Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mist-Covered Heart (Hat+Nuerok)

Hat-tori

Supernova
James sighed happily as he leaned back in his chair with a smile.
"I love the fall quarter." he said, sipping some tea. He was dressed nicely, in a good three-piece suit as he watched the newcomers to the school and to the college level filter in. His good friend, Billy, a huge man in all dimensions, sat beside him.

"New victims?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, can it, brickhead." he replied. "You know as well as I do that everyone who stops in at Jimmy Cafe leaves satisfied, if you know what I mean."

"Oh. yes, but you go through girls like a fat man in a pizza parlor." he replied.

James evidently was so popular for a reason: A stunningly handsome young man, with white hair like snow and blue eyes like ice. His suit even had a snowflake tie, and he grinned.
"I'll try something new this year. I'll be going for a guy."

Billy spat out the mug's worth of coffee in shock. Automated cleanup robots rushed to handle it.
"What." he managed, flatly.

"See, there's one now." he said, pointing into the crowd.

Shane twitched nervously as they approached the school. It had been a year or so since his 'ability' had started to manifest itself, that guy picked the wrong time nad person to mess with apparently...

Other than that, his life had been fairly normal for being adopted. Good grades, average looks, black hair and an athletic build. He made freinds easily enough and he was on the track team.

He didn't know much about the school, other than that it was for others with powers as well. Furthering their education and also teaching them to keep their powers under control, so he was told at least.

He took a deep breath, stepping off the bus and walking up the walkway to the rather large campus. It did house students from kindergarten, all the way up to college, one hand in the pocket of his jeans, the other holding his duffel bag.

He walked inside with several other students, looking around curiously. "Geez... this place big enough?" He let out a low whistle, straggling behind the others as he continued to look around.

"They need a lot of room for the flyers." he said, seemingly appearing behind the boy. "Notice how it's like one long shaft with hallways shooting off of it? That way, people who can fly have easier access to other floors." he said, "But there's always stairs and elevators for the ones who cannot." he added, gesturing to the multiple tubes that ran up the length of the building and the large staircase to one side. "Are you new to Avalon?" he asked. "It can be quite intimidating for a new person. I'm James, and I' the president of the student council." he nodded at large man back at the table. "That's my friend, Billy. He's the head of discipline. Welcome to Avalon." he held out his hand and smiled.

He twitched again, spinning around with his foot raised. He stopped mid-way, letting his foot down as he rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry about that, I've kinda developed a reflex over the years..." He chuckled nervously, nodding at his explanation for the large area. looking over at the tubes. "Ah... I see." He murmurred before returning his attention to James, and Billy.

"Uh... yeah a few too many people sent to the hospital, their own fault really, but what can you do, am I right?" He said, shaking the offered hand. "Shane, senior. Nice to meet you James." He smiled softly, then looked to the dissapearing line of students. "Well, guess I should be getting to the... whatever it is they're doing, would be bad form to be late first day, eh? See you later Student Council President." He said cheerfully, adjusting his duffel bag as he took off after them.

"It's an Outburst. The symptoms are all there." Billy said. "You still sure about this?"

"I'm certain." James said, as his chest reformed from the white mist it had briefly turned into. "After all, someone has to keep Outbursts in line."

"I know. Jus' be careful, okay? Oh, an'... If you do to him what you did to Kana... I'll persn'lly turn ye insides to yer outsides." he added.

"Why are you always so serious!? I have to get to the orientation. I'll see you later." he said, turning into white mist and zooming away... over the heads of the newcoming students and into the assembly hall where all people new to the facility arrived. He reformed on the stage, waiting for everyone to take their seats as he looked over the notes idly.

He cleared his throat.
"Ladies and gentlemen." he began. "We realize this place is strange, new, and frightening to many people. You are far from home, and uncertain about what to do next, I am sure. The first semester starts in a month, just so you know. Classes have been chosen for you already, in accordance with your evaluation." he looked up at the students. "While you are here, you will be living in seperate apartments. These are located on the second floor. The east wing is for men, the west, for women." he said. "There is no curfew, however, the lights are out at 8 PM sharp. It is expected you will be in your rooms at that time." he sighed heavily. "Classes are on the third floor and up. Ground floor is for picking up your weekly delivery of food for at home, your lunch every day, etc. Allowances will be notated in your apartment on the back of the door." he went on.

"And now for the rules." he stated. "First of all, there is no dress code. Due to the nature of some abilities, clothing is optional. However, those who cause disturbances will be seen as a nuisance." he said. "Use of powers in a way that disrupts the school or subverts its purpose is also against the rules, and will be frowned upon. Fighting is not allowed... unless there is supervision." he added.

"Now... Are there any questions?"

