Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Up, Up, and Away! (Hat + Cahalith)

he looked at him and nodded when refuring to him as a cat "yes- we have to hide it most of the time" he tilted his head his hear "well till i came here." Rainy looked at Henry as he asked to join him bit his lip slightly his tail twitched he looked at Henry and his eyes met him staring "join me?" he was not sure what he ment by join. Did he mean in the undressing of onces self he looked away as he felt his cheeks get hot "if you would like." his tail flicked again as it curled around Rainy's body and touched Henry's leg- it was unintentional- he looked at him biting his lip
"do you like cats?"

it was an important question, it was who he was, and it would make sense why he called him adorable-- or was it a sick game. the kind people would play on him gaining his trust only to let him fall. He hated jumping when no one would catch him, and though Henry was friendly and seemed trustworthy they all did. Henry could just be playing a sick joke---he hoped not.

"I love cats." he said, slipping his arms out of the robe, but keeping it on under his waist. His torso was that of a swimmer's, lean, but slightly defined. "They feel more like individuals than a 'pet'. They give you love and affection out of a desire to, not from blind loyalty." he pet Rainy's hair some more, smiling. "You can trust me, Rainy. I'm not going to hurt you, and I certainly don't think you are bad luck."

Rainy looked at him and bit his lip his tail twitched again and looked watched him disrobe his arms out of curiousity. He scooted closer to him and lay his head on his chest and nuzzled slightly then pulled back a bit surprised by his own action again, he was happy to hear him say he liked cats and that they where not bad luck.

"I don't want to get hurt." he said very quietly just under his breath. He didn't mean to say it but it came out his ears fell slightly and again his tail twitched he looked up at him and said trying to change the subject "I hate dogs." making a face. "but puppies are okay-i guess." he shrugged slightly--

"why are you here. at a school like this? tell me about you?"

He smiled.
"My power is such that... well, it allows me to force people to do as I say. It is not easy to control, by any means." he said. In fact, this had been true. He had a terrible life as a teenager, as, when one told someone to 'fuck off and die', them actually doing so was a little... saddening. Only through years and years of training had he made it possible to control.

"But you needn't fear. I've learned to make it impossible to command someone to do something they will absolutely not do." he smiled, petting him as the boy nuzzled against his chest. "Doesn't it feel odd to wear pants with a tail?"

Rainy Nodded "I think that would be hard to handle." he said "I mean- everything you have to say you would have to make sure you truely meant it." He purred as he loosend up a little getting more comfortable with allowing himself to be well- himself. It was hard having to fake being a normal boy. Not many appreciated the gift of individuality.

Then suddenly he looked at him had he used it on him? no that was silly- as Henry spoke Rainy seemed to feel more comfortable again, he said he had a way to make it where people wouldn't do what they absolutely would not do. "no. my mother is an excellent seamstress. She made them so it wouldn't be too uncomfortable. " he told him "She even managed to make a pare that helped me hide my tail when we where in larger cities."

he Scooted closer again wanting him to keep petting his head. He liked the feeling- even if it was a bit impulsive.

He smiled, scratching him gently behind the ears. "I always did fall asleep easier with a cat in my lap." he said with a smile, closing his eyes. For some reason, he couldn't bring himself to use the Voice on the boy any further. It was just too... nasty? Evil? He mentally shrugged, relaxing with ease.

Rainy looked up at him purred closing his eyes slightly he felt his eyes grow tired, he had been traveling for a long time to get here- He had hardly the chance to sleep while avoiding, sudden and painful death. He felt very safe in Harry's room. He never felt safe any where before not even hidden away in his 'normal' teenagers clothing.

before he knew it he was drifting off to sleep his head grew heavy and landing in Harry's lap he nuzzled into the warmth and quickly found himself very asleep- purring gently in the peacefulness.

the boy- Rainy had gone through so much to get here, but yet he always seemed to have a smile on his face.

He smiled and fell asleep soon enough, grinning quietly. The high school and below didn't have classes for about a week, thanks to remodeling of the elevators and stairs pretty much making it hard for anyone but fliers to get to them.

Morning came about, and he managed to slip out from under the boy without waking him, leaving behind the robe. He shrugged and turned on the shower, stepping inside shortly.

Rainy awoke shortly after the warm spot he had grown found of left. Harry....He thought to himself as he stretched and saw the robe he looked alarmed- did he leave? did he go to class..did I sleep here all night? he looked around to find out what time it was.

morning. This was odd he heard the sound of a shower going and headed in the direction he stood out side the door "You have class today?" he asked through the door still drowsy. He leaned against the door.

"Nope! Don't have classes all quarter." he said. "You can come in if you'd like." he added simply. "Otherwise, the kitchen's open to you. You can leave whenever you like, Rainy, but I'd love to talk to you more."

