like Julia. There were plenty of times she made that clear.

Alex's eyes ventured over to the pad of paper that Katie went to work on, shaking his head lightly at the female. She was drawing the usual hangman outline. They were always the ones to spend time playing simply paper games; tic-tac-toe, hangman, dots. The usual games played on paper while you were bored. Pulling out his pen, the male grabbed the notebook as it was passed.

A.J. let out a small laugh, "Character" topic and the answer being eleven letters long. Pulling the pad toward the end of the desk, the male placed his left arm over the sheet. Making a few little edits to the paper. A.J. quickly wrote down "Fake" next to "Character", adding in J-U-L-I-A T-R-U-S-T before blacking out the last box, followed by a 'lol'. He had his occasional moments where he taunted his own girlfriend, but, that still didn't mean he was going to break up with her. It was nearing their six months, usually about this time; Julia found her own boyfriend and Alex lost his. A light smile rested on his lips as he passed the notebook back.

Scarlett saw him covering the paper and she shook her head. Sometime she would have to remind him on how to play the game of Hangman. Still, she was curious on what he was jotting down. It seemed like a lot of writing for something so simple. When he passed over the notebook, she couldn't stop herself from laughing softly to herself and putting her head down on the desk.

People were looking at her, but she really didn't care. She simply arched her shoulders to cover the paper so no one could see, before she sat back up and picked up her pen. The lecture on Law Education continued on, which was fine with her, since then she looked like she was still working on notes.

Instead, she was drawing a hanged woman. She had it's head lulled to the side on it's shoulder, with it's feet dangling. She have it long hair and X's for the eyes. She even had the tongue hanging out. In elegant script, the redhead wrote H-A-R-R-Y P-O-T-T-E-R underneath his girlfriend's name.

She wondered why he was still with the girl if he would taunt her like that. She didn't think he liked her too overly much. And she was so controlling, and stupid. It seemed like the kind of relationship he should want to be out of. She almost wondered if he was trying to keep the old rhythm going, where he'd break up with his girlfriend after she had a boyfriend. She didn't plan to find a new boyfriend this time. She planned to get him for herself.

A.J. would taunt his current girlfriend because of the company he was with; Katie Scarlett. The male was at a deeper ease while she was around, whether it just be for a small conversation or for a whole class period. It showed that he shouldn't be with her if he was just willing to openly taunt her in Katie's presence, yes but, all his reasons for doing so were right there in front of them. Their track record was crap, terrible for a worse term. The male could break up with his girlfriend, the same day- hell, within the hour it was between him not seeing her to ask her out, she'd have a boyfriend by the time he found her. The same for her, she'd break up or get broken up with, he'd have a girlfriend that day, too. It was all matter of time before Katie had another boyfriend.

Unless, well, she wouldn't be having a boyfriend because of specific rumors. He hated even thinking about said rumors about Katie, but, there was a lot of weird things going on with that class of her's. Swore he saw her staying after a few times with the teacher bent over looking down her shirt, then again, it could all just be his mind playing the jealousy card to mix with the fake rumors.

Taking in a quick breath, the male leaned to the side, only to yank the notebook away from her after she was done drawing the hang-women photo. Flipping the current page to the back, Alex placed down the notebook, pen being picked up from the desk as his right hand settled on the new sheet of paper. He wanted to make a new Hangman game, but, there was also the strong want to just talk to her.

A.J. wanted to ask her about the Latin teacher, but, it was none of his business if they were doing something. . . extra-curricular together. Who was he to judge who she wanted to date next? 'We haven't been able to talk much lately, for reasons that are fairly clear. I miss you. Miss talking and all that, how have you been?' Pulling his pen from the paper, left hand grabbing the notebook before swinging it over to her. The teacher wouldn't bother stopping what they were doing, she didn't care about notes, surprisingly.

Scarlett wished she could have more time to actually talk to A.J., instead of getting a few minutes in the morning to flirt and some passed notes. She didn't dare text him, because she was almost certain that Miss-Trust would check his texts. And calling him just seemed dumb to her, since she could never be sure when he was actually with her. But she remembered when it would be her he was up with until the early morning hours on the phone. Maybe that was why she didn't like the girl, well another reason.

When she read over the note, Scarlett smiled sadly to herself. She wasn't going to tell him about how she was bothered with what everyone was saying about her friendship with her mentor. She wasn't going to tell him that she was bothered by the talk she heard from his girlfriend's friends. She was just going to be her usual self.

