Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mission Codename: Cannon Fodder (BlisteredBlood & Devxx)

"Well, get used to it, Eris. You'll probably see me do more things you haven't seen me do under a normal circumstance." Thanatos answered in a sort of nonchalant manner as he took another bite of the turkey sandwich and chewed on it a few times before he also glanced around, seeing the considerable damage that he and that sniper caused from the skirmish before he finished the turkey sandwich sometime later.

"Yeah, I found your tracker. I pitched into a tree hoping that would've thrown you off the trail for a little bit while I went on ahead through the forest. I didn't care where it leaded to, but as long as I knew that I could get somewhere far away, I knew I wouldn't be seen by any prying eyes." He added with a sigh while he laid back on the forest floor, looking up at the canopy above.

"Short of you somehow sprouting wings or a fish tail I don't think anything is going to surprise me anymore. Er, just to make sure, you can't do either of those can you?" The super strength and speed she could deal with but if he suddenly turned into a mermaid she was going to have to let go of whatever thin grasp of sanity she still had.

"Well, it was nice knowing ya." The blond said as she got up and brushed the grass off her pants and bent down to pick up her knapsack. Thanatos had made it abundantly clear that he had no intention of following her anywhere and even if she had access to a tank and some nuclear grade plutonium she doubted she could force him to come with her. "Surprisingly this was actually kind of fun when death wasn't involved. Try to stay out of trouble, ok?" She grinned and held her hand out to him.

No doubt they wouldn't be happy with her failing her mission but right now she really didn't care. She'd deal with the consequences as they came and figure out how to get out of it somehow. Besides, she still had to hunt down Loki before he started causing more trouble.

"Hey. I just said I could do certain things you haven't seen before. I'm not a mutant." Thanatos answered with a bit of a perplexed look. "Besides, the project hadn't gone that far. If they did, I would've known about it right about now." He added as he then sat up onto his rear then reached around for the ham sandwich next. "It would be weird if I did, though." He said after a little bit of thought.

When she extended her hand out to him, Thanatos extended a hand out to her before he stood up, picking up his shirt and jacket and then putting them back on after a little time. "Actually, with the way things are going at this point, I think it might be safer if I go along. Besides, you already know what it is I'm capable of. Plus, it wouldn't do me any good if I left evidence like this laying around." Thanatos answered as he took the bullet out of his pocket and looked at it for a moment then placed it in her hand. "Who knows? Maybe the DNA structure that's now stained on this thing might also lend further credence to the story of what went on during my engineering." He added.

She looked at the bullet closely before putting it in her own pocket. Actually, his DNA structure would be valuable for more then just faking a death. "So after choking me, threatening to kill me, jumping out of a moving vehicle and running around a forest you're actually deciding to come with me?" She arched her eyebrow as she looked at him. This whole time she had been fighting him tooth and nail to get him to come and now he was actually volunteering to follow even when she said she'd stop bugging him. Who knew that getting shot would have actually been an improvement after all.

A small smile spread on her face until she was grinning like a Cheshire cat looking at him. Standing up on her toes she leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before pulling back and smiling. "Admit it, even with all of this you actually like hanging out with me." She teased as she looked back at him. It had definitely changed since she burned his hide out down and he had his katana to her neck. "Hopefully the car is still on the side of the road where I left it. I hope you don't mind sitting in broken glass considering it was your own damn fault." Now if only she could remember just where they had come from. The running and the fog had made her lose her sense of direction and she wasn't sure which way the highway was.

"Tell ya what. I'll make up for it all. I don't know how, but I'll think of something." Thanatos answered with a smile and a nod of his head to her. Despite there has been some rough patches between the two, Thanatos couldn't see why he shouldn't trust her. Besides, with everything that they've been through so far, it might be in his best interest to be around for the big reveal, provided if either one of them was still alive long enough. "Let's just get through with this and after that, you'll be sitting pretty in your new beach house in Maui. Possibly several others, but who knows?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

After receiving her kiss to his cheek and listening to her comment, Thanatos gave her a little smile before he emitted a slight laugh before he spoke. "Yeah, but you're still a pain in my ass." He answered teasingly before he reached behind her and gave the back of her pants and quick pinch before he took his hand back with a smirk. "As for the window, maybe I wanted some ventilation in there. Besides, it was too stagnant in there. Like someone lit a fart and used it to burn kerosene or something."