Rainy yawned and put a hand on the door knob he wasn't thinking as he twisted it and was about to open it fully it clicked enough to make it seem as though he was about to walk in but quickly shut it. He looked at the handle for a moment- that was a silly thing to do. Harry was so comfortable with his body- Maybe he would eventually be okay with his own when he was Harry's age.

Rainy took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Its not like he was going to have anything he didn't have or seen before. I mean they where boy boys....and he knew what a penis looked like he walked in and put the lid to the toilet down so he could use it as a chair. he brought his legs up to his chest and sat there looking down, too shy to dare look at him. "Why are you here this quarter if you don't have classes?" He asked thinking that was quite strange.

He was about to look up at him to see what the answer would be but didn't want to see anything yet...Though he was comfortable with it Rainy was not yet comfortable with the attraction he felt towards males. he bit his lip and his tail flcked back and forth.

He smiled and chuckled. "It's normal to feel akward. Society has trained you to think the naked body is shameful." he began to shampoo his hair. "As for why I'm here?" he replied. "I don't have a home to go back to. Born and raised here in Avalon. It's not a bad place to grow up, really." he said, turning the water a bit higher.

The room was already very hot. He seemed to like his showers scalding.

Rainy felt the steam in the air it was thick and warm. very cozy but not quite as calming as a warm fire--He was surprised to hear that he was born in Avalon that looked over at him he felt his cheeks get warm "I-um." he looked down "really? born here. What a different life you must of had." He then wondered why he didn't have a home he wanted to ask but decided it might be a tender subject.

IN hopes to make conversation and keep it hopefully not too touchy of a subject "why do you like such hot showers?"

"They wake me up. Over the years, I've grown used to them. They don't really hurt anymore." he said. "And really, the only difference is how it's so vertical. And... the people here. You don't see many people flying around out there." he chuckled. "And skirts are definitely not in fashion. It was a great childhood, honestly."

He turned off the shower and smiled. "I'll share a secret with you. When I was a little younger than you, about ten or eleven... I really liked to go out at night and undress in the plaza, then go home after hiding my clothes. It was such a thrill to me."

Rainy didn't understand wanting to do anything that cause him any kind of pain. He of course only knew pain from the cruel. He smiled suddenly remembering how his mother would get upset when he would move so close to the fire he would nearly signage his fur.

His eyes grew wide as he turned off the shower and told him about streaking "really? You are much braver than I am." he yawned and stretched realizing he was still shirtless "I have always viewed my body as something i would only want to really share with some one specail..." he trailed of slightly thinking about it and not knowing if he would ever find some one he wanted to be that close to...

"What about it made it thrilling?" he asked curious.

"The risk, the... boldness. Betraying the rules. The strange new feeling in a familiar place." he said. "It's not that brave. I'm sure you could do it, were you so inclined." he chuckled. "Everything's worth trying once, right?" he asked, grabbing a towel and drying his hair.

As Harry stepped out of the shower Rainy caught himself looking and in which he quickly looked away- the older boy was very attractive and it unnerved him to think that--hopefully hew wasn't a mind reader too. he turend around as seemed to focus on something really intently as to not see like he was reluctantly looking away. "Well yes, you can't fully live with out having experinces many things weather you are comfortable or uncomfortable each experience brings a lesson."

Expecting by now the towl to be wrapped around him he turned and looked up at him "I don't know- thought I want to experiences as much as I can and live not just exist i don't know if being naked is something that will actually make me live." he blushed "But every one has their own comfort and I mean we- you- um- I don't mind- i mean well, you are welcome to live your life how every you wish>" he blushed he didn't mean for it to sound at all like that.

"Tell you what: You can try it here, in the safety of my home, with only me to worry about. If you end up enjoying it, I'll help you out with that. How's that sound?" he asked, drying his body. He wasn't oblivious to the boy's akwardness, but it was fun to watch.

He shifted and his tail went to wrap around him brushing the older boy "sorry." he grabed his tail as it twitched- "it seems to have a mind of its own." he he looked down "I need to get to my dorm room to take a shower." he didn't like showers he liked baths but baths where more fun while showers some times felt like he was caught in a rain strom he didn't want to be in.

He stood up and stretched still keeping his eyes averted from Harry. Rainy sighed-he kind wondered what it would be like, but he wasn't sure what Harry would make of the bruises. During his travels here Rainy had come in contact with some very hell bent people- people who wanted him dead they only got his legs because Rainy was abnormally quick and could dart away. they had a trap though he hadn't noticed it was there and it closed on his legs--he ownly escaped by using his ability. Nine lives he was down to 6.

He smiled softy happy he had that ability to survive but there was something upsetting him it only showed in his eyes. He looked up at Harry and laughed out of awkwardness- the look left him quickly. He was never down in the dumps for too long. it just wasn't who he was.

He nodded. "Feel free to come by any time." he said, smiling as he put on his bathrobe. "I understand these things will take some time to build. Trust, like Rome, is not built in a day. I trust you a great deal, Rainy, and I'd love to demonstrate that. Tonight, for the first time in years, I'll do the old run to the plaza... but this time it'll be a little different. Come by later tonight or earlier." he said, ruffling the boy's hair gently. "I'm going to show you just how much I trust you."

Rainy looked up at him and when the bathrobe was on him and smiled tilting his head to one side and an ear falling to another side "I will thank you." Harry seemed to understand more then Rainy could ever hope some one could- trust though Rainy was trusting he was a bit skittish and fearful due to past treatment.

He was surprised to hear that he was trusted by Harry, "you haven't done that for years." he wondered why, but didn't ask and how could that demonstrate trust, he was curious, "I will- I do enjoy being around you- Something about you I don't know." he shruged his shoulders and stood he headed for the bathroom door he walked lightly placing a hand on the handle, then turned his head to look back "I will be back." as if comferming to Harry that what he said was true.

After getting back to his dorm room he headed strait for the shower he turned the water on letting it warm striping he climbed in and let the water pelt his skin. It felt oddly nice for once. He shut his eyes and purred. After Shampooing his hair and cleaning his body - he rinsed and climbed out. toweling off. He looked around- it was quite here, the boys his age must of already made friends and went to hang out. Rainy never got along with boys his age, they found him too naive, and he got frustrated with how they treated him because of it. It became a game at times to see who could make him squirm most. Cruel as it was he sometimes found it oddly intriguing in his discomfort like this was this big mystery he had to figure out hidden in their cryptic language.

He wrapped the towel around him and walked to his bed where his dresser was and rooted for some clothing. A pair of pants and shirts owned by his brother nothing new to him, save for they no longer smelt like his brother. He missed that scent it made him feel safe. Protected. His brother and him where very close and he loved him very much. When he died in away a part of Rainy died too. He pushed the sad feeling aside and slipped into his clothing.

laying down on his bed for a while he wondered quick quickly what Harry was doing...he did say to come by later, or eariier....the thought crossed his mind to go see what his friend was doing and with out much more thought put into it he was again up and heading to The older boy's room.

Harry was preparing himself, mentally. He hadn't done it in so long because he'd once been caught. So he had to think long and hard about his route. Not to mention that he'd be doing things differently this time, or rather, in reverse order. He'd be undressing here and then getting dressed in the Plaza.

He laid back on the bed, closing his eyes, thinking about the boy. Someone like that, outcast for so long, robbed of family... he sighed.
Maybe that's why he did what he did? Hop from person to person, leaving shattered hearts in his wake. He wanted to find someone who would actually trust him... and in return, someone he could trust as well. So often he had been betrayed, and so often he had done the same.

Few people in the school liked him any more or treated him with respect. He wondered what was worse, the flagrant, obvious bullying of a child, or the cold, seething apathy of an adult? It didn't much matter, he supposed, laying in blue jeans and a white tee.

It hurt all the same.

Rainy walked softly up to Harry's room to rap lightly on the door, his hair still damp from the shower he waited seeming quite calm and relaxed- though he was afraid of getting hurt there was a part of him that wanted to open up to be welcoming of some one else, let some one in his life. He hated the loneliness.

He put a smile on as he waited for the door to open to a new possibility- a friend.

The door opened and Harry smiled wide, his hand sliding around the boy's shoulders and pulling him gently inside. "You know, Rainy, I was just thinking about you." he said with a grin. "You're here early. Would you like something to eat? I'm no chef or anything, but I can make an alright lunch, if you'd like."

Rainy's own smile brightened a bit when he saw the wide smile on the older boys face--it made him very happy when he saw a smile, he always thought that laughter made the best music and a smile was close to a laugh. He allowed himself to be guided into Harry's room- it was easy even if he hadn't wanted to go, it would have been hard for Rainy to resist he wasn't very strong--He was more quick and nimble. "where you? I had fun talking with you, and I told you I would be back." he grinned slightly and his tail flicked slightly.

"If you are going to eat I will eat." he told him--Rainy LOVED food, it was one of those simple pleasures in life kind of like the feeling of his head being scratched he tilted his head and looked up at him he was dressed differently this time jeans and t-shirt--He was curious for some one who seemed to enjoy having no clothing on would be waring clothing specaily something as restricting as jeans. he did an odd little hop to the left when he saw something interesting and walked over to it- he was an odd boy, it seemed despite all the rough things that he had experince through life he had so much joy and wonder for the future.

Back
Top Bottom