Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

creatures of the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark kitsune

Super-Earth
In the middle of a forest, lays a castle with in its walls all sorts of cretures who walk the night time world are free to spend their days away from the sun.
It is run by an ex vampire hunter, and dhamphire Zarian.
It is slightly under staffed and he sees to alot of the needs of the creatures such as their food and shelter and he is alway happy to open his doors to any who come knocking.

Zarian had just finished the last of the days paper work and bid his latest client farewell for the evening before removing his glasses his crimson eyes scanning the forest as he stretched and prepared to turn in for the night.

Zarian slowly stood and set forth checking each room in the house before going down tot eh front door. He opened it and looked out side for anyone wh would foolishly be out side at this time.

She stood in the shadows. Watching him from a far. Her violet eyes scanning the horizon for signs of that which followed her. She had heard much of Zarian and knew enough to fear and respect him. As she saw the door begin to close she stepped forward into the glowing light of the torches. Her flesh glistening in the moonlight. She daren't speak yet but instead stood prefectly, wrapped in dark red cloak, it's deep hood further shadowing the fine features of her face. The tails whipping around her as a rushing breeze blew around the courtyard.

Zarian noticed a presence.
"Well if you wish to come in feel free to you may use any of the open rooms, and browse the library i will be on the third floor in my office which is the biggest door."
Zarian left the door cracked after giving his invitation to the person.

She crossed the open space between the gate and the grand entrance. Swiftly moving inside the home with silent steps. Slipping off her cloak to reveal an equally deep red silken gown beneath it. The folds of fabric hugging her voluptuous body as she shook a bit of snow from her pitch black, tumbling curls. Her hair fell from it's loose leather binding, slipping around her svelte frame. Her delicate but sturdy shoulders held back and her chin held high she looked around the gracious living space in which she now found herself. She had been travelling for several weeks and was road worn from the journey. She took off her tall riding boots and picking up her thick woolen cloak sped up the steps with graceful ease. Each movement of her body like a dance step, muscles flexing and relaxing beneath her close clothing.

She checked the first door on the right, knocking softly only to hear a ravenous growl in return. Shrugging and moving down the corridor she checked several other doors with similar result. Most occupied by some sort of beast or creature, several of which she recognized by their individual sounds. Finding an empty room she placed her boots and damp cloak to dry by the bed and continued her excursion. She made her way up and down the hall examining the art and architectural beauty contained within her temporary abode. Back at the stair she proceeded up to the next floor. Remembering the man she had seen and his kindly seeming persona she chose to forgo the appropriate introduction for the meantime and turned her back to the lofty hall ahead of her and strode her way back down the steps to find the library. Her dress poured over each step like a bloody river seeping into new earth. Her gentle hand fell quietly to the railing guiding her path. She felt a bit like a princess, then remembered the truth and let out a soft sigh.

She found herself in the library at last. A glorious room with wall to wall shelves filled entirely with thick volumes and dusty tomes. She gasped at the glorious sight of so much literature in one place. She hadn't seen a collection so complete since her childhood visits to her grandmother's estate when she was a child...it seemed so long ago now. A tear came to her eye but evaporated from her carved cheek before reaching midway to her chin. She wandered around the room but didn't touch anything. How she longed to hold one of the beautiful books and trace the binding as she did when she was a child. She reached out a hand, fingertips hovering just off the delightful gold etching in a particularly large red leather bound novel. It was laid on a nearby table, an ornate lamp illuminating it's enticing cover.

"Veritatis Splendor" she read aloud. Savoring the feeling of the words in her mouth. It had been some time, she realized, since she had spoken aloud.

Zerian had sat in his office turned to some of the monitors and watched the woman as she entered the library smiling silently to him self as she seemed amazed by such a small collection.
"Hmm it seems i will have to show her my entire collection one day."
Zarian had his back to the door.

She left the library and traveled back up the steps to the third floor. She felt it was most likely time that she introduce herself properly to her host. Crossing to the large door to his office she knocked softly. Tossing her hair back over her should and smoothing out the front of her gown.