"Hm, relaxing in Maui and doing absolutely nothing productive for the rest of my life. Actually, that sounds pretty fun." She mused as she looked over at him. "What about you? When it's all over you'll no longer be a hunted man and you'll have quite a bit of money in your pocket. You plan on just hiding out on some secluded island somewhere?" What was his plan for his life once he didn't have to be on the run anymore. Would he actually take some time to relax or just keep training and live his life out in a monastery somewhere spending the time beating people up.

"Hey!" She yelped as she felt him pinch her. Apparently being shot at made him open up more and not shy away from any and all physical contact. "Oh gee, thanks so much for the lovely imagery. Even with all the super powers you're still a guy underneath it all." She groaned as she tried to get the thought of fart burning kerosene out of her head. Super soldiers or not, boys were boys once you got down to it.

Walking some more she could finally hear the sound of cars roaring along the road which had to mean that the highway was close. Sure enough just fifty feet ahead of them was the paved road that stretched from state to state and would lead them to their destination. Over on the side of the road the car was still there and they were lucky that no one had tried to steal it or tow it away. "Come on." She said as she waited for an opening after a semi roared by before making a mad dash across the highway and to the car. Even though it worked she would still like to ditch it and get a new one as soon as possible. This was still Sai's car and no doubt Loki would be able to track them better in it. Besides, she didn't trust that it didn't have a tracer in it.

"There ya go." Thanatos answered with a nod of his head, sounding a bit more positive this time around. "As for me, I don't really know, to be honest. Maybe I might just disappear into the unknown, maybe I might hang around. Who knows? Maybe I'll pay you a visit every once in a while." He added with a shrug of his shoulders before he heard her react to him pinching her rear, grinning teasingly at her.

"Like I said, I was gonna make up for it. I can start with opening up to you a little at a time." Thanatos then quipped when she made her comment after being pinched in the rear. "I owe you that for the kiss to the cheek." He added before laughing a little more as he then followed her to the highway.

After spotting the vehicle they had come all this way with, Thanatos nodded in agreement before he also dashed over to the passenger side and opened the door, seeing the mess he had left behind because of him blasting out the window from before. "Hoo boy. Guess I did." He said as he then brushed out the left over glass from the seat. After a little while, he then got into the seat and sighed comfortably with his hands behind his head. "Just keep it at a steady pace and we'll be in Chicago before you know it. Now come on, let's hit it!" Thanatos spoke.

"Wait, so if I kiss you on the mouth I get groped, if I hug you then you don't shy away and if I kiss you on the cheek then you pinch my rear? I'm glad we have a whole exchange system figured out." She said with a small giggle as she turned the ignition and slowly pulled off of the shoulder. The traffic had picked up a bit since morning and there were more trucks on the road making deliveries to Indiana and Wisconsin. Hopefully they wouldn't hit too much traffic and that the cars would thin out after a couple of hours.

"I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it there today." Eris said as she switched over to the car lane to get away from the trucks. "This little detour put us back a bit and I don't really want to be driving around in the dark while Loki is still out there. Besides, the soonest opportunity I have to dump this car the better." It was already in the middle afternoon and the sun would be going down in a couple of hours. At least in the daytime he would have a harder time jumping them.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Thanatos answered with a grin of his own as he watched Eris start the car back up, pull off the shoulder and start back up on their trek towards Chicago. He could now tell how fast she was going simply by feeling the wind on his face and judging from the looks of things, she was probably booking it pretty decently. After some time on the road, he could see that traffic was starting to build up quite a bit, mostly due to delivery trucks and the the like that were out and about.

