Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~ яαgиαяσк ~ [[ Aeris & Jugger82 ]]

RE: ~ Ragnarok ~ [[ Aeris & Jugger82 ]]

The stench of rotten corpses and burning flesh plagued her senses. Bewildered cries followed by desperate shouts, metal bracing metal, blood staining the ground a bright crimson red. The sky was murky, filled with ominous black clouds that blotted the sunlight. A dark burgundy texture painted the horizon’s pallet. Sparks of luminous fire were created by the dry funeral pyres, the ends of their tails trailing distantly behind them. A path of gnarled devastation and debris lay in waste. Nothing was sacred enough to be left kempt. Her brows furrowed, a hand moving to her crested steel helmet to straighten it over her head.

The grip on her golden spear tightened, the chains dangling from its shaft clinking against each other, rustling up the slightest of sounds. She kneeled down gracefully and her smeared hand over the burnt soil, feeling the hurt in the earth’s core. Her head solemnly rose, feeling the vibrations of a thunderous collection of footsteps. All around her was fire and Death, brimstone hailing from the parted sky. A slight breeze blew her beautifully flowing golden locks, her body rising so that her back was facing it. The Valkyrie saw hundreds upon thousands of giants suddenly emerge from the apex of a large hill, beginning their descent down until they would ultimately reach her. She closed her eyes…

~~

“Do you see now, Aeris? This is the fate of your world; this is the fate of our world. In the end, this will be our shared doom. It was foretold eons before I even existed that this event would inevitable – nothing can stop this certain future.” A boisterously loud sound awoke her from the trance of sleep. It continued with its lecture, its voice a deep, cold baritone. “All that we can do is pray for a swift end, and die with honor. Do not attempt to defy Fate; she has already determined the outcome of the End of Days. She has even told me of your end, of my end, of all of our ends.” As morbid and depressing as he sounded, he was right. It had been predestined that on Ragnarok, Armageddon, the forces of Light would finally be vanquished, leaving only Darkness.

Her eyes slowly opened, her brilliant cerulean blue gaze peering directly at the charcoal black raven perched in front of her on a nimble branch. She was back in the bird’s room, the vision of the future vanishing like smoke whisked away in the air. Her plush red lips parted as if she was beginning to speak. “… Is there truly no other way…?” she asked sweetly, her tender voice sounding like a rapturous chorus to the ears. “Is there nothing we can do to stop this? Even if we fight valiantly, we will all… die?”

The Valkyrie shield-maiden tipped her headgear to the side, flexing her right cheek while anxiously awaiting the raven’s answer. Being the brazen fighter that she was, accepting Death wasn’t an easy task for her. “I won’t accept Fate’s decision until she has come to greet me on her own two feet. I do not fear the omens and the premonitions the gods have of war, you know this. If it is my destiny to die in this upcoming battle, then I would rather do so by combating the Darkness than cowering in fear.”

Aeris was one of the last Valkyrie in the dying land of Asperitas. She was a demi-goddess, seeing as both her mother and her father were deities of the Pantheon. As a shield-maiden, her job was to ensure that the troops remained calm, rallied, and virtuous during a battle. She wasn’t merely another pretty face, though her gorgeousness was beyond that of any mere mortal.

For countless ages, the spawn of men, elves, giants, dragons, and hundreds of other fantastical beings lived in a harmonious rhapsody, none challenging the other’s existence to live. The Gods of the Pantheon maintained a watchful eye over these creatures, though with time, a new seed of dark offspring rose. Of them was the Goddess of the Underworld and Death, Lilith. She hid her strength, posing as nothing but a mere Ferrier of deceased souls to the Land of the Dead, Nifleheim. However, trickery and debauchery proved to be her greatest weapon. The child of Darkness persuaded the giants and demons to turn on their peaceful neighbors, the humans, in the beginning of the First Great War. It resulted in a bitter lasting feud between the two, still lasting to this day.

For such a long time, Lilith hoped to one day achieve her goal of spreading Chaos to all the reaches of Asperitas. By the time she had become strong enough for the Gods to take notice, it was too late. She was vastly superior to any of them in strength, and a mere Pantheon could stop her no longer. Wars drew out for centuries at a time, the forces of Light combating the forces of Darkness, neither side growing stronger than the next.

But Fate had plans of its own. In the final battle, the ultimate conflict known as Ragnarok, the victor would be the Lilith. It was predetermined, predestined, and undisputable. Grief and sorrow struck the mortals, knowing that they would perish regardless of how much of a fight they gave. It was the reason why Aeris had come to S’ven the Wise, a raven of knowledge, to humbly seek information regarding another possible outcome.

There was none.

The bird chortled, shaking its head side to side. “Child… even now, when you are faced with an impossible task, you are stubborn enough to foolishly disobey my counsel and try to create a future on your own. You must understand, Aeris, that you cannot control your own Fate. Though you pull and tug and run as you want, your Fate will ultimately pull you with it.” The raven shook its body, feathers falling elegantly from its side. “The day of reckoning is but a mere month away. Steel yourself and your soldiers in body and mind, for if you truly mean to do battle against this unstoppable force, you must be prepared to lose everything of value to you.” The avian creature remained completely still, eyeing her with its beady black eyes.

“I… I understand, S’ven. Thank you for your time.” Aeris bowed graciously and left the raven’s residence, opening the silk-thread tent’s entrance with both her hands. She looked at the sun, just as it started its rise into the sky. A hue of bright pink and royal orange struck the ground with a magnificent reflection, causing everything in the landscape to resemble the two colors. Aeris took a deep breath in, her large, exposed chest filling with air, and then sharply exhaled.

“I never thought I'd live to see this... Ragnarok.” She chuckled, tapping her fingers gently against the smooth surface of her chin. “Heh, I suppose my mind was elsewhere, telling myself that I’d be living a peaceful life. How silly of me…” Her half-open eyes morosely stared off into the distant horizon, holding her slender arms tightly. She sauntered over the edge of the sediment cliff, her eyes scouting the land beneath her. On the rugged, outcropped terrain was a bastion legion of men, elves, and other races that opposed the ever-growing Darkness. It stretched further and wider than she could comprehend, let alone see. It was the largest gathering in Asperitas, but it was for good reason. They knew what was at stake. Everyone would fight to the last breath... or else the world would surely fall.

The elements, the beings, the sun, the moon, the stars, the skies, the earth, the seas, day, night... Life, Death - they would all have a part to play in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't given the namesake 'End of the World' for no reason. Ragnarok would destroy all Light on Asperitas, and eventually, the Darkness itself would fade into oblivion. "What is the purpose of all this? Who does it benefit? When will it all end? What is the cause?" she pondered, her mind trailing in circles. Perhaps there wasn't meant to be an answer to any of her questions. Chaos drove all of this to occur, and it had no motives or confines, it merely sufficed to exist and spread. She chuckled, running a hand through her sleek hair. "I suppose I should stop being so apprehensive of the future when it's already determined for me." She spread her magnificent, feathery wings, feeling the warmth of the sun beam down on them.

"Fate... is there truly no way to sway you? Are you so determinate that not even the will or mettle of the greatest of men can change you?" She closed her eyes once more, feeling the cool breeze...

And with that, she let her body fall freely over the cliff, her wings spread, and soared across the sky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently in: Valkyrie Form

(Ok sorry for the long wait but I am busy on the weekdays usually in the mornings until evenings.)

Ichiro was standing atop a mountain side with his army of demons behind him. All and each were itching to attack the weak human settlement below them. Though it was against Lillith's orders, Ichiro always loved to slaughter humans, though with things drawing closer to Ragnarok, he couldn't let himself die from the army of good suddenly appearing to attack him. He took his own, personal army and headed down the mountain slowly as his army rushed ahead.

Their blood screeching roars were heard miles away as they stormed the town and began to attack its citizens, who were putting up a small defensive effort. They managed to keep the demons at bay but the demons weren't even trying until the army of good would interfere.

Ichiro finally arrived in town and decided to go where his army had already struck to kill any survivors thinking they had hope. Ichiro could sense any forms of life and he found one, a boy hiding in a house.

Nathan was hiding in his house, his room mates all slaughtered as they tried to run away while Nathan cowered. When he got out to inspect, Ichiro was waiting for him and pushed him into a corner as he kept his hand on Nathan's neck.

Ichiro- Tell me...how do you want to die?

Nathan stared in fear and cried out for help.

She loved the sensation of gliding so freely through the air. Her wings were spread wide along her bare, arched back, her hands staid along the sides of her waist. The Valkyrie resembled an angel in appearance, her very presence radiating with a heavenly aura. She closed her eyes and breathed in the untainted air, then exhaled blissfully. Suddenly, something soft brushed against her body... what could have been up this high? She looked curiously to her right and saw a flock of snow white geese flying steadily next to her, all of them starting to honk boisterously loud. Aeris giggled with delight, her vibrant blue eyes staring at the birds carefully. Wind blew her flowing blonde locks away from her face when she turned her head. Her plush lips quickly stretched to form an adorable smile. "Honk, honk!" she imitated playfully, corkscrewing through the air until she returned back to a straight flight pattern. Even though she was a warrior demi-goddess, she had emotions and feelings - she wasn't completely devoid of life.

Aeris was conceived fully mature on the day of her birth. The past eighteen years did nothing to her appearance, nor her personality. Being an offspring of the Gods, she didn't go through an infant or toddler stage, she jumped straight to blossoming adulthood. She was a coveted woman by all kinds of men, but one that was completely forbidden in all aspects. Daughter of the Pantheon, shield-maiden of warriors, hero of Ragnarok, she was the forbidden fruit that Eve so desired in Eden. She was off-limits to anyone she did not give consent to. Naturally, the Valkyrie fell in love when she was younger; when she was naive. Ever since her first relationship ended with the untimely death of her partner, however, she secluded herself from any sort of overbearing physical or emotional attachment. It was just the way she was.

Her gaze trailed to the tattered earth underneath her, coated with lush foliage and thick greenery. The forests looked healthy as usual, no visible sign of anything wrong with them. The Valkyrie examined the dim horizon, something quickly catching her immediate attention. She put a hand over her forehead and peered with her squinted eyes... was that a fire? She frowned. "I can't believe they lit a fire in the forest. You'd think they were smarter than to do something like... Her train of thought was abruptly interrupted by a huge explosion, followed by a bellowing chant of thunderous roars. Her eyes widened, the back of her spine tingling. The dusty column of pitch black smoke rising to the sky became a disturbingly ill omen. Her wings flew her across the open sky as quickly as possible, her brows furrowed with fright. "Damn it... I should have seen this coming. It was already too late. The rising smoke continued without stop, a clear blotch of blackness tainting the once clear sky.

She pressed her arms to the sides of her body and sped downwards, moving so quickly that she caused the trees to shake and recoil. She hovered just above the ground, sweeping down in a flurry of rage and passion. Drawing her golden spear, she quickly engaged in combat, cutting down dozens of demons before they could continue on their rampage. She landed on the ground, her metal greaves clinking with a thud. Aeris pulled down her helmet, viciously plummeting the butt of her weapon against the ground. The shock-wave she created shook the foundations of the earth, nearly toppling buildings and mountains over. She took this time to quickly eliminate as many foul creatures as she could. The swung the tip of her spear, slicing the throats of two dark-bodied fiends. Her next swing cleaved one of the monsters in half, and she followed with a quick stab that impaled another demon in the chest. This wasn't just another scouting party - this was an actual army. She quickly reached for a ram's horn fastened to her waist, blowing it like a conch with her puffed cheeks. "It's about time I showed you the order of things," she muttered bitterly, her cold blue eyes showing no emotion.