Zarian opened the door with a switch on his desk the actual door being to heavy for even he to open.
"Hello miss and welcome to my castle."
Zarian smiled as he stood and the door shut.

She stepped through the ornate door, swinging slow on it's heavy hinges. She took note of how thick the door was and that it would be considerably difficult to open should she find herself contained behind it. She swept across the room in an elegant glide. Sitting in a chair across the desk from the strange man. Her violet eyes gleaming with intrigue as she looked at the room around her.

"Hello Sir," She said with a nod of her head, careful to keep her hands confined to her lap. "My name is Katarina Vikilovich. I have traveled very far to get here." Her eyes wandered across the room only to meet his gaze.

Zarian smiled as his eyes meet hers his red one searching the depths of her violet ones as the door slowly closed with out a sound.
"It is a pleasure to meet you i am Zarian." He smiled and extended his hand to the woman as he drank in her exotic features. 'such radiant beauty and exotic features' He thought to him slef unknowingly having licked his lips as he thought about what may lie beneath her dress.

Never failing to notice a quirk she caught Zarian's devouring gaze. Stifling a giggle when he licked his lips she smiled at him. A tempting smile, a twist in her plump lips. One corner raised slightly higher then the other. She stood and curtsied to the gentleman rather then shaking his hand and exposing herself for what she was. She crouched low but dainty in her deep curtsy. Looking up at him through thick lashes she raised to standing and pulled a soft cloth from between her ample cleavage. The dress shimmied softly against her curved frame as she sat back down and slowly wrapped the slightly illuminescent cloth between the fingers of her right hand. By the time she was finished it looked almost as if she wore a fine glove, woven directly over her quick little digits. She smiled at Zarian again.

"Tell me," She said with a heady lisp. It was obvious she had been raised by scholarly types due to the way she held herself. But there was something hidden behind her tantalizing lilt. "What is it you keep hidden behind those bedroom doors? I am quite familiar with certain bestiaries...perhaps I may offer some valuable information to you."

"Well my dear, with inthe confines of these walls lie all manner of creatures that fear the sun light and at night some humans have been known to seek shelter the ones who remain are either to beastly to be allowed to leave or simply revert into their alternate form befor being able to get out of the rooms. Come sunrise they will revert to their human esque form and i can introduce you to them and then you can ask them themselves."
Zarian had followed every movement of her body and was glad the desk was here as her graceful movements and the way she presented herself had been arather huge turn on for him. He enjoyed those who were more dnagerous than they appeared it added some excitement to their presence.

Noticing the quicken breathing and slight exhale in his speech, Katarina could tell Zarian was aroused. It pleased her to know that she was still attractive to the eye. She was rather getting on in age now...or so she felt she must be.
"I would very much like to meet with some of them. But that of course will happen all in due time. I have traveled quite far and would perhaps be keen on indulging in refreshment. Is there a kitchen on the property? I fear I have brought no market fare with me this evening, but I assure you I can replenish whatever resources I may use within my stay on your property." Her smile hinted on dangerous as she eyed the attractive man sitting across from her. She could smell him across the desk and had to resist her own urge to jump the table and shower him in unlady like affection.

Zarian rose after adjusting him slef so it wasn't so obvious how she had affected him.
"Of course follow me and what ever you desire i shall make provided we have the ingredients and don't mind the use of provisions here as the market boy is due to arrive tomorrow with my monthly order."
Zarian opened the door again and lead her through the castle and down to the kitchen all the while explaining how this castle had once been in the service of count dracula during his travels and the other beings and unholy entities that have called this place a temporary home.

Listening intently as they walked Katarina also studied the beautiful architecture of the castle. It's high ceilings and elegant wood work. Metal casting and antique furniture the likes of which even she had not seen. She followed Zarian without making a sound, even her footsteps were like that of a mouse. Quiet beyond detection even to the most sensitive of animals. Her gown trailing behind her a few inches, like a flowing river of fresh blood. When they came upon the kitchen she was quite pleased to find it rather well stocked for getting a delivery the next day.