"Yeah, you're probably right about that. But if need be, I can take over for ya during the night hours with those thermals ya gave me. That should give me an idea of where this Loki guy is coming from so I can put his head on a pike for the rest of the CROSS members to see ad fear. Hopefully then they'll figure out they're fucking with the wrong guy." He added with a nod of his head as he remember about the sandwich he was still going to finish. With that in mind, Thanatos took it and began munching on it casually.

"Cocky aren't we?" She joked as she tried to pass another one of the trucks that was in front of her. Sure it was rush hour traffic but something about this didn't seem right. You usually didn't have this much buildup on the highway unless something big was going on. Up ahead it didn't look like the cars were moving at all and people were honking furiously trying to get moving. If she squinted she could even see what looked like policemen in uniforms in the distance. No, something had definitely happened and it looked like they were going to be stuck here for quite some time. If she had to bet on it she would say that Loki had probably done something to keep them stranded here as long as possible. No doubt that asshole was even watching them with glee right now as he figured out what to do next.

"We're going to be stuck here for a bit. It looks like there was an accident up ahead." Eris said as she turned towards Thanatos. This whole thing had put them way behind schedule and short of somehow getting a car that could fly she didn't see how they would make it there by the end of the day. Sighing heavily she took her hands off the wheel and put the car in park as she leaned back against her seat. They weren't going to be going anywhere for a while so why even bother. "So the whole super soldier thing, what as it like? Did you have to go through an insane amount of training or did they just modify your genes to make you pretty much invincible."

"I'm entitled to it." Thanatos answered confidently. "Besides, when you got something, you should flaunt it however and whenever possible. Otherwise, people will look at you like you're a no-talent hack and then are pretty much given permission to walk over you. In my case, as I said, I have all the talents that were given to me as though they were a blessing from God Himself." He added, sounding entirely modest about it. After a little while, he could then see what it was Eris was squinting her eyes at, this being a possible accident of some sort up the road. Either that or it was a police checkpoint. One way or the other, something told him that they were indeed going to be here for a little while longer than they had been already.

"Looks like it." Thanatos answered as he settled back into the seat with his arms folded across his chest and sighed a bit. When Eris asked him about how he came to be the way he was, Thanatos glanced up to the roof of the vehicle and thought about it for a minute. "Yeah, you might say that. One of the things they do is a lot of gene manipulation and therapy as well as virtual reality training. I'm not too clear on the details in question, but yes." He added.

"So the who idea is if you've got it flaunt it? Dear god I'm glad you're not a woman or else I think I'd be scared for life." Eris chuckled as she looked over at him. Sure she could tease him but he definitely had something that people were killing to achieve. There was a reason he was the most wanted man in the world and no doubt that would go to his head just a bit. The cars in front of them started moving little by little though it seemed like she had only moved about five feet in the past ten minutes. Something was definitely up and curiosity was eating at her to try and figure out what it was. Maybe her paranoia had just gotten the best of her and it really was just a normal accident or something.

"Does that mean your life was pretty much spent in training and labs? Sheesh, that's rough." Her life wasn't exactly ideal but at least she had the freedom to run around instead of being confined in a lab and being trained how to be a perfect soldier. What kind of life could you really have growing up when it was in that kind of environment?

"Shit. It looks like it's a checkpoint." She cursed under her breath as she watched policemen stop at cars and asked people for their IDs and other questions. This wasn't good at all. She doubted that Thanatos had an ID and while she had plenty of fakes she was worried if they decided to run the plates of the car through the system. No doubt it had been reported as stolen since she doubted this was Sai's car in the first place. Things could get really bad really fast if it went down that path.

"Oh? Then explain that corset you're wearing. That thing's so tight to your torso that one wrong move would see your breasts popping out almost immediately." Thanatos teased right back with a grin on his face and a boisterous laugh soon following. It would last for a little while before she made mention of his "upbringing", if one were to call it that, anyway. Thanatos only shrugged indifferently before he glanced over to Eris and smiled at her sordidly.

"It's not so bad. You kind of get used to it after a while, considering your body is under extreme pain, threatening malnutrition, dehydration, starvation, severe injury and possibly even death. Or possibly even euthanizing if one of us goes rogue." He added as his expression then became grim. "That would be the worst fate for all of us. But then again, from what I've heard from some of them, they considered that death or euthanasia a sweet release from their own fate." He added as his eyes narrowed a bit.

When she mentioned there was a checkpoint the two had come up on, Thanatos's attention was soon drawn to the front of the car, emitting a sudden quiet gasp as he came back into focus. "Shit!" He seethed as his eyes narrowed in frustrated thought before he put a hand up to his face and began to think hard. "If you got an idea, now's the time to use it. Because of nothing else, I'll hide in the trunk of the car until it all blows over." He said as he then glanced over to Eris.

"Hey! I'm a girl who happens to use a sword for a weapon and in case you haven't noticed boobs can actually be a problem when you're swinging around at an enemy." She said as she looked over at him. True a part of her did wear the corset for the fact that it did accentuate certain assets but it wasn't like she was about to let him know that. Besides, she wasn't going to take fashion advice from someone who looked like he would be at home in an S&M dungeon. "I didn't hear you complaining about it when you groped me." Eris muttered under her breath. The policeman was about three cars away and he would be at their car soon. They'd have to come up with a plan quickly if they wanted to actually get out of this.

"Get used to it?" She asked incredulously as she listened to him talk about his upbringing. How could one possibly get used to a constant threat of death as you go through what must be hell on earth. Eris suppressed a shudder as her mind tried to wrap around just what Thanatos must have gone through. No wonder he was so adamant about not being captured and would do anything he could to keep his freedom. To consider death a release from the horrors of life only helped to shed some light on just what must have happened.

"I have an idea but I don't think you're going to like it." She said as she watched the cop finish with the car right in front of them before heading towards them. There was no way she could totally lie her way out of this and killing everyone in sight wasn't really an option. It looked like if they wanted to get out of this jam they would just have to rely on shocking him stupid. "Here goes nothing." Eris muttered under her breath as she undid her seat belt and looked over at Thanatos with a sort of apology in her eyes.

Leaning over she grabbed him by his collar and pulled him close to her so her lips were pressed against his. She was leaned over the arm wrest with her butt pointed towards the window as her other hand traveled down his body before resting on his crotch. From outside it would look like they were busy doing a lot more then they actually were while inside she was just hoping he wouldn't kill her for what she was doing. After a minute there was a knock on the window when Eris finally let go of him and turned around with a shocked look on her face as if they had just been caught and were embarrassed. The policeman was looking at them with his hands on his hips and a his face completely red. Sitting back down on her seat she rolled down the window and looked at him. "Is there a problem officer?" Eris said in her best bimbo voice while she twirled a finger in her hair.

"Well, there were some reports of a couple of fugitives on the roads here and we were just doing a check." The man said, a slight blush on his cheeks from what he had just witnessed. Obviously he was still a bit embarrassed about interrupting their moment and would like to get as far away as possible. "So, um...just be careful ok?" He said as he tried to not make eye contact before turning around and shaking his head while muttering something about horny kids. Well, at least they managed to dodge that bullet for now.

Thanatos's attention was soon brought over to Eris when she began speaking about her appearance, smirking at her for a little while despite he was still trying to think of a way out of their current situation. From the looks of things, it seemed as though they've been dodging bullets ever since day one of when they met and up until now, there was another one of those proverbial bullets that was coming their way. "Nah, I couldn't complain about it, either." He answered with a bit of a grin on his face.

When she asked him her incredulous question, Thanatos simply shrugged indifferently. It wasn't so much so that he had to get used to it all, but then again it was more like he was forced to get used to it or else end up with the rest of the so-called omega wolves that feel too far behind. It was absolutely necessary for him to be a part of everything that was thrown at him and as a result of all the therapies and of all the training, Thanatos was now what was considered to be the total package. It was just too bad for the scientist that released him in an effort to get vengeance on his superiors for cutting their funding was met with a rather bloody ending. Not that he cared, really.

When he heard that Eris had an idea but he wasn't going to like it, Thanatos looked over to Eris oddly for a moment before he watched her get out of her seat. "What? What are...?" He asked before he was met with a kiss from Eris, silencing him. He didn't know what to think of it at the moment, but he decided to play along. In response to the kiss, Thanatos raised his hands up to the cups of her corset once more, fondling her covered chest somewhat while also being subjected to a grope of his crotch. He didn't know how to react to that, but he knew he was going to make her pay for it later on when they were alone.

The knock on the window came as a bit of a shock to Thanatos and as Eris turned to face the officer who knocked on the window. In reaction, Thanatos looked to the other window as if he was also embarrassed for what he did despite there was a hand on her thigh, caressing it a bit. When the officer bought her story and then left, he then turned back to face Eris with a sideway look for a moment before he gave a sigh and taking his hand off of her thigh.

"Too close..." He said aloud, emitting a sigh of relief.

"Way too close." She said as she watched the officer pass to the next car in the rear view mirror. The roads were getting more dangerous if they had the police closing down highways just to search for them. At least they had managed to avoid this one but who knew how long until they had to pass the next check point? She doubted this little trick would work every time and right now she didn't really want to push her luck. They could probably get off the highway and take some of the back roads though that would make the long trip longer and leave them more open to a guerrilla attack by Loki.

Her eyes shifted awkwardly to Thanatos, glad that he hadn't blown up over what she did. At least he had managed to play along enough to fool the cop into thinking he had interrupted something. "So..." she tried to lead off but couldn't think of anything to say. The atmosphere in the car was definitely a bit awkward and she wasn't really sure to how approach him with what she did. "Erm, sorry about that. It was the only thing I could think of." Eris said sheepishly as she peered out the window. Well, at least it didn't involve him having to hide in the trunk.

The cars in front of them started to pick up speed as they passed the checkpoint and soon they were actually moving at a respectable rate. Her fingers drummed against the steering wheel and she breathed another sigh of relief as they past the last of the police cars waiting to check the traffic. It had thinned out considerably and now she could actually weave in and out of the lanes and make up for some of the time that they lost. If she really pushed forward then just maybe they might be able to make it to Chicago sometime tonight. Though that all depended on what was going on further up the road.

"You know," Eris began as a slight smirk spread over her face. "you actually have pretty soft lips." The girl giggled slightly as she gave him a mischievous glance. This was pushing her luck but it would be too much of a shame to pass up an opportunity like this.

"No kidding." Thanatos answered with a bit of an awkward glance over to Eris for a moment as he then looked back at the rear window, seeing the officer heading further back into the lines of cars behind them. At least they were in the clear for now, but that didn't necessarily mean they could pull this stunt all the time. As far as he knew, if they tried this stunt at another checkpoint, the reaction from that officer would be a little less consistent with what that officer would have. But now they were in the clear, what would be the best possible chance for them to go now? Chances are, they could stick to the highway, but the backroads would also present a problem. Suppose if that Loki guy came back and decided to make their lives a little more unbearable?

Either way, Thanatos eventually looked over to Eris when she spoke, despite there was a clear hint of awkwardness in her tone. "That's fine. We at least got the officer off our asses, at least for now." He answered as he pointed a thumb in back of them. As a natter of fact, Thanatos was actually glad that Eris made that move so that he didn't do what he planned. But who knows? Maybe it would work on the next checkpoint.

As traffic began to move, Thanatos nodded to himself in agreement when he heard Eris's sigh of relief as they began to move at a more respectable clip. Looking down, he then smoothed out his jacket then his pants a bit before he relaxed into the seat. There was no telling what was in store for them up the road, but at least Thanatos could breathe easy not having to deal with any other distractions. For now, anyway.

When she finally began to speak normally, Thanatos glanced over to Eris once more before he smirked at her. "Heh." He answered with a grin of his own. "Of course, you do realize that you owe me more than a grope now for that." He added with a bit of a laugh.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She said as innocently as she possibly could. A lot had changed since they first met and she was actually glad he had lightened up quite a bit and was joking back. Who knew that under all that murderous ability he could actually be cheeky. "If it makes you feel any better next time I'll jump you like a rabbit." She turned at winked at him with a chuckle. Up until now she was still working on the theory that he was asexual but it was looking more and more like he wasn't. Still, the curiosity was getting to her and she still wanted an answer to the question she asked him in the diner.

"Seriously though, women, men or none of the above? I mean, I doubt you had a lot of time to fool around in between trying not to die while training. Plus I doubt there were a lot of girls enrolled in the super soldier program." Did any part of the training involve getting rid of the more primal urges? Hell, could you even train that out of someone?

"So do you think we should stay on the highway or take the back roads? Either we'll have to deal with another checkpoint or we open ourselves up more to an attack from Loki." They would have to make a decision soon since the off ramp was coming up in a mile and then who knew when the next checkpoint was. There was still the little matter of wanting to ditch the car just in case someone decided to run their plates. Eris was also a bit paranoid about there being a tracker in the car and Loki keeping a closer eye on them then she thought. The man was notorious for being hidden in the shadows and attacking when one least expected it. Where Sai and Abassi liked showing off their power, Loki preferred to stay in the safety of the shadows and let his toys do the talking for him.

"Oh yeah right." Thanatos answered. "You're about as innocent as the Virgin Mary." He added with joking sarcasm as he laughed at her playfully. It was strange, though. Before all of this happened, Thanatos had been the sort who would just as soon cut someone down without a second thought and now here he was, laughing and joking around - as well as throwing out a few little flirts - with someone he knew very somewhat. When she made the tease that she would jump on him like a rabbit, Thanatos only looked at her with an arched eyebrow and a sly looking smirk before he gave an answer. "I dunno. If you're as rabbit-like as you say you are, then do you can keep up with an appetite of a wolf like me?" He asked, throwing the same amount of wit right back at her.

"But yes, if I remember correctly, I was always into women." Thanatos then added with a nod of his head thoughtfully before he smiled again at her. "So who knows. Maybe you'll get your wish one day after this is all over. Maybe before then. You never know." He said before winking at her. True, there were areas of the program where they could tune out all those primal urges - amongst everything else - in order to perfect all aspects, but apparently, Thanatos was one of the lucky ones. Possibly the only one, at that.

"Well," Thanatos began again as he then looked up to the roof of the car in thought. "If we continued on the main highway, we'll come across more of those checkpoints. If we go off the highway and take the backroads, we'll be opening ourselves up to another one of Loki's surprise attacks. When or where he'll come from, is a bit of a mystery even to me." He added. "But considering how far out of Chicago we're at now, I think it would probably be safer if we just stick to the main roads. We can always find another vehicle to snag while this one goes to meet a crusher."

"Pft, a wolf? We really need to do something about that ego of yours. Face it, you're about as terrifying as a teddy bear when you're not all golden eyed with blood lust." True, she had no trouble joking around with him when he was in this state but when his eyes turned gold it was something different altogether. There was something wholly terrifying about him and he became so much more primal then human. Normal Thanatos was someone she was actually starting to enjoy hanging out with but his other side still frightened her. Just thinking about those cold gold eyes sent a small shiver down her back as she remembered just what he did to Sai and Abassi. Not to mention when they were turned on her in anger. No, that was still someone she really wouldn't like to meet in a dark ally or even in broad daylight.

"My wish? My only wish is to get a nice vacation house in Maui and not have a care in the world for the rest of my life." It would be nice to finally be done with all of this and just relax without worry about anything else. Not having to dodge bullets or kill people and instead just relax on a nice beach while sipping fruity drinks and winking at cute boys. This whole life of living out of a suitcase from motel to motel while trying not to get your head blown off got very boring very fast.

"Hm, I guess you're right. We have a better cover from Loki and hopefully we can stop somewhere just to switch cars." It would cost too much to add any more time to this trip and the sooner they got it all over with the better. At least when they were in Chicago they would have better footing for taking down Loki and putting the plan into effect. "Hm, it looks like there's some more build up in a mile or so. Probably another checkpoint. What's our plan this time?" The cars were starting to slow down in front of them and soon enough they would be at a full stop as the cops checked their IDs. Just how far could they possibly press their luck before it pressed back?