'I miss you, too. It's been too long since we've gotten to talk. I've been alright. Too much time on my hands lately. How about you?' She wrote, passing the notebook to him. She was really starting to get tired of the game. The waiting, and the wondering if she was going to actually get the chance to go through with her idea that weekend, or if Julia was going to get in the way... Again.

'GET YOURSELF A BOYFRIEND THEN! ;p' Even though Alex's face held a joking smile on his lips, the whole. . . sentence turned his insides into knots, the whole- bleck. It was all bleck. It hurt to think about that sort of topic, just pained him on the insides because of their bad luck. 'You know what I mean, just gotta find someone who can keep you preoccupied, y'know?' His sentences would skip under to the next line, simply saying multiple statements to her rather then one jumbled paragraph worth of his thoughts and feelings. Can't put in the feelings because it was very unlikely for it to happen between best friends.

'I'm not bad, I'm doing. All the stuff at home has been a bit, well, depressing mixed with a whole lot of annoying. Add in Julia, lacking sleep and it equals crap - but, I am looking forward to this Friday, well, weekend. So long as you can stay, of course. My mom doesn't want Julia in the house, so, its home alone or my bestest friend in the world staying with me.' Alright, he let his thoughts go there a little bit. Couldn't just leave her with a blank reason on why he wasn't bad. Katie deserved more then that.

'Was there any sort of movie you wished to watch on Friday? Our cable bill gets paid this week, so, we can order a few movies to have it added on to next month's bill.' Pen being placed back down on his desk before handing over the notebook. A.J. would be a liar if he said he wasn't enjoying just this little conversation over paper with the female, he enjoys every chance they get to talk since they've become so sporadic in that nature as of late.

Scarlett gave a stiff laugh when she read the first statement, and looked at him, shaking her head. Underneath that, she wrote; 'I plan to, actually. I'm getting my nerve up.' Then, she moved down the row to the next statement. 'What if I told you I wanted for you to be the one to keep me preoccupied? ;*' She add to it. And she did want him to be the one preoccupying her time as well as her mind.

'I'm sorry about your home life. Is the new guy terrible? I'll hate him, too if you want me to. Can't you just not answer one of her calls? Or sleep until she calls?' She wanted to help him with all that was going wrong, as any best friend would want to. She felt pretty protective of him, had since they'd met. 'Forget that worry! I'll be there! I don't want to stay at home alone. I hate being home alone.'

She smiled at his question and shrugged. 'Why not just connect the Wii to my Netflix? That way we can get all that we want without having to pay some fee?' She suggested before passing the pad to her friend and laying her head on the desk, turning to the side to watch him.

It was fun having him to talk to. And it was also surprisingly relaxing. Without a hundred different thoughts rushing through her mind, she could enjoy time with him. Or enjoy class. Passing notes, taking notes... It was all a lot better.

Placing the notebook back down on his desk, A.J. quickly picked up the pen, eyes looking up from the desk. One of Julia's closer friend eyeballing the exchange, her eyes moving to meet Alex's, only to receive a dull, blank, questioning stare. That would be heard from Julia for a while, why was it so bad that he passes notes to Katie? Their relationship was known well before Julia had been in his life, why is it every girl gets jealous of what they have? Shaking his head momentarily, his eyes moved to read the new note on the paper.

'Oh, oh? And what do you want me to keep occupied? ;)' A.J. quickly shot down for his first reply, yes, yes, it'd go to a few sexual innuendos eventually, so, who cared. 'But, yeah, he's pretty terrible. He doesn't work, lives at my place, sleeps on the couch, eats all the food, complains about what I'm doing. Complains that I don't clean up after him - the list goes on and on.'

Scratching his chin a bit, his eyes moved up from the paper, looking up to the teacher to see her talking to the right side of the class rather then the left; non-caring side being left alone while those on the right cared. 'I will have to look for my Wii, it "disappeared".' Disappeared meaning her new boyfriend took it and pawned it, or took it and didn't tell anyone what he did with it. 'My Playstation can hook up to Netflix, though, so if your information is through connected to each - that'll work. I actually hide the Playstation, mother doesn't even know about it.' Some prize he won the last time he went to the mall, it was weird. He didn't play on it, just used it for a DvD player.

'God, now I want the weekend to hurry up and get here. All excited about you coming over and its only Tuesday. ):' Pen being sat down beside the notebook before sliding the paper to where she could read. A.J. moved his left hand up to the female's back as she laid over, resting her head against his desk. Fingers rubbing against the middle of her back, through the piece of cloth. Another thing that'd get blown out of proportion.

