Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dead Don't Cry (Skeith x Music_Is_Life)

"R...Reina." she murmured before she looked down. "Earlier...you were fighting with yourself, weren't you?" she asked softly as she gently grabbed the girl's hand before she started heading into the apartment. Once inside, Allyson removed her blazer and looked at the girl, "I want to be friends with you." she added before she pulled her arms into her chest and shivered slightly.

She seemed like a wreck right now. She was shaking, her hair was soaking wet and confusion could be seen in her eyes. "I'm sorry..." she almost whispered as she looked down letting her hair hide her face. "I probably should head home soon." she murmured, though her voice showed that she did not want to leave. She wanted to understand Reina as much as possible.

Reina remained silent as the girl spoke, it was still difficult for her to find words. Even just to acknowledge the other's voice. She turned away after a moment and collected a small blanket from a chair and returned to where the girl was standing, wrapping it around her shoulders.

She reached up and brushed the girl's bangs away from her face before searching her eyes, almost as if she expected to find the answers she was looking for. Why was she so determined to be friends? Why did she still trust her? She knew what she had done. It didn't make any sense. "You... You don't have to go..." She said quietly.

Having the blanket around her shoulders was comforting, "Thank you." she murmured softly before she felt Reina's hand brush the wet hair away from her face. Her cheeks had been tinted a dark pink as she looked up at the serial killer, "I do not have the answers that you're looking for." she offered before she stepped closer to Reina and lowered her head.

"I...I just have this feeling that is telling me that I can still trust you." she murmured before she closed her eyes, "After all, I am still here and you had the perfect opportunity to kill me." she added gently before she suddenly looked up and kissed Reina's cheek. She was not going to add the second part of, 'Perhaps I have fallen for you.' She was already getting enough stares from people, she did not want to admit her sexual orientation yet.

Reina eyes widened as she raised her hand to her cheek where Allyson's lips had been. A bright blush forming on her face, made evident by her milky white complexion. Reina couldn't understand her behavior. It was hard enough for Reina to understand common human interactions, but it was only made more confusing by how briefly she knew Allyson.

"Y-you can stay here whenever and however long you want..." She said as she closed her eyes to try to will the blush on her cheeks away. She turned around and pointed towards her room. "The only bathroom is through there." She turned to face the girl again. "You can sleep on the couch." She said pointing towards a sofa, a small blush returning to her cheeks as she forced herself to turn away. "O-or... There's my bed..."

"I probably should get home...my father will worry..." she admitted as she looked away, "After all, he is here until the serial murder case is solved. And he will not stop working on it until it is solved." she added as her hands clenched slightly, "I do not want you getting hurt Reina. There is always someone stronger out there...I just hope you do not run into that person." she continued before she grabbed her still soaking wet jacket.

When she got to the door, she stopped and looked over at her new friend and gave a small smile, "See you in school." she said gently before she opened the door to head outside, silently noting how dark it was. Once she stepped outside, she shivered slightly as she started walking. Soon, she stopped when she saw three large men in front of her blocking the entire sidewalk, "You probably should not do this." she murmured as she hesitantly stepped back, wishing that her dad or even Reina were with her right now.

Reina watched the girl leave, the gentle smile she gave haunting her memory. "A friend..." She whispered quietly as her eyes fell to the knife in her hand. After a few moments Reina's hand closed around the knife tightly. What was she thinking? Letting her friend walk home alone at night in this city.

She quickly reopened the apartment door and gave chase, her hand clutching the hilt of the knife tightly. This city was a dangerous place. At the very least she could watch from the shadows and make sure that she got home alright.

It didn't take long for her to catch up, considering the speed she was running. Rounding a corner swiftly she saw Allyson cut off by three men. A low growl escaped her lips as she began approaching, she started at a slow walk which eventually grew to a hastened run. She came sliding to a stop just in front of Allyson. She took two steps to the right so that she would be standing between her and the men, casting her trench coat aside as she took a readied stance with her knife. "You will not harm her..." She hissed. She was more than ready to take three more lives that night if it were necessary.

Surprisingly, fear was not seen in Allyson's face. A deadly glint could be seen in her eyes, but it vanished once Reina ran up. "Hehe, Reina, you did not need to walk me home." she murmured as she walked up to the girl and put a hand on her shoulder. "Anyways, what can three drunkards do to an innocent school girl?" she asked as she stepped next to her friend and kept an arm around the other's waist, "I am a daughter of a cop...I am not allowed to be weak." she added before she took another step forward, "You three wanted the touch of a woman...I'll help you out." she taunted before her one foot slid forward as one of the men ran at her.

