Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
The following people have

1) Stated their willingness to become moderator
2) Been active in the forums at or nearly every other day
3) Been here for an extended period

* Pistol Kiss
* Misanthropiclove
* Kikora
* Scotty Rage

This is only for moderator duty.

This means that most of their work will consist of "Being around in case a spammer shows up." And Scotty Rage may help with technical aspects depending on what he knows, need to grill him on that >_>

All of these people are in the same time zone. So will probably only end up promoting two or three, and see who pops up elsewhere as time goes on.

If you have a question to ask of the above, ask it.
If you have a concern about the above, present it.
If you've been named here and want to make your case, do so.
If you haven't been named here and want to make your case, please wait until we need to expand the team again.

I have always known Scotty Rage to be fair and honest. He's online pretty often and I think he would handle things pretty well. He's a pretty reliable person, and nice to boot. I cast my vote for Scotty.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the other candidates, but I'd listen to them if they stated their cases.

Scotty Rage is the only one of those folks I don't know or consider a friend. But since he may have the technical skillz, that a completely other consideration.

As for the others, they have fairly enthusiastic support from me, at least. I think any/all of them would make fine moderators.

As far as I'm considered, PK fucked off her chance at staff when she had it before. She demonstrated a clear willingness to break the rules in favor of her friends.

Misan I already spoke of my support for.

Rage, as well, I believe would be a good staff member, especially if he has real programming expertise to bring to the table.

Kikora I am entirely neutral on.

Of the 4, Scotty is the one I know least. So, I'd like for him to share more about what his technical skills actually are. Soooo.... have at it! Thank you kindly. XD

That was twenty months ago and she owned up to it immediately.

...reading some of the past moderator discussions is amusing.

Seraph Nicholas said:
Black Rose of all people came to me looking to get Reaper banned. It seems that the 17 year old he blackmailed was yokodea, who's been previously banned... Upon investigating black rose's sent PMs on her tip, I found that the blackmail (lollerskates, right) apparently extended rather far offsite ('you left yoko because you found out what I made her do over the phone' was the exact verbiage). Well, as laughable as the idea of him 'forcing' anyone to do anything over the phone, that's how most everyone involved in this conflict views it, and I'm rather irked by the idea.

On the other hand, he just offered to pay his way into our good graces.

So, what do you guys think we should do?

prettylykSIN said:

I don't care how much he pays.

Ban him dumb ass. I'm sick of his mouth.

Pistol Kiss said:
How much money?

Seraph Nicholas said:

Pistol Kiss said:

...I should gather some of these together for a book sometime.

Congratulations!!!! May Blue Moon continue to prosper under your experienced and watchful eyes.:D Glad it's over and things can get back to relaxing and having creative fun.

Bahahahaha, I remember that.

As for PK, yes, it was an age ago, but it still puts her on the bottom of the list as compared to all these people that haven't fucked up.

Well, it really depends on which programming language we'd be working with. Have to brush up a bit, but still have my books handy if I need reference. :D

My programming experience is fairly limited as I had to leave school early on due to unforeseen financial complications, but I do still maintain a bit of what I learned and can pick it up again with fair ease. The best asset I have working in my favor is the ability to comprehend things easily, which I've always possessed. As far as what languages I've worked with, basic and C++ mostly. Been a while, but you don't really unlearn those sort of things, though I would have to brush up a bit, as I said.

And since a lot of what we do here on the forum is also centered around BBC code, which I am very familiar with, then that's not as much of a challenge. I'm not going to try and bluff my way into a position, as I'm volunteering more out of a desire to simply be of some help to a forum I greatly enjoy rather than have any delusions about being in charge of anything. I personally am not normally one who likes to be in a leadership position, having been Admin on two different Old WoD Java chat based RP communities in the past, and inheriting all the headaches that came with the position. >.> I do, however, want to assist in any way I can until someone better suited can possibly step up and fill the position.

So, just to help you guys out a bit in determining things and to make sure nobody reads more into anything I say in any way more than I intended it, I am far from an expert at programming, and as stated before, I have SOME experience with it, though haven't had to apply it in years. I have the reference material to help me fill in the gaps, and my brother, who is closer to an expert, having been fully schooled, is readily available to help me if something turns out to be beyond my knowledge or experience. I just don't want people banking solely on me being a programming genius. While I do have a high aptitude for anything technical, my skills are still limited by my education in the matter. I can build computers from components and do anything with most operating systems as well as set up networks and lighter IT related tasks. It's been a long time since I've messed around in DOS though, so it might take me some practice to get back into it.

Now, with that being said, I'd be happy to share what I can with you, Veks. Just PM me with any questions you have. I just had to make sure people understand what I was saying, and make sure I'm not selected by default because I can do a little programming. I'd much rather be selected based on trust and honesty, and if there's someone better for the job, I'd rather it be given to them truthfully. I just want to help if I can, but you'll never hear any argument or protest from me if someone more qualified or with a better rapport with other members is selected over me. ^_^

Addendum: If someone in a different time zone steps up to the plate, feel free to put me on the back burner, as I am probably the newest member out of your list, and haven't socialized a lot with many of the other members of the board. Most of my posting history, as you may see, is in actual RP and not so much in OOC boards, though I know as a mod I'd have to get in the habit of watching OOC boards. I have no problem with doing that, but I'd rather see someone in the position that people are comfortable with. As for PK, that happened way before my time it seems, but honestly, if it was that long ago and things have been okay since, I don't see the harm in a second chance at all. People in general seem to like PK, so I'd back her.

Finally, on a side note, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Also, I'm feeling a bit better, so should be back in the saddle soon and picking up the Role-Plays I'm involved in. Truly sorry once more for leaving folks hanging, but my body just turned against me for several days there. I'm looking forward to continuing my activities here, be it as a mod or a member, and want to thank you all for being patient with me this week. ^_^ Happy Thanksgiving everyone. And I promise, sooner or later I'll stop editing this post. >.>

What I worry about most about me and modship is that, as much as I do pointless fuckery in chat, that I may be seen as a "bad influence" mod wise in chat. Not that regulars take chat seriously, but some new people may not know this. I do try to explain to new people that I am a "flaming douche canoe" or otherwise, but I don't want to be taken as "ALL MODS BE DIS WAY", and I don't really see myself stopping my antics.

I figure the best course of action for this is making certain that a select font or color for me would be my "mod voice," so to speak. Such as red or bold.

Also I believe I can be seen as abrasive because I tend to handle situations bluntly. I CAN be tactful in the "step on eggshells to spare feelings" context of tactful, and I can be tactful in other ways as well. I just generally find that being blunt and honest works best.

These are the flaws I see in myself, or potential flaws. If I am worrying too much about them, please let me know. If I am underplaying them or have missed something, go ahead and critique me other members of bluemoon.

Here are my thoughts, for what they are worth:

(1) Pistol Kiss: Can't complain about any interaction I've had with her personally though some of the comments I've seen on the forums or in chat can be immature at times (the same could be said for many of us I'm sure). Been around at least as long as I have and as far as I can tell has been an active member. I consider her a friend and I enjoy interacting with her in chat as she makes me laugh most of the time. I don't know anything about her previous screw up mod-wise but I'm all for second changes as Scotty said earlier so if it was that long ago, maybe its time for that second chance.

(2) Misanthropiclove: The flaws he pointed out are the ones I'd have chosen also. I also consider Misan a friend and he never fails to make me smile but then again I know not to take him too seriously most of the time and can usually tell the difference between a joke and seriousness. He's been around a while too so knows the site pretty well. I'm all for bluntness but tactfulness usually works better for leaders in my experience - except those rare instances where only bluntness will get the message across. If he says he can be tactful, maybe he can; only time will tell. All that said, I think to be taken seriously as a mod, he'll have to figure out a way to separate the "pointless fuckery" part of his personality from the leadership persona.

(3) Kikora: Been around as long as I have and a friend. Very rarely do I see her being anything other than polite and friendly on the boards and she's an active member for the most part. The one fault I think that has stood out for her on here has been how she reacts to things that either a) she takes very personally (e.g. a topic that she's passionate about, etc) and b) that offend her in some way. She can also have a tendency to argue something into the ground. Other than those moments, she tends to be mature and well spoken though she can also be shy and quiet. The fact that she volunteered to be a mod says a lot to me - she has a desire to serve the site even though it might go against her normal personality. That's also a knock against her.

(4) Scotty Rage: Haven't talked to him on here before though I have talked to him on another site. In those instances, he was always friendly and I've seen nothing from his various BMR posts to change my first impression of him. His honesty re: his programming skills is a plus in my mind - tells me I might be able to trust him to be honest other times (though that's never a guarantee with anyone, especially on the net). He has the least amount of time on the site as any of the others but sometimes being less "experienced" time wise can bring a fresh perspective.