"Tell me, is there something I can make for you? I do so hate to dine alone and cooking for one is near impossible. It has been sometime since I have been in the kitchen however and would great appreciate a suggestion for a delicious nibble." She smiled at the end, lifting her voice to finish with a giggle. She realized with a start that she was overly excited at the chance of preparing a meal, especially for another person. She had been in living behind pampered walls for far to long it seemed. But it was starting to come back to her quickly enough.

Zarian smiled at her coice of words and playfully tilted his head exposing his neck more.
"Well we have all manner of food to be made so why dont we start with some tea and cake while we think ofan actual meal plan?"
Zarian had always had this thing for sweets both women and the food.

"Now that does sound delightful. Why don't you put on the kettle and I'll find the cake...perhaps you can point me in the correct direction?" She felt almost giddy. Like a girl again, able to relax.... strange it should happen so quickly. She shrugged and let the lightheaded feeling continue. Giggling again, she pulled a second cloth from between her tanned breasts and wrapped her left hand in a similar fashion to her right.

Zarian pointed towards the cuboard on his right which held cake mix and the fridge on his left which held sevral varietys of cakes already made all of which where made by him. He then preppared the kettle and set it on the stove before watching his guest intently following he rmovements.

Crossing to the fridge Katarina carefully placed her hand over the door, muttered a single phrase as softly as possible and opened it. The cool air refreshing on her face, she had gotten quite warm since being inside again. In the glowing light she could see how pink her skin was turning. Making her look more human than before she supposed. She gasped at the sight of so many treats. There were several types of cake with frosting, with glaze, some with fruit, some stacked. She picked out a lovely looking chocolate cake with strawberries. It had been drizzled with white chocolate and a piece was already cut out.

"This one looks perfect." She carried it swiftly to the counter and slid it from her grasp. She puller her hand back quickly and sighed lightly. A serene look crossing her face as she cut into the pastry.

Zarian chuckled at the way she acted towards a simple and easy to make cake.
"Well if you like i cna teach you how to make it sometime."
Zarian took the kettle off when it started whistling and set it on a coaster then he went to the cupboard to get tea cups and yelp slightly when he knicked his index finger on the edge of one of the borken ones that was carelessly put back in the cupboard, getting rid of the offending porcelian he grabbed a non broken cup and set them both down beofre examing his light but bleeding wound.

She laughed at his comment on the cake. Knowing full well she could make the same, but just delighted to have a delicacy after so long without. She decided to keep the thought to herself however when Zarian yelped across the room. Crossing to him in moments she slipped his hand into hers. Without thinking she licked his thumb then rubbed the wound with the tip of her own right thumb and exhaled over their touching hands. Then she was leaning across his view and pulling two small plates from the cupboard before returning to the counter as if nothing had transpired. She licked a small amount of chocolate off her finger and spun on one foot to face her host. When Zarian looked down her noticed the wound was completely gone. Sealed shut with barely a trace of transparency to denote where it had been.

Zarian looked form his once present wound to his guest then crossed the wound to stand next to her he smiled.
"Thank you it would have beenbad if some of the other guests had gotten a wiff of the blood when they returned." He then served them both some cake and tea efore setting the dishes on a tray and leading his guest into the dining room. "So if i may ask exactly what manner of creature are you my dear?"

"I...,"She looked shocked. She thought for a moment and shook her head resuming her smiling laughter. "I am...well I am human I suppose." She took a cup of tea and sipped it, welcoming the hot water coursing down her throat. Then taking a bite of the cake she let the next sip dissolve the flavors into her mouth. It was like heaven to taste something so absolutely flavorful again.

"Well then your definately an interesting human." Zarian slowly ate his slice of cake before sipping his tea and enjouying the company of the woman next to him.
"This is truely an interesting night."

"Well I should say I was human...or well no I mean I am I just...it's complicated." She shrugged and ate some more cake. Licking her lips to blear them of chocolate icing she took a quick gulp of her scalding tea. "In truth I didn't even realize I had done that. I haven't been around anyone else in sometime. It came on instinct I suppose." Her eyes looked up behind him the rest of the room.

"Now here's a thought. Have you got anything more... intoxicating to partake of?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom