Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Dreamer

Her eyes closed, a very faint smile cracking on her lips. "You would be the one to say something like this... during a time like this... in a place like this." Even though she said that, she pressed her face against his chest quietly.

Leanne sighed heavily, pursing her lips together. "I didn't really try to do anything to you... at least.. didn't try anything that I honestly would expect to work on you.."

Nathan- Whatever you did...its causing me so much confusion lately...not just now...not just earlier ago...but for the past encounters....what is this...I...This feeling confuses me...We're enemies yet...we're so close to one another...Annie...what is this feeling?

Leanne furrowed her brows in frustration. He was making it exceedingly harder for her to have the will to fight against him at this moment. She shook her head a few times against him before she spoke quietly. "You shouldn't... let it bother you too much.. a guy like you.. can't forget.. what he came here to do.." She pushed back against him slightly, avoiding to look at him for now.

She sighed, then looked up at him with a faint smile. "You beat me. For today anyway.."

Nathan- Last I checked you're the one on top, I think I lost.

He gently set her off of him before standing up to stretch. Still feeling empty without answered questions, he nodded to her.

Nathan- I...guess I'll come back another day. I don't think it'd be as fun if you don't come after me or if the guards...IF there are any left...don't stop me.

He smiled weakly to her before walking off back to The Den.

Leanne propped herself into a sitting position while she pushed some of her hair behind her ear. "I'm giving you a freebie, to go past me as you will and you don't even take it? You are a strange man Nathan.. It will be.. interesting to run into you.. even more."

"There! Look! Someone alive!" Some of the guards from the upper levels made it down to the lobby where the female sat. However, once they recognized her as a foe instead of a friend, they all quickly surrounded her and raised their guns.

She sighed and stood up slowly, glancing around at all of the guards surrounding her.

Nathan arrived at The Den shortly afterward. He sat down at the bar and ordered a heavy drink, which was unusual for him because Nathan hardly ever drank alcohol to begin with. When the drink came, Nathan began to down half of it all the while still trying to figure out what it was that he felt.

Nathan- She wasn't telling me something...what was that feeling I felt....it couldn't be...what I think it is.......could it?

An hour or so later, and the heavy footsteps of the petite female echoed around the near empty streets. There was a soft rain that kissed the wounds decorating her body. As she took each step, there was a slight limp that accompanied her. Her clothes were torn in a few places, blood staining the lining of her clothes.

Leanne eventually reached her small apartment, unlocking the door with her keys which she absently tossed to the side. She knocked the door behind her shut before she made her way into the apartment. Leanne didn't care to notice the trail of blood she was leaving toward her couch, or exactly how much of it she was losing. All that mattered was how absolutely exhausted she was, which, she believed, could be quickly remedied by a nap.

She collapsed onto her couch, curling up against it's surface before she drifted off into a state of unconsciousness.

The next morning...

A heavy fog was played out in the town this morning. It was thick, you couldn't see more than a few feet away and cars were even advised not to go out today. Nathan, still, left his place as he made way toward the HQ. The fog would play well for him as he approached, but noticed the front gate guards that were supposed to be there, weren't.

Nathan- Strange...

For once, Leanne wasn't out and about on a trek to stop Nathan from whatever it is he planned on doing that particular day. Deep into the morning she was still curled on her couch, which was now practically soaked in blood. Her breathing was partially uneven, and relatively faint in comparison to her average.

Leanne was known widely for her inhuman abilities to handle so many opponents at once. Much like Nathan, she could hold her own well. However, with all the guards that had given her.. problems the previous night, she didn't really manage to make it out with a few small cuts and bruises.

Soon Nathan grew annoyed. Nobody came out to even try and get him. He stood in the lantern light where all could see no matter how far away, but still none came.

Nathan- Where...is Annie?

Soon growing annoyed, he turned around and wanted to go find her. A trip to the embassy wasn't a trip without one of their fights. Remember from before when he had to carry her home after nearly killing her once, he followed the path to her apartment. He soon walked up to her door and knocked. The whole time, he felt a bit awkward and confused as to why he was doing this when he could just do what he sought to do.

She subconsciously recognized the sound of the door knocking, and shifted her body just a bit. Otherwise, it's all she could really manage to do. A small groan escaped her lips and she turned away from the door before she slipped out of consciousness again. Her hair was slightly matted by her blood, which managed to keep it away from her face from the most part. Leanne's lips parted just slightly, and she breathed slowly and quietly out of them.

Seeing no response, Nathan began to wonder where she had went. Though the smell of blood had reached his nose right as he turned to leave. He reacted immediately and began to lock-pick her door and open it. Upon opening it, the first thing he saw was Leanne in the shape she was in. Nathan looked shocked as he walked over and knelt down beside her.

Nathan- W-Who did this to you!?

The sound of his voice caused her to stir, turning her head slightly toward him. Leanne began to mumble under her breath in a slow response to him, "You know... Me." She attempted to wake herself up a bit more, thinking consciously that she already had plenty of sleep. However, it did no good in waking her up any more.

Nathan- What? I don't...I don't understand Annie...Annie? Cmon...oh shit...cmon stay with me Annie...don't go into the light!

He began to panic. He lightly shook her and talked to her, trying to keep her awake and not knowing what to do to help her.

Eventually, the female pulled herself into a stronger state of consciousness. She opened her eyes slowly to look at him. A confused expression crossed her face before she tilted her head. "What.. are you doing here..?" Leanne attempted to sit up, but only managed in furthering her level of dizziness. "Ow.." She laid herself back down. "My head."

Nathan's eye gleamed for a split second. He wondered if he could toy with her suddenly.

Nathan- You're still asleep Leanne...this is your dream world...though lately it seems you've been thinking a lot about me...wanna tell me why Annie?

He said as if blankly and not with a tone that pretty much said "Yes, confess it all to me."

Leanne mumbled sleepily, turning away from him just a bit. "I'm not sure exactly, why it is. Maybe it's..." Her voice trailed off for a moment before picking back up. "Jealousy.. or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.." Her black eyes shifted to look at him, half lidded from her sorry state of consciousness. "I like.. the idea of having.. what I shouldn't have.. what no one else has.. But that's not.. really it.."

Nathan- Yes...yes it seems thats not it...I feel the same way for you, have you not noticed how I acted in the real world? My confusion, my worry, my mercy toward you. You're feeling the same thing I did...Love. Love for my enemy, love for my rival, love for your soul.

"Maybe I am.." Leanne spoke quietly, staring quietly at her shaking hands. She closed her eyes for a few moments before they reopened again slowly. "You know... I really like when you call me Annie... No one has ever made up a... nickname for me before. They're all too afraid to."

Nathan smiled.

Nathan- Beauty can cause any unworthy people to fear. But I'm not scared of you...I'm going to take on the beautiful woman before me...my love.

He leaned in close to her face as his lips slowly placed themselves onto hers gently.

The warmth on her lips allowed her to wake up just a bit more. Once Leanne became more conscious, the pain of her wounds caused her to shudder against him in pain. Even though the pain was mildly unbearable, she still tilted her head against him slightly.

Nathan still played it off like it was all just a dream for her. He began to coo her and rub her cheek and temple gently, trying to get her to rest seeing as how she needed it.

Nathan- Go to sleep Annie...I'll be here...in reality when you wake up...just sleep.

She nodded her head against him a few times before she relaxed back against the couch. Her eyes closed once more, and Leanne slowly started to drift off to sleep. The blood on her and the couch already started to dry along with her wounds.

Nathan sighed seeing the terrible shape she was in. While she was asleep, he had went to grab a wash rag and for the next few hours, he carefully and gently cleaned her by dabbing her wounds and blood stains with wet cloth to clean her up entirely. He didn't like seeing her as wounded as she was, and when he was finished she was all cleaned up. He himself felt a bit tired too so he laid down on the opposite couch and waited for her to awaken.

Leanne awoke the next morning with a start. She quickly pushed herself up into a sitting position, examining her mostly closed wounds, which were now void of the dry blood that undoubtedly should have been crusted there. Her head spun, and she had to take a few moments to steady herself. "What hap-" Her thoughts paused, everything paused the moment that she noticed Nathan in her living room.

She slowly started to break out into a panic. How did he end up in her appartment? What happened to all the blood? What had happened to her? Too many questions filled her mind at once. She quickly reached around in her clothes, trying fruitlessly to find her gun. "Where is it.. where is it.. "

Back
Top Bottom