Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Life

Shovel

Supernova
Hey BMers. Got a question. I am a male and I just started a second life account with a female persona. I'm making myself into a really pretty girl and want to hang out at Lesbian bars/clubs. My thinking is, since this is second life, I want to be something other than my real self. And there are times I wish I was a girl. Is this wrong?

Not really.

Human beings are capable of imagination. That's what makes us really cool. Imagination, I feel, is also very important to empathy. You can only be truly empathetic to a person if you can imagine yourself as them. And sometimes, based on how our lives are, we wish to be someone else, just for a little while. Imagination is not only useful as a tool for empathy, but also for improving our own lives by enriching them.

Gender identity is an interesting thing. If you feel at times that you are more comfortable as a girl, places like second life can give you a chance to live that out in an environment that is safer than RL. However, you must be careful in how you let your various identities online and off intersect. For example, I would not suggest a possible close relationship with someone online without letting them know of your sex or gender identity, if only to avoid problems if you should meet (being identified as trans, even if all you're doing is gender play and not actually attempting to transition, can be quite dangerous for one's health).

I honestly don't think I could ever actually go through the actual transition from male to female. I just want to dive into a little fantasy and play around. I'm often described as a feminine person in the way I act, so I want to experience what its like to be female. But I do agree with you...I don't want to get too close to anyone on there because I'm not a woman in real life.

"And there are times I wish I was a girl. Is this wrong?"

No, I'm girl from the very beginning of my life and there's nothing wrong with it :D

I just don't want to be deceiving anyone...but then again, it is me...just a different aspect of my personality. I dunno. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom