Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reanimator's Sci Fi Weekend Schedule

Dr Herbert West

Super-Earth
I'm doing a sci fi weekend and rather than lumping it all into my horror thread, I thought I'd do this.

Today,

Now Watching: Predators

Up Next:
  • The Incredible Hulk

I haven't decided what else I'm going to watch yet. Avatar is like a million hours long anyway so that should buy me time to decide lol

If you're watching from Netflix Instant I suggest the following:

Princess of Mars - It's not a very good film; but if you like the Sword and Planet of Edgar Rice Burroughs you can get some laughs out of this bad remake of one of his stories.
Dune - David Lynch, it's just a good film.
Day the Earth Stood Still - It needs no explanation as to why it should be watch, just do it.
Starship Troopers - Awesome satire of the book, would you like to learn more?
Aliens - Much superior work of Cameron.
Altered States - Has it's weak points; but I enjoyed it.
From Beyond - Campy film based on some Lovecraft elements.
Pandorum - An underrated film if ever there was one.
Moon - A little slow; but it does build some good drama.
District 9 - Good film.

I'm sure there's more; but those are the ones I've watched on instant that I've enjoyed the most.

Dune!!!! (I shall not fear...) I must watch this one today...I'll have to see if I can scrounge up my copy.

Starship Troopers really was like a parody of the book lol Great though.

Aliens, absolutely.

Brom Beyond is a fantastic suggestion.

District 9...hmmm i think I'll have to include it as well.

I've seen a good chunk of those! Dune was fantastic. Just was. Period. So was The Day The Earth Stood Still. Aliens... mmm... indeed a great one! Really, I only wasn't thrilled with the 4th installment. It was...meh...at best. I do want to see Pandorum. It intrigued me, but I never got around to seeing it. Hrmm... maybe I ought to.

As for scifi-ish films, I rec the following:
Equilibrium - it's a Kurt Wimmer flick so you'll either love it or hate, but hopefully love.
Riddick - yes, all encompassing since anything Riddick is a must watch in my opinion.
Gattaca - fucking awesome flick and I love that the title is a play on the building blocks of genetics... AGTC!
Ultra Violet - another Kurt Wimmer, but hell. It's got Milla Jovovich. And you see her bare ass. WATCH IT just for that if you aren't a Wimmer fan.
Total Recall - an Ah-nold great and very old school. Still love it to this day and don't care what anyone says about that.

There are others that I know are escaping me at present. But still and all. That's a good list. hehe. Then again, I'm biased. XD

Pitch Black is better then Chronicles of Riddick, Ultra Violent was just poorly done; but the rest are amazing.

If you can find it the old Aeon Flux shorts are interesting too.

>.<
Yes, I love them all. But for a few, if I was a movie critic, the rating wouldn't necessarily be that outstanding. However, there's a difference between critical review and what you love purely for entertainment purposes. lol.

I agree that Pitch Black is better. But, I have a soft spot for all things Riddick. As for Ultra Violet. Yes, it was pretty to watch in more ways the one, the plot was relatively lackluster... but shit! I still loved it! XD

Exactly! This is true... though, I think Equilibrium is an exception here. For the most part. Then, it could be that Christian Bale played the lead..... >.> *ahem* lol.

Final list...
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Dune
  • Metropolis
  • The Fly
  • The Fly II
  • Dark City
  • Gattaca

It's not flawless but made for an entertaining weekened none the less. You better believe I'm already planning for this weekend.

haha Gotta love it.

Man, what's that guys name?

He played the fly in the sequel but then went on to play a heroin dealer in Pulp Fiction and later an angel in The Prophecy....

He actually isn't horrible in the movie and went on to have a pretty awesome career. ERIC STOLTZ that's his name. He was originally cast as Marty McFly in Back to the Future but got the boot the minute Michael J Fox agreed to do the movie.

Ah The Matrix. Honestly, those movies had such potential. They really did. The first movie was fucking amazing. I think most people will agree with that. The Animatrix was also fantastic. Movie #2 was meh and #3.... disaster. I was so upset with how the story turned out. I didn't care that it didn't follow what I anticipated. That's fine so long as the story makes sense with the set up that's been created for it. But man..... it just freakin' fizzled. Seriously, I'd just love to rewrite the ending. I honestly think I could've done a better job.

Back
Top Bottom