Two creatures charged at her with killing intent. One clawed at her chest with an uppercut, the other aiming for her torso with a swipe. She easily side-stepped the swing, rebutting the other attack with the side of her poled spear. Her face was so calm... so relaxed. She had been in battle a countless number of times - nothing surprised her anymore. Aeris smashed one of the demon's faces in with the end of her weapon, kicking the other one in the side to stun it before bringing her blade down on its head. Black ichor spewed from the gaping wound, the body immediately falling limp. She pressed the boot of her foot against the monster's scalp to dislodge her axe-head. Her mercy for her enemies was nonexistent.

She suddenly noticed how there were hardly any survivors. Instead, piles of human corpses were thrown into the street, their lifeless faces expressing their last, final emotion before death. Fear, terror, grief... She felt something twinge in her chest, but not for long. They didn't spare a single soul. Not a child, man, or woman survived the slaughter.

This was Ragnarok - in all its horror.

Then, a shrill, desperate cry reached her ears.

Aeris immediately flew to the direction of the noise, bursting through a glass window. Her feet skidded against the wooden floor. She saw a humanoid with a crimson red scarf, fancy blonde hair, deep red eyes, two blunt horns, a black kimono-esque shirt that revealed his muscular chest plastered with fancy white designs, and a skull around his belt. She quickly pushed him away with a forceful shove, drawing her weapon and planting it in front of the boy she was protecting. "So this is how Lilith wins her fights, by sending her underlings to do her dirty work? I truly thought the 'Spawn of Death' would have more audacity than this."

She removed her helmet, allowing her hair to flow freely to her waist. The Valkyrie looked behind her, her wings spread over the boy's body so that he couldn't be harmed. She curved her brows toward one another, looking at him intently with the utmost care. "Are you alright...?" she asked softly, her voice far less indignant than earlier. "Please, stand behind me. I will protect you." She smiled half-heartedly, trying to reassure his faith. "I promise."

Nathan watched in surprise as the demon boy was easily shoved off through Nathan's house. He looked as the girl with long beautiful blond hair spoke to him. Trusting her, he stayed behind but gripped a blunt chunk of wood that came from the house when the boy broke through it to attack him.

Ichiro growled as he walked through the hole he was sent through. Glaring at Aeris, he chuckled at her words.

Ichiro- Ha, this isn't the work of Lillith you cur. This is the work of Ichiro Hatake, Lillith's right hand man and your executioner.

He smirked as his claws grew longer to the size of swords, adding up to be 10 'sword' on him as he rushed toward Aeris attempting to strike. Seeing him come, Nathan bent down and cowered but he stayed behind Aeris and kept a grip on the wood he picked up.

His words sank deep into her chest. Aeris narrowed her sharp gaze on his figure, gnashing her teeth and tightening her hands into clenched fists. "A cur, you said? Who was it that taught you the word without its meaning? You defile my land and have the cheek to berate me, to call me a cur? I don't think you even have any sense of what a cur is, let alone enough intellect to use it correctly. What are you, the runt of the litter? Do you pretend to say this is your work to fuel your self-worth? Or does Lilith tell every bastard-child of hers that they are her 'right hand man' to make them feel good of themselves? Are you really that pathetic? Go back to suckle on your mother's breast, demon. You don't belong in a war like this." Her fiery passion for righteousness often sounded indignant, going so far as overly convoluted. Nevertheless, the Valkyrie had a strong sense of justice that she upheld and defended.

Instantly pressing the soles of her feet against the wood-coated floor, she intercepted him half-way with the side of her spear's long handle. She grunted, her bent knees unfaltering. Pushing back roughly, she relinquished the clashing of their weapons, quickly taking a step back to distance herself from his position. She stared intently at him, her breathing calm and relaxed. Ichiro Hatake, she hadn't heard that name before. It sounded foreign to her - perhaps he was from the far East. The man was beguilingly charming, though she wouldn't hesitate to smash that pretty face of his in with her gauntlets. "My executioner? My, you have such a large hubris - I hope that isn't just talk."