"Again. You haven't seen all that I'm capable of, Eris." Thanatos answered in a sly tone. "Suppose if right now, I would've welcomed you up on my lap and do what you did back there last time but maybe some... Oh, what's the word I'm looking for here...?" He spoke before rubbing his chin in thought before he gave her a grin. "Depth. That right?" He then asked with the same grin on his face. "I wouldn't have minded either way. Just be warned, though. I won't pull any punches." He added with a bit of a mockingly threatening tone of voice then pointed at her.

"Really? That's all you wish for?" He then asked, arching a brow at her. Normally, he figured that there would be a bit more to her aspirations, but then again, maybe that was what she was looking for. To just live out the rest of her life without having to worry about nearly getting killed out there. In some weird way, Thanatos could see a little bit of himself in her in terms of thought pattern; where they just wanted to be left alone where they couldn't be seen or heard from ever again. Sad, really. Eris here wasn't really all that bad a gal when he thought about it.

"Hmm." Thanatos answered with a little bit of thought. "We could just pull off to the side of the road for now and wait until the traffic dies down. Or, we can go with the idea I had and stuff me in the trunk while you get across the checkpoint. All I gotta do is stay quiet." Thanatos offered his last idea before he looked over to her with the same thoughtful look.

"I think if I got on your lap right now we'd have bigger problems then having to pass through a checkpoint. Though I'm sure the cops would love the show." Funny, just two days ago they were trying to kill each other and now they were flirting shamelessly. Strange things happened when you spent a couple of days with someone as you both tried to avoid death by the hands of an evil organization. Another time, another place and she might just have taken him up on that. Though right now the biggest thing on her mind was actually getting to Chicago in one piece without a bullet hole in her head.

"Well, what do you wish for? If you could have anything what could you possibly want?" Would he have the same desire to just be left alone without having to worry about people coming after him or were his goals a bit more lofty then that? For all she knew he could have some secret desire to be a big Broadway star or to retire to a monastery in China and live out the rest of his life as some peaceful monk.

"If we pull off to the side then that might raise red flags. It looks like you're going to have to get stuffed in the trunk." They didn't have many options right now and she was getting closer and closer to the checkpoint. They were obviously looking for more then one fugitive so a lone woman driving by herself wouldn't alert that much attention. Not to mention that Eris had more then enough fake IDs to pull out a whole new identity if they asked her anything specific. She reached the tail end of the line and slowed down the car as the vehicles in front of here were slowly pulling past the checkpoint. It was getting late and she was wondering just how many of them they were going to have to deal with before finally getting to their destination.

"Like...?" Thanatos answered with that same sly tone while grinning at her in a sort of Cheshire Cat-like sort of way. There was really no way he was going to let her off of the hook now that things had gotten this far. If nothing else, he was almost daring her to make a move at him and respond to it accordingly. Besides, he knew for a fact that she was into him for more than just a grope now. But what, remains a bit of a mystery to him at the moment.

But when she asked him what was his wish, Thanatos blinked for a moment before he looked down to the floor for a moment and then blinked once more, trying to think about it for a moment. "What is my wish, Eris?" He asked. "You know, I never really knew. Something like that hasn't ever occurred to me in the past, since all I knew was how to live, how to fight and how to kill." He answered with a bit of a thoughtful look. "I guess I'd probably disappear for a while, But I'd still live up to the promise I made about popping up where you were every once in a while to say hello." Thanatos said as he looked over to her with a smile on his face.

"Looks like we're on the same page." Thanatos answered. "Pop the trunk and let me get out and in it. Once we're clear, just keep going through until we're at a safe distance." He added once they arrived in the tail end of the line. Good, that meant he had a good amount of time before another officer came around to inspect something. Without another word, Thanatos eased himself out from the passenger side of the car and began to move to the back of it while crouching low to the ground, leaving his katana on the floor and in back of the seats. Once he was in position as the trunk was unlocked from the inside, Thanatos quickly lifted it open before he stuffed himself into it and then shut the trunk on himself.

Alright... That part's over with for now. Now all I need to do is to just stay quiet and not move. He thought once he was in position.

She quirked her eyebrow as she listened to what he had to say. It was almost as if he was challenging her to make a move and push his buttons. If it wasn't for the fact that they were surrounded by police at the moment with a very high chance of capture she probably would have. "You're lucky you're cute." She muttered under her breath as she slowed the car down and popped the trunk so that he could get inside. Once he was in place and out of sight she slowly inched closer to the line and waited for the cops to make their rounds over to her car.

She didn't have to wait long and within ten minutes there was an officer by her window asking her for her name and ID. Pulling out her wallet Eris flipped through some cards before taking out a driver's license and handing it to him. The license would identify her as one Anna Sasin, age 22 from the state of Nevada. The gruff man turned the ID over in his hands a couple of times before seemingly being content and handing it back over to her. "Where are ya headin'?" The man asked as she flashed his flashlight in her eyes. "Oh, I'm just going to Illinois to visit a friend." Eris plastered a smile on her face as she looked up at him. Right now the girl would like nothing more then to take that flashlight and shove it somewhere where it wouldn't get any sunlight. The policeman seemed to accept that answer as his eyes looked over the rest of the car for anything out of place.

"Alright ma'am, it all looks good. If you could just pop the trunk you can be on your merry way." Shit! If she did that then they would see Thanatos and start wondering why a full grown man was hiding in her trunk. Then they'd have to kill them and that would just be one bloody mess that she would rather not be involved in. Shit, she'd really have to think fast if she wanted to get out of this one. "Well officer, I would but my trunk is broken." Eris looked up at him with big doe eyes as she leaned forward a bit so he could get a better view of her cleavage. "And well, silly me, I'm just no good with cars." By now her voice had gone up an octave and she had a finger to her lips like a confused little girl. Luckily, the pig bought this whole story hook, line, and sinker.

"Well that's alright sweetie. Why don't you just go on ahead." The cop said with the most godawful grin on his face. Eris merely smiled once again and began to drive off past the checkpoint. What she wouldn't give to put a bullet through his head and then dump his body in a pit somewhere. Men turned into complete idiots once they saw a pair of boobs and she really hated being called sweetie. After driving for another ten minutes and finally being at a safe distance she pulled off to the shoulder before popping the trunk to let Thanatos out.

"I would just like to say that I really hate cops." Eris said angrily as she waited for him to get back in. Dealing with Loki was actually starting to sound like a good plan right now.

After taking a little while to settle down into a more comfortable position in the trunk, Thanatos simply went quiet as he felt the car moving up closer and closer still, taking about ten minutes worth before another officer came up to inspect her. Alright... Showtime, Eris. Give 'em a good act and let's get out of here so I can get out of this thing. He thought as he glanced from side to side.

He quirked an eyebrow when he heard the officer was wanting her to pop open the trunk so he could take a look around in it. A grimace soon followed before he shut his eyes tightly, really not wanting to be discovered in this thing. But at least it wasn't a K-9 unit, that much he could be thankful for. Things would've gotten very ugly and very quickly if that were the case. Come on! Think of something! He thought with the same wince on his face. When he heard Eris give him the convenient slip of the tongue, stating that she couldn't open it because it was broken, Thanatos gave a quiet sigh of relief, somehow thanking her for not letting that cop to do what he was asking for.

Soon enough, he could feel the car begin to move again and within another ten minutes, Thanatos noticed that Eris had pulled off to the side of the road once more before he heard the trunk pop open once more. A nod was all he gave before he opened the trunk and stepped out slowly, stretching himself out for a bit before he stepped back into the passenger side of the car with a sigh and a roll of his eyes.

"They're about as reliable as a spoon in a knife fight." Thanatos answered with a bit of sarcasm in his tone of voice as he settled back into the seat. "But as of right now, that's another checkpoint we passed through without a hitch. God only knows what we would have to do at the next one." He added with a knowledgeable tone this time as he glanced to her.

Back
Top Bottom