Scarlett read his response and smiled at the first bit. Then, she frowned and shook her head. She definitely didn't like the man, just by what her friend was saying. She was glad that she wouldn't have to meet him.

'I can imagine you being good at occupying just about anything I could want.' She drew a cute little picture of a puppy winking, before going on to answer the rest of the note. 'Alright then. I hate him. The lazy bum.' She wrote, drawing an angry face. She wanted to help him relax and cheer up. It seemed like he had a hard time recently, and he needed someone to be there for him. 'You know, you can call me or come around my house if you want to get away from him. And yeah, we can use your Playstation.' She offered.

'It will come quickly enough. :)' She assured him. She even smiled as she passed the notebook over.

A.J. smirked softly at her response to his occupying statement, shaking his head a bit, his hand stopping in its rub as his eyes scanned the page. Taking in everything she said, during the line shifts his hand would jolt a bit. It'd start rubbing her back again, only to die out again as he continued to read.

'Oh, baby, you have NO idea. One day, I assure you, you'll get to see what skills A.J. has, haha.' This note wouldn't go anywhere but between them, she'd let no one see what they talked about, so, their innocent flirting was nothing but innocent. 'I will keep that in mind.' Was all the male had to say to her phoning her statement, he would love to. Katie knew the reason as good as Alex on why he didn't call her, couldn't call her. Julia checked every little thing when she could, if he left his email up - she scoured through it. IMs. Texts. Recent made and received calls.

A.J.'s hand slowly began to move as he stared at the sheet of paper, the male wanted to get off this topic. Just talk about something else without it going to flirting, or them being perverted. Not that it mattered, he just preferred that not to happen.

'This' The male started writing, only to pause, the point of the pen pressing into the paper, a small dot forming where it pressed into the paper. 'feels good to do again, Katie. Sorry for, well, letting a girl control who I choose to speak and not speak to. I hate not talking to my best friend.' Spinning the notebook back to her so she could read, his hand moving to continue the light rub against her shirt.

Scarlett smirked when he started the off and on movements on her back. She always thought he had a wonderful touch, and she'd missed it as of late. It wasn't like they never got to talk, but when they did talk it would end up as the two of them flirting mercilessly, in the past it had been a little more than flirting, instead of actual friend time. It seemed like they were actually getting that. Finally.

When she got the notebook back, the girl lifted her head slightly to read, enjoying the rub on her back again. She smiled at the first statement, but then, the note took a more serious tone, so she didn't continue on that vein. She just kept that in mind, thinking that he didn't even know how soon that day would really be.

'I understand, Alex. Though I miss you like crazy.' She wrote, pausing if she should tell him more about what she missed. Should she let him know while she had the chance how she felt? No, that was just tacky. So, she went back to being the best friend. 'But, you care about Julia. No matter how I feel about her, I want you to be happy. If she makes you happy...' She let that hang as she actually saddened herself. She passed the book back to him and sat up, bringing her hands up to his neck, to switch it around.

She began to rub his neck as she wondered if things would be so good when they actually had something more than friendship. Would they rub each other's backs? Would they still be able to talk the way they did?It would be a great relationship, she thought.

As quickly as Katie Scarlett could change his mood to happy, she could change it to a quick wrench of his heart and force a utter sadness wash over his whole body. I miss you like crazy. You care about Julia. I want you to be happy. If she makes you happy. Does Julia make him happy? There are times, yes but, she was simply the pick-up to the one he couldn't. Every girl the male was dating was always, and never more, but a 'Plan B' to his 'Plan A' girl; Katie.

'WCIBU?'

A.J. quickly jotted down, curious to know if she had forgotten what it means. Why can't it be us. Her and him, him and her. They tossed that back and forth a year or so ago, but, that was then - this is now.

Quickly shaking his head, A.J. leaned into the girl's hand a bit, the capped end of the pen coming to rest against the paper as he thought of what to say. He was quite dumbfounded right now, what could he say? She was playing the best friend role. . . part of him wanted that fiery, 'I want you for myself' person to come out. Guess that gave him bit of an answer to his own question, huh? 'We'll continue that topic come Friday, that is one of those ones that should be better vocally then over pen and paper.'

'So, sweetums, whatchu wearin'!?' The male quickly jotted down, drawing a quick winking face before sliding the book over to her. It wasn't hard to tell what he was getting at, they needed to stay off serious conversations, at least until Friday.