She unsheathed a silver-edged short-sword from her back, holding her spear firmly in the other hand. Aeris sprinted at him with her dual-wielded weapons, her spear aiming for his waist. With her adroitly handled sword she attempted to sever his windpipe with a clean cut over the jugular. Her attacks were swift in succession and accurate in precision, her movements graceful and deadly. The normal human eye couldn't even map the movement of her speed. She was the silhouette of an image at one moment, and then a real, feasible mass at the next. Her lustrous slate eyes stared into Ichiro's cold crimson reds, her emotions kept checked. "I haven't the time for playing with children, you see. Just hurry up and die." She sliced both weapons in an X across his chest, trying to cut him into pieces.

Ichiro didn't get angry at the taunts he made about how he used "cur" wrong and anything after that. He merely chuckled thinking this would be all the more better when he would kill this stuck up pathetic excuse of a good guy. As she attacked, he easily dodged each attack with fluid movements. He moved only inches each dodged except for a few when he couldn't think of a way to. When she tried to slash the X mark across his chest, he blocked both her weapons with the swords on his fingers, entangling them and leaving his other hand wide open.

Ichiro- If I strike you now I can easily cut you open. Perhaps I can disect you and turn you into a brainless minion of Lillith, though I doubt I have to do anything for the brainless part haha.

Seeing her in trouble, Nathan got up and hesitantly walked over before stealthily bashing Ichiro in the head with the wood. The shock caused Ichiro to let go of her weapons and fall over as he held his head. For some reason, it actually did something. Ichiro was now crying in pain as his head bled, unusual for one of Lillith's offspring to fall to such a wimpy weapon.

At the moment of her crossed slice, she felt both her weapons caught by his iron-clad fingers. She grunted sourly, struggling to free them from Ichiro's vice-grip. Then, she suddenly felt her weapons release. She nearly fell on her back from the abrupt recoil, stumbling to stand on both her soles. She blinked curiously, wondering what could have made her opponent suddenly break down wailing. The Valkyrie let out a soft, "Hmph," from her ruby lips and slowly approached him, sheathing her silver-bladed sword. She grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him in the air, slamming his back against the wall with her face mere inches from his.

"Your name is Ichiro Hatake, yes? What is your purpose? Why have you come here?" she demanded bluntly. Clearly she wasn't much of a negotiator, or a politician for that matter. She threatened him with another press against the splintered wood wall, applying more pressure to his throat. Her fingers delicately curled around his jugular, squeezing tighter as she watched him intently. She had little room for mercy anymore, it'd probably be best if she crushed his wind-pipe now and ended it. She concentrated...

But Aeris couldn't do it. Even though she was cold to her enemy, she wasn't a mindless killer. Well, at least not most of the time. When her opponent showed worth or sentimental emotions, she often pitied them. She merely knocked the back of his head against the tapestry once more and turned her attention strictly to Nathan. The boy had an uncanny aura around him that felt... stronger than a normal human's. She shrugged the thought and asked him, "Hey... are you alright? You aren't hurt, are you?" She freed her hold on Ichiro's neck and quietly walked next to Nathan, her brows curved with worry. She taller than him, which was somewhat odd. She wasn't used to talking down to males, since most of the Einherjar dwarfed her shapely body. She leaned forward with both hands on her knees, cocking her head to the left with intrigue. She carefully scanned his features, this was a human, right? She always got humans, elves, and dwarves confused - the three looked so similar. "I'm deeply sorry for everything that's happened to you and your village... there's nothing I can do to return things to the way they were. However, your people are in a better place, where there is no fear of expiration or pain that plagues them." She tried to cheer him up, but saw that he was visibly shaken by the recent events. She didn't blame him - she'd be traumatized too.

