Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Autumn Fade (DrakeRaids and HeartSummers)

DrakeCaven

Meteorite
And the little Wild Thing said: “I want to have a soul.”
Then the Oldest of the Wild Things said: “I have no soul to give you;
but if you got a soul, one day you would die, and if you knew
the meaning of music you would learn the meaning of sorrow, and it is
better to be a Wild Thing and never die.”
—Lord Dunsany, “The Kith of the Elf-Folk”

The entire night was a blur of excitement and uncertainty; people dashing for corner to corner, laughter spilling everywhere like water from a broken glass. Perhaps it was their exuberant revelry that blinded them to the creature that stalked in their midst. Mayhaps they mistook him, in his brilliant colors of orange and yellow, thinking the claws, he's strange ears and eyes nothing more than orientation. It was a common folly, a carefully ingrained belief fostered by the Fair Folk who did their deeds and made their oaths under the eyes of thousands who never even blinked.

But let’s pretend, if only for a moment, that someone did pay attention. they stared in horror and watched him stalk with the unmistakable quality of a hunting predator, a grace common among the great cats and hawks. He smile, and laughed, grace every mortal he passed with a slight touch as empty eyes scanned over them one by one, and found them wanting. He had the patience of centuries though, and eventually he found what he sought. A woman, perhaps drunk on life, or maybe something slightly more potent, but she would do regardless. He had no need of her sensibilities, only her word.

Two rings, made of wood and twine rolled about in his palm as he smiled at her with the warmth of a dry fall day.

"You should be careful dear,” he said after bumping into her slightly, his voice vibrating with the crashing sound of a falling tree, “there are dangerous things about tonight.”

(And a Pic for your pleasure.)

Her cares were gone on this hallows night, her eyes flashing amongst her friends. Wild colors and costumes embracing her while her own slaves costume hung from her shoulders. Stretching down to the floor while she drank the special cider. She hadn't had enough for it to effect her, only enough to let her stress filled life go and allow the young girl to relax for once. Stepping backwards her body hit into a solid form she turned with a joyful smile. Seeing the exotic costume she couldn't help but laugh a little out of embarrassment and touch the mans shoulder. "My apologies.....I..you have a wonderful costume," she smiled to him.

Turning back around she continued her conversation with her friends before turning to him again. She touched his shoulder again leaning forwards while looking to the others. "I have a question for you?...Now if you had to pick a Halloween game, which game would you choose?" she asked politely. She felt strange around this man but she passed it off as the cider. Waiting to see what his answer would be.

((And your Pic ))

He smiled back as she apologized quickly and scurried back to her mortal counterparts, he's eyes tracking with a reserved intensity. Fascinating. The laughter, the joy, he was drawn to it like a moth to the flame, watching the people curiously, closely. Would he ever understand? Stranger things had happened. That was why he was here after all.

And so he mused behind a genial exterior, playing the part of another party goer until, at last, she returned. He knew she would.

"A game?" His eyes danced as if laughing at some private joke, "Why... Where I come from we have an old game we sometimes Cliste Baois." He spoke the words in an odd way that carried weight, and while no one spared them a second look the entire crowd seemed to ripple slightly. "They say, if you do it right, it calls up a monster of some sort. A Goblin, or a fae hound, things that walk the streets on nights like these. Not that anyone has seen that happen in decades."

Listening to his game she smiles at him moving closer with an excited face. "Ooo, I want to play, I bet I could raise something," she mocks. Moving closer she looks at the man with a smile on her face. Not believing anything that he was saying but deciding to go along with it because she was here for fun and stress relieve.

"So tell me how do you play this little game of yours?" She smiled to him looking over his body with a liking. She smiled at her friends while they crowded around to see what she was going to do. Knowing that she never did these kinds of thing because she didn't believe in them.

"Your hand."

His tone held an unexpected chill now, like the sound a cold wind makes blowing through a bough of dead leaves. He held out his own hand expectantly, eyes locking with hers as the world seemed to dissolve around them. No, that wasn't the right word; it was more like a cloudy mist was gathering around the edges of her mind, making it hard for her to focus on anything else around them....

She smiled at him as she gave him her hand willingly, her body seeming oddly more calmed and focused than before. Looking to his eyes she found herself searching them for something that she didn't quite understand, his presence seeming to overwhelm her. Forcing her eyes down she watched him take her hand her mind contemplating what he would do, or how this game would be played. It wasn't long until the sound of both her friends and the music drifted away from her. Only reveling him and his movements which she watched without a distraction.

Back
Top Bottom