Scarlett could have sworn that she felt some kind of change in A.J, and she knew that she had said something wrong. But what? She was being supportive, for the time being. With his selfish girlfriend, and his mother's newest boyfriend, she thought he needed someone to support him. But she was pretty sure that the support had made him sad, for some reason.

And then, when he handed the notebook over, she saw the reason, and it gave her hope, and upset her. Why can't it be us? She still remembered that. If he still wanted her, why did he get another girlfriend? Why couldn't he just wait? Or tell her he wanted them to be together, sooner? Why was he so stubborn? She wanted to be with him, had for so long. And it was time to stop messing around and make what they had an official relationship.

He wanted to get off the serious discussion, and she knew that it would be wrong to continue it over a note. She would just wait.

'Nothing but high heels and silk gloves.' She teased him, passing the short note forward just before the bell rang and it was time for them to go. With a smile, the redhead stood up, kissed the top of her friend's head and whispered into his ear "It could be us." So that he knew that she still remembered the WCIBU.

End of Law Education turned into Wednesday, no contact with Katie - massive bitching from Julia. Of course Julia found out about the rubbing, the talking, the note passing, and the kiss Katie gave him. It was all blown out of context from Julia's friends, forced Julia to show up earlier to school while massive texting to make sure he was coming to school and wasn't with Katie. She was subtle about her hints at being with Katie, but, it wasn't hard to tell the light jealousy she had. No girl could get that close to Alex as Katie was.

Wednesday turned into Thursday, Thursday into Friday. Friday into a small settling depression; no Katie Scarlett in school. That meant there'd be no Katie Scarlett at his house for their weekend plans. Julia wasn't so happy to hear about that either, she asked herself over subtly. A.J. had to explain that his mother was only allowing Katie over because she trust Katie, needing to explain that his mother wasn't too keen of her. That didn't sit very well with Julia.

A light sigh passed through A.J.'s lips, his eyes staring down at the phone. Biizzzziittt. 'NEW MESSAGE' Julia's fifth text within two minutes, flipping his phone open. 'Call me when you get home, A.J!' A light sigh passed through his lips once more, the other texts simply asking if he was home yet.

Pulling his bag from his shoulder, the male pulled out his house key as he approached the door. Wasn't hard at all to tell the boy was sad, all his weekend plans ruined by the no-show of his best friend. "Guess Julia and her friends got to her." The male muttered to himself, slipping the key into the key hole before unlocking the top lock, left hand dropping to twist the knob before pushing the door open.

His mother and her new boyfriend were well into their weekend, he said good-bye in the morning before she left. So, he really didn't need to call and check up; she'd be too busy for him anyways. A light sigh passed through his lips, pushing the door closed behind him. Kicking off his shoes as his bag slumped down off his shoulder, Alex would get over it soon enough. The male just needed to get used to being by himself this weekend.

Scarlett had gotten stopped more than once after their Law class by Julia's friend. She'd better stay away from A.J. if she knew what was good for her. A.J. was Julia's boyfriend and they were madly in love. No matter what she did it couldn't destroy what they had. She'd better quit being a whore and leave him alone. If they saw her with A.J. again, she'd be in the hospital for a week. Those really hadn't scared her away from Alex, but she let them have their subtle win.

It was when Julia called her that night that she was bothered. The girl had gotten her phone number, probably off of Alex's phone, and had actually called her. "Leave A.J. Alone. I don't know what makes you think that anyone really wants you, but they don't. You are just a frizzy haired whore with no boobs. He's only humoring you, trust me, he doesn't even want you around." Yes, that had hurt, had been more than a little painful to hear things she'd always wondered herself. But, she had pretended that it hadn't.

Friday, Scarlett had skipped school, like A.J. had suggested to go over to his house and talk to his mother for a few minutes before she left. She had told the woman all that had happened with Julia and her friends through the week, and the older woman had told her she could stick around the house and wait for school to be over. Scarlett loved the woman like another mother, and kissed her cheek on her way out.

That day, she'd actually gotten much needed sleep in Alex's bed, and had thought about making a snack for when he got home. She'd ended up cooking up some nachos, which were done only minutes before he walked into the door. She knew he didn't expect her to be there, so, with a sly smile, she snuck to the doorway of the kitchen and peered out.

"Your mother's boyfriend is a bit creepy." She called out, watching him closely. "Are you hungry, honey?" She asked, waiting to see how his face would change. Right then he almost looked like someone had kicked his puppy.

Back
Top Bottom