It was weird seeing such a petite girl standing up to the three men who were easily 6 feet. With a slow blur of movements, Allyson was behind the first guy as he fell to the ground holding his stomach. She turned and watched the two men back off as she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone and entered a number, "Daddy. Can you send some guys to the creepy corner. Some guy was trying to pick me up...though I just let him down roughly. Alright! Sorry for taking the fun from your work. See you in a bit." she said gently before she closed the phone and walked over to Reina and wrapped her arms around her friend, "See, you did not need to worry. The main threat of the city will not bother me." she said softly as she gently rested her head against Reina's chest.

"It is not so bad now that the serial killer is caught. Right?" she asked softly as she looked up at her classmate with a small smile. "Just make sure you have your knife hidden. My dad is against children owning weapons of any sort." she added.

Reina lowered her defenses when she saw her dispatch of the three men so quickly. It made sense in the end. Her father would have taught her how to defend herself. Regardless, Reina didn't regret coming to insure her safety. She lowered her knife when the other approached her. She still wasn't use to the gestures she used, things like hugging and kissing. She gave a quiet nod before collecting her coat and storing the knife inside.

"Are you sure it's best that I meet your father?" She asked seriously as she glanced back at the unconscious drunks. Her hands moved to her pockets as she drew in a deep breath. She knew how unlikely it was that their suspect would be convicted. Reina's knife was hand made. They wouldn't be able to locate the murder weapon.

"Maybe. Knowing him, he will run a back ground check on you..." she murmured as she gently nudged one of the men with her foot, making sure he was out cold and not just pretending. "If there is anything that happened in the past that might make him forbid me from being near you, then you might want to leave." she offered as she shrugged her shoulders lightly, "Not that I would listen to him. It is just that he has been overprotective of me since he blames my mother's death on himself. A suspect was released on bail and killed my mother in hopes of throwing my father's emotions off to the point that he would not be able to continue the case." she explained as she looked down.

Soon, she was able to hear the faint sound of sirens as they drew closer and closer. "Thank you for coming though Reina. It means a lot, just for coming and for wanting to protect me." she murmured.

It wasn't as if a background check would reveal much about Reina. She had no registered parents, no birth certificate and she'd burned her finger prints off herself. She was a ghost, metaphorically speaking. She wasn't even certain that Reina Chipple was her real name. She looked over in the directions of the sirens with some degree of concern. This time however, they weren't looking for her.

Reina's eyes widened as a realization struck her. They had a suspect in custody. Not only did they not have a murder weapon, but Reina had left a fresh victim tonight. As soon as that body was found the hunt would be on again. Reina held her stomach as it churned. "I... I don't feel well..." She groaned as she leaned back against a lamp post.

Hearing the four word phrase sent Allyson into a flurry of concern as she walked over to Reina, "What's wrong?" she asked quietly before she turned, "Go home Reina. My dad will probably be in an extra annoying mood anyways. I would hate for anyone to deal with him when he is like that." she murmured.

Slowly her eyes narrowed as the sounds got louder, "Hurry up and leave. I'll be fine on my own. I'll stop by later tonight if you want." she offered as she shivered slightly as a strong wind blew by. Swiftly, she moved over and kissed Reina's cheek with a small, reassuring smile.

Reina opened her mouth to argue but closed her mouth just as quickly. Her father would be here soon. In addition the aching in her stomach was only getting worse. Not wanting to worry Allyson, she gave a quiet nod before turning and slowly walking in the direction of her apartment. Each step grew more and more painful as she approached the apartments. "Where the hell did this come from?" She groaned as she pushed her door open.

She allowed herself to fall to her knees once she was inside the apartment and the door was closed. She wanted to go to her room at least but the pain was severe. She curled into a ball on the floor near the door and did her best to endure. It wasn't long before darkness crept up on her and she succumbed to unconsciousness.

Once Allyson's father arrived and put the three men in cars, he let her know that he would not be home for another few hours. Once he was gone, she started to head back towards Reina's house knowing that she had a few more hours until she had to be home. Once she got to the apartment, she knocked on the door lightly, but loud enough for it to be heard.

She was worried, Reina did not look good when she left and then there was the statement only moments earlier about her not feeling well. She only hoped that her new friend and classmate was okay.

