Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This wasn't in the survival guide

She smiled and kissed Renzi at a stoplight, smiling at him, frowning as the ambulance went by. "Well, I guess some people have to deal with the here and now. People like the police and the doctors have to deal with things as they come. There's not much that would last without some kind of order." Nicole got back into her seat and listened to music, singing along now and then.

Jess finally came out from the master bedroom looking a bit drowsy. "Hey, did you have a good nap?" Nicole asked nicely. She didn't mind that Jess was between the two of them. It didn't really make sense for her to stay back there since it was hard enough to hear. "You should probably have a seat, though. The road gets curvier," she said softly.

Jessica nodded, "Mm." She wasn't much of a talker when she first woke up and on impulse she hugged Renzi tightly. The dream having lasting effects on her.
Renzi looked up from driving and placed on hand over her arm. "Hey. I'll give you a proper hug once we're at the campsite." he dropped his hand and looked back at the road as they traced a winding path that was going higher and through a line of trees on both sides. The tops green, putting them all in a green aura.
Jessica nodded and sat down at the table, laying her head on her arms, sleep still on her mind. She pulled her iPod back out and turned it on to DDR Butterfly, pushing repeat she listened to it for a few minutes before falling asleep again.

Renzi watched the road before he turned to Nicole again, "The lake should be over this hill, to your left." he pointed to her window as they crested the hill. Sparkling water shimmered and flashed, boats were moored on either side and there were bridges that ran along both sides. "I used to jump off those when I was a kid." he grinned, "Parents had this dog, Gunner, he used to jump off with me. He was a huge black lab. I would stride the water and he'd come to pull me ashore." he smiled at the memory, his eyes turning bright for a few seconds.

They drove a few more minutes until they came to the RV parking, it was completley empty, "Perfect. We have the lake to ourselves." he turned to look at Nicole, "Get the picnic basket and I'll get the towels." he joked before killing the engine and turning his chair to look at her. Placing his hands on her upper thighs, he stared her in the eyes. "This will work out, Hon. I know it will."

Nicole was a bit put off by the brush off she got from Jess and Renzi got a rather warm hug. Granted they were friends and friends did hug, it did little to make her less upset. Still, she kept a smile on her face, turning her attention to the scenery rather than the two of them, Jess's ass in her face. She told herself to be patient and she told herself that it was fine, the girl had it bad enough already. So she let go and smiled at the sight of the lake and his tales of boyhood.

"I'm glad I get to see it," she said. When he turned to her again, she looked into his eyes and saw the need for reassurance as he tried to reassure her. She smiled and took his hands in hers. "I'm sure it will." With that, she kissed his lips softly.

Renzi's eyes were filled with worry and longing, so when Nicole smiled and kissed him, he sighed into her lips and kissed her back, clutching her tightly. "As long as I have you, Nickie, I know things will work out fine." he whispered into her ear. He pulled back and kissed the tip of her nose before kissing her forehead as well. "Let's scout out the perimeter." he said softly, standing and stretching. "We got to make sure there are no crazies out in the woods." He looked at a lightly slumbering Jessica on the table before looking back at his girlfriend, "It will be just us two, let Jess sleep a little more. Besides," he pulled her up gently and wrapped one arm around her waist before bringing her close, "I want to spend some alone time with my girl." he kissed her, his free hand on the middle of her back.

Nicole was glad that she could give him the kind of confirmation he needed from her. Just being here probably helped his peace of mind. She let him hold her as close as he wanted, putting her arms around him to. They could make it through this. She knew they could. A flash of the look in his eyes when he'd held her at gunpoint shot through her head and she was struck with his determination to protect her, and himself. She held him a little tighter.

When he pulled away, she smiled softly and let him kiss her nose and forehead. "Okay. But we have to lock up the RV. If there is someone around I don't want them to get to her," she said, looking back at the sleeping girl. She kissed him back as he brought her close and she smiled again. She could do with some time alone with him. And some fresh air might do some good. "I can get on board with that idea," she teased. "Let me get my gun....and some bug spray." What a silly sentence.

Renzi felt her tighten her grip and his face fell as he just held her. He knew something was going around her mind, he just didn't know what it was. He dropped his arms and pulled back, nodded,"I was thinking about that as well," he picked the keys from the ignition and smiled, "The little bastards don't come out till nightfall. They never venture out when it's sunny. They're like miniature vampires." he grinned before snorting, "I assure you, they don't sparkle."
Renzi looked back at Jessica, "Yeah, we'll lock up." he watched her go and lightly slapped her ass, "I'll be waiting for you." he winked at her and watched her go.

The joke was not lost on her and she rolled her eyes at the over-played corniness of it. "Har har. Such a clever man." She feigned swooning and gave him a playful smack to the shoulder as he slapped her ass. She jumped a little and went back to the master bedroom to grab her gun with some extra bullets, just in case. While she was there, she put on some bug spray and a little bit of sunscreen. She didn't want to get burnt out here with her fair skin. Once she was ready, Nicole headed back out to him and kissed his cheek.

"Hey, should we leave a note in case she wakes up while we're gone?"

Renzi smiled as she kissed his cheek, "Yeah. I was thinking about that as well." he grabbed a sheet from the 'Hone-Do' list on the fridge and wrote a quick note. His cursive flowing gracefully across the page. 'Jess, Nicole and I went to scout the area, make sure it is safe. Stay here and stay safe. We will come back as soon as possible.' He wrote his name and then placed it carefully by here head. He looked at her sadly and turned to his girlfriend, "Alright, Hon. Let's do this."

Renzi grabbed the keys and pocketed them before stepping out into the abnormally warm spring morning. The sky was a pale blue, thin clouds danced across the blue, the sun's rays warmed everything it touched. He turned around and held the door open for her. When she joined him, he closed and locked the door. He turned around and first began checking around the RV before returning. "Where should we check first," he noticed the Lake House and Pub. Pointing to it he said, "When in doubt follow the drunkards. Beer and alchy is a must." Renzi grinned and started walking to it.

Nicole watched him, wondering what he was thinking as he put the note next to Jess. Either way, they were off. She followed after him and held onto his hand as he started off toward the pub. "I could do with a drink," she said, looking around her as they kept walking. "Hey...I was wondering...if it's safe there, would you mind staying there a little longer? I haven't seen you for awhile, and I missed you. I could use some kisses."

Renzi looked at her, grinning, "I would love to Nickie." he stopped to kiss her, "been a long while since I had the chance to be with you too." he clenched her hand tightly and shook it once before holding it gently. He walked slowly up to the door and reached behind him to take the Eagle out of his waistband. Changing sides with her, so he was able to hold his gun left handed, he walked up to the door, knocking with the butt of the gun before flipping it back. Renzi quickly glanced in the glass pane. There was no response but he saw a shadow walking back and forth.
Renzi let go of his girlfriend's hand, "Nickie, I'm going in first, open the door and wait behind it until I call that it is clear," he looked at her, there was no compassion in his eyes. his face was straight, almost to the point where it was scary. "I think I saw someone near the bar." Renzi looked back to the door then added something else, "Am I understood?" he looked to her again, the face of her boyfriend was no more, the face of someone who was only trying to survive was labeled strongly on his features.

As soon as he started telling her he was going in she was on the alert, her gun out as well. "Just be careful Renzi." She gave his shoulder a squeeze and then let him go. "I promise I'll stay here for as long as I can. Let me know when it's safe." That said, she took a deep breath and decided to cover the entrance to the place while he was inside. "Are you ready to go in?"

Renzi nodded, "Yes, I am." when he looked at her, his eyes were dark, empty. Turning back, he opened the door. He didn't really want her to come in, but Nicole knew her way around a gun fairly well and knew what to expect, he set his shoulders and walked to the threshold.

Renzi hadn't even crossed it when a man charged after him, his face bloody, eyes red with rage. "Nickie!" he called before turning his head to the side and shoving his gun under the mans chin before firing. The head exploded over the door, walls and his shoes. Renzi checked inside before noticing more men. He turned back quickly, "Nicole. Are you alright?" he asked, his face lined with worry.

Nicole had stepped away from the threshold quickly enough when he went inside. She had been prepared to watch the perimeter for him, making sure they had an exit, but she heard a tussle right away and saw her boyfriend being attacked by a mad person. For a moment she froze in shock. In an instant, she had her gun at the ready, firing behind him into a man's forehead--his face was bloody as well.

"So new rule--never follow the alcoholics," she said. "I'm fine, now let's move. Either we take this place back or we run."

Renzi nodded, "Yes." He looked at her before turning back to the Pub. "They would have heard the shots." he looked her up and down. "I know how well you are with that. Use it well." he walked to the left side and directed her to the right. He pointed two fingers at his eyes and the four corners before checking his footing. "Be careful sweetie." he whispered before taking out the roamer by the bar.

Nicole followed after him clearing the corners that were closest to her before searching for more. Rezi had point, so she was just support at this point, but she was well aware of everything around her. She continued to look around as the delved further into the bar.

Back
Top Bottom