"You are a human, yes? What is your name?" Aeris gave another cheeky grin, removing her intimidating helmet as her aquamarine irises glimmered in the sunlight. She was remarkably stunning. Her body was built, but not muscled. She had tone over necessary parts, but kept an overall slender figure. Her skin was pale and smooth, immaculate to perfection. Her lips were as red as bleeding sunset, as red as a rose. She had an hourglass body and shapely, defined hips. Her waist was tiny, her revealing armor showed off her thighs, cleavage, and navel. The black loincloth covering her lower nether regions was barely fitting, though it still did its job covering up what needed to be hidden. Aeris' hair was a long, flowing blonde mane, curls around the tips and a long single braid running down the right side of her face. Her chest was large, the tops her breasts entirely exposed. Her defined facial features that resembled a Greek statue in prowess - amazing. She was truly a demi-goddess in appearance, the perfect staple of what a deity should have looked like.

As she patiently awaited her response, she ignored the dark black haze began clustering in the corner of the room, forming the silhouette of a solid woman's body. There was an icy cold breeze that surrounded the room, causing her to immediately take notice. Aeris watched awestruck as Lilith, the Spawn of Death herself, materialized from nothingness. The demoness exhaled sharply, which sounded like the hissing of a snake. Her breath was Death, the mere presence of her figure daunting the courage in men's hearts.

Lilith's lucid, half-open eyes gazed at the Valkyrie, her black lips pursing. She inhaled and slowly began speaking, a dark, echoing reverb coating her voice in duality. "Aeris... I thought you'd be here. I felt a thorn in my side as soon as you laid a hand on my Ichiro." She looked at the demon and frowned unhappily. "I do not believe I ordered you to attack. In fact, I told you to do the exact opposite." The witch craftily stroked her long fingernails against the smooth surface of his cheek, smirking crudely after. "What should your punishment be, do you think? Should I be merciful to you? Or should I exact a just reconciliation for deliberately disobeying my command?" She pondered solemnly, though was brashly interrupted by a brazen Aeris.

"Lilith... I thought you'd show up as well, guarding your swine, your filth. You truly have no control over your weak subordinates. Perhaps next time, try to send one that has actual promise, rather than trash like this." She eyed Ichiro for one split second, her eyes fueled with hate and killer desire.

"Ahaha... I suppose that S'ven has done nothing for that large mouth and huge ego of yours, has he? You're just as pretentious and ignorant as before. Please, if you wish to address me as an equal, you must prove yourself to me." She formed a massive battle-ax in her right hand, holding it between her index and middle fingers like it was a twig. "Hm? What's the matter? Your mouth isn't moving as quickly as before..."

Aeris didn't need words anymore, she'd answer Lilith with solely her actions. She lifted her wings and quickly pushed Nathan behind her. "Stay back... I don't want you getting hurt over my battle. If I happen to fall... take this." She handed him a charm with odd runic carvings engraved in its sides. "Read the words inscribed on this if you find yourself in a dire situation, but only in a dire situation." She had nothing else to explain. With that, she launched herself at Lilith, driven on her impetuous fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Form: Valkyrie Form

Ichiro growled as his body laid limp on the ground when she bashed his head against the wood. He got on all fours but lifted a hand to hold his aching head. Behind him, the mist appeared that brought forth Lillith. Upon hearing her voice, Ichiro jumped and stood straight but backed into a corner. Seeing Lillith come over, he growled knowing he might be in for a world of pain as she talked to him and rubbed his cheek. He hated Lillith but he had no choice but to follow most of her orders.

Ichiro- Sorry...I'd rather not listen to the likes of you. Sitting around all day was quite boring, I thought I'd attack the humans to let me have some fun.

He looked at she brought forth her battle ax to the valkyrie and he glared at the human behind Aeris as she gave him the charm.

Ichiro- Lillith...watch out for that one behind the valkyrie...he's no ordinary human...

The bleeding had stopped but it was clear that his blond hair was stained by his blood where he was hit. Watching Aeris and Lillith fight, he decided to take advantage of this as he made a sudden dash for Nathan, who turned wide eyed as he saw Ichiro rushing toward him suddenly.

Back
Top Bottom