The sounds of the knocks stirred Reina from her place on the floor. She pushed herself up from the ground slowly. Her body felt greatly fatigued, but luckily the pain had subsided. "What was that?" She asked as she slowly rose to her feet. She approached the door slowly before slowly opening the door to make sure it was someone she knew.

Upon seeing Allyson she sighed quietly before opening the door the rest of the way. "You're back?" She said as she stepped aside to let the girl in. She used the wall as a means of supporting her tired body. "S-sorry... I don't know what came over me..."

"You do not look well at all." she murmured as she stepped in. Turning to Reina, she shook her head slightly, "You should go lay down." she added in concern as she tilted her head slightly. "My dad has a few more hours of work, so I can stay out for at least another three hours." she explained before she gently put her hand on Reina's cheek.

"Come on, we should get you to bed. I'll stay here for a bit too...and if I start falling asleep, I'll just call and leave my dad a voice mail saying that I won't be home." she murmured. Now, she did not want to leave. Reina looked horrible and she wanted to be there in case it got worst.

Reina wanted to argue that she was fine, but she knew that the fatigue she was suffering was blatantly obvious. The pain was gone, but the exhaustion remained. She continued to use the wall for support as she navigated the messy apartment to her room. The room possessed a nearly permanent faint scent of blood from the large amount of murders she had committed and the amount of times she had cleaned her knife.

She struggled through her room which was worse than the rest of the building as far as being messy was concerned. She removed her sopping wet uniform, before crawling into the bed in her lingerie. She groaned softly as she turned over onto her back. "I... I'm really sorry about all this..." She spoke softly, a faint blush covering her cheeks from her feelings of embarrassment regarding her weakness and vulnerable state.

The whole entire time, she was next to Reina, making sure that she did not fall or something. Once they got to the bedroom and her friend was in bed, she moved and sat on the edge of the bed, "Don't worry about it." she murmured gently. "Just get some rest, I'll be here when you wake up." she added softly as she gave a soft smile.

"I feel like this is all my fault though." she added as she looked down. "Sorry..." she murmured quietly as her body tensed slightly. She was now scared and worried about her friend's health. Even if her friend was the serial killer that her father was suppose to capture.

Reina shook her head as she wrapped herself up in her blanket. "No. It's not your fault." She reached out and rested her hand on top of the others. As sleep slowly began to fall on her. "Not... You fault..." These were the last words to leave her mouth before she drifted into sleep. Her face seemed peaceful for once as her muscles relaxed.

On a normal night, Reina's dreams were chaotic and nightmarish, but tonight she didn't dream at all. She was enveloped in darkness which gently rocked her to sleep. It would likely be the best night sleep she'd ever had.

Sighing softly, Allyson sent a text to her father saying that she was studying at a classmate's house and would not be home at all that night. Once it sent, she removed her own wet uniform and laid down next to Reina, wrapping a protective arm around her friend.

It was weird with how right everything had felt, even Reina almost killing her earlier felt right. With a small smile, Allyson kissed Reina on the cheek before she closed her eyes and started to go to sleep, still being protective over her new friend.

Regardless of how late it was when they had gone to sleep, Reina was awake before the dawn. Her eyes slowly opened which was when she felt the warmth of another behind her. A small blush surfaced as she laid her hand over the one draped over her. She had really stayed all night. Reina closed her eyes as a quiet sigh escaped her lips.

She slowly freed herself from the other woman's arm, so as not to wake her. She turned to make sure that the blanket was covering her properly. She quickly disappeared into the bathroom afterward. The shower kicked on as the naked albino climbed in under the hot water.

(Happy Halloween!)

The girl whimpered as Reina freed herself from the arms. Slowly, Allyson woke when her friend was getting in the shower. Rubbing her eyes, she blushed once she realized where she was and the lack of clothing. With a soft sigh, she sat up and stretched slightly before she stood up and grabbed her skirt and started putting it on. Though she still looked tired as she stood there, not wanting to move or even go to school. The students would only stare at her again since she was hanging out with Reina.

((Happy Halloween to you to.))

After a few moments, Reina emerged in a tattered robe. A sash loosely held the robe together. She looked over at where her new friend was sitting, a faint blush coming to her cheeks as she turned her face away slightly. "Thanks for staying last night..." She said after a few moments of silence. She moved to sit at the foot of the bed as she reached for her brush to begin brushing through her messy hair.

She found it difficult to speak under the circumstances. She was still embarrassed by her own weakness the night before, that and having another women in her bed for the night. She cleared her throat as she tightened her robe a little.

Back
Top Bottom