The only other thing I'd note is that, from an RP standpoint, I know Kikora and Scotty are active (from what I've seen in the post updates) but I'm not sure if Pistol Kiss and Misan are active RPers. Should mods of an RP site be active RPers at the same time or does it matter? I've no idea myself but food for thought.

Misanthropiclove said:
What I worry about most about me and modship is that, as much as I do pointless fuckery in chat, that I may be seen as a "bad influence" mod wise in chat. Not that regulars take chat seriously, but some new people may not know this. I do try to explain to new people that I am a "flaming douche canoe" or otherwise, but I don't want to be taken as "ALL MODS BE DIS WAY", and I don't really see myself stopping my antics.

I figure the best course of action for this is making certain that a select font or color for me would be my "mod voice," so to speak. Such as red or bold.

Also I believe I can be seen as abrasive because I tend to handle situations bluntly. I CAN be tactful in the "step on eggshells to spare feelings" context of tactful, and I can be tactful in other ways as well. I just generally find that being blunt and honest works best.

These are the flaws I see in myself, or potential flaws. If I am worrying too much about them, please let me know. If I am underplaying them or have missed something, go ahead and critique me other members of bluemoon.
Yeah, because, you know, we have such a track record for mature and fair and kind staff.

Be like water.. it has its own unique wisdom and follows its own natural path. Everything will be fine,no matter what happens or has happened, change is inevitable and the very essence of the universe. Your ability to adapt determines your survival. hee hee...

I don't see Misan's humor becoming a problem. I've seen him step into a few dramatic scenarios as a voice of reason, successfully diffusing the hostility of the situation. I'd approve completely if he'd become a mod. He knows how to make people laugh, be a good friend, joke around, and truly be the voice of reason that Blue Moon needs right now.

Well, I am a passionate person, and I am passionate about this site and making sure that it is as pleasant of a place as possible for all members on it. I wont stand for people spamming, bullying, or making BM a the kind of site where people don't feel comfortable, welcome, or safe. That's why I added my name to be a mod. ^^

kikora said:
Well, I am a passionate person, and I am passionate about this site and making sure that it is as pleasant of a place as possible for all members on it. I wont stand for people spamming, bullying, or making BM a the kind of site where people don't feel comfortable, welcome, or safe. That's why I added my name to be a mod. ^^

Congratulations dear and I am really happy for you. Your words of wisdom are but a predecessor of what a great mod you will be. :D

Basically, I vote Misan. I also vote Pistol Kiss.

Also, what's with all the seriousness. This is very odd. This is BMR. Shouldn't there be talk of sodomy involving irradiated fish or some such?

Misan gets my vote.

I'm not sure about PK or Kiko becoming mods. Kiko seems to get overly passionate and can be snappish and PK can become dramatic (But this site is pretty much dramatic but it's not needed with a mod). If Beam-Me-Up-Scotty has techy background, then he could be a good addition to the "league." He seems nice enough to me.

Still, whoever gets picked will have my support.

Speaking on an exceedingly biased but personal level, Scotty Rage is a fantastic individual. I would trust him with absolutely anything on the net and in RL. He would be a solid, trustworthy addition to the staff at BM.

DrivingMissDaisy said:
Speaking on an exceedingly biased but personal level, Scotty Rage is a fantastic individual. I would trust him with absolutely anything on the net and in RL. He would be a solid, trustworthy addition to the staff at BM.

Yeah, but votes from my girlfriend might not count. :p But I appreciate you showing your support, babe. ^_^

I also want to thank those who have looked at me with an open mind, as well, even if they don't know me very well personally. You're a great bunch, and it would be an honor to serve you, even for a short time.

Alright. Given that
1) I am in CST
2) DA is in EST
3) Pretty is in EST
4) Scotty Rage (if he gets promoted) is in EST
5) Every other applicant is also in EST

...we're only going to be promoting one person from the EST time zone, outside of possibly Scotty.

That person has been chosen, and that person is Misanthropiclove.

As time goes on we may pull a few others, particularly if their schedules are different, so we can have better coverage.

Thank you for your comments, everyone.

November Snow is also in EST and WhiteTiger appears to be in CST -_- oi.

Back
Top Bottom