Shane looked up, suprised for a moment to see James up there on the podium, then shrugged. "Right... said he was class president." He said with a chuckle, listening intently now

He was suprised, nothing had been mentioned about allowances. He assumed they would be given food and board, that's it. He grinned, this was going to be interesting. "Does having sex in the hall count as a disturbance?" He called out after raising his hand with a smirk too a mixtures of whoots and boo's. "What? It's an honest question, I didn't hear that dating was against the rules." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Would you like to find out?" came the simple reply, to a chorus of laughter. "Yes, it is. Use common sense." he went on. "THat goes to the lot of you. If you have to ask, or it's against the law, then don't do it. Dating is fine, but please... keep these things to yourself. You are excused. Please go to the main office for your room keys." he said, turning to mist and flowing away with ease.

He grinned at the response. "Good to know." He said, leaning back in the chair as the speach was finished. He nodded and got up after everyone else did, making his way down to the main office. Now that he was here, he still didn't know what to expect, but he was going to be calm.

He grabbed his key, looking at the number. "Hmm... 3069? Interesting." He mused as he made his way up to drop his things off in his room. He wandered into the west wing first. "Oh... my bad, guess my power isn't being a compass, huh?" He said with a smirk when a group of girls stared increduously at him. He turned around and walked up to his room, chuckling softly. He could entertain himself at the very least, whistling as he spun the chain.

"Hello again." said a familiar voice behind him, simply appearing from thin air. "Shane. It's nice to see you're adjusting so well." he smiled, hand on his hip. "In case you need to know, I'm the room at the end of the hall. I won't have classes this year, due to poor scheduling, so I'll be available if you ever want to talk." he said. "Are you having fun?"

He tensed and spun around again, sighing softly. "You really want to get kicked, huh?" He said with a laugh, adjusting the strap of his bag again. "Well, it seems to be normal so far. Other than the fact we all have powers, I guess it wont be too different, huh?" He said, leaning against the wall. "So, if you don't have any classes, what are you going to be doing?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"This and that. Organizing events. Hosting my club events. Things like that." he said with a shrug. "By the way, I was hoping to offer you to be a part of my club." he said, leaning forward and smiling. "The initiation's a bit dangerous and risky, but... Well, you strike me as the brave sort. We do tournaments testing powers against one another. All very official." he leaned forward. "Of course, there is a bit of a bonus for the winner of a fight, but... That's something you only get to know if you're a member. So, are you game?"

"Hmm? I see. I guess that keeps you pretty busy then? How long have you been at this school? You seem to be fairly in control of your powers if nothing else." He said, grinning at the mention of the tournament. "A show of powers huh? Who are we fighting, and how many can get in?" He asked curiously. "So long as it's legit, it sounds interesting." He said with a smile.

"Depends. Most tourneys are round-robin with as many as ten participants, though when we get more we do sometimes do more on loser out." he said. "I was born here. Son of two of the teachers. Able to turn into mist, and control it as if it had mass." he said with a smile. "Be forewarned, I'm the current champion."

"Oh-ho? So the members participate as well? Interesting. Well, don't be too upset if you don't hold onto that title..." He said, extending his hand. "I'll be there then. So, when is this little tournament supposed to take place?" He asked, stretching his leg out. "Best go in feet first I say."

"Ah, well... It takes place in a week. But first, you have to prove that you're capable enough to join." he said. "Each participant must do something before they can participate." he said. "an initiation. Meet me at the center of the first floor plaza at midnight." he said, grinning wide. "And be prepared to do anything. And remember, no one is to know what happens during your initiation to the tournament."

He arched his eyebrow. "A test, for the test to get in? Isn't that a little redundant?" He asked, but shrugged after. "Fine, fine. I aint eating no cockroaches or nothing. Dare me to steal some panties or something, eh, I suppose I can manage." He smirked, finally heading into his room. He came out for dinner several hours later, which passed without anything too interesting happening.

He snuck out of his room with a small flash light just before midnight. He crept down to the main plaza, dressed loosely. The minutes passed on and he looked around, it was ten after by now. "Hey, come on, what's going on?" He called out quietly.

As if from nowhere, James appeared. In the darkness, the mist may as well have been invisible.
"Ah, you've arrived." he said, smiling, looking him up and down. Perfect. Perfect! "Billy here will be our supervisor. Now, this is simple. all you have to do is take the ticket laying on the table over there." he said, pointing distantly. "I suspect, at a full run, it will take you about..." he frowned. "Twenty seconds to get there. Which is how long I will give you to get there. However, I am free to do whatever I wish to stop you. You can't go crying to any of the teachers for what I do. Are we clear?" he asked, slowly turning to mist, his arms seeming to disappear.

"Go." he said, grinning.

Of course, his power allowed him to use his hands and limbs even if they were made of mist, briefly making them solid. And it was with this power that he'd, hopefully, strip the boy naked here. Let's start with the pants, he thought, reaching out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom